• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

I've been raging about a problem I face using Opera lately, and I'm sure it's not the browser that's at fault so there has to be something with my computer. When browsing images on photobucket, the images rarely load at all, unless I refresh the page until it shows up. That's pretty damn annoying, and I'm usually using other browsers with photobucket, even when Opera is still my main one. I'm using version 10.50 now, updated two days ago, and the problem didn't disappear, even if I deleted Opera completely before I re-installed the browser. I've tried cleaning my cache as well as cookies, and my virus program/spy-ware progs won't find anything that helps either.

Any tech-savvy Narutard able to guide me on the right path? If you suggest I swap browsers... kindly go and burn!

#2 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

1st, does it work with other browsers at all?

#3 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

I think that if the photos don't load as fast as it should on other browsers, then it might not be the browser's fault but the fault of a) your ISP or b) the PhotoBucket server.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#4 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

firefoxtard here!
is your problem is like this, king vyse? --Click here to view--

if so, then nah it's photobutt's server. I've had the same problem for as long as i can remember. Although i will admit that PB was pretty good for browsing images a few years ago, but now all i can remember from it's browsing function is that it is very rageworthy.

the only thing i do to fix it is speed-refresh 2 times, then float over the empty space with my mouse and then see the image like that.

update:
you know that image up there? i did that for the sake of this thread, so it was like 5 seconds ago i took it. w/ this in mind, as i was trying out different searches i came up with the same results: THEY ALL WERE SHOWING UP.

what scorcery is this!? before it wouldn't show the majority of the images and now alluva sudden 95% of them show on a 9.5 out of 10 point scale chance. Heck there's a success rate of 99% that all of them will show perfectly and quickly.

...i don't know what to tell ya KV, it wasn't working before and now it's working brilliantly. Maybe photobucket has stepped up it's game or something. Maybe the update for the fox helped it. Maybe you need to switch browsers mwahah test it again? hm.png

#5 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Do you have Opera Turbo turned on? *is using Opera 10.50 right now*
Photobucket works fine for me, and I use Opera 10.50 on both my computers. It works normally on both. I use Windows Vista and Windows 7 (mostly 7; the Vista is my dad's so I have no true choice what OS to use when I'm over at his house). If you're using Windows XP maybe that's why? Opera doesn't run as well on XP from what I hear because its not as new as Vista or 7.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 16 March 2010 - 11:27 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#6 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

Well, for me I run Opera 10.50 sometimes and sometimes is because I get an error with facebook that prevents it from loading. That's why I switched to Firefox, however, there are also problems with FF too. What I think might be is that the Photobucket server might have a server fart. Again, I advise at looking at some other browser's results to see if its Opera/Firefox's fault, then go to the ISP level by checking other people and what they get and then finally checking if its really Photobucket's fault.

And by the way, I barely understood krisk, so if anyone would kindly translate her for me, it would be nice hehe.

Edited by Pite, 17 March 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#7 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Mar 16 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, for me I run Opera 10.50 sometimes and sometimes is because I get an error with facebook that prevents it from loading. That's why I switched to Firefox, however, there are also problems with FF too. What I think might be is that the Photobucket server might have a server fart. Again, I advise at looking at some other browser's results to see if its Opera/Firefox's fault, then go to the ISP level by checking other people and what they get and then finally checking if its really Photobucket's fault.

And by the way, I barely understood krisk, so if anyone would kindly translate her for me, it would be nice hehe.

Yeah I used to use Firefox 3.6 but as soon as I used Opera 10.50 I ditched it XD Opera just has so much more speed and personalization options. Another thing is every time I use Firefox and I play Naruto Arena, Soul Arena, or any of those, the main browser slows down by a lot. No other browser I use does that. So, that said, Opera was my choice.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#8 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

Well, for me I traded speed for stability with Java heavy programs hehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users