#21 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

Yess I've never felt so excited reading Guy vs. Kisame!! I wonder who will win, even I believe it's Guy.
Guy's techniques are so cool!! About the fight, I have heard about a quote that tiger vs. dragon = they have similiar strength, but I've never heard tiger vs. shark who will win...

About Naruto, wth he broke his own ankle. That made Naruto more reckless than Luffy who planted his feet when he fought Arlong.

#22 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

Eh, quite short chapter. Naruto says only one sentence. And the fight... just as I expected it, maybe a lil more intense. Ok, it was a good chapter in general

#23 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Well, Kakashi went up against Itachi and lost, Kurenai and Asuma couldn't fight Kisame in his first appearance..... I don't know.

#24 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 19 2010, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see Kisame escaping with the information he has gathered on Kumo giving Madara a strong advantage. If Kishi wants to end this match so soon it could only means that he wants Naruto to return to Konoha we haven't seen anyone from the village since 489. I can see Sakura getting upset with Naruto for hurting his ankle (NS moment biggrin.gif)

Naruto may have only sprained his ankle, instead of breaking it.
But I like the idea that he will have to go to a certain medic ninja to get it fixed.

If that scroll gets away (even if Kisame doesn't), Bee and Naruto will have to leave the island, which would be neither secret nor safe.

Interesting that Kisame is like an old-fashioned garbage bag commercial. ("wimpy, wimpy, wimpy... hefty, hefty, hefty")

#25 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

I'm kinda disappointed in the fact that we had to wait 2 weeks and that it ended up so short sad.gif

#26 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

Good fight chapter. I still think that either Guy will die or nobody dies and Kisame escapes.

It still bugs me to no end that after all the foreshadowing of Bee training Naruto how to control the Nine Tails chakra, Naruto himself instead of getting the oh so superior and much more awesome Demon Cloak to master DCV1 (his 1 tailed look in his fight with Sasuke), DCV2 (his 4 tailed look in his fight with Orochimaru), and DCV3 (becoming the Nine Tailed Fox himself) and just like Bee can, he has to get something completely different then the demon cloak. I just hope that the Demon Cloak is a thousand times more powerful then this monstrous piece of garbage of a transformation that Ninja Jesus Mode is. I'm sorry, but I really hate that new transformation that Naruto has. It looks like a character design for a bad movie rip off of Tron. I liked the Demon Cloak better because it looked much cooler with the tails sticking out actually showing the fact that he's a Jinchuriki and the destructive menacing power that the Jinchuriki of the strongest Tailed Beast in the world of the ninja wields in the palm of his hands. I wanted to see Naruto doing version 1 and version 2 and being friends with the Nine Tailed Fox like Killer Bee and the Eight Tailed Ox but do I and anyone else who wanted to see it get it, no we did not. I really hope that he got this transformation by only being able to gather a small amount of the demonic chakra of the Nine Tailed Fox due to the missing half and non existent friendship between Naruto and the Nine Tailed Fox due to it being sealed away ethan further not being able to get out or that the chakra somehow effected the seal to make it compatible with the Flying Thunder God Jutsu. Most of you are probably gonna disagree with me because my thoughts on the Ninja Jesus Mode aren't the popular opinion here but I really don't care what you think of my views on his "new form" of his. (NOTE: Notice the quotation marks here)

I could see a potential narusaku moment with the broken ankle thing.

The chapter was good, looking forward to next week.

#27 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 19 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good fight chapter. I still think that either Guy will die or nobody dies and Kisame escapes.

It still bugs me to no end that after all the foreshadowing of Bee training Naruto how to control the Nine Tails chakra, Naruto himself instead of getting the oh so superior and much more awesome Demon Cloak to master DCV1 (his 1 tailed look in his fight with Sasuke), DCV2 (his 4 tailed look in his fight with Orochimaru), and DCV3 (becoming the Nine Tailed Fox himself) and just like Bee can, he has to get something completely different then the demon cloak.

I could see a potential narusaku moment with the broken ankle thing.

The chapter was good, looking forward to next week.

I like to say that I wish people would give the form a chance as we barely seen anything yet. Yeah we have seen him transform, but so far we only know of two things. He has a higher sense of people's emotions and he has increased his speed and power exponentially.

We have to yet to see a full battle test run and who knows it may be a likable form. So give it a chance and let's see what Naruto can do with it. Then make your assessment.

I am also sorry that Naruto isn't like Sasuke and takes every new jutsu like a duck to water. Unlike Sasuke who instantly becomes a master after only 5 minutes, Naruto needs to learn more control. Once he does, I bet you he will be a force to reckon with. I can't wait till he combines this with Sage mode.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Loved this Chapter ! tongue.gif The Sharks were awesome and I hope Guy doesn't open the 8 gate cause he will die and I don't want that! I want Kisame to die...MWAHAHAHA biggrin.gif

#29 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 19 2010, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This chapter ended way too fast.... I thought it was only five pages then, chapter ends wtf? err.gif
Man, Gai seems to be the only Jonin in Konoha to stand up to an Akatsuki member....

Well lets think about this.

The first time Itachi appears, he even comments on how powerful Guy is. Guy is repeatedly referred to by himself as Kakashi's #1 rival (a claim that while Kakashi ignores but doesn't necessarily dispute Guy's strength) and of all the Jonin we've seen, Guy's strengths don't seem to rely an easily exploitable weakness (relying on Genjutsu for example). Nor is Kisame the huge mismatch that say Hidan was.

I tend to think that Guy is the second strongest jonin of Konoha after Kakashi, which would explain why he's so strong and able to give Kisame an even fight (at the moment).

Whether or not he'll be able to finish Kisame off, is a different matter. I think Naruto will be the one that finishes Kisame.

#30 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Aug 19 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like to say that I wish people would give the form a chance as we barely seen anything yet. Yeah we have seen him transform, but so far we only know of two things. He has a higher sense of people's emotions and he has increased his speed and power exponentially.

We have to yet to see a full battle test run and who knows it may be a likable form. So give it a chance and let's see what Naruto can do with it. Then make your assessment.

I am also sorry that Naruto isn't like Sasuke and takes every new jutsu like a duck to water. Unlike Sasuke who instantly becomes a master after only 5 minutes, Naruto needs to learn more control. Once he does, I bet you he will be a force to reckon with. I can't wait till he combines this with Sage mode.

I didn't say that I wanted Naruto to be more perfect like Sasuke (if you call being a deranged psychopath perfect) because that would suck. Of course he needs to learn more control and no I'm not gonna give anyone the satisfaction of giving the form a chance, because I expected Naruto to learn Version 1/2 and Killer Bee showing him how to do some of those wrestling based taijutsu techniques like Lariat, Headbutt, or even Liger Bomb by the time he was done training but Kishi decided to be an a**hole and give him a completely new and different form that doesn't even look cool at all in my opinion. The Demon Cloak looks for more awesome and epic then that poor excuse for a transformation.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 19 August 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#31 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

Lol, someone got their candy taken away from them. Just watch and see what Naruto can do before ranting. tongue.gif

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 19 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say that I wanted Naruto to be more perfect like Sasuke (if you call being a deranged psychopath perfect) because that would suck. Of course he needs to learn more control and no I'm not gonna give anyone the satisfaction of giving the form a chance, because I expected Naruto to learn Version 1/2 and Killer Bee showing him how to do some of those wrestling based taijutsu techniques like Lariat, Headbutt, or even Liger Bomb by the time he was done training but Kishi decided to be an a**hole and give him a completely new and different form that doesn't even look cool at all in my opinion. The Demon Cloak looks for more awesome and epic then that poor excuse for a transformation.

Didn't say Sasuke was perfect. BTW, there is no such thing as more perfect. tongue.gif

Gosh, you are picky. It's like someone buys you a new car, but because you don't like the outer color you won't drive it. Never mind that it has a lot of power behind the engine. I bet it could even be the batman mobile, but because it is blue and not black you hate it. Naruto is not really a Taijutsu user. He is not Gai. He is a chakra powerhouse and better at being someone who can be a friggin' tank using chakra to increase his speed and strength. Similar to Sakura, but different means.

If you are unwilling to give the form a chance then I am unwilling to give your opinion due respect based on the fact that we haven't seen him really do anything with it yet. How can you say the car is bad when you haven't given it a test drive yet?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 19 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, someone got their candy taken away from them. Just watch and see what Naruto can do before ranting. tongue.gif

I don't know why it bugs him so much...even with his reasons it seems like he's completely overreacting. The form looks awesome in your sig after all ! :True: And having a carbon copy of another character just seems boring...Even if it is a cool character like Bee.

Anyways, was a great chapter. Ya' gotta love Guy. I'm not sure it matters too much to me whether Kisame dies or not...I never really cared too much for him either way. And like someone else said, as long as Kisame's scroll gets away it won't effect what happens afterwards really...I'd like to see Naruto get back to Konoha. See if he tells anyone what happened when he was mastering Kyuubi.(and of course hopefully get some NaruSaku interaction but I won't hold my breath)
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

Chill guys. Don't be hatin'.... K9 doesn't like the new form, all right, he explained his reasons and he's not really being spiteful. Let's leave it at that.

#35 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

We don't know the extent of this form, so let's try to watch before we comment <3

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#36 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Finally had a chance to read 506 and just like everyone else, I thought it was kinda rushed, but then again, perhaps Kishimoto wants to focus on bigger things like the Fourth War and just wants to get past this fight.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#37 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

Alright I'm going to get a little off 506 specifics here.

It seems though Madara's objective overall is the same. He needs the jinchuuriki so I believe Kisame will have a 50/50 chance in getting the message out to Madara who is planning and playing where in the world is Bee and Uzumaki Naruto.

If it doesn't get out then we should expect more chapters of all hell breaking loose while Naruto is training. However due to his ankle injury that seems less likely. He'll get medical treatment before continuing.

Now for me best case scenario is that Sakura is sent to the island as the medic and they get the chance to speak to one another. If Guy does in fact survive the Kisame fight, he's going to be hurt, if he uses the 8th gate then brink of death (Let's face it how many characters does Kishi kill off?). So ankle injury and muscle destroyed Guy, you need some medic.

However that would also imply if the message did get through to Akatsuki and the Zombie bunch. If I were Sasuke I would have a flashback thing if Kisame does live and shows up saying what happened, it'll go like this.
'Sasuke, Sakura is member of Team 7 just like you and me!'
Then throw in a couple more references to the confrontation add an insane dark grin, "Madara I know how we can get to Naruto."

But I'm usually wrong you could get a random Kumo nin showing up. No idea, I'm scatter-brained and weird. Kishi is Kishi, he'll go in the direction he wants.

Edited by Insurrection, 20 August 2010 - 04:12 AM.

#38 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Aug 20 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However that would also imply if the message did get through to Akatsuki and the Zombie bunch. If I were Sasuke I would have a flashback thing if Kisame does live and shows up saying what happened, it'll go like this.
'Sasuke, Sakura is member of Team 7 just like you and me!'
Then throw in a couple more references to the confrontation add an insane dark grin, "Madara I know how we can get to Naruto."

Sasuke doesn't volunteer information, not to Orochimaru and not to Madara either. He's also made it clear he doesn't want Madara involved in his plans of vengence, he thinks he can take down the whole ninja world singlehandedly. Look how long he waited to even take Itachi's eyes. Madara knows Sasuke feels no obligation, much less loyalty to him. Madara was able to say the right words to turn Sasuke into a weapon that is of use to him, but it will take very little for Sasuke to turn on Madara- Madara even says so to Zetsu.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#39 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 19 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke doesn't volunteer information, not to Orochimaru and not to Madara either. He's also made it clear he doesn't want Madara involved in his plans of vengence, he thinks he can take down the whole ninja world singlehandedly. Look how long he waited to even take Itachi's eyes. Madara knows Sasuke feels no obligation, much less loyalty to him. Madara was able to say the right words to turn Sasuke into a weapon that is of use to him, but it will take very little for Sasuke to turn on Madara- Madara even says so to Zetsu.

Sasuke is a go it alone type but he is the type to use others in order to achieve his goals. Madara is no exception. The triad of Sasuke, Madara and Kabuto is one big powder keg. The thought of Naruto becoming stronger sickens him, he could just as well charge off if Kisame allows the location to be revealed. Then again he could also wait it out, something is telling me Sasuke is coming back into chapters sooner rather then later. Blargh.

Edited by Insurrection, 20 August 2010 - 04:44 AM.

#40 ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuUzumaki

ShinkuSarutobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

i loved this chapter smile.gif
NaruSaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users