8039 replies to this topic

#7701 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

That goes completely against what Oda said about her. Smoker and Tashigi will be MUCH stronger by the end of the series. If not, they have no right to chase Luffy throughout the whole series, and Tashigi's name explanation by Oda would be pointless.

+ means they are getting much stronger

Robin+, Bonney+, Big Mom, Tsuru, Tashigi+ (end game will be stronger than Tsuru), Smoothie, Carrot+, Koala+. Just to name a few females that Nami will never surpass in strength. And she isn't getting Zeus. It would mean that a cloud was always following her around, and it would be 99% of her strength. How bad would that be? I liked the theory that said this side of Big Mom showing in Zeus (how he became friends with them with food and praise) is a sign of things to come with the Luffy-Big Mom alliance/friendship.

Maybe Nami surpasses Hancock (not really growing in strength anymore), but I wouldn't call her one of the strongest if she isn't even top 5 (not even top 10 when we see the other strong females in the world). Nami's strength lies in her smarts and navigating, not in her ranking against others in strength. That's why she will always rank 2nd weakest in the crew, only in front of Ussop.

They can get stronger sure, but that won't actually make them popular though :hehehe: strength and popularity are not really the same thing

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7702 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

LMFAO I love how you try and say that Nami won't be stronger than Tashigi, but could be stronger than Hancock, who would absolutely obliterate Tashigi now. Hancock isn't going to stay stagnant EOS, especially if there's going to be a war. All in all, it just goes to show how you completely overrate Tashigi as a character. For instance, this notion that Tashigi will in some way become this generations Tsuru, like Hina doesn't exist.

Also, the thing with Zeus isn't a sign of things to come with Luffy and Big Mom, unless you're implying that Nami will manipulate BM too :zaru: Luffy and Big Mom hate each other, and btw, BM just roasted Baum, who Luffy seemed to like. So you should probably wait until after we see Luffy's reaction before you speculate further.

Also, T XD was talking about Tashigi's popularity, not strength. Nami is weak, but is constantly in the top 10. Chopper is weak, constantly ranks high. Akainu is strong, doesn't rank that high. They're not exactly correlated, so denying what T XD was saying about popularity by claiming strength is a bit of a straw man. All in all, Tashigi is a relatively bland, boring character that is arrogant for no reason and can't back it up, plus is a bit sexist. She literally hasn't grown since Alabasta. Not surprised that she isn't ranked highly.

Buam might not be dead. As for that theory, it relies on Sanji helping make the cake. So if you don't beleive in that theory, you won't agree with this one either.

With a power spike, it means more screen time in a future arc(s). I said maybe Hancock because I'm not sure if she will keep getting stronger or not. Hina is only a little stronger than Tashigi right now, but is over 10 years more experienced, and isn't chasing down a future pirate king's crew. Why would Oda make Hina, who has next to no time in the series compared to Smoker and Tashigi, the one to succeed Tsuru? It took her about 10 years to go from Captain to Rear Admiral. It will take Tashigi about 1 year to do that. Tashigi has some haki at 22 years old, Hina has none at 34 years old. Also, let's not forget this scene here.

b3iJ92p.jpg

Very similar to Coby. Weak but promising to grow stronger. Coby aims for admiral with his scream to grow stronger, so he will obviously be stronger than Tashigi, always. With that being said, he makes Luffy his main rival even though he is much weaker than him. Just like with how Tashigi makes Zoro her main rival despite the large power gap. Coby, who is weaker than Hina, awakens haki and sora slightly before Tashigi. But both scream out to the world to grow strong. In shonen, what do you think that means? It doesn't mean a 34 year old in Hina will be the one growing 100x stronger, it means the young person screaming will be the one doing it. Why would Oda show Tashigi teaching Coby? To tell you they are friends. Smoker will be fleet admiral level, Coby will be admiral level, and Tashigi will be the strongest Vice Admiral, like Tsuru would of been if Garp took the admiral job. It will be the new young trio that will rival Garp-Sengoku-Tsuru.

Coby will rank up to Rear Admiral a few months before Tashigi does. Tashigi will shortly follow. Shortly after that, Smoker will be an Admiral (around this time Luffy will take down a Yonko). Soon after (near end of story), all three will rank up again. Smoker Fleet Admiral, Coby Admiral, and Vice Admiral Tashigi. Hina might also rank up to Vice Admiral, but won't be stronger than Tashigi. That's just my prediction.

ac4e0762c8a83f273de1787782f7a7c4--one-pi

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7703 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

Hey look, Nami controlled the weather of a yonko. Also, she didn't kill Baum. Predicted that as well. Lastly, called it that Pudding was lying. Now to see if the Sanji cake theory is correct.

My next prediction is Pudding will see that Sanji is holding onto Nami right now and it will make her keep feeling like Sanji didn't really love her. Not that hard of a prediction, but that's all I got right now.

2XtVwF6.png

#7704 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

Either she wants to take the matter into her own hands (else why not just let Big Mom take care of Sanji and then stop her with cake) or she has some split personality disorder. Well, only way to find out.

Also, I'm in for Baby I am Baum edition.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 17 August 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#7705 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hey look, Nami controlled the weather of a yonko. Also, she didn't kill Baum. Predicted that as well. Lastly, called it that Pudding was lying. Now to see if the Sanji cake theory is correct.

My next prediction is Pudding will see that Sanji is holding onto Nami right now and it will make her keep feeling like Sanji didn't really love her. Not that hard of a prediction, but that's all I got right now.

Because it was hard to predict that Nami was going to control Big Mom's weather when it was confirmed that she had already done it before :kappa: and in what way is Pudding lying? How dumb is it that she would straight up hate Sanji and be lying about him following her reaction to his compliment?

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7706 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

she has some split personality disorder

This could be the problem, but I doubt it. She always said she was a great actor, but she chose not to shoot Sanji. She chose to be jealous of him catching Nami. As I said, Sanji was the one who grabbed onto Nami, and is currently still holding her. Right after we see him still holding her, we get Pudding saying she can see him, as see goes in for whatever reason. It's obvious Oda made Sanji hold her there so that Pudding would react again. They don't have the ingredients, and Pudding did go after Chiffon. With that being said, Pudding really wants to help Big Mom, but she is choosing to go after Sanji, why? She looks like she is going to attack him, and she hasn't even seen him holding Nami just yet (she probably will page 1 of next chapter). It isn't split personality, it's her not being able to choose Sanji over Big Mom just yet.

Where is the cake or the ingredients? I know they haven't had time to get any of that done, so why go after the Straw Hats and Sanji first? That giant Zeus attack Nami made him do is only going to stun Big Mom for a few seconds. My guess is Jinbei's crew will take on Katakuri with water attacks around the Sunny to aid them, but Big Mom is right there, and that Zeus attack won't work on her again. Does Pudding want Sanji for the cake? Does she want to aid Big Mom in defeating them? Big Mom is stronger than Luffy's entire crew, so she isn't needed. Do we get Pudding finally accepting Sanji and aiding them? That's my guess, but how does she aid them? Man this arc is full of mystery. Great job by Oda so far.

2XtVwF6.png

#7707 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

I don't get Pudding's intentions either. If she really wasn't sincere why bring Chiffon?

Either way I think she'll end up an ally. I habe no idea what she is now. It might be a split personality.

ナルサク

#7708 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

Well, I think it will become clear by the end of this.

#7709 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

She's a yandere. She so use to killing the people she likes that she can only really express genuine feelings for Sanji by also desiring to kill him. ...Maybe.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 August 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#7710 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

She's a yandere. She so use to killing the people she likes that she can only really express genuine feelings for Sanji by also desiring to kill him. ...Maybe.

I also think she has genuine feelings for him. That little panel after the sanami moment was there for a reason.

Perhaps she's angry at him for making her jealous. lol. Or her split personality might be triggered when her beloved is close to another woman, since Sanji is holding Nami right now..again. Either way I don't get why she brought Chiffon with her..maybe she wanted to genuinly save Sanji and changed her mind when she saw him with Nami.

ナルサク

#7711 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

They can get stronger sure, but that won't actually make them popular though :hehehe: strength and popularity are not really the same thing

33 spot for both is not actually bad for a 20 year anniversary popularity while not getting the spotlight and  the sheer amount of characters to pick. Tashigi made a huge jump. If they get a lot of good screen time they can easily jump in the top 20 if the next polls happens after wano. 

#7712 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

Called it.

#7713 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Called it.

I know! XDD was gonna say that too. It's tempting to say, told ya so.

Sanji ftw :D

Edited by sushi., 24 August 2017 - 11:28 AM.

ナルサク

#7714 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

What makes Sanji any more special than Struessen? Get real. There is ZERO reason for them to stay behind. BM's crew isn't a rookie crew. BM's crew has dealt with this more than one time. They don't need Luffy's help with it. Luffy doesn't owe them anything, and nobody on that island is more important than the latter half of their crew.

This is sadly full of fanfiction. The very notion that you think Sanji could be the best cook in the world at this time is absurd. The fact that you think that BM's crew needs help from Luffy's crew to deal with BM, given the fact that they are her crew is sad.

So it seems like Pudding did predict the future and Sanji was needed to make the cake and save Whole Cake Island. It made no sense for them to just escape. They had to fix Big Mom first. Also, Pudding said everything that Sanji would be, and the only part that wasn't shown yet was "he was such a good cook, he even taught me a few things." She is awakening the powers of her third eye. When she was lying to the Straw Hats about seeing Sanji, she was accidentally telling the future.

On another note, how convenient is it that Pudding has this ability to make the homies remember the past? Setting up for that Pumpkin guy from last week's chapter to be Pedro? Would be really sad if this arc ends with Pedro having like 10-20 years left when he should have way more. I have heard theories that Pedro and Carrot will be the new Inuarashi and Nekomamushi. They both aided the emperor's journey with Roger. Pedro and Carrot could do that for Momonosuke until they take back Wano from Kaido. That's not my theory at all, as much as I wish I thought about it before.

Lastly, I would date Pudding. I would last one day before I was killed, but it would be worth it. Tsundere girl's in anime deserve nothing but love and respect.

2XtVwF6.png

#7715 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

So it seems like Pudding did predict the future and Sanji was needed to make the cake and save Whole Cake Island. It made no sense for them to just escape. They had to fix Big Mom first. Also, Pudding said everything that Sanji would be, and the only part that wasn't shown yet was "he was such a good cook, he even taught me a few things." She is awakening the powers of her third eye. When she was lying to the Straw Hats about seeing Sanji, she was accidentally telling the future.

On another note, how convenient is it that Pudding has this ability to make the homies remember the past? Setting up for that Pumpkin guy from last week's chapter to be Pedro? Would be really sad if this arc ends with Pedro having like 10-20 years left when he should have way more. I have heard theories that Pedro and Carrot will be the new Inuarashi and Nekomamushi. They both aided the emperor's journey with Roger. Pedro and Carrot could do that for Momonosuke until they take back Wano from Kaido. That's not my theory at all, as much as I wish I thought about it before.

Lastly, I would date Pudding. I would last one day before I was killed, but it would be worth it. Tsundere girl's in anime deserve nothing but love and respect.

What exactly did I say that I was wrong about? The idea that they would need Sanji's help is dumb. And you tried to say that Sanji is the best cook in the world. Maybe you should go back and post your quotes as well for the context.

In addition to that, I don't care whether or not Sanji makes a cake, and never had. The idea that I found patently absurd was that you thought BM's crew needed him, which they don't, and the idea that Luffy and BM would be buddy-buddy after the cake is made and that they would just be allies out of nowhere.

Edited by AHK, 24 August 2017 - 01:25 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7716 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

They need him. In what way do they not need him?

As a cook, there is nothing he can't do. He just said that. Why would he lie about that? Streusen, a world class chef, took a long time to prepare a perfect cake. Sanji will do it 1000x faster. Idk about you, but I don't see Oda putting a better cook in the world. He has no reason to. Only the best cook could settle a Yonko's rage down in a few minutes of cooking.

They will either be allies, or she will just let him go this once. Either all the Supernova will face off against Kaido, or Big Mom will aid half of the Supernova to take on the other half of the Supernova with Kaido. Kaido just said he will start the biggest war. No way that war is against Supernova he considers small fry, unless they all joined forces. This is all theories though.

2XtVwF6.png

#7717 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Sanji doesn't need to be the best cook in the world, just the best one around. You can't really say they don't need Sanji when Sanji is the one making the cake. The statement that Streussen could have done the same is irrelevant because Oda chose Sanji over him.

ナルサク

#7718 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Sanji doesn't need to be the best cook in the world, just the best one around. You can't really say they don't need Sanji when Sanji is the one making the cake. The statement that Streussen could have done the same is irrelevant because Oda chose Sanji over him.

He also working with two people that are know for being masters at chocolate, and chiffon cakes respectively. 

#7719 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

He also working with two people that are know for being masters at chocolate, and chiffon cakes respectively. 

I was thinking of that too, Oda didn't need to write them in. It never needed to be a chocolate cake and Chiffon could've been left out without plotholes.

I'm sure you're just arguing that Sanji will have the best help, but they'll likely be his assistants and if Oda really wanted to Streussen could make the cake. But because Chiffon and Pudding are needed(and would possibly not want to work with him especially not Chiff) he can't do it, so they need Sanji.

ナルサク

#7720 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

They need him. In what way do they not need him?

As a cook, there is nothing he can't do. He just said that. Why would he lie about that? Streusen, a world class chef, took a long time to prepare a perfect cake. Sanji will do it 1000x faster. Idk about you, but I don't see Oda putting a better cook in the world. He has no reason to. Only the best cook could settle a Yonko's rage down in a few minutes of cooking.

They will either be allies, or she will just let him go this once. Either all the Supernova will face off against Kaido, or Big Mom will aid half of the Supernova to take on the other half of the Supernova with Kaido. Kaido just said he will start the biggest war. No way that war is against Supernova he considers small fry, unless they all joined forces. This is all theories though.

No, they don't need Sanji.

In case you've forgotten, Big Mom's crew sent Big Mom after Luffy and co. Big Mom's crew doesn't need Sanji's help, because they're not saving themselves at the moment. Chiffon isn't a part of BM's crew (having left with Capone) and Pudding is doing it to save the SH crew. She is acting on her own. It isn't on behalf of the BM pirates that Sanji is stepping in.

The idea that Big Mom will help in any capacity is what I was referring to. Luffy threatened to beat her ass, took control of one of her islands, broke one of her commanders, ruined an event in which she was going to gain really advanced technology, and made her look like a fool. She is not going to help them just to fit your headcanon. Katakuri, who can see bits of the future, decided that he had to kill Luffy before he "became a threat to Big Mom." Hell, Sanji stated that his goal was to make a cake so good it would knock her out. "Knock her out" not "inspire her to help us".

It's asinine to think she just becomes buddy buddy with them out of nowhere, especially when Luffy's goal is to beat all the emperors.

Except that's what FY said.

And yes, I can, because it isn't Big Mom's crew that requested Sanji help nor is it Big Mom's crew that Sanji is helping.

Edited by AHK, 25 August 2017 - 04:22 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users