33 replies to this topic

#1 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'm not gonna make this a poll since there's so many moments.

For me it was Minato's statement of Sakura being like Kushina. Even if we were to ignore Kushina's last words, the evidence in that comparison alone pretty much confirms to me that this pairing is endgame. 

eh10ut.jpg

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

For me, chapter 3. Ever since Naruto introduced Sakura as" the girl he likes" and also when Sakura acted tsundere towards him. I kew those two are going to end up together.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Helena

Helena

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, drawing, video games...Uh, so many things...

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

To me it was Yamato's words and Kushina's last words. 

Everyone can see Sakura loves Naruto, she's the only who doesn't realize it (yet).

:nslove:

waozuf.jpg

Can't wait!

#4 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

For me, its the kushina foreshadow, I mean its literally saying Naruto will have a girlfriend at the end of the series.  And for the time, years before 631 came out, it was leaning on NS because of Kushinas backstory and similar interaction with minato like sakura did to naruto. Then 631 came and well, it was a foreshadow build we saw for a while.

Edited by Inferno180, 03 April 2014 - 04:48 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Yamato's words.

I even wrote a LAP about it.

#6 jacqueline

jacqueline

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Minato's words, Yamato's words and Sai's words (he encourages Sakura's confession).

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Jiraiya's last words was kind of a turning point for me. Before that, I never thought parallels were relevant to the romance plot. Surpassing the old generation in love seemed a bit corny to me. But he literally told Naruto to get the girl because he couldn't. It was the last drop for me. I already suspected Sakura had feelings for Naruto, and was certain Naruto was in love with her. But that didn't mean they'll be confirmed as endgame. That's where parallels, thirdparties, and other outside sources come in. They point at the right direction.

Then not long after that, she hugged him. I was right!

Edited by sushi., 03 April 2014 - 09:17 PM.

ナルサク

#8 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Even if kishi were to skip the possibility of a NS scene with naruto recovering, the thing that peaked my curisoity is how sakura regarding naruto will be after his near death event and the memories of him wanting to be hokage. I mean her saying how close he was and vowing to keep him alive was definitely a powerful moment in terms of how far she has come.

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

The bell test...

All my doubts though were vanquished on CPR scene.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Great thread, Pepsi. Now the obvious answer would be Yamato's words. This scene can really go only one way when it comes to interpretations. Yamato points out the strength of Sakura's feelings for Naruto, why is that?

b9b51b44-5712-4557-9000-1ec86b7975b8_zps

Is he trying to make her aware of her feelings for Naruto as a friend are strong? Sure, he could be going that route. But then there's a scene that follows this.

5208b600-8540-48f7-8521-7512cf9dd93a_zps

Why would Kishi do a closeup of Sakura's expression? Why draw it as though not even Sakura knows where Yamato is going with his assessment of her strong feelings for Naruto?

But the big question is, if Kishi intended that scene to be platonic, why feel the need to cut Yamato off before he finishes what he has to say?

0978aa9a-2e24-4a52-970e-e951d220d2a2_zps

f2865793-c7ce-48b7-bed6-3398bb607851_zps

Not only is the answer obvious, but it's so blatantly cliche you'd think Kishi was drunk when he made this. No doubt about it, this scene is definitely going to be revisited. There's no way in hell you give us such a tease and not follow up on it. This is our trump card and NH/SS fans can never take this away from us, no matter how hard they try to debunk this scene.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#11 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

For me, it was definitely the Yamato scene and the unfinished sentence. Ever since then, I've really believed Sakura was on her way to falling in love with Naruto and that they were definitely endgame. Everything in that scene, from Sakura putting herself down to not doing 'enough' for Naruto to Yamato's dramatic reaction made it clear IMO.

631 and Minato comparing Kushina to Sakura was another big obvious slap in the face for me.  It was unnecessary, it didn't need to happen at all, but yet it did and directly paralleled itself to Kushina's "Find a girl like me" scene.

Hints, people, hints!

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 04 April 2014 - 12:56 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#12 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

To me it was during Pein attack when Sakura pledges Naruto to come back, and he's literally came back in the next panel. Sort of like he's the answer to Sakura's hope. After that, I have many doubts, but 631 concludes it as the biggest hint for me. Why? Because it happens after 540 and 615. If Kishi intended to make other pairings aside from NS canon, he would never do 631 and 663...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#13 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Tough Question..... For act 1, the search for Sasuke Story arch. act 2.... I got to say the CPR panel. the other NS moments are REALY strong don't get me wrong. But these ones just stand out of the crowd.

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#14 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

I guess the Rescue Gaara arc is one if not the most heavily NS-induced part of the manga.

From Naruto admiring Sakura's coolness as she heal Kankuro to Sakura running towards a 4tailed Naruto and saying she'll save Sasuke for him etc. and of course the Yamato scene.

but i would just like to add Sai's flashback.

Sai asked Naruto DIRECTLY if he likes Sakura.

Then Naruto goes: "How can I? I couldn't even keep my promise to her"

The reply solidified the depth of Naruto's feelings (not that it wasn't clear and known before, hello? Promise of a lifetime anyone?)

and it also fueled the wheels of that relationship. It means there is something stored for the two on that romance aspect in the future.

The scene positioned the pair to a development in the future, whether it is for NS to end up being together or not.

Nevertheless, it was a huge hint for me that its something to be resolved in the future.

Anyway, all the talk about the Yamato scene makes me feel that Obito might do a Yamato in the future before Naruto fully wakes up.. i dunno..

Edited by dejavu, 05 April 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#15 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

I literally find the whole aspect of people just dismissing NS completely as the funniest thing though, I mean look at the fandom preference in the west to what the manga displayed

NS is the least liked out of the big 3 or dismissed the most yet it has the most evidence

NH is stuck in the middle

SS is the most popular yet its practically non-existant or just antagoinistic.

Its just with all the stuff we have seen in the manga, the stuff like yamatos words, sai's words, the hug, etc anything thats come up for them its amazing how people just keep thinking it was only something to be dismissed because of the fake confession.

I mean if Kishi was serious, he could have built NH right after that but instead naruto goes to the island turtle and no NS, NH, or SS moments came in for a while. It was just unknown what NS was for the time while NH and SS were just left unmentioned or unresolved. Then enough time passed, we got our answer with 631 despite the assumption that 615 settled everything when there was still a lot left to address. But in this time, kishi could have done more with naruto and hinata if he wanted, he could have. An author always has millions of ways to bring something forward even in the shortest of ways. I mean he had the choice and perfect reasoning to either put the kushina stuff on hinata in 631 or leave it for later, he could have had hinata get to the cloud but he didnt. Now people are going on saying perhaps Hinata met kagyua despite kaguya being a horrid person who robbed people of their freewill. Its just, at this point the harder thing to imagine is why the heck would kishi put all these things in just to make NH or SS at this point if he was serious about them, he should have done what he did to NH and SS like NS, if he treated them the same, then they would have more merit but as NH is just unresolved and SS is antagonistic, well, its either use NS or leave things open ended if he really wanted to statisfy everyone no matter how pointless an open ended deal would be.

#16 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

It depends on what you mean with "the biggest hint".

- If you are asking about the first time I thought it was obviously the official couple, it was in chapter 3: Naruto introduces a new girl saying he likes her; that girl starts screaming him when she sees him; later she decides trying to treat him better.

- If you are asking obvious hints in general:

- Naruto goes to fight Zabuza. Sakura blushes and thinks "What is this I am feeling? Since when Naruto...?"

- After a mission Sakura is the one is carrying a limping Naruto. Later Konohamaru asks if she is her girlfriend

- Sakura ready to give up in the written test

- Iruka telling Naruto and Sakura are like heaven and earth, two halves of an everything

- Naruto atop of Gamabunta vows protecting Sakura... at all costs! (and Gamakichi tells his father Sakura is his Naruto's girlfriend)

- Naruto returns with Jiraiya and Sakura blushes wondering how much he has matured. Then he acts pervert, she hits him and yells he has stirred feelings inside her for nothing.

- After hearing what happens to the jinchuuriki, Sakura attempts teeling Naruto she is crying over him.

- Sakura sees Naruto turned into four-tailed fox and then she clutches her heart like if in pain, muttering "Naruto..."

- Yamato's words: "Sakura, in reality you..."

- Shortly after that scene, Sakura wants giving up the hunt for Sasuke for the sake of Naruto

- The feeding scene

- Sakura healing Naruto's arm and he telling he loves being healed by her (she blushed? I do not remember).

- Pain obliterates Konoha and Sakura pleads Naruto returns

- The hug scene

- Sai's words to Naruto and later to Sakura

- "Naruto, is that your girlfriend?" "Well, sorts of..." "Take care of my son."

Those are the biggest I can think of.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#17 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

You know what else I think is a hint that's SOOOO underrated? 

The Chunin Exams, First test.

Think about it.

Sakura, at the point in time, was still obsessive over Sasuke.

Then, she looked at the exam papers and saw how ridiculously hard they were. Guess what her next thought was? Sasuke? Nope. Her failing? Not at all.

She was concerned with Naruto, and NARUTO only. She then remembered his dream to be Hokage. She then started to raise her hand to forfeit so she wouldn't see it crushed.

Let me repeat this:

DESPITE KNOWING FULL WELL THAT SASUKE WOULD LIKELY DESPISE HER, Sakura instead chose of her OWN FREE WILL to support Naruto's dream to be Hokage. 

In a sense, you could say that Sakura, was, quite literally, Naruto's FIRST true supporter of his dream. Sure you can argue it was Iruka, but I doubt he genuinely believed Naruto would achieve the title, just that he'd be a great ninja in trying to accomplish it. 

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

Chapter 3

#19 foreheadlove97

foreheadlove97

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

To me the most obvious narusaku moment is at the beginning of the timeskip when Sakura blushes at Naruto. It's obvious that she's attracted to him, even if she ends up punching him out for being immature a few seconds later. Yeah people can say that many of the characters blush for no reason in the manga, but IN CONTEXT she saw him in a romantic light. I have yet to hear a good counter against that moment.

#20 Shintaro

Shintaro

Chūnin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku. It's the only interest that matters, right?

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ah... now this is a tough one. Anyone can have their own biggest "NS Hint".

Let's see... I would have to probably say, like along with a lot of people here, Yamato's words.

At that point, it was obvious Sakura had some type of feelings for Naruto. 

If Yamato could see it, then it was obviously something. However, a lot of the NS moments get interrupted,

just like that one did. 

I also like Sai's flashback, like dejavu stated. Since it did prove he still likes her. But that's all I got...

9aeeaa70bef1224593b74b15b5dc299e5668ee6d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users