• Please log in to reply
31579 replies to this topic

#25721 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

I heard Kishi will attend the 2018 Jump Festa with perhaps another interview? Is it been confirmed or just rumor?

Is so then, how much you want to bet the interviewers will still continue the cycle of asking Kishi why NS never happened and when NH was planned all over again  :lmao:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#25722 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

I'm waiting for him to get booed off the stage :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25723 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm curious to see if he'll provide some kind of an update about that sci-fi manga he had planned. Not necessarily because I'm looking forward to it but I am interested to see if the fans over there are receptive to it.

#25724 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

I heard Kishi will attend the 2018 Jump Festa with perhaps another interview? Is it been confirmed or just rumor?

Is so then, how much you want to bet the interviewers will still continue the cycle of asking Kishi why NS never happened and when NH was planned all over again  :lmao:

That wouldn't really surprise me honestly if anything like that happens again... from what I noticed he tries to find a different reason to justify NH.  Remember the first jump festa interview he gave was that he thought about NaruSaku, but he felt sorry for Hinata which is ultimately why it happened. This year it was  that NaruSaku was never planned.. that's a contridiction right there...  I'll bet you between now and the next seven years  that Kishi is gonna is gonna reveal the truth and admit that NaruSaku was actually planned. 

What my late grandfather use to say, "There is a time and place for everything." 

I'm curious to see if he'll provide some kind of an update about that sci-fi manga he had planned. Not necessarily because I'm looking forward to it but I am interested to see if the fans over there are receptive to it.

It is about to be four years since Naruto ended something about that should be coming up considering how long it's been. I'll say either two things either we get a date on when it comes out, or some kind of first look of how things look. That's what I think. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#25725 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

I think a factor with Kishi's new manga is whether or not they believe there will be a demand for it. It's not like he's a virgin writer here, he has experience under his belt and more importantly a reputation. Naruto is going to play a big role in getting him more work. When you consider the backlash the ending has received, how he approved of a movie that had people walking out of the theater saying Naruto is a scumbag, how his stories regarding more controversial decisions keep changing, it's going to be hard for him to walk it off.

I just want to say something, I find the pro-enders to be the most sensitive about the ending. Not the people upset over how it turned out, the people who tell others to kill themselves because they dared criticize the end of a 15 year long journey. Accusing anti-ending fans of not being Naruto fans, occasionally haters. There is no statute of limitations when it comes to discussing any form of media (after all, we still discuss the likes of Shakespeare and beyond that), so it doesn't matter how long afterwards these criticisms come. We are still entitled to speak our mind over the story's various shortcomings, they cannot shut us up.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#25726 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:03 AM

I have time, so let me instruct you a little here, since you choose not to get detailed, by breaking down my own stuff.

Chapter 3 setting up the foundation for Team 7 cannot be a lie, else, Sasuke and Sakura would not be in chapter 3, as we are being introduced to these characters. To be introduced to characters to a reader that are a part of a team with the main character, is to set up a foundation. This is a narrative fact. 

The scene is not important and should not be counted as SS Development is subjective. This is reasoned because the aspect of individual development is that Sakura is told off by Sasuke here. There isn't a remarkable shift in their bond at this point. we are pretty much merely introducing what the bond is. This cannot be a lie, because it is opinion. 

Saying the Bench scene is over glorified and does not deserve a revisit is also subjective. It is delivered as an opinion. It cannot be a lie unless I do not believe in it. To its benefit, there is not any evidence that Sasuke or Sakura have ever thought of this scene again, that is fact, and this supports the opinion that they would not talk about it.. This does not mean it cannot be revisited, but considering what the narrative plan is, the story does not earn anything by doing so.

It is true though, that Kishimoto chose not to revisit it, the manga shows that it was never shown again. 

The conclusion is that you do not know what a lie is, or mis-use it, because nothing in my statement can be a lie, by its connotative definition. It is either fact or opinion. if you are going to call out something as a lie, then you should show evidence.

Well, balls. Was gonna insert-snarky-witty-better-thought-out-response, but I guess it’s a bit pointless now, ISN’T THAT RIGHT, DEROCK?!?

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#25727 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

Well, why not? Wouldn't it be a great character development if he managed to become patient with techniques. And even so, he has the clones doesn't he? If he can learn to use his elemental attacks in less time by using clones then this kind of defeats the purpose of patients. What takes someone else years takes him days. Naurto may be impatient, but he is always up for a good challenge and since he would have a never give up attitude...well....patience is just a word now.

Just keep enticing him:

"Oh well, I guess Naruto is weak since he can't do this"

Naruto: "Says you, I bet you I can learn this technique in a week or less"

Me: "Okay, I'll take that bet. If you managed to learn and use the technique in less than a week. I'll buy you ramen. All you can eat."

Naruto: "Now THAT is a challenge. I am gonna win this one."

Boom, Naruto's learns it.....uses it in his arsenal. End of story.

Well, why not? Wouldn't it be a great character development if he managed to become patient with techniques. And even so, he has the clones doesn't he? If he can learn to use his elemental attacks in less time by using clones then this kind of defeats the purpose of patients. What takes someone else years takes him days. Naurto may be impatient, but he is always up for a good challenge and since he would have a never give up attitude...well....patience is just a word now.

Just keep enticing him:

"Oh well, I guess Naruto is weak since he can't do this"

Naruto: "Says you, I bet you I can learn this technique in a week or less"

Me: "Okay, I'll take that bet. If you managed to learn and use the technique in less than a week. I'll buy you ramen. All you can eat."

Naruto: "Now THAT is a challenge. I am gonna win this one."

Boom, Naruto's learns it.....uses it in his arsenal. End of story.

Amen to that.  After Kakashi explained the cognitive advantage of Shadow Clones, there was no longer any excuse why Naruto couldn't learn more complex jutsus or at least come up with stopgap measures to learn those jutsu (much like how he was able to create his own version of the Rasengan with his clones before he was able to perform it as intended). 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#25728 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

Well, balls. Was gonna insert-snarky-witty-better-thought-out-response, but I guess it’s a bit pointless now, ISN’T THAT RIGHT, DEROCK?!?

I have nothing to say in the matter. :sweat:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25729 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Guys, c'mon, there's no need to fight! XD

#25730 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

Guys, c'mon, there's no need to fight! XD

No fight, just love.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25731 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

That wouldn't really surprise me honestly if anything like that happens again... from what I noticed he tries to find a different reason to justify NH.  Remember the first jump festa interview he gave was that he thought about NaruSaku, but he felt sorry for Hinata which is ultimately why it happened. This year it was  that NaruSaku was never planned.. that's a contridiction right there...  I'll bet you between now and the next seven years  that Kishi is gonna is gonna reveal the truth and admit that NaruSaku was actually planned. 

And it was surprising that some of the former neutrals and some pro enders at last years Jump Vesta even stated that they should have went with NS if they are treated NH and the endgame pairings like kitten. Kishi stated that he never had time to a love triangle between Naruto, Sakura and Hinata.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#25732 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

You're blaming Derock, our saviour, for banning a troll that that you have a sort of  love-hate hate-hate relationship with? :zaru: yeah makes perfect sense!! :excited:  :roll:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 December 2017 - 10:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25733 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

And it was surprising that some of the former neutrals and some pro enders at last years Jump Vesta even stated that they should have went with NS if they are treated NH and the endgame pairings like kitten. Kishi stated that he never had time to a love triangle between Naruto, Sakura and Hinata.

I"m almost looking forward to someone asking him about it again just to see what he comes up with this year. His reasons have changed every year, every interview, every panel, every Q&A.

Edited by RidiculouslyBored, 11 December 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#25734 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, he forgets what he said before. Making stuff up is much harder than telling the truth. You have to remember multiple versions of events, the truth and whatever versions of it you have manufactured.

#25735 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

No fight, just love.

All the world needs is LOVE AND PEACE!!!!!!!

#25736 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:42 AM

The Japanese fanbase isn't the American nH/SS fanbase; who only cared about them ending up together in order to prove they were right then were somewhat content with just fantasizing about the sex. They wanted was a nice romance if anything come out of it. Instead they got: The last, the ending, The gaiden, and Boruto and much more that put the end pairing in a negative light. So if their pairing if it happened was going to be this miserable, why even let it happen?

Yeah, he forgets what he said before. Making stuff up is much harder than telling the truth. You have to remember multiple versions of events, the truth and whatever versions of it you have manufactured.

The thing is at the start they didn't have the narrative down yet. Partially because they didn't think they needed one; since Hinata is suppose to be so loved and popular. So the narrative at the start was nH was decided at X time, but he still let it slip through that nH happened because Hinata was believe to be more popular then Sakura. Problem is that once the backlash started trying to say nH was planned all along and wasn't just because of trying to get the maximum profit out of the ending is contradicted by the earlier interviews. As well as Kishimoto when even said something because he has grown to hated the pairings because of the problems they have caused for him, or he just made more slips.

#25737 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

All the world needs is LOVE AND PEACE!!!!!!!

Not even justice, I want to get truth.

Wait, wrong series.

The Japanese fanbase isn't the American nH/SS fanbase; who only cared about them ending up together in order to prove they were right then were somewhat content with just fantasizing about the sex. They wanted was a nice romance if anything come out of it. Instead they got: The last, the ending, The gaiden, and Boruto and much more that put the end pairing in a negative light. So if their pairing if it happened was going to be this miserable, why even let it happen?

It's really the damnest thing. The Japanese fanbase are well aware of the changes made to Naruto's character, the dumbass they've followed for 15 years, due to NaruHina. It's why we've seen SP start trying to change the dynamics of the Uzumaki household from what was originally depicted, they're trying to do damage control since they've turned their old cash cow into a horrible parent. But the American NH fanbase is so blinded by their own desires they don't see the situation for what it really is.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#25738 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

The Japanese fanbase isn't the American nH/SS fanbase; who only cared about them ending up together in order to prove they were right then were somewhat content with just fantasizing about the sex. 

Yeah, because they themselves want to have sex with Hinata. That is the difference. How many NS fans want to kitten Sakura? Probably not that many.

#25739 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

That is true to an extent. Besides look at it this way. Naruto had a huge Western following. Most western fans were (let's estimate) between 12-23 years old ( of which -not all- are very attracted to shy/busty anime characters). And majority of fans only follow/followed the anime and paid no heed to manga alterations.

Now lets look at the situation: We have Hinata, this busty long haired girl who is shy and always faints before Naruto and is always super nice to him. Don't forget the melons.

On the other hand: We have Sakura, quote "flat" (as they call her), who is always portrayed as a jerk to Naruto and the anime has her punching him to orbit like it's an arcade game like 5x more than the manga.

So logically, most fans began liking Hinata and hating Sakura. Kishimoto took notice of this through letters as he stated in interviews, and began focusing on Hinata more, and shoving Sakura to the side as much as he could. In the start of Shippuden, Kishimoto was making a strong push with Naruto and Sakura which he ultimately shies away from around the time Immortals arc starts when she disappears and the only panel we get is the one where she's in her room crying over the photo frame. 

Since Sakura had less and less screentime and was becoming even more distant to Naruto, Hinata was gaining even MORE support. That coupled with her unending addiction to to Sasuke, only adds to the hate meters.

****Big fact: Sakura also never wears her original Kunoichi uniform from early shippuden again, nor does she ever get a big fight/ action sequence again. She's usually portrayed in her village clothes appearing now and then in single panels. Which is a shame because she was the quickest learner, originally proclaimed to be proficient in Genjutsu, she had superior physical strength and on top of that she had incredible healing potential with the Byakugo seal. (Seriously what a waste of a character, Kishimoto)

Now fast forward a bit. During the 4th war garbo arc, Kishi puts all this focus on Sakura. He throws in her comparison to Kushina, she gets numerous panels with Naruto when he's dying and her immense concern on his dreams and hopes. That kinda had me thinking on why he'd go through all that trouble instead of throwing more NH scenes in there to better support the end pairing.

Then I found that interview where Kishimoto stated he spent a large amount of time redrawing & redesigning Sakura, trying to make her look "prettier" and changing her character to be more caring (as is seen in the last 40-50 chapters), in an attempt to alleviate some of the hate off her. But by that point it's too late. You've got over a decade of fans cemented, so it was still strange for him to put effort into something like that. And frankly, if he really planned NH or SS from the beginning, he basically was a master troll for 15 years and 698 chapters. So he really fooled me.

Well, whatever you get my long, rambly point.  :ermm:

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25740 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

Not developing NH more was incredibly dumb. There are like 3 NH scenes during war arc. A Naruto clone shows up to help Hinata, Hinata creams her pants from the feeling of Naruto's hand over her cousin's corpse, and Naruto irrationally tries to save Hinata from the IT. This is compared to Sakura meeting Naruto's father, Sakura pondering the selfless heroism of Naruto while wishing he would focus on himself, and the CPR scene. And of couse it was NS only before that. Why would you develop NS but do NH? It's literally the worst of both worlds.

Edited by DrK, 12 December 2017 - 08:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users