54175 replies to this topic

#10301 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

From a strictly romance perspective, I can see how that scene showed Hinata's strength, but over all I felt it showed her weakness, her inability to plan, coordinate, to figure out a way to get Naruto out of the situation.  I just simply refuse to reduce Hinata to just a "romantic fodder" role so I have to analyze is from a complete perspective.

Yeah, but at this point, it's just a moment. Kishi really don't seem to push in a real sense anymore, rather making her into a whole, rather than an individual. I mean for Naruto, for Hinata she can think whatever she wants, nothing would change.

#10302 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'm in the opinion that Naruto should at least address Hinata's confession. A girl sacrificed her life to save the boy she was in love with for years, and has done the same with a stronger determination during the war as well. If anything, her feelings have grown stronger since the confession, to the point that her life's purpose is centered around being next to Naruto. 

Naruto may not be interested in her, but as a friend, he should at least let her know where she stands so she can move on and focus on bettering herself or leading the clan. It's obvious she can't do that herself unlike Naruto, Sakura, Ino, or Rock Lee who strive to develop themselves regardless of their love interest. 

I don't hate Hinata, and I feel pity that her life revolves around a guy who doesn't return the same feelings back to her. And I'm not saying Naruto should do this because he was confessed by her, but rather because she is his friend. As a friend, I think he should help her before she drowns herself in this endless pit. 

But that's only my opinion.

And I think people are highly misguided on what the term 'asexual' actually means, :confused: uninterested and asexual are two completely different things. As for Sasuke's thank you to Sakura, I don't see it as "thank you for loving me", so much as "thank you, but I don't feel the same way".

Completely agree.

And thanks for your explanation on asexual. People have constantly been calling me asexual and it has been bugging me because I feel it's not true. Uninterested=/=Asexual. 

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#10303 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

I'm in the opinion that Naruto should at least address Hinata's confession. A girl sacrificed her life to save the boy she was in love with for years, and has done the same with a stronger determination during the war as well. If anything, her feelings have grown stronger since the confession, to the point that her life's purpose is centered around being next to Naruto. 

Naruto may not be interested in her, but as a friend, he should at least let her know where she stands so she can move on and focus on bettering herself or leading the clan. It's obvious she can't do that herself unlike Naruto, Sakura, Ino, or Rock Lee who strive to develop themselves regardless of their love interest. 

I don't hate Hinata, and I feel pity that her life revolves around a guy who doesn't return the same feelings back to her. And I'm not saying Naruto should do this because he was confessed by her, but rather because she is his friend. As a friend, I think he should help her before she drowns herself in this endless pit. 

But that's only my opinion.

Completely agree.

And thanks for your explanation on asexual. People have constantly been calling me asexual and it has been bugging me because I feel it's not true. Uninterested=/=Asexual. 

he acknowledged that she saved him, so it's not like he's done nothing. the problem is that Hinata only knows Naruto as an observer. they've had like 2 conversations in the entire manga, so there's no way they could get together. that said, Naruto has almost no experience when it comes to romance. He was involved with the fight against pain and then distracted by Sasuke becoming an international criminal. After that he was confessed to by Sakura, which he was rightfully suspicious about. Then reunion, then the shinobi war. 

To put it simply, Naruto's been through a lot recently so it's understandable that he didn't have time to properly address things like Hinata's confession.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10304 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

he acknowledged that she saved him, so it's not like he's done nothing. the problem is that Hinata only knows Naruto as an observer. they've had like 2 conversations in the entire manga, so there's no way they could get together. that said, Naruto has almost no experience when it comes to romance. He was involved with the fight against pain and then distracted by Sasuke becoming an international criminal. After that he was confessed to by Sakura, which he was rightfully suspicious about. Then reunion, then the shinobi war. 

To put it simply, Naruto's been through a lot recently so it's understandable that he didn't have time to properly address things like Hinata's confession.

I don't mean that he should to address the confession now. By the end of the manga is fine. Also, I know that Naruto has been through a lot but didn't he have time to play with Konohamaru before he went to see the Raikage?

But then again, as you say "thank you" may be an answer enough. Sakura->Sasuke confession ended with a "thank you" from Sasuke's side, Rock Lee->Sakura confession ended with a "thank you" from Sakura's side as well. The acknowledgement AND lack of romantic replications in the response "thank you" might be Kishi's way of turning one down, but in a satisfying gentle manner. 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 23 October 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#10305 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

I don't mean that he should to address the confession now. By the end of the manga is fine. Also, I know that Naruto has been through a lot but didn't he have time to play with Konohamaru before he went to see the Raikage?

But then again, as you say "thank you" may be an answer enough. Sakura->Sasuke confession ended with a "thank you" from Sasuke's side, Rock Lee->Sakura confession ended with a "thank you" from Sakura's side as well. The acknowledgement AND lack of romantic replications in the response "thank you" might be Kishi's way of turning one down, but in a satisfying gentle manner. 

Well I'm happy to have helped you come to that conclusion, but if what you say is true then when do you think Hinata will stop pursuing Naruto?

If NaruSaku becomes canon early then Hinata might accept defeat and wish Naruto a happy life.

There's also the possibility that she'll realize how much Naruto loves Sakura before NS becomes canon and choose to stop pursuing him then.

Naruto could also flat out say to Hinata that he doesn't feel the same way.

Personally I think all of those are possible at this point. For all we know Kishi could think he's already resolved this and that he doesn't need to do anything else with Hinata. Still, I think the best way would be for Naruto to go directly to Hinata and tell her the truth. It's more in character for him and the most respectful to Hinata. The other possibilities just seem like Naruto avoiding the issue.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10306 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

I really don't think that Naruto should address the confession, as has been pointed out it has been indirectly addressed, and honestly I think it would be kind of cruel.  I think about the times I've been in Hinata's situation, that my friends have been, I think about when I'd been in Naruto's situation, I think it would be pretty arrogant for Naruto to bring up the fact that Hinata confessed to him, that Hinata loves him/has a crush on him.  If Hinata brings it up again, and asks that they discuss it or clear the air, that's one thing.  But I'm not sure it would be appropriate for Naruto to bring it up just to reject her, especially since he has acknowledged her, since he has already established that he appreciates her role in his life, and that he does care about her.  If Hinata brings it up, it's one thing, if she doesn't I don't think that Naruto should (though I can understand why some disagree with me).

And while I'm far from a Hinata fan, I actually do think she and Naruto could be really good friends.  I think Naruto has quite a bit to offer her and I think she has a lot to offer him (as friends).  Having said that, before I can see them as actual viable friends I would need for Hinata to work through her feelings for Naruto, and I would need her to realize that she has her own strength.  It's one thing to be in awe of Naruto, it's one thing to be inspired by Naruto, but as of now Hinata takes it to another level.  I'm not saying that her admiration for Naruto needs to decrease, just that her faith in herself increase.  If she doesn't begin believing in herself, and if she doesn't work through her feelings for Naruto, I can just imagine how difficult it would be for her to maintain a friendship with him.  I wouldn't want that for her.

#10307 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hello everyone, I’m new here, and there are two things I would like to share with you:

1. I’d like to tell you about the French version (cause I’m FrenchJ) of the volume 59 and 60 :

·         First, in chapter 558 and 559 (you know, when Naruto saves Sakura and Hinata) from volume 59, there is one interesting thing to note. When Naruto saves Sakura, in the French version he calls her “My little Sakura”. It completely nullify the Hinata moment that everyone claimed it to be a NaruHina moment for months. Here, it shows that Sakura is the only one so dear to him; he never calls someone else like that, especially not Hinata. I know that it’s just the translation of Sakura-chan, but I found it interesting that they choose that moment for translating literally the “chan” suffix. As far as I remember, it was translated just one or two times in the overall French version of the série.

As for the chapter 559, the Hinata rescue was pretty neutral. It seemed really more friendly then some of the biased fan translation, such as the famous “It’s all in your eyes.” Which became “You’re strong; I can see it in your look/eyes.”

·         Then, in volume 60, there is chapter 574 and it really surprised me because they completely implied that there was something going on between Sasuke and Karin in the scene between Jugo and Suigetsu. Here is what Suigetsu said:

Jugo: “Why are you staying in Taka? Don’t tell try to make me believe that it’s just to tease Karin.”

Suigetsu: “Haha! Oh yes it is! The pleasure of interfere in a blossoming relationship is really…Irresistible. Separate what is just one is like cut a prey in two pieces.   

I have to say that I’m kind of confused by what he said; he clearly implied that that Karin and Sasuke are kind of an item by stating that there are in a blossoming relationship and that these two make one.

1.  I’m currently at university, and I’m learning Japanese, so I have some faculties to speak Japanese. And I’d like to say that the people who try to twist chapter 631 and the talk with Minato are really desperate. I still see people who says that Naruto understood “girl-friend” and not “girlfriend” I have to admit that it’s really funny, because the translation is really “Are you Naruto’s girlfriend?” à ナルトの彼女かな?“ 彼女Means either girlfriend or sweet heart but nothing else.  And Naruto has only responded “Something like that/ More or less” and not “If you’re splitting hair” In Japanese, it is ”そんな感じだって”à そんな (sonna) means “this kind” 感じ (kanji) means “feeling, sense or impression” and だって (datte) means “is” with a notion of quoting or it could be dattebayo but Naruto was interrupted by Sakura’s hit.  So it’s basically “It’s kind of this (feeling or impression).”

Edited by 咲耶姫, 24 October 2013 - 03:36 AM.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#10308 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hello everyone, I’m new here, and there are two things I would like to share with you:

1. I’d like to tell you about the French version (cause I’m FrenchJ) of the volume 59 and 60 :

·         First, in chapter 558 and 559 (you know, when Naruto saves Sakura and Hinata) from volume 59, there is one interesting thing to note. When Naruto saves Sakura, in the French version he calls her “My little Sakura”. It completely nullify the Hinata moment that everyone claimed it to be a NaruHina moment for months. Here, it shows that Sakura is the only one so dear to him; he never calls someone else like that, especially not Hinata. I know that it’s just the translation of Sakura-chan, but I found it interesting that they choose that moment for translating literally the “chan” suffix. As far as I remember, it was translated just one or two times in the overall French version of the série.

As for the chapter 559, the Hinata rescue was pretty neutral. It seemed really more friendly then some of the biased fan translation, such as the famous “It’s all in your eyes.” Which became “You’re strong; I can see it in your look/eyes.”

·         Then, in volume 60, there is chapter 574 and it really surprised me because they completely implied that there was something going on between Sasuke and Karin in the scene between Jugo and Suigetsu. Here is what Suigetsu said:

Jugo: “Why are you staying in Taka? Don’t tell try to make me believe that it’s just to tease Karin.”

Suigetsu: “Haha! Oh yes it is! The pleasure of interfere in a blossoming relationship is really…Irresistible. Separate what is just one is like cut a prey in two pieces.   

I have to say that I’m kind of confused by what he said; he clearly implied that that Karin and Sasuke are kind of an item by stating that there are in a blossoming relationship and that these two make one.

1.  I’m currently at university, and I’m learning Japanese, so I have some faculties to speak Japanese. And I’d like to say that the people who try to twist chapter 631 and the talk with Minato are really desperate. I still see people who says that Naruto understood “girl-friend” and not “girlfriend” I have to admit that it’s really funny, because the translation is really “Are you Naruto’s girlfriend?” à ナルトの彼女かな?“ 彼女Means either girlfriend or sweet heart but nothing else.  And Naruto has only responded “Something like that/ More or less” and not “If you’re splitting hair” In Japanese, it is ”そんな感じだった”à そんな (sonna) means “this kind” 感じ (kanji) means “feeling, sense or impression” and だった (datte) means “is” with a notion of quoting or it could be dattebayo but Naruto was interrupted by Sakura’s hit.  So it’s basically “It’s kind of this (feeling or impression).”

Wow, thank you so much for these info. It's great to hear something new from out of USA, well to me at least. Welcome to the H&E. I hope you have fun here. :D

#10309 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

1.  I’m currently at university, and I’m learning Japanese, so I have some faculties to speak Japanese. And I’d like to say that the people who try to twist chapter 631 and the talk with Minato are really desperate. I still see people who says that Naruto understood “girl-friend” and not “girlfriend” I have to admit that it’s really funny, because the translation is really “Are you Naruto’s girlfriend?” à ナルトの彼女かな?“ 彼女Means either girlfriend or sweet heart but nothing else.  And Naruto has only responded “Something like that/ More or less” and not “If you’re splitting hair” In Japanese, it is ”そんな感じだった”à そんな (sonna) means “this kind” 感じ (kanji) means “feeling, sense or impression” and だった (datte) means “is” with a notion of quoting or it could be dattebayo but Naruto was interrupted by Sakura’s hit.  So it’s basically “It’s kind of this (feeling or impression).”

For me it's dattebayo, because there's an interruption.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10310 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Je suis tres heureux de faire votre connaissance! I'm Japanese and I studied French when I was in middle school and you're from France studying Japanese in university. We should switch places  :lol:

Is your name SakuyaHime taken by Konohananosakuyahime? from the Japanese mythology? 

#10311 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

@ NaruSaku4life3g: Thank you! I'm glad you appreciated this info. 

@ Darkest: I agree. Plus, while Sakura hits Naruto, he screams ば "Ba!". So, he says datteba! But he can't finish with the -yo. 

@ Ramenanmitsu: I'm so happy to know that. どうぞよろしく。I wonder if french looks as difficult for a japanese as japanese is difficult for a french. i learn japanese since only one year and I already have to study text from the Kojiki, Nihonshoki and Fudoki. 

And yes it's Sakuyahime because it's one of the story from mythology that I like. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#10312 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

@ Darkest: I agree. Plus, while Sakura hits Naruto, he screams ば "Ba!". So, he says datteba! But he can't finish with the -yo. 

It's really nice to know that. I was never fond of the "he was referring to Sakura's confession" theory. 

bKTC2.png

#10313 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

What do you guys think of this argument is it ok to call narutos love for sakura a "crush" so its ok to value hinata feelings for him not naruto himself? The main characters feeling is what really matters in the end. 

http://uzuharu.tumbl...-the-person-who

Also in this argument it is true that hinata feelings for naruto has made her stronger, but did it become strong enough till the point she dosen't has to relie on naruto too much. I mean in the recent chapters she forgets everyone around her and gets upset that she isn't doing much for naruto to me she still seems unconfident. Sure naruto hold himself back when having feelings for sakura, but at least it benefited sakura herself. I don' t like it when people say naruto haven't benefited he's so called "crush" on sakura. It did motivated him rescue sakura in the gaara fight and later in part 2 it helped sakura to mature as a character and its making sakura happy so it does benefit something.  

oh and i agree with this counter post very much.  http://uzuharu.tumbl...s-rather-a-shot

Edited by rikakim94, 23 October 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#10314 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

@ Darkest: I agree. Plus, while Sakura hits Naruto, he screams ば "Ba!". So, he says datteba! But he can't finish with the -yo

thanks for telling us ^^ In another forum there was a nh fan arguing with a neutral fan over the very datte word for close to two. freaking. months. I'm not even kidding xD

@rikakim94: That first post made it very clear that hinahina is what they're really shipping. who cares about the main character's feeling, it's not like this is his story..  :twitch: 

Edited by Hanabi, 23 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10315 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

thanks for telling us ^^ In another forum there was a nh fan arguing with a neutral fan over the very datte word for close to two. freaking. months. I'm not even kidding xD

That's just over reading it i mean arguing about that one word like really now?  :ermm:

Edited by rikakim94, 23 October 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#10316 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

That's just over reading it i mean arguing about that one word like really now?  :ermm:

do u want a link? xD

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10317 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

do u want a link? xD

No thank you, i had enough debates to look at with this fandom these days.  :mellow:

Edited by rikakim94, 23 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#10318 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think with Naruto mentioning Sakura about love in the upcoming chapter will make it impossible to stop. It's just you can't deny no longer.

#10319 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I think with Naruto mentioning Sakura about love in the upcoming chapter will make it impossible to stop. It's just you can't deny no longer.

Well, from experience, I hope for no denying anymore. Either way, it's normal to deny the opposite thought when someone wants something to happen and is believing in it.

Edited by T XD, 23 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#10320 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Well, guys, this is it. The epitome of TnJ is among us and now, Naruto knows the past of Obito, including Rin. The next chapter is where it all lies. Granted, it could happen later, but this one is the closest and so far, the best chance to parallel NaruSaku with ObiRin. Think about it, he didn’t bring up Rin in this chapter, BUT, he knows about his heart with her and the end of her, which caused Naruto to tear. This is big, people. So answer here…

Will it happen in the next chapter?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users