• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

O_k who buy this story?

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 17 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O_k who buy this story?

I buy it.

#3 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

Well, I might buy it if he really does have a sleep disorder but who knows maybe he was faking.

JLHza2T.png

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

Cloud, That funny.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

I believe it, because I almost did it myself once. I was having a nightmare that I was being chased by a murder and in the dream I dreamed I fought back. In real life, I was choking my mom nearly to death.

It has been a joke in my family, but it makes me worried about myself a little.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Remember, people. We're the species that created the nuclear bomb, the concept of dieties and subsequent excuse of vile acts in the name of such. We're not below sleep-walking-killing. Not at all.

#7 Choji

Choji

Professional Teddy Bear x3

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Ask! ; 3<br /><br />I don't bite..........hard xD

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Back in highschool, we learned in Psychology of a man who actually drove to his in-law's, broke in, and killed them, all whilst sleepwalking.

And he didn't go to jail for it.

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

He wasn't sleeping walking, he suffers from REM Behavior Disorder that lead to him strangling his wife.

Claiming that it was because of a dream wouldn't seem right as sleep walking occurs during the 3rd-4th stage of the sleep cycle when a person doesn't typically have dreams. During stage 5 (REM) sleep you have high brain activity leading to some muscle movement but for most people you are in a state of total paralysis keeping your body from moving, but in his case his nerves over powered and allowed him to carry out his dream.

Of course I don't have his patient history or the author felt that sleep walking would be a more familiar term to use rather than REM BD, but from the information provided in the article this is what I can discern.

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Thanks True, for the right disorder.

#10 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

TrueExpert. pictureem0.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (True @ Nov 18 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He wasn't sleeping walking, he suffers from REM Behavior Disorder that lead to him strangling his wife.

Claiming that it was because of a dream wouldn't seem right as sleep walking occurs during the 3rd-4th stage of the sleep cycle when a person doesn't typically have dreams. During stage 5 (REM) sleep you have high brain activity leading to some muscle movement but for most people you are in a state of total paralysis keeping your body from moving, but in his case his nerves over powered and allowed him to carry out his dream.

Of course I don't have his patient history or the author felt that sleep walking would be a more familiar term to use rather than REM BD, but from the information provided in the article this is what I can discern.

Nice use of Wikipedia.

Sleep-walking is a lot like day-dreaming. I don;t know the science behind it, but practically I will explain. Automatism is something close to day-dreaming, but that is the disorder caused by a seizure

A real day-dreamer will just go into a dream like state, while awake, and lose all conscious of reality. They will dream and act out that dream believing they are there. Chances are we have all done this at least one so it's nothing special. It is the mind creating a reality.

Sleep-walking is sort of the same, but most of the time it is not the dream you're body is acting, but actual activities you do habitually. Actions that take very little brain function to do because you are so used to doing it it becomes natural. I have seen people literally sleep walk around the house saying "clean it up" constantly.

We also have people who talk in their sleep, yet have no dreams correlating to it. This is a habit my whole families, but me. Which is odd.

I think another type of sleep walking is actual living a moment in the dream. Your body acts on instinct. Again I have seen cases like that in which they had a dream and their body reacted naturally as though they perceive the dream to be real.

Ummm....for this case I would have to see what the action was. If it was an action where it was spontaneous and it was the body reacting to what it thinks was danger, then yes it would be sleepwalking.

If his body "somehow," made up a plan to kill her, then now it would not be sleep-walking because as much as I would believe. Complexity would be impossible for a mind that is out of it. Simplicity of a simple punching or choking or even icking up a blunt object and thwacking someone with it, would be more believable.

That is my opinion anyway.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:27 AM

Brah I'm an economics and psychology major (4th year). Forgive me for knowing my field of study.

#13 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (True @ Nov 18 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brah I'm an economics and psychology major (4th year). Forgive me for knowing my field of study.

Dr. Phil-kun wow.png <3

#14 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:25 AM

Forgive True for knowing his field of study. True is not the regular poster here, who relies heavily on Wikipedia.

So sorry. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (True @ Nov 18 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw that ok True ^^

Can we call you Doctor True?

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

Let's just stick on topic, please.

This interested me (although, I am a heavy sleeper, I know I don't sleepwalk because I basically sleep like a log.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users