Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1514 replies to this topic

#1061 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Chi Chi is kind of similiar to that chinese/japanese culture where they drill their kids to become better at school for a decent degree. I feel like she always represented that kind of woman no one really likes but everyone endures because she is actually scary.

I never liked that about her. Thats why I always felt that Bulma would be better. Shes pretty chill, and Gohan (or Trunks or Bra, whoever their child is), would most definitely be stronger than he already was. I just like Goku and Bulmas dynamic.

Edited by winter-serenade, 23 March 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#1062 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

I never liked that about her. Thats why I always felt that Bulma would be better. Shes pretty chill, and Gohan (or Trunks or Bra, whoever their child is), would most definitely be stronger than he already was. I just like Goku and Bulmas dynamic.

You have to wonder how Bulma felt when Chi Chi guilted Goku into marrying her. She had just seen him in a new light for the first time since she said he was handsome now. But she never even got a chance. And the presence of Yamcha would have stopped her from acting on Goku's behalf.

Because you know that if Bulma had told him not to marry her, he wouldn't have. He thought Bulma knew everything. And he would hurt Chi Chi before he hurt Bulma.

It's unfortunate. She could've built him a gravity chamber early on.

#1063 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

You have to wonder how Bulma felt when Chi Chi guilted Goku into marrying her. She had just seen him in a new light for the first time since she said he was handsome now. But she never even got a chance. And the presence of Yamcha would have stopped her from acting on Goku's behalf.

Because you know that if Bulma had told him not to marry her, he wouldn't have. He thought Bulma knew everything. And he would hurt Chi Chi before he hurt Bulma.

It's unfortunate. She could've built him a gravity chamber early on.

In Super when they were fighting Goku Black and Zamasu, there's a part where Vegeta overhears Bulma telling Trunks and Goten that the person she basically trusts to get things done is Goku and not her husband. That's how special of a relationship that Goku and Bulma have.

Edited by jak123, 24 March 2018 - 03:59 PM.

#1064 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:07 AM

But the reason I never felt heartbroken about Bulma/Vegeta and Chi Chi/Goku is that even though they are married, they still behave like normal friends around each other. Can't say that about SasuSaku and NaruHina, though.  :ermm: 

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#1065 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

Bulma and Goku....yet another of my ships that was never given the okay to set sail. How bad is my luck with my ships?!

That aside, Bulma and Goku always intrigued me just because Dragonball set them up so well. I don't understand what it is with these people not taking the good pairing when it is literally sitting there right in front of them, just begging to be taken. Taiora, Harry/Hermione, NaruSaku, Goku/Bulma...the list is just endless. I hope Deku and Uraraka don't get added to that list, they're my current OTP.

#1066 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

Bulma and Goku....yet another of my ships that was never given the okay to set sail. How bad is my luck with my ships?!

That aside, Bulma and Goku always intrigued me just because Dragonball set them up so well. I don't understand what it is with these people not taking the good pairing when it is literally sitting there right in front of them, just begging to be taken. Taiora, Harry/Hermione, NaruSaku, Goku/Bulma...the list is just endless. I hope Deku and Uraraka don't get added to that list, they're my current OTP.

Yeah, Tai and Sora had the best chemistry aside from TK and Kairi (who also should have gotten together, but didn't). Her liking Matt out of nowhere was dumb as kitten.

I read that Hermione and Harry was supposed to end game, but Rowling said it herself that she got lazy. Apparently in book 7 when Harry and Hermione are alone after Ron abandons them, they dance together and at that point it makes them realize their feelings. Just look at that moment in the movie, it's way too kittening intimate for them to supposedly be in love with other people. They have so many moments throughout the 7 books. My favorite is when she was the most concerned about him fighting the dragon.

I'd add Natsu and Lucy from Fairy Tail. Another great shounen manga bogged down by a terrible last arc. All the couples you'd expect to get together do EXCEPT Natsu and Lucy who he randomly kittening friendzones at the end. People were so pissed off about that considering how much they were built up the entire manga. It also disappointed me because the author has shown he can do romance. His previous title Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master) is one of my favorite shounen manga and has one of the best main couples and one of my favorites, Haru and Elle.

Yeah, I'm gonna be super disappointed if Deku and Uraraka don't get together in the end. I was okay with her having that revelation that she needs to "seal away" her feelings for him so that doesn't interfere with them becoming heroes, but those feelings better come back and they get together as adults with many babies.

#1067 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

I read that Hermione and Harry was supposed to end game, but Rowling said it herself that she got lazy. Apparently in book 7 when Harry and Hermione are alone after Ron abandons them, they dance together and at that point it makes them realize their feelings. Just look at that moment in the movie, it's way too kittening intimate for them to supposedly be in love with other people. They have so many moments throughout the 7 books. My favorite is when she was the most concerned about him fighting the dragon.

It is actually a lot like the SS debacle if you think about it. Ron treated her like kitten for 6 books, then to cap it all off he abandoned them. That was the getting genjutsu stabbed moment. And still she ends up with Ron. You have to wonder why these authors are so kittening sadistic.

#1068 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

It is actually a lot like the SS debacle if you think about it. Ron treated her like kitten for 6 books, then to cap it all off he abandoned them. That was the getting genjutsu stabbed moment. And still she ends up with Ron. You have to wonder why these authors are so kittening sadistic.

Well, Hermione was always at odds with him as well. They never had any sort of growth towards a relationship unlike her and Harry and then all of a sudden she's in love with Ron. Same goes with Harry and Ginny. He had more development with Cho Chang who kinda just disappears from the story. Hell, Harry had more development with Luna than he ever did with Ginny who was the blandest background character ever.

#1069 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:16 AM

Well, Hermione was always at odds with him as well. They never had any sort of growth towards a relationship unlike her and Harry and then all of a sudden she's in love with Ron. Same goes with Harry and Ginny. He had more development with Cho Chang who kinda just disappears from the story. Hell, Harry had more development with Luna than he ever did with Ginny who was the blandest background character ever.

It's also kinda disgusting because Harry was indebted to the Weasleys for being this kind of surrogate family. So he just marries their bland daughter. It's not an inspiring romance at all. It's very much "Okay, it's time to move on with life and do what everyone expects of me." It's boring, and Hermione didn't even have that reason. She just decides to be with this guy who pisses her off more than Draco Malfoy.

#1070 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:35 AM

It's also kinda disgusting because Harry was indebted to the Weasleys for being this kind of surrogate family. So he just marries their bland daughter. It's not an inspiring romance at all. It's very much "Okay, it's time to move on with life and do what everyone expects of me." It's boring, and Hermione didn't even have that reason. She just decides to be with this guy who pisses her off more than Draco Malfoy.

And it wasn't even one of those love-hate relationships you see in romance stories. If Harry wasn't there, Ron and Hermione would have NEVER interacted.

#1071 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

And it wasn't even one of those love-hate relationships you see in romance stories. If Harry wasn't there, Ron and Hermione would have NEVER interacted.

It was supposed to be, but JKR didn't know what the hell she was doing. The idea is that they just ACT like they hate each other, but they really find each other endearing. Not that they ACTUALLY hate certain traits that the other person has, yet put up with them anyway for no reason.

#1072 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

THIS. This so much. It likens to SS in that regard. Harry is to Ron and Hermione what Naruto is to Sasuke and Sakura. Without them being present in some capacity, neither pairing happens.

#1073 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, Tai and Sora had the best chemistry aside from TK and Kairi (who also should have gotten together, but didn't). Her liking Matt out of nowhere was dumb as kitten.

I'd add Natsu and Lucy from Fairy Tail. Another great shounen manga bogged down by a terrible last arc. All the couples you'd expect to get together do EXCEPT Natsu and Lucy who he randomly kittening friendzones at the end. People were so pissed off about that considering how much they were built up the entire manga. It also disappointed me because the author has shown he can do romance. His previous title Groove Adventure Rave (Rave Master) is one of my favorite shounen manga and has one of the best main couples and one of my favorites, Haru and Elle.

Yeah, I'm gonna be super disappointed if Deku and Uraraka don't get together in the end. I was okay with her having that revelation that she needs to "seal away" her feelings for him so that doesn't interfere with them becoming heroes, but those feelings better come back and they get together as adults with many babies.

Except he didn't.   According to the Japanese fanbase, the original meaning of his response to Lucy about them being together was him reciprocating her feelings. And Hiro Mashima is still making "grafitti" art on his Twitter depicting them as a couple, as well as Nashi (who he states is Lucy and Natsu's daughter). Since he's advocating the strong possibility of a sequel series, we'll probably see the two of them as official once he gets around to it(or just confirms it at his next Comic Con).

Edited by Kagomaru, 25 March 2018 - 02:53 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1074 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Except he didn't.   According to the Japanese fanbase, the original meaning of his response to Lucy about them being together was him reciprocating her feelings. And Hiro Mashima is still making "grafitti" art on his Twitter depicting them as a couple, as well as Nashi (who he states is Lucy and Natsu's daughter). Since he's advocating the strong possibility of a sequel series, we'll probably see the two of them as official once he gets around to it(or just confirms it at his next Comic Con).

Really? Awesome. I guess this is an example of "lost in translation" where people outside of Japan saw it as him friend-zoning her. I'm glad that's not the case considering all the development they had.

Edited by jak123, 25 March 2018 - 02:56 PM.

#1075 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

What really surprises me is the amount of Romione shippers. Did I miss something and they have actual chemistry?

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#1076 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

Really? Awesome. I guess this is an example of "lost in translation" where people outside of Japan saw it as him friend-zoning her. I'm glad that's not the case considering all the development they had.

I've seen  three different english translations regarding his response to Lucy after her semi-confession, so yeah, it's one of those cases. Though honestly, I think it has more to do with a reactionary judgment from the fans that were angry that Natsu ruined the romantic atmosphere and the anticipated kiss by being his oblivious self, and so the implications of his response just flew over some people's heads while they were fuming. I mean, Mashima is still shipping them like crazy through his artwork (seriously, the man has at least two or more NaLu illustrations that he puts out *per day*, and I can vouch for this since I follow him on Twitter) and confirmed that their daughter (as well as Grey and Juvia's son) exists - he was even the one who came up with her name years ago when a fan asked him what kind of name Natsu and Lucy would give to their child.  

Edited by Kagomaru, 25 March 2018 - 03:17 PM.

#1077 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

I've seen at least three different translations regarding his response to Lucy after her semi-confession, so yeah, it's one of those cases. Though honestly, I think it has more to do with a reactionary judgment from the fans that were angry that Natsu ruined the romantic atmosphere and the anticipated kiss by being himself, and so the implications of his response just flew over some people's heads while they were fuming. I mean, Mashima is still shipping them like crazy through his artwork (seriously, the man has at least two or more NaLu illustrations that he puts out *per day*, and I can vouch for this since I follow him on Twitter) and confirmed that their daughter (as well as Grey and Juvia's son) exists - he was even the one who came up with her name years ago.  

Well, I look forward to a sequel then if one does happen. 

#1078 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

Short Anime, but the shipping is good for your health. Like a shipping that becomes canon in early time well this is it.

Ikki and Stella.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1079 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Short Anime, but the shipping is good for your health. Like a shipping that becomes canon in early time well this is it.

Ikki and Stella.

I really wish they would do a season 2 of that because the Seven Star Festival was great.

#1080 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:25 AM

Ikki and Stella.

Ditto.  I thought we would have to wait until the novels ended before they hooked up, but they got together as soon as they realized that they loved one another. It's good to see a couple that isn't oblivious and doesn't stall its development for the sake of needless tension unlike a certain other pairing.

15538249_1775244819465043_23790055823727

Ya hear that, Sadao and Emi!   You guys are at the point where neither of you can deny it, so get together already and give Alas some demon/angel/human hybrid siblings to play with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users