ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Serious question. Do you guys dislike Boruto because it "sucks" or just because NaruSaku didn't happen?  I do wish NaruSaku could still happen but i have also accepted the fact that we have Brouto and Sarada now which allows me to "enjoy" Brouto without the fact that NaruSaku didn't happen hampering me from watching/reading it.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 26 December 2017 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image

#1582 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Serious question. Do you guys dislike Boruto because it "sucks" or just because NaruSaku didn't happen?  I do wish NaruSaku could still happen but i have also accepted the fact that we have Brouto and Sarada now which allows me to "enjoy" Brouto without the fact that NaruSaku didn't happen hampering me from watching/reading it.

If Sarada was a NS daughter, people would hate that outfit even more.

#1583 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

It's premise does not make sense to me. that is all. Besides the entire manga and anime so far feels like a giant cop out in the first place to try piggy back off of Naruto's popularity rather than standing on it's own as a genuine story. You can debate with me if you want on that one, but That's how I feel. However I will admit I'm not giving Boruto a chance partially because of the resentment I feel towards Naruto's ending, not just because NaruSaku didn't happen but because the ending just kittened on all the themes and morals of the story. In fact It was kittening on its own themes and morals long before the ending happened. Prime example; Naruto is supposed to be some sort of "ninja Jesus" that is supposed to bring an end to war and conflict, but what happens at Chapter 700? Nothing has changed in the world at all, the only thing is that it is be coming an electronic technology based modern Urban society with skyscrapers and the like. Me hating Boruto is just a byproduct of me hating Naruto's ending and the fact that it betrayed it's own narrative and meaning

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 December 2017 - 01:48 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1584 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

If Sarada was a NS daughter, people would hate that outfit even more.

If NS happened none of the kids would be wearing anything like what Salad is wearing. Remember he was the hinata fan on Kishimoto staff that volunteered to take over once the ending was confirmed. If nH didn't happen Ikemoto may not have wanted to work on Naruto's sequel. That outfit is That Pedophile Ikemoto's design alone; not even Studio Pierrot feels comfortable animating it. If he not the illustrator, then no creepy outfits for 7 year old.

Despite what you may think I was willing to give Boruto a fair chance. The ten months rehashing the movie, then a prologue story that any other manga would have finished in a week that took them 5 more months. That among other plot points in the manga remove any hope of that manga being good.

As for the anime among other things, all I can see are either mistakes due to incompetence or attempts at manipulating the audience.

As for BS. Why should I be happy with a cheap knock off of a pairing they abandon before; just because they realized that the pairings they went with were a mistake? What have they done to earn the forgiveness of the fans they mocked until they realized they factions they went with are worthless? Boruto is a brat while slightly tolerable in the manga (surprisingly) he is utterly irritating in the anime. As for Salad, I doubt she is going to remain plot relevant for much longer. In case you haven't notice they added a Hinata clone to the cast, which some want to replace Salad as the heroine and the love interest just as what happened with her mother. So they started off another pairing conflict again; the very thing that helped destroy the original series. They have learned nothing.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 06:11 AM.

#1585 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

You can like it all you want.

I think it's bad and NS not happening is just one grain of rice in a bowl as to why. Good god, "if you don't like burrito it must be because you're just a NS fan." Is a fallacy.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#1586 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

It is not NaruSaku fans that Hate Boruto's Story ( though they ARE part of the faction) it is fans of NARUTO'S STORY that Hate Boruto's story. Boruto's story came at what cost to Naruto's narrative integrity? That is what I want to know. I actually want to see what answers its defenders come up with; ones that are not "NaruHina is canon," anyway.

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 December 2017 - 11:45 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1587 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

I hate it because of both. NS didn't happened and it sucks. Just look what it had to be made in order to be a Boruto series. 

-Character development assassination for mostly all of the characters of the series mainly, Naruto and Sakura. 

-Give a side a character that was completely irrelevant to the story the status of main character and heroine. Seriously before 700 Hinata could have die and there WOULDN'T be a change in the plot whatsoever.

-Make a NH movie that it's worse than the Twilight saga and the Fifty Shades of Grey saga. 

-Plot destruction-Naruto was supposed to become Hokage and put an end to the circle of hate, the wars, bring peace etc. But he didn't do any of that. For the sake of making Boruto because Pierot got greedy and wanted to continue milking the cow with cash from the success of the original series (that sure came back to bite them in the ass). 

-Villains redemption when they didn't do anything to deserve it-Orochimaru is the first one. So just because he helped in the fourth war that means he gets a pat on the back and is welcome in Konoha??? WTF The guy betrayed Konoha leaving the village to become a missing nin, attacked the village, killed the fourth Kazekage, killed the third Hokage, performed illegal experiments on innocent people, attempted to kill the future fifth Hokage, threatened her that he will return to attack Konoha again, send his men to convince Sasuke to leave the village, etc. Seriously why is this sick and twisted SOB still walking the village like nothing bad happened??? Sasuke is another character that gets redeemed when he didn't do squat to earn it. After all his crimes he also gets a pat on the back and Kakashi telling him" what you did was wrong, don't do it again" that's it and he leaves Konoha AGAIN for his" journey to redemption". So after Naruto and Sakura busted their asses to get him back to the village, he leaves again bravo Kishi bravo. :hm:

There are MANY more reasons why Boruto sucks but I'm going to leave it here. Naruto should have ended with him becoming Hokage, bringing peace to the world, ending the ninja village system, marrying Sakura and living happily ever after with his kids. Boruto was created for the sake of making more money, a greedy idea by Pierot. And THIS is the result they get. :zaru:

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 December 2017 - 04:39 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1588 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

Attempting to redirecting question because lost the argument about salad outfit being sexualized to other question. :confused:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1589 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

... you're not the only one here who watches and reads a lot of manga. And plenty of people here take issue with Salads design.

Her design isn't "fan service" it's sexualization of a child.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#1590 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Here's my statement:

Obviously, I'm not watching the series because of the executive meddling on all sides. Its not because I'm salty that NaruSaku didn't become canon but its the fact that the whole premise of Naruto: its ninja aspects, themes and story had been tarnished and thrown out the window because of stupid mistakes behind the scenes, especially when The Last was coming by promoting Hinata as a main character at the last minute. Masashi didn't do anything, he just gave up because either retaliation from Studio Pierrot when working on Road to Ninja (while scheming that it will bring more money during The Last production) or Shueisha higher ups got involved because Naruto wasn't making enough money as it was when it was part of the Big 3 and add in their two cents, resulting the stupid mistakes. Not to mention watching and listening the wrong type of fans. (and I forgot about those editors, he should've had ground control. Its HIS story not theirs. Its a reason why after the Pain Arc that the storyline went downhill because of this).

Another thing is that Naruto is not only a main but also titular character. Resulting him being a horrible character because they (either Pierrot, Shueisha's silly decisions or both) had to assassinate his character development to make him have a family with Hinata to make it "believable" but the damage was already done. Boruto is not even likable, stuff are rehashed, cast are not likable and then the manga somehow has an author who has to sexualize a 12 year old thinking that will gain audience (uh, NO! That's heading towards bad and legal problems) . But its all here because of the New Generation project. If they would've left Masashi alone and let him finish the series (without bias, favoritism and greed playing the field), the ending would've been satisfactory. Story, themes, and characters would had been intact. If they would had stay on path, then the money would've come through the New Generation projects and the franchise would've been fine for many years to come on both mainland Japan and international shores.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#1591 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

You can watch it if you want. I don't think whatever the forum think should hamper you to enjoy it as an entertainment.

In this forum it's both of it. It suck because it's indeed not that good. The only good thing in this series is salad, but that kind a ironic since her character is pretty much tame and competent sakura.

Personally I don't think salad cloth is a big deal.

#1592 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

I think what make the anime kinda "safe" is that sp doesn't use the current manga art style. They use kishi previous design. That make the anime more recognizable and familiar to the naruto audience.

I think it safe to say that the source of canon would be the anime and the manga will just follow the anime.

The clone is the proof of it.

#1593 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

I hate Boruto because of a lot of things. I loathe what they did to Shino, former badass turned kittening clown. Boruto is not an interesting character to me in the slightest. He’s a little kitten and from the little exposure I’ve had of Boruto (and I plan on keeping it that way), he’s a whiny kid. It’s worse that he’s the main character. If Sarada or Mitsuki became the main character, that would cause me to watch the show, as it would be much better. They’re interesting, he’s not.

#1594 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

I hate Boruto because of a lot of things. I loathe what they did to Shino, former badass turned kittening clown. Boruto is not an interesting character to me in the slightest. He’s a little kitten and from the little exposure I’ve had of Boruto (and I plan on keeping it that way), he’s a whiny kid. It’s worse that he’s the main character. If Sarada or Mitsuki became the main character, that would cause me to watch the show, as it would be much better. They’re interesting, he’s not.

I say Sarada is the most interesting of the three.

#1595 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

I say Sarada is the most interesting of the three.

Which is why it a shame that she's not going to get a lot of focus either because now that kishi gone they may decided focus on the clone, or like in Naruto the heroine only really the love interest & won't get that much focus. Which for Boruto is a bad thing. Boruto's goal in life is to take over Sasuke's place as the hokage's "right hand man in the underworld dealing with any threat that konoha can't be officially seen dealing with." Since the main character's dream is to simply become someone's weapon; we needed to know the motivations of the wielder. In other words Salad should... no, has to be a major character in the story to the point she should share the protagonist role with Boruto.

Problems are Naruto's series habit of the story of screwing over female characters, and some already want to have her replaced with the clone. If those idiots do replace her then they are removing the person that will decide the actions Bolt will take once he has achieved his dream, and even if they don't replace her are they even going to give her enough focus where it matters? What is she going to do once she becomes hokage?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#1596 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

I don't think she will get replace because she's an uchiha. But I agree that her fate will not far away like sakura. The thing is since there's no sasuke(yet) salad will not (yet) become the third wheel in the team.

Oh And becoming hokage doesn't mean jack kitten when the title character doesn't care about that.

Combat wise She would fight like uchiha sakura with sharingan but her sharingan will never evolve into EMS unless they asspull it.

#1597 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

I don't think she will get replace because she's an uchiha. But I agree that her fate will not far away like sakura. The thing is since there's no sasuke(yet) salad will not (yet) become the third wheel in the team.
Oh And becoming hokage doesn't mean jack kitten when the title character doesn't care about that.
Combat wise She would fight like uchiha sakura with sharingan but her sharingan will never evolve into EMS unless they asspull it.

They are going to ass pull Sarada getting the sharigan upgrades since all they do is ass pull.

#1598 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

They are going to ass pull Sarada getting the sharigan upgrades since all they do is ass pull.

That's yet another problem with Boruto that separates it from one of the prevailing themes of Naruto: No one in this series earns their skills through actual training and continued effort.  Everyone in Boruto's generation is a bloody genius to varying degrees and that kills any investment you will feel towards their progress because there is no journey, no revelatory moments and therefore, no character development.  It is insulting that a series that once espoused how a dedicated work ethic and perseverance can allow one to accomplish their dreams even in the face of natural talent would just throw all of that to the wayside.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1599 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Thank you for finally remembering that Cup in the new Sai of this group and not the new Sasuke. Anyways, Nail will come eventually and they are going to have to focus on him to set up Naruto vs Sasuke final bout 2.0 with Bolt & Nail.

His dream which he outright states in chapter 10 is to takeover Sasuke's role as the Supporting Shadow and support Salad when she become hokage. So if Bolt's dream is just to become her top "hitman"; it's kind of important we know what she will do as hokage. Side note after Nineteen Months of the manga all Salad has done is: look sexy, some times fight so she isn't seen as weak as her mother, and become increasingly sexually attracted to Bolt.

As far as power go. Even if they don't throw her completely under the bus either for Nail or the clone. They are still lazy un-creative kitten-ers. So all she will get at best is the combination of her mother's as well as her father's powers, and some "cool" gadgets.

That's yet another problem with Boruto that separates it from one of the prevailing themes of Naruto: No one in this series earns their skills through actual training and continued effort.  Everyone in Boruto's generation is a bloody genius to varying degrees and that kills any investment you will feel towards their progress because there is no journey, no revelatory moments and therefore, no character development.  It is insulting that a series that once espoused how a dedicated work ethic and perseverance can allow one to accomplish their dreams even in the face of natural talent would just throw all of that to the wayside.

You kind of get the implication that Bolt is training seriously after Sasuke's takes him under his wing. But that's cancelled out once you remember how much of a gifted genius they made him and everyone else in the anime before they even turn 9. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#1600 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

In case anyone interested :

I have to admit the thumbnail looks cool , but still the smell of B.S is very strong (even though i didn't and will never watch it).

Bottom line is , gennin with SSJ blue (well it's green-ish not really blue) like goku (sage mode are like that now? a complete transformation! amazing , even naruto sage mode only change is eyes) , already this op as kid ?? wow he'll be a god when he reach teen , and when he reach adult ... is there anything stronger than god ??. And people in the comment asking which one will win naruto sage mode or mitsuki sage mode , in my opinion that's just how low the standard have drop.

Edited by Yyubie, 27 December 2017 - 05:20 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users