• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

An excerpt from Entertainment Weekly:

Uncharted likes to keep one foot (or at least a toe) grounded in history (Nathan’s ancestor is the British pirate, explorer and Navy officer Sir Francis Drake) and the plot of Uncharted 3 draws more from Drake’s exploits as well as from the life of T.E. Lawrence — not from his militant days as the fabled “Lawrence of Arabia,” but rather the Brit’s early years as an archaeologist. The inspiration for the story, says Hennig, came from Naughty Dog’s desire to take on the challenge of conceiving and building out gameplay scenarios within a desert locale — “challenge,” because organic elements like water, fire and sand are technically difficult to credibly render with animation. Says Hennig: “When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone’s eyes light up here and go, ‘Yeah, that’s going to be really hard — let’s do it!’” Adds Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells: “We’re a bunch of nerds. We just look for something that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we’ve never tapped into before.”

Read the whole article here!

The Trailer whatthekitten.gif

Behind The Uncharted Trailer! --Click here to view--

Uncharted 3 Gameplay reveal on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon! --Click here to view--

Uncharted 3 Gameplay! No Jimmy Fallon, just teh gameplay! Screw Jimmy! --Click here to view--

11-1-11!!!

CREDIT: Mik3 for thread setup
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#2 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

*sniff*it's gonna be so awesome, can't wait for 11.1.11 to come.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

Really wanna see how they step up the already solid multiplayer.
\

#4 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

A game like this has such an underwhelming thread....

/disappoint

#5 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

An excerpt from Entertainment Weekly:

Uncharted likes to keep one foot (or at least a toe) grounded in history (Nathan’s ancestor is the British pirate, explorer and Navy officer Sir Francis Drake) and the plot of Uncharted 3 draws more from Drake’s exploits as well as from the life of T.E. Lawrence — not from his militant days as the fabled “Lawrence of Arabia,” but rather the Brit’s early years as an archaeologist. The inspiration for the story, says Hennig, came from Naughty Dog’s desire to take on the challenge of conceiving and building out gameplay scenarios within a desert locale — “challenge,” because organic elements like water, fire and sand are technically difficult to credibly render with animation. Says Hennig: “When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone’s eyes light up here and go, ‘Yeah, that’s going to be really hard — let’s do it!’” Adds Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells: “We’re a bunch of nerds. We just look for something that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we’ve never tapped into before.”

Read the whole article here!

The Trailer whatthekitten.gif

Behind The Uncharted Trailer! --Click here to view--

Uncharted 3 Gameplay reveal on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon! --Click here to view--

Uncharted 3 Gameplay! No Jimmy Fallon, just teh gameplay! Screw Jimmy! --Click here to view--

11-1-11!!!

Ok so that was my best attempt at it laugh.gif
\

#6 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

That's better than two links and a few lines of text.

Thanks, Mik3!

#7 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hey Mike, use that post you made to create a new thread, and I'll merge this one with that.

Great setup +1

EDIT: Apparently someone deleted Mike's new thread...

so I just updated this one with Mike's post layout.

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

Mmm....I wonder though, judging from Drake's and Sully's appearances in the trailer, (either that or they've really added more detail to the character models), this seems to take place at a fairly significant amount of time after Among Thieves. I wonder if Elena's still in the game?

#9 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

Y'all went ahead and started an Uncharted 3 thread without me? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

But yea, woooo more Uncharted! I should order multiple copies.

Edited by Illmatic, 23 December 2010 - 02:24 AM.

#10 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

Need to save up all my money for 2011 gaming. I should honestly put aside 60 bucks every month extra into another account.

And call it the gaming fund.

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hmm, I honder if the weather is going to have relevance in this game, such as Drake starting to halucinate if exposed for too long into the sun, or having an slower porformance in case he get's dehydrated, and stuff like that.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

I don't want to sound like a sour puss but why the big commotion over the game it's going to be release on November 2011 we're still in 2010?
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 23 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to sound like a sour puss but why the big commotion over the game it's going to be release on November 2011 we're still in 2010?

Simple, because is popular, and (nearly) everyone likes it, so people want to talk about it now that's been anounced, even if it's far from be released. Really, what's even the point for asking such an obvious thing?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#14 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 23 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uncharted 2 been lauded as one of the greatest games of all time, not just the current generation. If you are really excited about something, you can't help it.
\

#15 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

I was so excited when I heard this was coming. The first two games were brilliant and I loved playing every minute of them. biggrin.gif

This is going to be a very long wait, but at least we'll have other things like the 3DS to help us through.

Hah... Just thinking about this game, maybe I should have an Uncharted gaming night soon. laugh.gif

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 23 2010, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was so excited when I heard this was coming. The first two games were brilliant and I loved playing every minute of them. biggrin.gif

This is going to be a very long wait, but at least we'll have other things like the 3DS to help us through.

Hah... Just thinking about this game, maybe I should have an Uncharted gaming night soon. laugh.gif

That'd be awesome. XD

Also @graven, Uncharted is one of those games where the content actually matches the hype.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 24 December 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#17 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I find it strange playing the Uncharted series (and watching this trailer) now knowing that Nate's mo-cap artist and voice actor, Nolan North, is now the english VA of Madara Uchiha (it also marks Nolan's first ever role in anime).

Anyway, yes I'm definately anticipating this installment. Naughty Dog is one of my favourite game developers. The original Crash Bandicoot series (PS1), the Jak & Daxter series (PS2), and now Uncharted (PS3). All some of the best games I've ever had for PlayStation.

Edited by Quinny52, 05 January 2011 - 09:16 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Jan 5 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it strange playing the Uncharted series (and watching this trailer) now knowing that Nate's mo-cap artist and voice actor, Nolan North, is now the english VA of Madara Uchiha (it also marks Nolan's first ever role in anime).

Anyway, yes I'm definately anticipating this installment. Naughty Dog is one of my favourite game developers. The original Crash Bandicoot series (PS1), the Jak & Daxter series (PS2), and now Uncharted (PS3). All some of the best games I've ever had for PlayStation.

WHOA! Nolan North is Madara? Hrm...it'd be interesting to hear his Tobi voice and Madara voice.

#19 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

^ Actually, Madara in the dub has two VA's, just like the original has two seiyus. The role of Tobi is played by a guy called Michael Yurchak.

Nolan has done some notable VA roles (Deadpool, Cyclops in W&tXM, Raphael in TMNT, etc.) and has been on shows like CSI: Miami.

Edited by Quinny52, 05 January 2011 - 11:57 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

Ah, SkinnyPool. He's like one of the best parts in Hulk vs. Wolverine.

He is showing some voice range as Madara though. Pretty cool, going out of his 'Drake' voice

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 06 January 2011 - 02:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users