• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

***THIS POST IS EXTREMELY LONG AND TOOK ME ALL DAY TO TYPE BECAUSE I HAD TO RE-READ THE ENTIRE SERIES TO FINISH IT. IT LISTS EVERY NARUHINA INTERACTION IN THE SERIES. PLEASE READ ALL OF IT.***

After reading JamesSCassidy's posts in the 615 thread, I was inspired to go through every NaruHina interaction to see if there is anything that indicates Naruto's supposed change in feelings for Hinata. I may have been a little too detailed with my search, but oh well. Here are my results:

*NOTE: All Hinata ----> Naruto moments are romantic as we know her feelings. However, when I type Nauro ----> Hinata, I'm not suggesting that he is returning her feelings. I mean that the moment is initiated by Naruto, or coming from his perspective. We'll decide at the end which Naruto ----> Hinata moments can be considered romantic, and which are platonic, based on what happens in the manga. Of course, this is all just my opinion on it. If someone feels differently about anything here, that's fine. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong. I've got the manga chapters and page numbers listed so you can follow along:

NaruHina Part One

We already know that any Naruto ----> Hinata moments that occurred in Part One did not lead to a change in feelings, as Naruto is still just as crazy about Sakura in Shippuden as he is in chapter 3 of Part One. But, for the sake of argument, I'll go over them:

31) Chapter 77, page 17: Naruto takes the cream from Hinata and says, "Thanks, you're nice, Hinata!" Naruto ----> Hinata
This is a platonic moment. Naruto thinks Hinata is a nice person for giving him the medicine, but he develops no special feelings for her from this. If he did, he probably wouldn't have offered the cream to Sakura immediately afterward. Plus, right before his fight, Naruto was blushing at Sakura's encouragement for him to not lose against the Sound Ninja. This enforces his feelings for her, making this moment with Hinata platonic on his part.

32) Chapter 78, pages 11-16: Naruto is angered by Neji's speech. Naruto ----> Hinata
Again, this is a platonic moment. Naruto appears to be more angry at the message in Neji's speech, (that losers can't change), rather than the fact that Neji is saying it to Hinata. This is probably because Naruto is taking it personally. He was considered a loser all of his life, but he was able to change, so he's mad that Neji is saying otherwise.

33) Chapter 78, page 17: "You CAN!! Stop deciding things about people! Idiot! Kick that bastard's ass Hinata!" Naruto ----> Hinata
This reinforces the idea that #32 is a platonic moment. Naruto is taking Neji's speech personally and wants to "kick his ass", but he can't because it's not his fight. That being said, this moment is also platonic for the same reasons. He's not encouraging her because he's in love with her. Rather, Naruto wants Hinata to beat Neji up to prove that what he's saying is wrong.

33) Chapter 79, page 2: Naruto encourages Hinata to stand up for herself. "This is hard to watch!" Naruto ----> Hinata
Platonic, again, for the same reasons. He wants to encourage her through this fight because she's similar to him. Naruto knows through his own experiences that Neji is wrong when he says Hinata can't change because he has been in her shoes. He was called a loser, he was underestimated, he was put down by everyone else, but he stood up for himself and worked hard. He wants Hinata to do the same, but again, this doesn't mean that he now has developed love for her.

35) Chapter 79, page 9: Naruto cheers for Hinata. Naruto ----> Hinata
&

36) Chapter 79, page 13: Hinata hits Neji. Naruto cheers, "Yes!!!" Naruto ----> Hinata
Take it as you will. I feel this is platonic again for the same reasons as previously stated.

40) Chapter 80, page 2: Naruto says he never knew Hinata was this incredible. Naruto ----> Hinata
While I still consider this a platonic moment, he is realizing that Hinata is more than just a "shy and dark girl". Obviously, no romantic feelings develop from this, but this is pro-development in his relationship with Hinata. He's finally acknowledging her as a hard working ninja that never gives up.

41) Chapter 80, page 2: Sakura & Lee tell him that Hinata's very similar to him. "She was always watching you" 3rd party acknowledgement of Hinata ---> Naruto
&
42) Chapter 80, page 3: Naruto continues watching Hinata, digesting what Sakura and Lee said. "....." Naruto ----> Hinata

Again, I don't consider this romantic, but it is further development to his relationship with Hinata. He's now aware that Hinata looks up to him and that he inspires her to never quit trying.

43) Chapter 80, page 5: "You can do it, Hinata!" Naruto ----> Hinata
I'm still going to say this is platonic, but Naruto obviously wants Hinata to win. Now it's not just because he's pissed about Neji, but also because he now knows that Hinata was inspired by his hard work.

47) Chapter 80, page 11: Naruto thinks about Hinata saying she wants to change herself, then stops the ref from ending the match. Naruto ----> Hinata
Again, there is simply no romance here. He can see that she's not ready to give up yet and calls it to the ref. It's platonic.

49) Chapter 80 page 14: Naruto smiles when Hinata gets up. Naruto ----> Hinata
She hasn't thrown in the towel yet and Naruto is happy about that, but it's not because he's in love with her. He's proud of her. She's following his nindo and not letting Neji stomp her into the ground. Since Naruto can relate completely to Hinata during this battle, it's a given that he'd be happy to see her stand up again. He's like a coach rooting for his little league player.

50) Chapter 80, page 18: Naruto jumps down to see if Hinata is alright. Naruto ----> Hinata
Platonic. Naruto jumps down to see if Lee is alright after his battle too. Hinata fought hard, so it's a given that he would check to see how she's doing.

52) Chapter 80, page 6: Naruto looks worried as Hinata is taken away by the medical team. Naruto ----> Hinata
Given that Neji was trying to kill her, it's obvious why Naruto is worried. He was worried for Lee when he was taken away by the medics too. Yet again, there is no special feelings that develop from this down the road, so we can say that it's platonic. He's worried about Hinata as a person. She could die.

53) Chapter 81, page 7: Naruto thinks about Hinata's fight, holds her blood out at Neji and says, "You are going down!" Naruto ----> Hinata
I'm sure he made this oath partially to honor Hinata, but I also believe that the bigger reason behind it is because of how Neji looks down on anyone that isn't born with talent. As stated earlier, Neji believes that if you're born without talent, you'll remain that way for the rest of your life. "A loser will always be a loser". Naruto has taken that to heart, and he's determined to prove to Neji that he's wrong. Hinata couldn't do it herself, so Naruto is going to step in and show this genius what can come from hard work. So, is this a romantic moment for NaruHina? Again, I don't think so. Naruto's desire to prove Neji wrong is the driving force behind all of Naruto's moments throughout this entire battle. To me, this overshadows the idea that he's acting this way because of Hinata. Has she inspired him to stand up to Neji? Yes, but she's not the only reason why, and he's not doing this out of love for her. That's why I'm going to say this is a platonic moment.

59) Chapter 98, page 13: Naruto thanks Hinata and says he was feeling uncharacteristically depressed, but now he feels great! Naruto ----> Hinata
I'm going to be nice and give this one to the NaruHina fans. Naruto was feelings really nervous about his battle with Neji, but Hinata was able to snap him out of it. Do I think it's a romantic moment? No, but it does show that she's able to cheer him up when he's down. That being said, Naruto's feelings for her still don't change after this, so there's nothing to worry about. He's still head over heels for his Sakura-chan. biggrin.gif

60) Chapter 98, page 14: "A person like you... I really like!!" Naruto ----> Hinata
Despite what some people believed, this wasn't a moment where Naruto realizes he loves Hinata. This is the moment where he acknowledges her as one of his friends. This is what he says to her beforehand: "You know, about you, I thought you were a plain looking, dark, weirdo..." Naruto is saying that his initial thoughts about her were wrong, and that he now considers her a likeable person. A friend. We know from the battle with Gaara, which happens a while after this chapter, that Naruto still loves Sakura, so this isn't a love confession to Hinata. It's completely platonic on Naruto's part. They're now friends.

61) Chapter 98, page 14: "Well, I'm off to the exam! You'd better watch me kick that Neji guy's ass!" Naruto ---> Hinata
Aaaaaand, we're back to kicking Neji's ass. LOL. This is another platonic moment. As stated under #53, Naruto is going to teach Neji the lesson that Hinata couldn't on her own. Of course he wants her to be there and see it. This is not because he loves her, as we learn later on that Naruto still has a crush on Sakura.

68) Chapter 101, page 18: Naruto asks Neji why he mentally attacked Hinata. "Insulting Hinata, automatically deciding she's a loser... I don't know what happened, but pieces of kitten like you who call other people losers... I will never forgive!!!" Naruto ----> Hinata
I'm going to repeat some of what I said for #53: "I also believe that the bigger reason behind it is because of how Neji looks down on anyone that isn't born with talent. As stated earlier, Neji believes that if you're born without talent, you'll remain that way for the rest of your life. "A loser will always be a loser". Naruto has taken that to heart, and he's determined to prove to Neji that he's wrong." It's platonic. **Naruto's anger isn't coming from the fact that Hinata got beaten up by Neji. Of course he isn't happy about that, but that's not why he's so determined right now. It's because of Neji's attitude towards underdogs. Naruto finds it unforgivable and wants to teach him a lesson, as Naruto himself is an underdog and hates being underestimated.

**I'll compare compare this to when Gaara attacks Sakura. During that battle, Naruto is fighting Gaara because he's attacking his precious people, and all of his anger comes from the fact that Sakura's life is in danger:

I feel like Naruto would have reacted more like how he did here if he had been fighting Neji because of what he did to Hinata. Does this make sense?

69) Chapter 105, page 6: Naruto wonders if Hinata watched him beat Neji. Naruto ----> Hinata
Platonic, again. Naruto just taught Neji the lesson that Hinata couldn't. Of course he's hoping that she saw it.

NaruHina Shippuden

That's an awful lot of Hinata ----> Naruto... tongue.gif
After reading through the entire manga again, I'm much less worried about NaruHina than I was this morning. You get a much better perspective of the chapters if you read them as a whole, rather than individually. I recommend everyone re-reads at least Shippuden before panicking over NaruHina.

Anyway, Shippuden is the more important season for NaruHina because that's where their only significant moments occur: Hinata's confession and chapter 615. I'm not going to pay attention to all of the Hinata ----> Naruto because we already know how she feels. So, what about those Naruto ----> Hinata moments?

I'm going to let you guys talk about them, because at this point, I'm really tired of typing. sweatdrop.gif
I'll list all of the Naruto ----> Hinata moments from Shippuden right here for you. Remember, just because it's tagged as "Naruto ----> Hinata", it doesn't mean that Naruto is returning her feelings:

26) Chapter 437, page 9: Naruto tells Hinata to get away. "You're no match for him!" Naruto ----> Hinata

30) Chapter 437, page 13: Pein one-hit K.O's Hinata; Naruto tells him to stop. Naruto ----> Hinata

31) Chapter 437, pages 14-16: Naruto unleashes the power of the Kyuubi after witnessing Hinata's apparent death. Naruto ----> Hinata

33) Chapter 441, page 6: Naruto remembers what happened to Hinata and painfully wonders, "Did I destroy Hinata and the rest of the villagers...!?" Naruto ----> Hinata/Villagers

42) Chapter 490, page 14: Naruto admits he let the Kyuubi take over out of anger when he saw Pein attack Hinata. Naruto ----> Hinata

44) Chapter 558, page 20: Naruto's clone jumps in front of Hinata and saves her from three White Zetsu clones. Naruto ----> Hinata

45) Chapter 559, page 3: Naruto's clone shoves the White Zetsu clones away and asks if she's alright. Naruto ----> Hinata

48) Chapter 559, pages 5-6: Naruto's clone tells Hinata not to worry, and reassures her that she's strong "I'm pretty lame anyway, considering you've saved me at least twice now!" Naruto ----> Hinata

61) Chapter 615, pages 16-17: Naruto moves Hinata's hand off of his face so that he's holding it instead and thanks her for staying at his side. Naruto ----> Hinata

63) Chapter 615, page 18: Naruto charges the Kyuubi cloak and transfers some of it's chakra to Hinata while holding her hand. "Let's go, Hinata!" Naruto ----> Hinata

So, what do you think? Do any of these 10 Shippuden Naruto ----> Hinata moments prove that his feelings for her have changed over the years? I'm going to say no, as most of them weren't even meant to be romantic, or were followed up by moments that suggest Naruto still loves Sakura. I'm sure after reading through all of this, most of you will agree with me. NaruHina floats on Hinata's love for Naruto; not so much the other way around.

Edited by Slextrem, 24 August 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#2 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I know most of the moments you've posted here, and as I always said, it's romantic maybe, on her side and totally friend-zone (not as in friendzoned, that term, ah) from Naruto. He just views her as a friend who is willing to sacrifice herself for him. But never has Naruto shown any reaction as in romantic ones.
If you look at 615, the body language he displays with Hinata, is displayed when talking to Kurama, as well.
First shock, afterwards, determination.

Edited by Chatte, 19 January 2013 - 01:28 AM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#3 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

You guys do things I'm much too lazy to compile myself. XD -and I just don't have the internet speed for it either-

This is great work, but I must say I knew about most of this already. But I'm glad it's encouraging others to have more confidence about NS.

You see, I don't think I was worried about an NH outcome like most people were based on 615. I knew for a fact Naruto showed no romantic feelings toward Hinata whatsoever throughout the entire manga. All interactions he had with here were friendly. There's nothing wrong with that of course, NS has a lot of friendly moments too.

What makes NS and NH different is the fact that one side of the pairing is actual showing significant evidence that they will return the feelings of the other side. Part 1 was friendly built up for NS, part 1 is when they became friends officially and Sakura completely dropped all the preconceived notions she had about Naruto at the very beginning of the series (He was no longer just some uncool annoying failure boy who was trying to get in the way of her love life, he was her dear friend who would do anything for her. Back then though, it was apparent that she did not realize it was because he loved her so deeply)

Part 2 pretty much immediately starts off with Sakura looking at him like a true boy her age, someone she could be attracted to. (evident by her flirting, which went right over Naruto's dense head XD) Naruto's love for Sakura is already known, (though we are reminded at the beginning of shippuden again). From there on, we see Sakura being more involved in Naruto's life, caring more about his well being, and thinking less about Sasuke to the point where she's willing to kill Sasuke just so Naruto, who she cared deeply for, could no longer be hurt.

This is all well known information, something Kishi created. I was not concerned with NH from an evidence standpoint, Kishi has not built them up. He hasn't done anything significant to make the audience truly care about them getting together and he NEVER showed Naruto thinking about Hinata the way he thinks of Sakura ever. A common argument I see against NS is "Naruto was just joking when he asked Sakura on dates." If that were the case, why don't we see such carefree joking towards other females his age? We don't.

What I was concerned with with 615 was Kishi going off the rails. Why would he suddenly take a turn towards NH? He did not show any indication he would previously and he did not show Naruto changing or even considering changing his feelings. The manga has always focused on Naruto and Sakura's growing bond when romance was brought up, why start NH now? I was worried that my favorite manga was going off the deep end. I could hardly believe and did not want to believe that Kishi was going against his own work and destroying it.

My worries were less about the evidence within the manga and more about what Kishi was thinking.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Wow. You did an awesome job and I am glad someone did this. I would have done it myself, but I have been too busy with the funeral arrangements and such. Good job, Slextrem. Between you, Chatte, and myself, we seem to provide confidence on the site while still maintaining a clear POV with as little bias as possible.

I am happy to know I have inspired so many to further themselves. Not just in a fandom, but as a group. This is why I like coming here.

You did a good job with the details and you pretty much have them all covered. These interactions alone show how Naruto never really viewed Hinata more than just a friend. He did take a shine to her because she was an underdog as well, but this doesn't make it romantic. Merely like how a master would view an apprentice.

Proud of you. happy.gif

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 January 2013 - 05:22 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Kudos to you! How could you go through the manga and find all the Naruhina moments especially as a Narusaku fan? lol! I think that it shows Naruto acknowledging her and caring for her as a friend but nothing shows romance. If Kishimoto decides to make it romantic he would have to give more Naruto---->Hinata moments. But for now nothing points away from Naruto----->Sakura.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#6 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Naruto has not change his mind about Sakura! And if he does give up on Sakura, this nindo "never give up" will be ruin. Naruto doesn't give up easily. Sakura and Naaruto already have a lot of development and will Kishimoto waste all of this evident between Sakura and Naruto just to move on to Naruhina? He won't and if he does then... it's just doesn't make sense sense. Narusaku will happen and I wil always support Naruto and Sakura! Naruto can't just change his mind only because Hinata slap his face and say things to make him realize... stuff? (I can't what she said in that chapter ~_~)

Edited by narusakuno1, 19 January 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#7 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 18 2013, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. You did an awesome job and I am glad someone did this. I would have done it myself, but I have been too busy with the funeral arrangements and such. Good job, Slextrem. Between you, Chatte, and myself, we seem to provide confidence on the site while still maintaining a clear POV with as little bias as possible.

I am happy to know I have inspired so many to further themselves. Not just in a fandom, but as a group. This is why I like coming here.

You did a good job with the details and you pretty much have them all covered. These interactions alone show how Naruto never really viewed Hinata more than just a friend. He did take a shine to her because she was an underdog as well, but this doesn't make it romantic. Merely like how a master would view an apprentice.

Proud of you. happy.gif

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time right now... sad.gif

Thank you for the compliments though. I was very motivated to do this this morning after reading your posts in the 615 thread. I'm always more confident after reading your posts! I like that you're always optimistic and you seem to put a lot of thought into it. As you've said numerous times, there's nothing wrong with staying positive.

Proud of you too! Keep your chin up! happy.gif

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 18 2013, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time right now... sad.gif

It's okay. happy.gif I have made my peace with it and everything is going to be fine. I can't explain it, but I feel like things are going to get better.

Thank you for the compliments though. I was very motivated to do this this morning after reading your posts in the 615 thread. I'm always more confident after reading your posts! I like that you're always optimistic and you seem to put a lot of thought into it. As you've said numerous times, there's nothing wrong with staying positive.

Proud of you too! Keep your chin up! happy.gif

Well, you just made my day even better. *big hugs*
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 18 2013, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's okay. happy.gif I have made my peace with it and everything is going to be fine. I can't explain it, but I feel like things are going to get better.

Well, you just made my day even better. *big hugs*

Happy to hear it! th_glomp.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 19 January 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#10 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm agree with you, guys... And another evidence... Remember ch 499? After that Kushina told him "I love you" what think Naruto after it?

Kushina: "I love you"
Naruto: [What's (this feeling).....?]
Naruto: I feel so peaceful...
Naruto: I'm very happy!

This would means that Naruto has never felt such feelings, even after Hinata's confession. That's why Naruto has blushed a little when Sakura told him that she was in love with him but after she ruined it taking out Sasuke's name...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 18 2013, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know most of the moments you've posted here, and as I always said, it's romantic maybe, on her side and totally friend-zone (not as in friendzoned, that term, ah) from Naruto. He just views her as a friend who is willing to sacrifice herself for him. But never has Naruto shown any reaction as in romantic ones.
If you look at 615, the body language he displays with Hinata, is displayed when talking to Kurama, as well.
First shock, afterwards, determination.

Hinata's second attempt to sacrifice herself was not romantic because Neji killed it off.

Neji said that she wasnt willing to sacrifice herself for him because she loves him but becasue he was important for her like Neji said that Naruto was important for him, he made it like a "friend" sacrifice.
PLus the fact that Naruto's reaction had 0 romantic hints.

@六道仙人

He was happy for meeting his mom he never felt maternal love(or whatever).

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 19 January 2013 - 11:05 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I know, that also because she told "Aikitteneru" (she told it even to Minato), which express a strongest love... That's why Naruto never felt a such feelings for two reasons: He never heard this maternal love and any girl/woman has never told him that kind of love using Aikitteneru.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Jan 19 2013, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, that also because she told "Aikitteneru" (she told it even to Minato), which express a strongest love... That's why Naruto never felt a such feelings for two reasons: He never heard this maternal love and any girl/woman has never told him that kind of love using Aikitteneru.

It was maternal love does not matter if she says "aikitteneru" or whatever, even Minato enforces it when he say that he cant take the role of a mother.

About the topic
"Chapter 354, page 15: Hinata's first mission with Naruto. Naruto says, "Everyone, move out!"... and that's it. Not romantic"
Only Hinata's presence is enough to make a NH interaction?

[...]

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 19 January 2013 - 11:58 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Wow. Epic post, Slextrem - you're really dedicated!!

I hope everyone that shouted "NH is canon" after 615 will read this and see it was nothing to be worried about. I wasn't worried one bit, but it was still a nice read a_thumbs.gif

It proves in a simple way that while almost all Hinata ----> Naruto moments are romantic, i.e. Hinata does something because she likes Naruto, Naruto ----> Hinata moments happen clearly NOT because of his romantic feelings towards her. It's just so obvious.

I'll be sure to recommend it to anyone if I want to prove NH's not canon, because you're points are 100% objective.

#15 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

That is a great post, Slexterm XD

These are all the NH moment interactions in the manga and shows Naruto being friend to Hinata like with his other friends.
This post should be seen by the fans who were worried biggrin.gif

#16 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I agree with everyone else here, that is an amazing post haha, must have taken a considerable amount of time to find everything, kudos to you smile.gif

#17 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Amazing post, Slextrem. I can tell you put a lot of effort in it! happy.gif

And I agree 100%. Part 1 was strictly platonic. Even though he didn't know her feelings, Naruto never liked her like that in the entire first series. I can't believe some NaruHina fans see the Blood Vow and "I really like ... people like you!" as him having romantic feelings for her. facepalm.png It just wasn't there. Naruto never blushed at Hinata or thought of her in a romantic light. Really the basic relationship was the coach cheering on the "no confidence" student (Ironically, the NH relationship still mostly seems like that, outside of 615). It was one-sided. The NaruSaku interactions were the same way. Same as SS and NH. They need to accept that at some point.

Part 2 is the game changer. In some way or another, Kishimoto is developing a relationship to become canon. That much most of us know. SS's already dead and in the ground at this point. There's no way that's gonna be the end pairing. Now it's NH vs. NS. Moments like the unfinished sentence, the hug, the flirting she did with Naruto in the beginning, it could easily be the foreshadowing of Sakura starting to love Naruto. It's not forced and it makes sense. I suppose you could count Kiba's comment to Naruto as possible NH foreshadowing but the reality is that the outcome would be forced. Nothing else displayed Naruto having feelings for her. It seems to me that NaruHina is the red herring, not NaruSaku. If it was a red herring, then it would be the most over-the-top red herring ever. Too many panels have been drawn and written for it to seem like a red herring. NH could and it wouldn't be very surprising nor a head scratcher.

Basically, thanks for doing this! It once again highlights how ridiculous and random a NH ending would be. I haven't been worried since 616 but your analysis strengthened why I think like this. biggrin.gif

I suddenly have the urge to do this with the Naruto/Sakura & Sasuke/Sakura relationship. While SS wouldn't take very long I'm sure, a NaruSaku version would take me forever. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 20 January 2013 - 03:45 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

naruto feeling will not change eventhough it has the oportunity to do it.

the concern of narusaku fan today is no approach from naruto in part 2 it is all from sakura>>>naruto.
while in part one it is naruto>>>sakura.

what i understand kishi didn't make naruto response to sakura (aside from his promise) is it will become auto cannon.

#19 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I know there are logical NaruHina fans out there and even on this site, but I really have just one major question, one absolute one,

How and just how did the whole comparison between Minato and Hinata come from?

I can understand Kushina for one point (being kidnapped by the cloud village, and being from a clan, but then again the cloud was always obsessed with becoming the strongest nation I mean they had the SOT6P artifacts and tried to get Kurama once)

But Minato and Hinata? WTF? This has nothing to do with pairings either, I mean when most of us see the short background for Minato and Kushina its obvious how the early relation and events occurred for them like Naruto and Sakura, nothing pairing oriented, its because THESE THINGS HAPPENED.

Kushina hated Minato as Sakura hated Naruto
Both Kushina and Sakura had a feature they hated (red hair and forehead)
Both have violent tempers
Both shout some pharse when excited (naruto does too but that was inherted, just Sakura has been the only other character with any sort of pharse aside from naruto in the whole series)
Both Minato and Naruto liked the feature of the girl who initially did not like them.
Both were bullied (mainly in the manga, these things happened in the manga, Hinata was bullied but that was an anime filler)
Both were rescued in a very same sequence (this I admit stretches it a bit but both still have the blond saving the woman they liked from an enemy uchiha, it was kurama for Minato and Kushina but he was controlled by obito, Kurama was just a weapon in this case)

These were mainly all the things that happened IN THE MANGA. THESE EVENTS RAN PARALLEL FOR MINATO AND KUSHINA JUST AS THEY DID NARUTO AND SAKURA. THIS IS NOT SOME BAISED BS, THIS IS NOT BECAUSE THIS IS A NARUSAKU SITE, ITS THERE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.

Please for any logical fans of any pairings or not, you know this as much as I do, this stuff all happened and you know it, I know it, its like how the 3 states of matter each have a properties which are definite, nothing like this save the kidnapping happened to hinata (and the kidnapping is the only thing that is similar cause that was in the manga)

Now I hear time and time again Hinata = Minato, just how? I see these events with Minato and Kushina, I see what happened to Naruto and Sakura, its not how its set up, its rather because their background story is so limited and in that limited time, about 85% of it is just plain parallel with Naruto and Sakura rather than Hinata.

People say Hinata is like Minato, I say just HOW?

Minato was not from a clan Hinata was (but this makes no difference, Minato because greatly powerful)
Minato was calm, collected, a genius, spoke his mind, always had confidence Hinata was shy, had no confidence, was no prodigy considering even her own father favored Hinabi.
If Hinata was like Minato, wouldn't Hinata have had more confidence? Couldn't she have been some highly skilled ninja earlier?
For Hinata to be like Minato, did Minato ever stalk or follow Kushina, no. Minato did not make Kushina his goal, Hokage was his goal for everyone not Kushina, he just fell in love with Kushina as time moved on.
If Hinata was like Minato, for Naruto to be like Kushina in this sense, was Naruto ever embarrassed about a physical feature? no

These are just a few samples but I'm sure there are more arguements for Hinata being like Minato some people could provide me with, but as far as I see it, it does not add up, the Sakura/Kushina ones above at least exist in the manga, what parallel events did Hinata have with Minato for naruto and Kushina rather than the ones we definitely see in the manga (Naruto/Minato with Sakura/Kushina)

Some of the response I've seen just blew my brain out clearing all rationality at times, merely making me think, "are you honestly confusing fanfiction works or drugs with what the author chooses?" Sorry if that sounds offensive but that's just what I thought at times for listening to the rabid NaruHina fans (not all are bad only the illogical ones)

Hell for NaruSaku, at this point we could add our own dumb reasons, yet those dumb reasons actually exist, because they are as they were designed? Want a few pointless NaruSaku comparisons with Minato and Kushina? Here they are:

Naruto's parents have blond hair and red hair
Sakura's parents have pink hair and blond hair
See the color similarites?
Both parents of Naruto and Sakura have a name beginning with M or K, (Minato and Mubiki) (Kizashi and Kushina)
Minato was not from a clan neither is Sakura
Sakura is very intelligent like Minato, she could also be considered a prodigy medic ninja for advancing so fast under tsunade.

JUST SEE HOW DUMB THAT ALL SOUNDS? This stuff actually exists (the whole sakura parent parts do count cause Kishi made them and they are canon characters) yet you don't see NaruSaku fans actually attributing it to this do you? See how fing dumb that is? The Minato/Kushina background with Naruto/Sakura, the similarties which actually occur, are reasons enough and logically could be understood why they are compared, but please someone explain to me the logic of Hinata being like Minato?

The only genin I really see being like Minato is Neji rather, Neji earned his right, he could have become leader of the sidebranch clan, Minato had nothing at first but earned the right to hokage. Both were prodigies, genuies, skilled, confident, and had the odds stacked against them (many doubted Minato, Neji being a side branch was bound by a duty).

Please before I lose more rationaity and patience to those fans, can some fan please explain to me on a logical level, how Minato and Hinata are alike, tell me something in a way we can see how its like we can see similarities from the Sakura/Kushina side,

Edited by Inferno180, 20 January 2013 - 04:14 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#20 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I think the reason NaruHina fans like to say that Minato= Hinata is because that they're both quiet individuals. But the big difference is that Minato is so much more confident than Hinata. He didn't need a crush (Kushina) to build up his own confidence, he had it on his own. You could see it when Minato stood up in class and expressed his dream to be Hokage. He wasn't obnoxious or loud-mouthed like Naruto can be but he sounded and looked confident. Can you imagine Hinata saying that to everyone? "My dream is to be acknowledged by my father, lead the Clan, and be acknowledged by Naruto-kun. Maybe even win his heart!" I see her blushing and shriveling under the pressure. Minato is usually always confident, even in a crisis. Hinata is only confident and outspoken in a crisis. Usually when she sucks confidence from Naruto.

Minato & Hinata= quiet people. I will give them that. But does one similiarity give them? Is that really enough to parallel her to Minato? I don't understand that. For *insert random character* and *insert another character*, they have to have a handful of similiar qualities for something to even be a parallel. By that logic, it's like saying this: "Ino is loud-mouthed. Naruto is too. Parallel." It's simply not enough. If Minato was a quiet, studdering mess who gave up all the time, then sure. Hinata=Minato. That is not the way Kishi wrote him. There is no outright parallel to Hinata.

To some, NaruHina= MinaKushi. This is a very vague parallel. The only thing I can see is that Minato never bothered her with his crush on her all the time like Naruto does with Sakura. He kept mostly to himself, like Hinata. While Kushina had an urge to make fun of him when he said he'd be Hokage, there isn't proof she actually expressed it to him. She didn't like him but she ignored him. Sort of like Naruto with Hinata, though he didn't actually dislike her like Kushina did with Minato. (" Hinata Hyuga: "A weirdo who always looks away when I say something. A shy, dark girl." -Naruto). NaruSaku is the more obvious parallel, however. Kushina didn't like Minato, she eventually changed her opinion and fell in love with him (Sakura to Naruto, you could argue). Minato loved the trait she hated about herself. So did Naruto with Sakura's forehead. MinaKushi= NaruSaku parallel. If it wasn't clear enough, Kishimoto specifically compared the two in the 6th movie as Naruto and Sakura being the 2nd generation MinaKushi. Don't see him doing that with NaruHina.

I truly have no idea how this Minato= Hinata concept started waving itself around in the fandom. To be honest, I actually feel like Sakura is more like Minato than Hinata. But she's like Kushina, too. She's the stronger parallel compared to Minato (Naruto=Kushina --> Naruto= Sakura --> Kushina= Sakura). I actually see a healthy balance of Minato/Kushina traits in both Naruto and Sakura. Neither of them is "pure Kushina" or "pure Minato".

Naruto's similiar traits to Minato:
- Confident in his own strength
- Obstinate/utterly determined (Stated once by Jiraiya)
- Share the same dream of being Hokage
- Friendly and agreeable
Naruto's similiar traits to Kushina:
- Playful/Easy-going
- Loves pranks
- Bad Academy grades
- Loud-mouthed
- Hot-headed
- Stubborn/set in his own ways
- Impatient
- Both say similiar verbal tics like 'Dattebayo' and 'Dattebane'.

Obviously Naruto's more dominant personality is like Kushina's but he has some strong Minato qualities in him as well. happy.gif

Sakura's similiar traits to Minato:
- Level-headed/Logical
- Intelligent
- Stubborn/Determined
- Outspoken about own opinions
Sakura's similiar traits to Kushina:
- Has a fondness for pranks or jokes
- Bad-tempered and easily annoyed/punches others if angered
- Hates to lose (Confirmed in Databook)
- Was teased over a physical feature and hated it (*note: Kushina punched the bullies, Sakura cried over it)
- Would do absolutely anything for Naruto
- Both have a verbal tic: Sakura's 'Shannaro' when angry or excited
- Tomboyish
- Stubborn/fixed in her own beliefs
- Good at arguing and usually win them (MK=NS parallel lol)

*Once again, it seems Sakura's personality has a lot more in common with Kushina than she does with Minato. Both of them are just the smart, strategic people. tongue.gif

Anyhow, Sakura has much more in common with Minato than Hinata does. But it doesn't matter pairing-wise anyway and I'm not gonna sit and pretend it does (*looks to some NH fans* a_shifty.gif). Kushina said "find a girl like your mother". Really, the only thing that matters is if Hinata is like Kushina. And no, it can't be argued that Kushina thought Naruto would turn out like Minato. Even if that's true, she still said the same thing after seeing Naruto's personality: find a girl like your mom. And just to drive my point, I'll try and compare Hinata to Naruto's parents:

Hinata's similiarities to Minato:
- Quiet (*note: She's unconfident, Minato's not)
- Agreeable/Friendly
- Never openly pestered her crush with her own feelings
Hinata's similiarites to Kushina:
- Would do absolutely anything for Naruto, even risk her own life
- Kidnapped by Kumo ninja
- Doesn't like to lose (*note: She gives up more easier than Kushina, however)

Now to do the math:

Naruto= Minato: 6
Sakura= Minato: 6
Hinata= Minato: 3
Naruto= Kushina: 9
Sakura= Kushina: 9
Hinata= Kushina: 3

I think I have my answer. rolleyes.gif

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 20 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users