3333 replies to this topic

#1601 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

....That's Cups isn't it or one of his clone brothers? ...Remember Orochimaru experimented on him to make someone that could use the sage mode and natural chakra without any issues. Then make his sole reason to exist to kiss Boruto's ass. Read his one shot if you don't believe me.

Of course! The only things they ever cared about was the power and sex fantasies! The story never meant anything to them beyond that. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#1602 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

The episode was great the pacing was excellent, animation was prime, and the dialogue was very good. Boruto just needs consistency because when it’s good it’s very good. Hopefully this new year will usher in some consistency for the series. I am happy with the trajectory it’s going in though.  but if I remember correctly log was smoking in the manga why show him holding a light and not smoking I mean you show us blood and not smoke?  Granted they probaly don't want to promote smoking yet they showed the third hokage smoking a pipe in the original series.

What sex fantasies are you talking about? I don't understand.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 27 December 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

#1603 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

....That's Cups isn't it or one of his clone brothers? ...Remember Orochimaru experimented on him to make someone that could use the sage mode and natural chakra without any issues. Then make his sole reason to exist to kiss Boruto's ass. Read his one shot if you don't believe me.

Of course! The only things they ever cared about was the power and sex fantasies! The story never meant anything to them beyond that. 

My problem is the fairness , naruto sage mode only change his eye and but this fodder kid get complete make over , it's like they give naruto a bicycle and give this kid a lamborgini. Maybe i'm salty and i don't blame if other said i'm salty , i myself don't think so. The old gen get their power through training and mostly explain how. But these kid pop they power like big bargain sale. The other reason is the logic , how sage mode work , the toad geezer said everything about sage mode is about balance , ninjutsu chakra and sage mode chakra have to be balance. If they are not it could be trouble , too little sage chakra can't form sage mode , too much sage chakra it could overwhelm the nin chakra (like leukemia) and cause complete petrified. Look at Jiraya he slightly turn into a toad. But this kid ... no matter how you look at it , his sage chakra completely overtake him , he should turn to statue and (i didn't watch how he turn into a sage so correct me if i'm worng) he gather that much sage chakra while still moving , i mean one must not move / stay still for quite some times to gather sage chakra .... Unless they want to say that snake sage mode work differently against toad sage mode , or maybe they just gonna be like "Nah , F-it ... as long as it looks cool , who cares about the detail?? who cares how it works??"

Edit : Maybe i should say something about Kabuto , he use sage mode during his fight against Itachi and Sasuke , but we all agree war arc is kitten so i don't think that one matter.

Edited by Yyubie, 27 December 2017 - 06:56 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1604 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

My problem is the fairness , naruto sage mode only change his eye and but this fodder kid get complete make over

Wasn't the fact that only Naruto's eyes changed supposed to show how well suited to it he was?

#1605 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

The fact that it only affected Naruto's eye showed that he had mastered sage mode. So Cups may look "cooler" but that means he hasn't mastered it same as what happened with Kabuto from what I recall.

They turn into statues is only if the user is completely overwhelmed by the natural chakra. Jiraiya turned more toad-like and needed the help of the two old toad to activate & control the form safely in battle. Kabuto needed that umbilical snake he had. Cups is suppose to naturally be able to both active it and control it. In theory he is in Konoha to become a real boy by hanging out with Bolt, and somehow that will allow him to master the sage mode. In practice he is the new Sai; who exist just to kiss Bolt's ass.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 07:50 PM.

#1606 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

His dream which he outright states in chapter 10 is to takeover Sasuke's role as the Supporting Shadow and support Salad when she become hokage. So if Bolt's dream is just to become her top "hitman"; it's kind of important we know what she will do as hokage.

This is another thing where Boruto goes against the spirit of the original manga. Well, most of it until the infamous final chapters. It was a reoccurring thing that the ninja system dehumanizes the people, instead turning them into weapons. It's why we get stuff like Itachi murdering his entire clan for the safety of Konoha, Gaara being born prematurely at the cost of his mother's life so they can seal the one tail into him, Zabuza having to kill his entire class in order to become a ninja... You get the point. It was always shown as a bad thing and one of Naruto's stated goals was to fix the system.

Except Naruto never does. Hell, Sasuke has spent years away from his family being nothing more than Naruto's secret weapon, doing dirty jobs Konoha cannot officially be linked to. We still see Konoha training children to be soldiers, and now the gadgets the movie once decried as cheating (never mind Naruto's Chunin exam featured a test based around cheating and not being caught) are being introduced as the newest stuff for our heroes to use. We have Naruto's son wanting nothing more for himself than to be a weapon for Sarada, with his whole arc being about learning to respect his father's ways and protecting Konoha.

Naruto became part of the problem, not the solution.

I've actually seen an anime where it's protagonist dedicated himself to being his friend's weapon. It did not end well for either of them, as they ended up being in a self-destructive codependent relationship.

Edited by RulesofNature, 27 December 2017 - 09:05 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#1607 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Serious question. Do you guys dislike Boruto because it "sucks" or just because NaruSaku didn't happen?  I do wish NaruSaku could still happen but i have also accepted the fact that we have Brouto and Sarada now which allows me to "enjoy" Brouto without the fact that NaruSaku didn't happen hampering me from watching/reading it.

Do people like Boruto because it is actually good or because NaruHina and SasuSaku became canon?

I mean, here is the problem with Boruto. It started out with NaruSaku not being canon, but this caused us to not be bothered with the Boruto series to begin with. What's the point? The plot is over. why have the second generation at all? Maybe I want to see Minato's life and how he grew up. I would love to see how he got to learn different things, how the love between Kushina and him blossomed, and possible see Kushina being cute with the Tsundere tendecies with "What I am not blushing because of him....idiots." Maybe even get made and have Minato being comedic.

But then if we did give Boruto a chance...we realize that there is more wrong with it than we realize.
1. It is VERY predictable in terms of plot. You can see almost every plot device and outcome coming a mile away. If there is any plot point that is original like say parental issues or things that might have been interesting to see....well, they never follow through with them. What was the point of Naruto Gaiden? "Because we have to show the love in the SS family," but why? It only further showed how Sasuke is a bad father and how Salad might not even be Sakura's kid. Why not make Salad Karin's kid then? Throw a twist. Oh, but we can't insult the pairing fans because we can't have Sasuke and Sakura just seperate because of how miserable they are...that is unthinkable. Why not have NH and SS get divorced and go their own ways? You don't see that in any other story. Wouldn't that make an interesting plot point where the the supposed fairy tale ending isn't?

2. The asspulls are even more ridiculous in Boruto than they were in Naruto now. Lightsabers? Boruto's unlockable brand new Byakugan? Salad may even get a new power of out nowhere. Just...bad writing...bad writing...bad writing.

3. The outfits. Some of the outfits are not suitable for being ninjas. Remember when these guys were ninjas? No? I guess not. It used to base it all on stealth, espionage, and more. Now it looks like they are all about to go to the club and listen to dubstep. Boruto: "Yo, pops, your ways are so old." Hell, this was some of the dialogue in chapter 700.

4. The powers and the straying away from the point. Oh my god, the powers....You see a ninja actually be a ninja to use stealth and the like that is until we got to DBZ territory type powers. Now all of a sudden people are calling down moons and making chakra guns and Naruto is now apparently a  planet buster because "reaosns." People accused Bleach of being this "powers out of nowhere," but at least they kept it to sword fighting and spiritual essence. It kept it in the loop. They didn't just have Ichigo go "Alright, well, I am abandoning my Zanpakuto and now have a Zanpakminigun that will fire kitten all over the place and give spiritual bullet holes. A MINI GUN IN THE NARUTO UNIVERSE THAT WAS MEANT TO BE ABOUT NINJAS.

5. Plot points that make you question about the original series. Like, where the hell was the Ootsuki clan when Kaguya came back? Now all of a sudden they are popping up out of nowhere for no reason just because they need villains.There are so many.

6. The retcons and obvious ignorance of previous events just to make something happen. Every single time a question comes up about Naruto compared to Boruto...Boruto has to make some kind of new retcon to say that "Oh well, something like this always existed....we just never focused about it during that time before." Like the flip flopping of Naruto's and Sakura's relationships where they can't make up there mind on hoiw close they were to each other or if Naruto ever cared about her or not. We also have Naruto and Hinata's estranged relationship is.....so many gaps. "We'll explain later" attitude that when they finally do get to that point...the explanation doesn't make sense.

7. Jumping the sharks. This series is one big shark jump after Naruto fought another guy on the moon. Ninjas in Space. This series likes to jump sharks while riding on a shark so it can jump sharks while it is jumping a shark.

Essentially all the problems we had in the end of Naruto are going full throttle in Boruto. Villains and heroes doing things that just don't see legit. Like "why would this character do this...when they could have done this and saved themselves some time." There are so many to list, but people get the idea.

You mentioned this:
"Boruto just needs consistency because when it’s good it’s very good."

Like what? Give me an example of good consistency in this manga. The only thing consistent is "Naruto and Hinata are married." . That is practically it. Not even the characters themselves are consistent with Hinata changing attitudes everytime she is on screen. Everything else is damage control and isn't that the problem in the first place? The series has no consistency that actually make it interesting. Any plot at all are either really cliche or downright stupid.

One point we got is "Boruto is a Mary Sue" because he is all of a sudden Super powerful, a super genius, and popular. A far cry from when Naruto originally started. Is this the same people that say that Superman is boring because he is too op? So why is Boruto all of a sudden a "good character" when he never struggles or needs to train?

During this entire thread and other threads we keep pointing out all the problems, all the inconsistencies, and the like. We analyze all this stuff and we say this is garbage with reason. (Again, NINJA'S WITH MINIGUNS. WHY? Why does a ninja need a minigun?) Now, I can understand people who are NOT ninjas using means to combat ninjas like how Ninja Gaiden plays it, but they use the ninja clans as a means of being traditional. In Ninja Gaiden, they show how technology is being used to even playing fields, but Ryu is a badass when he can turn technology into cheap parlor tricks. That real talent is in the values and skills and not just weilding a hunk of metal.

Boruto doesn't do that. Boruto doesn't even try to break that down. You pick one thing which was Salad's outfit and pratically ignored all the other threads. Go back and read some of the Boruto chapter threads and you will see the problems we have on every chapter. Yeah, we rag on the pairings because...well because they wanted us to. Naruto the Last forced us to focus on a pairing that nobody wanted save for a good chunk of the American fanbase and then tell us that "we need to stop focusing on pairings." Why? Isn't that what the story of Naruto is now? Isn't that what Kishimoto said? "Naruto is the story of how Naruto and Hinata got together because Hinata is the heroine." That is what we were told when we questioned about so many other things. Now we are looking at the shallow nature of this series and you want to know if we won't give Boruto a chance because NaruSaku didn't become canon?

Yes, that is exactly right. It is not about the plot holes or the Ninjas with Miniguns and lightsbaers or Naruto being a horrible and corrupt leader because he let a child pedophile and mad scientist that used children like a science project because "He told us some information" or any of the other stupid plot based arguments we gave. It is all because we are salty that NaruSaku didn't become canon.

The episode was great the pacing was excellent, animation was prime, and the dialogue was very good. Boruto just needs consistency because when it’s good it’s very good. Hopefully this new year will usher in some consistency for the series. I am happy with the trajectory it’s going in though.  but if I remember correctly log was smoking in the manga why show him holding a light and not smoking I mean you show us blood and not smoke?  Granted they probaly don't want to promote smoking yet they showed the third hokage smoking a pipe in the original series.

What sex fantasies are you talking about? I don't understand.

So did Bleach, but people stopped caring about that one too. I even started rewatching Bleach. (I heard a rumor Bleach is coming back in 2018.) So why should I give Boruto a chance? Just because it has prime animation? So what? How many anime had great animation, excellent pacing, and amazing dialouge only to be ignored or pushed to the floor not getting say a second or third season because it wasn't popular enough or because....no reason why really. Boruto can be made and funded off the cuff of their sleeve, but far better anime that has everything including an amazing story to go with it with continuity and depth...and they don't get very far.

I wonder how much could be made if they stop putting money in Naruto and put more money into far better anime series like One Punch Man, Overlord, Boku no Hero Academia.

You want fight scenes? Here:
Saitama vs Boros

All-Might vs Noumu

Ainz Ooan Gown vs Shadowtear Bloodfallen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02pmPMCWHGo

You want great characters with amazing disalogue?

Here is Claymore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adcWUBzrb6A

Here is Grimgar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfwpl7HOkE

You want amazing comedy with animetion that is out of this world?

here is Punchline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCXy2B9-_I

Space Dandy: (He is a dandy kind of guy....in space.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhUef0sP0BQ

Heck, I am even willing to check out Black Clover even though it is by Studio Pierot even if a part of me doesn't want to support the studio anymore. I know some good artist work there, but the studio leaders are just...disgusting and pathetic. Especially with the direction of "let's keep focusing on Hinata even if the manga doesn't show her as being important." These literally forced fed a character that had nothing to do with the plot because "It was their favorite" and caused the entire story to be thrown down the drain. They brainwashed so many for a character that meant nothing for 90% of the manga and threw the other much more important and better characters under the bus because they weren't the favorite.

How many seasons is Black Clover going to get before they drop it I wonder?

Here is a problem I find though.....Most AMAZING anime I have ever scene usually can have their story concluded within one or two seasons. They can't be milked to death like Naruto is right now with trying to use every nonsense thing in the book to keep people interested. I am surprised they haven't included a card game in the Boruto series just to add more flair and more merch.

That's the idea in the end. What anime can the company's abuse to gain more revenue. Naruto is a cheap thril ride easy to make cheap gimmicks for. Admittedly, it could have been great. It could have had more to it, but now...they jsut do things JUST to do things.

Bold: Kakuzu can rips people's hearts out, but Graves can't have his cigar.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 December 2017 - 10:29 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1608 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

Not to detract but some of those anime you listed are getting second if not third seasons: Overlord, One Punch Man, My Hero Academy. 

From what I recall isn't Black Clover currently set for 52 episodes? So as long as all those episodes air then it wasn't cancelled. But we have to see later on if they continue it.

#1609 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

Not to detract but some of those anime you listed are getting second if not third seasons: Overlord, One Punch Man, My Hero Academy. 

From what I recall isn't Black Clover currently set for 52 episodes? So as long as all those episodes air then it wasn't cancelled. But we have to see later on if they continue it.

That mean black cover is a long running anime. Anime only have two season because that's the limit of seasonal anime unless they're super popular.

Next gen anime/manga usually have more power or stronger than the previous gen. It's not only exclusive to naruto/burito. Almost all next gen in other anime will do that. But the different would be it is still believeable even with in universe story.

I think the problem with burito is that he's more like narusasu child than nh child. I mean outside of the hairstyle and not byakugan what is Hinata gift to burito when he's pretty much 90% naruto.

Cups is like sai without the snark or social clueless. I mean not even orochimaru do that to jiraiya. When I think about it all sannin is treat as equal among each other.

Edited by rocci, 27 December 2017 - 11:17 PM.

#1610 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

...................*points down*

How many anime had great animation, excellent pacing, and amazing dialouge only to be ignored or pushed to the floor not getting say a second or third season because it wasn't popular enough or because....no reason why really.

Here is a problem I find though.....Most AMAZING anime I have ever seen usually can have their story concluded within one or two seasons. They can't be milked to death like Naruto is right now with trying to use every nonsense thing in the book to keep people interested. I am surprised they haven't included a card game in the Boruto series just to add more flair and more merch.

Can definitively say that Overlord, One Punch Man, and My Hero are going to get third seasons? Fourth seasons? Fifth?

We also have the fact that anime like Naruto and Bleach get bogged down with filler after filler after filler just so they can wait til more canon story gets made, but, this leads to massive jokes seeing how both got what seemed like endless thriller. Would people be willing to have Overlord, One Punch Man, and My Hero have fillers or would you think this would ruin the effect? Does this mean that Boruto is actually not a great anime and just a form of cheap story telling? I think so.

The point is, why do they keep throwing money at Boruto? What's the point of continuing to make it? You look at One Punch Man and people say "Well, if the anime is popular enough we will make a second season." Okay, but why such a teeth pulling? It was pretty obvious from the start that it is massively popular. Why does Boruto get such easy access to money?

Crowd: "Can we have more One Punch Man? We LOVE that show"
Execs: "Hmm...maybe, we will think about."
Crowd: "Can you not make more Naruto? We are sick of it."
Execs: "You want another Boruto movie with a new anime series? Well the crowd has spoken."

Maybe if they spent more time pushing higher quality of stories, then kitten stories like Boruto wouldn't exist or get as much promotion.

Black Clover is "slated" for 52 episodes, but at this point I don't know. Love Hina was sceduled to have a second season and got cancelled after like 3-4 episodes which they combined into OVAs. Bleach got cancelled in middle of the seasons due to filler hell.

We also got Claymore which I think deserves a second season.

I mean, the point is that anything Boruto could even offer there are tons more anime that do far better and are a better investment in money. Why continue to milk Boruto? Find something else to fund that could be better.

What about High School of the Dead? There was enough for one more season.
Spice and Wolf? Tokyo Ravens? Blue Exorcist?

You meant to tell that there is no other good story to put into an anime or get one to be dubbed? I really want to watch Niseikoi in english and see what happens. It also sucks when a good series's artist and writer dies.

Next gen anime/manga usually have more power or stronger than the previous gen. It's not only exclusive to naruto/burito. Almost all next gen in other anime will do that. But the different would be it is still believeable even with in universe story.

I would argue Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't do that. I did like Yu-Gi-Oh GX, but lost interest after a while.
Dragonball tried doing that and it failed with Gohan falling into obscurity.

Actually, I can't think of many anime where the next generation got their own series and were more powerful than their parents. More often than not, the anime ends with the parents having kids and boom end of series.

Supposedly Fairy Tale might get a "next gen," but these are only rumors.

Can anyone help me out here? Name an anime where the kids took over the role. So far, only Naruto has this idea where they have kids and the kids are stronger from what I can find and think of.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 December 2017 - 11:41 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1611 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

51, actually and that's about enough episodes to cover the content up until the current story arc.  SP obviously doesn't want to repeat the mistakes they made with Bleach and Naruto by saturating the series with heaps of filler. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1612 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

You should treat burito like dragon ball gt or super. Since it's not fair to compare it with seasonal anime. And I don't think overlord will ever get third season while bnha and opman migh get third season because of popularity.

Seasonal anime tend to have better quality than long runing anime at the expense of less episode (12/24).

#1613 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

@james
Gohan is more powerful than goten and trunk is much more gift than their parents. Anyways we know that gohan is chichi son because he has her shy attitude and powerful anger explosion unlike burito. But db story always goes back to goku.

Another example are

Shaman king flower : this is sequel of shaman king featuring mc son who is better than him.

Kenshin : it's not sequel his son is already better than Kenshin himself.

Bleach : his son is already a shinigami at the age when ichigo lose his mother. It's not sequel.

#1614 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

...................*points down*

Can definitively say that Overlord, One Punch Man, and My Hero are going to get third seasons? Fourth seasons? Fifth?

We also have the fact that anime like Naruto and Bleach get bogged down with filler after filler after filler just so they can wait til more canon story gets made, but, this leads to massive jokes seeing how both got what seemed like endless thriller. Would people be willing to have Overlord, One Punch Man, and My Hero have fillers or would you think this would ruin the effect? Does this mean that Boruto is actually not a great anime and just a form of cheap story telling? I think so.

The point is, why do they keep throwing money at Boruto? What's the point of continuing to make it? You look at One Punch Man and people say "Well, if the anime is popular enough we will make a second season." Okay, but why such a teeth pulling? It was pretty obvious from the start that it is massively popular. Why does Boruto get such easy access to money?

Crowd: "Can we have more One Punch Man? We LOVE that show"
Execs: "Hmm...maybe, we will think about."
Crowd: "Can you not make more Naruto? We are sick of it."
Execs: "You want another Boruto movie with a new anime series? Well the crowd has spoken."

Maybe if they spent more time pushing higher quality of stories, then kitten stories like Boruto wouldn't exist or get as much promotion.

Black Clover is "slated" for 52 episodes, but at this point I don't know. Love Hina was sceduled to have a second season and got cancelled after like 3-4 episodes which they combined into OVAs. Bleach got cancelled in middle of the seasons due to filler hell.

We also got Claymore which I think deserves a second season.

I mean, the point is that anything Boruto could even offer there are tons more anime that do far better and are a better investment in money. Why continue to milk Boruto? Find something else to fund that could be better.

What about High School of the Dead? There was enough for one more season.
Spice and Wolf? Tokyo Ravens? Blue Exorcist?

You meant to tell that there is no other good story to put into an anime or get one to be dubbed? I really want to watch Niseikoi in english and see what happens. It also sucks when a good series's artist and writer dies.

I would argue Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't do that. I did like Yu-Gi-Oh GX, but lost interest after a while.
Dragonball tried doing that and it failed with Gohan falling into obscurity.

Actually, I can't think of many anime where the next generation got their own series and were more powerful than their parents. More often than not, the anime ends with the parents having kids and boom end of series.

Supposedly Fairy Tale might get a "next gen," but these are only rumors.

Can anyone help me out here? Name an anime where the kids took over the role. So far, only Naruto has this idea where they have kids and the kids are stronger from what I can find and think of.

I can speak for High School of the Dead the author behind the story (Daisuke Sato) died this year. The artist who drew the manga (Shouji Sato) is originally a hentai artist. With the man behind the plot gone, I doubt he will continue the manga (not to mention it's been around 4 years since the last chapter was released). Therefore I highly doubt there will ever be a second season to the anime. Though they keep saying rumors year after year that season 2 is coming. Yeah people, keep waiting. 

Claymore. I read the manga I didn't like the ending BUT I sure hell didn't like how the anime ended (going against the story of the manga looking like it was heading for filler territory). Now that I think about it, I'm glad they ended the anime they way it did. It truly deserves a reboot or a second season. 

Akame ga kill- this series deserves a reboot mostly because I HATE how the anime ended. Around the time it ended, the manga was still on going. So the studio behind the anime (White Fox) decided to come up with their own ending. Or maybe a prediction type ending to how the manga was going to end. Or it could be that they were low on cash and decided to end the show before the manga could head further. Point is EVERYONE died except for Akame, Leone, Najenda and Esdeath (the main antagonist of the story, the studio thought she couldn't be killed because she's so OP). What I love is the author of the manga (Takahiro) decided to go AGAINST what the anime did (it was the right thing to do which i applaud him for. If It was Kishimoto he would have done the same thing as the anime). 

But anyway Takahiro went with the following: 

-In the anime, Akame kills her younger sister Kurome. In the manga she didn't because Wave convinced her to leave the empire and run away with him (so yeah Kurome/Wave became canon). 

-In anime Mein died in the manga she survived and woke up from her comatose state. 

-In the anime Tatsumi (the lead male protagonist) died in the manga, he survived but ended up as a dragon (Takahiro never gave a hint that he was going to turn back human). 

-In the anime Leone lived. In the manga, sadly, she died after giving a falcon punch to the SOB Prime Minister Honest. 

The ending of the manga was way better than the anime. Though in the manga it left a hint that they might be a continuation or maybe even a movie about Akame as she explore the distant lands in search for a cure to the side effects after using Murasame's trump card against Esdeath. 

I love how Takahiro gave the middle finger to White Fox. It's like he said" I'm not going with that kitten ending you pulled out of your ass" lol.

-

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 December 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1615 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

51, actually and that's about enough episodes to cover the content up until the current story arc.  SP obviously doesn't want to repeat the mistakes they made with Bleach and Naruto by saturating the series with heaps of filler. 

Though they are taking their sweet time going through the story and adding filler stories here and there. So far those have mainly been to expand on the rivalry.

You should treat burito like dragon ball gt or super. Since it's not fair to compare it with seasonal anime. And I don't think overlord will ever get third season while bnha and opman migh get third season because of popularity.

Seasonal anime tend to have better quality than long running anime at the expense of less episode (12/24).

Let make these terms if they aren't already:

My Hero Academy is a Seasonal Anime. Lets say that 12 and 24 means it 2 for 1 season's worth or a half a year anime. They play their anime for what amounts to around roughly three months or a season. Then they check the sales numbers to see if they should add another season or not. Sometime there are years long gaps between each seasons airing.

Black Clover is a Yearly Anime. They have enough episodes to last them an entire year. Then again they stop, see how much they made, and if they made enough profit to continue; they do so.

Boruto Pokemon Yu-Gi-Oh Dragonball Bleach One Piece are all Continuous Anime. They go as long as their profit to be had. Once that stops, so does the anime.

@james
Gohan is more powerful than goten and trunk is much more gift than their parents. Anyways we know that gohan is chichi son because he has her shy attitude and powerful anger explosion unlike burito. But db story always goes back to goku.

Another example are

Shaman king flower : this is sequel of shaman king featuring mc son who is better than him.

Kenshin : it's not sequel his son is already better than Kenshin himself.

Bleach : his son is already a shinigami at the age when ichigo lose his mother. It's not sequel.

Did we talk about this a few months back?

Most of the kids you are bringing up are (come up with a name off the top of my head) Shounen Epilogue Offspring. They are just their to confirm that the couples got together and had kids. Granted normally it just one kid. They tend to be a mixture of their parents and tend to have a mixture of their parents' abilities. They normally aren't given a sequel, so we not suppose to take them or their powers seriously, and they are ultimately just their to show that the main cast lived happily after their adventures finished.

To be honest Gohan isn't really a S.E.O. Since he wasn't at the end of dragonball and only appeared when the series genre shifted from Comedy with Martial arts to a Sci-fi marital arts Shounen Battle manga series. His daughter Pan fits that bill a lot more then he does. Anyways it was explained after the battle with Raditz that Human-Sayjin hybrids have naturally enormous power levels, but this is counter by the fact that the kids are lazy and don't train. So eventually it up to Goku and Vegeta. For Gohan in particular he spends most of the first half of Dragonball Z as a tag along kids that the others have to look out for, well until the villain manage to enrage him enough to unleash his power for a second thought those generally didn't amount to much. Then during both Cell and Buu he had hidden power unlocked, something bad happened because he got arrogant, and it was up to someone else to save the day. after the first half of Dragonball Z where the world wasn't constantly in-danger he slacks off on his training till he is generally useless in any fight and it better to leave it to His father or Vegeta.

Boruto is a S.E.O. because he was in the Naruto epilogue chapter 700 and his one of the worst I have seen. Seeing as every other shounen epilogue has a happy ending if they have one. Naruto was miserable and had a depressing tone to it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 December 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#1616 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

We’ve had the short clips of the characters being instructed by their parents, so it’s not like they automatically have these abilitys. It’s expected for any person to be able to use said clan abilities if their parents are their parents. That is the logic that everyone should be going with. Naruto’s talent vs hard work was like that because they were on the end of the era of no clan mixing. Since the story continues, our characters are bound to have kids with others, destroying that whole structure. It should be expected. That’s the point of the Gokage and Sasuke talking about the new generation. They have it a bit easier, but they are strong. They don’t just automatically know the jutsu. The basic clan jutsu are the only things that make the kids "op". These kids are working the necessary amount to know the jutsu. We had that whole episode of inojin trying to figure out what was wrong with his beast art. Inojin,Shikadai,and Chocho stated they were training together before they joined the academy because of their parents. I would agree that the kids are op if they were doing planetary devastation level stuff but they aren't. And yes Boruto has some new eye power but he can't even use it when he wants too or knows what it is. 

Edited by DeathGodMack, 28 December 2017 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#1617 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

I can speak for High School of the Dead the author behind the story (Daisuke Sato) died this year. The artist who drew the manga (Shouji Sato) is originally a hentai artist. With the man behind the plot gone, I doubt he will continue the manga (not to mention it's been around 4 years since the last chapter was released). Therefore I highly doubt there will ever be a second season to the anime. Though they keep saying rumors year after year that season 2 is coming. Yeah people, keep waiting. 

Claymore. I read the manga I didn't like the ending BUT I sure hell didn't like how the anime ended (going against the story of the manga looking like it was heading for filler territory). Now that I think about it, I'm glad they ended the anime they way it did. It truly deserves a reboot or a second season. 

Akame ga kill- this series deserves a reboot mostly because I HATE how the anime ended. Around the time it ended, the manga was still on going. So the studio behind the anime (White Fox) decided to come up with their own ending. Or maybe a prediction type ending to how the manga was going to end. Or it could be that they were low on cash and decided to end the show before the manga could head further. Point is EVERYONE died except for Leone, Najenda and Esdeath (the main antagonist of the story, the studio thought she couldn't be killed because she's so OP). What I love is the author of the manga (Takahiro) decided to go AGAINST what the anime did (it was the right thing to do which i applaud him for. If It was Kishimoto he would have done the same thing as the anime). 

But anyway Takahiro went with the following: 

-In the anime, Akame kills her younger sister Kurome. In the manga she didn't because Wave convinced her to leave the empire and run away with him (so yeah Kurome/Wave became canon). 

-In anime Mein died in the manga she survived and woke up from her comatose state. 

-In the anime Tatsumi (the lead male protagonist) died in the manga, he survived but ended up as a dragon (Takahiro never gave a hint that he was going to turn back human). 

-In the anime Leone lived. In the manga, sadly, she died after giving a falcon punch to the SOB Prime Minister Honest. 

The ending of the manga was way better than the anime. Though in the manga it left a hint that they might be a continuation or maybe even a movie about Akame as she explore the distant lands in search for a cure to the side effects after using Murasame's trump card against Esdeath. 

I love how Takahiro gave the middle finger to White Fox. It's like he said" I'm not going with that kitten ending you pulled out of your ass" lol.

-

Eh, Gravenimage?   It may have been a long time since you've seen the anime version but I have to make a few corrections here. In the anime, Esdeath does die after she fought Akame, but she freezes herself and Tatsumi's corpse before she succumbs to Murasame's curse and shatters herself into pieces.  Basically, she commits suicide.  Leone also dies in both versions of the story(in the anime, she eventually died from her bullet wounds in an alleyway after saying goodbye to Akame) with the main difference being that she kills Honest in the anime version while she leaves Honest paralyzed in the manga so that all of the rebellion soldiers and citizens can torture him for months on end as retribution for his numerous crimes.

What I found creative is that Takehiro referenced the events of the anime as a premonition for a possible future.  In the manga, The head minister of the church that Night Raid was allied with (and is pretty much a Tatsumi x Mine shipper) had a grisly vision about Tatsumi and Mine that alluded to their fates in the anime and he hoped that they would have a happier outcome in the future, which as we know, they did. God, if only Kishimoto had done something like that.

Edited by Kagomaru, 28 December 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#1618 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Eh, Gravenimage?   It may have been a long time since you've seen the anime version but I have to make a few corrections here. In the anime, Esdeath does die after she fought Akame, but she freezes herself and Tatsumi's corpse before she succumbs to Murasame's curse and shatters herself into pieces.  Basically, she commits suicide.  Leone also dies in both versions of the story(in the anime, she eventually died from her bullet wounds in an alleyway after saying goodbye to Akame) with the main difference being that she kills Honest in the anime version while she leaves Honest paralyzed in the manga so that all of the rebellion soldiers and citizens can torture him for months on end as retribution for his numerous crimes.

What I found creative is that Takehiro referenced the events of the anime as a premonition for a possible future.  In the manga, The head minister of the church that Night Raid was allied with (and is pretty much a Tatsumi x Mine shipper) had a grisly vision about Tatsumi and Mine that alluded to their fates in the anime and he hoped that they would have a happier outcome in the future, which as we know, they did. God, if only Kishimoto had done something like that.

Really? :wot:  Holy crap I really have to watch the anime ending again. Or maybe I didn't watch it that well. Now I just feel...Dumb. :sweatdrop:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1619 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

I saw in previous pages the mentioning of Kishimoto's next manga will be debuted next year.

I'm interested to read this new manga at least the first few chapters to see if he'll redeem himself with this new manga. Redeeming himself would be by making the hero and heoines similar or the same as Naruto and Sakura, to see how he'll handle the story, and if he'll make the hero and heroine have the same dynamic and romantic moments as NS.

If he does the above mentioned then he'll be trying to make his own story this time with no much influence.

I'm willing to give him a chance with his next new manga if he meets the above listed.

Edited by T XD, 28 December 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#1620 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Really? :wot:  Holy crap I really have to watch the anime ending again. Or maybe I didn't watch it that well. Now I just feel...Dumb. :sweatdrop:

Don't worry about it.  I've watched the anime several times, so these details stick in my head, especially when I want to compare it to the manga's ending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users