177 replies to this topic

#41 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I miss naruto :(. I hope we see him, and sakura next chapter. I like lee, and gai though., and the others. is kishi TRYING to loose fans so that he can rush off to his next manga?. geez I've about had it with the manga.atleast the anime's done by someoneelse [studio pirate?], and not kishislowpoke[lol]. anyways. hi I'm new here to the forums.

You lose all credability when you consider the Anime better than the Manga, Their fillers (basically story arcs that Kishi didn't write) are some of the worst from all the animes out there, and that's with an entire team of writers responsible for the story, Kishi has to churn out a chapter a week, and it's laregely himself with the help of his Producer. That's 42 odd chapters a year he has to write and draw a year. Honestly Studio Pierot or whatever they are called are a real mix bag, after seeing how the handled Hinata's episode and Naruto going eight tails during the Pain Invasion I've barely ever watched it. I can't forgive them for making Hinata into a bullied girl in school, or the animation during the Pain v eight tails Naruto.

This chapter wasn't too bad it actually went a long way to explain Gai's eternal optimism, his rivalry with Kakashi and even his history with the swordmen...He deserves atleast one chapter of flashback. It wasn't very interesting to watch but it explains Gai's behaviour.

iAnby7W.gif

#42 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

The episode right after the massive filler with Hinata's confession will always be known as the worst anime episode ever being animated. How did they even dub that kitten.

aw9vkj.gif

#43 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

How much time did it take for the three inheritors of the 8 Inner Gates (excluding Kakashi) to master them? The information gathered from today's chapter tells us that it took 20 years of training for Dai before he could finally use them. Lee couldn't have begun physical training for the gates until after he was 12 since that was when he graduated from the Academy and was assigned to his squad (and future teacher). It's been 4-5 years since then and he's proven to be capable of opening them up until the Limit Gate. As for Guy, we really don't have much to go on. The flashback portrays him as already having his headband when Dai begins his instruction and during the 3rd shinobi war he makes a note of his father's rank when questioning why he's there on the battlefield (it seems that Genin may not be allowed onto the front lines). This correlates with Guy already being a Chunin when his father died - meaning he's at least 11 years old at the time.

It's difficult to say which of the two, Lee or Guy, has more potential. Both of them grasped the mechanics of the gates at an early age. Guy definitely has an edge thanks to his greater mastery of the gates, experience, and versatility (he knows some ninjutsu and can dispel illusions now). But that could easily change. We need to see how Kishi intends to have Lee surpass his teacher (assuming that's the final phase of his character). 

#44 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Well this was a pretty pointless chapter...

Chapter 666: Kishi: "next time Gai will use the eighth gate"

Chapter 667: Gai: "I will now use the eigth gate"

Chapter 668: Gai: "ok here I go....oh wait time for a flashback...ok here we go for real this time"

Kishi and dem delays...

eh10ut.jpg

#45 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

In all truth, this was a slow chapter, even for me.

I mean we knew guy was going to use the gates, we know he was going to get into some powerfury moment but we didn't expect a flashback taking 80% of the whole chapter.

While it isn't fully bad to explore the origin of the technique or see guy had a father called Dai, it's just not a good insert during the fight against the biggest bad guy in the naruto universe, espcially when the hero and antihero have just recovered and narutos recovery was left on a big cliffhanger with no idea what comes next from obito or sakura p, least we know Sasuke gets the rinnegan later.

This chapter is going to be like chapter 633, it slowed down a lot of stuff just to show something, but unlike 633 it was flashback type stuff we hadn't been burdened with.

The only thing I find here that's a bit funny is the fact that Dai himself faced the 7 swordsman similar to how guy faced kisame. If the stuff with Dai was revealed back in the fight against the edo tensei swordsmen that would have worked much more but not this time.

Truely this was a chapter I was actually not enthusiastic about, while last chapter had some action, this was just a long winded backstory we already didn't necessarily need to know about. Otherwise we know guy is going to die sadly but we know his role and what he stands for by now. Really I'm just glad it's passed and next chapter should have some action.

It's just a funny deal that the stuff by the Madara fight, narutos recovery, and sasukes recovery are all happening at the same time, the chance of seeing some ns recovery scene is still a possibility I mean at least some chapter in the coming weeks should show both naruto and Sasuke fine, not just suddenly there, but hey should we get a ns scene of naruto waking up in current time or even by a flashback (should he suddenly appear where the others are by now) that can work too. Otherwise i would still find it surprising Kishi would bypass a chance to make a scene of naruto waking up and some interaction between any combination of him sakura, or obito.

Only good thing was this was the first chapter of the new volume so it's not a full loss to have a slow start, compared to the past few weeks which had the group struggling to save naruto, this one is guys final fight centric for now, but it should be short, I cannot imagine a long dragged out fight all this time while naruto and sasuke still need to recover and again it's hard to believe that both would suddenly appear back on the battlefield without some scene of waking up on both their ends or interaction with sakura and/or obito on narutos end and taka on sasukes end.

Edited by Inferno180, 12 March 2014 - 10:12 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#46 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Madara's face when guy appears before him is priceless, eight gates must be as powerful as its hype. Madara sh**ting his pants.

He knew about the 8th gates, he's aware of what it's capable of doing.
Probably will one of those sacrifices that wont do much against him.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#47 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

I am opposite to a lot of you here...

In terms of story this chapter was beautiful, motivation heroism and dare I say YOUTH.

when else would Kishi present the backstory of Gai 

loved this chapter 

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#48 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

In terms of story this chapter was beautiful, motivation heroism and dare I say YOUTH.

loved this chapter 

I am actually not sure how to take this chapter. I am not sure if it is because I am tired or what.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Flashback chapter oh god Kishi it's hard...........

IMO, in it's pure essence, the chapter is good. The backstory of Gai is beautifully wrote too.

BUT it wasn't the time at all to place all this. Naruto is unconscious for really too long now ! It's really during for too long !

Now I'm afraid Kishi might revive Naruto only at the end of this volume... :argh:  gosh that would be even harder...

I am not able to talk a lot about this chapter right now because I'm just tired of permanently waiting.

I understand Kishi wants to build suspense, but I really think it's too much.

Also, it looks like he gave Gai backstory now because he realised that he has never done it. It's like, oh I forgot, I must done it before he dies ! I don't know...

Edited by Otaru, 12 March 2014 - 11:09 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#50 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

This chapter was just an utter waste....

40283620121415711s.jpg

#51 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm torn.

On the one hand, yes, this chapter was pretty much a waste of time. It really wasn't the time or place to have a big flashback and it really slowed things down, in fact, it brought things to a screeching halt. The story didn't advance at all in this chapter. From that viewpoint, it wasn't the best chapter ever. 

That being said, I still found Gai's back story to actually be endearing and helped me better understand his character, which I'm thankful for. I just really wish that his back story would have been explored at another point in the manga, maybe even in part 1.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#52 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

loved this chapter 

Its not that there isn't anything wrong with flashbacks, its just that this one being so sudden wasn't given all that much meaning as others had. I mean the fact of giving Guy a flashback before he begins his self destruction isnt a problem, the problem is trying to introduce new elements into this situation that are supposed to make us have an expanded view on why guy is doing it rather than the reasons which were enough that we already knew about. I mean like introducting his father Dai, we didn't need to see that. We always knew of Guy by his aspects and his own shortcomings but his hard work made him a good match for kakashi all this time.

Really in line of the past few years, kishi has had a writing style of inserting flashbacks into specific areas. Sometimes these flashbacks are meaningful such as the stuff with Obito to Rin, Rin is a part of his character. But this one with Dai just seemed to slow the action out of nowhere. In the past few situations, some flashbacks have had one part a build on some other meaning that has moved forward but this one, its just like a repeat of all the stuff we have already seen with Guy to Lee, its just a generation xerox filler flashback to many. I mean other flashbacks do slow down the flow from time to time, but most of them at least end up helping move something else forward. Maybe we just want to see Madara get a hit around a bit by Guy otherwise we want to see Naruto and Sasuke's situations again. But its just Kishi's writing style at this point to use flashbacks as an area for emphasis, reienforcement, realization, revival of old ideas, and humor (such as when Guy came in when Kakashi and Obito were arguing).

#53 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, no. This flashback is too little too late. Long stopped caring about Guy. Weak flashback and weak ass chapter to boot. 

I'm torn.

On the one hand, yes, this chapter was pretty much a waste of time. It really wasn't the time or place to have a big flashback and it really slowed things down, in fact, it brought things to a screeching halt. The story didn't advance at all in this chapter. From that viewpoint, it wasn't the best chapter ever. 

That being said, I still found Gai's back story to actually be endearing and helped me better understand his character, which I'm thankful for. I just really wish that his back story would have been explored at another point in the manga, maybe even in part 1.

This flashback should've happened in 614/615. We had Shikaku and Inoichi killed in the preceding chapter, having Guy die from the 8th gate would've delivered the impact perfectly. Not that stupid whole farce of OOC!Naruto. Hell, the speech he gave in this chapter would've been perfectly fitting for those chapters with a side of words of encouragement for Naruto as well. It would've been his students' last lecture and Guy is perfectly fine dying because he has nothing more to teach them. 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#54 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

I Just want to see a red hot guy pummeling Madara for a time, at least to leave his mark out. Again I feel Guy is going to go out with a bang.

Guess the funny deal about the situation regarding the Naruto recovery with Sakura and Obito, I do find one thing enjoyable:

As much as it pains us to need to wait for a potential NS moment if we get Sakura reacting to the recovery, its also a potential scare to some NH and SS fans. While we wait for some positive aspect, its a waiting nightmare for some of them and when the time to return to Naruto comes, if the scene is in the Kamui Dimension and should some moment come, it could be a big one. This is what we hope to see, like a hug at best, but something that can potentially scare them.

#55 Ausakura

Ausakura

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

I'm not believing Guy/Gai is dying. There's too much highlight on it.

I think this is the spot for the character to shine and show its purpose on the plot, not to die. 

But... Ugh. An entire chapter of flashback...

I mean... There's a huge climax going on and then BAM stop everything to show an flashback that could be resumed in a few squares and of a importance that nobody cares about!

Augh... Why...? This is the thing that I hate in shonens... 

Now I want Gai to die... Just to not make this week go in vain.

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hey, look at the bright side. Now that we got this out of the way, the next chapter should be more interesting.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

I don't really want Gai to die (oh it rhymes!)

It was a good chapter, not spectacularly good but still okay.

It is with this kind of so-so chapter that we appreciate more the great ones.

I expected this already since the shift to Sasuke and Team not 7.

we won't probably see Naruto and Sakura next week and the week after that.

Its understandable having some straight 3-4 chapters involving them, this was a given.

but i have this hunch that Gai won't die.. yes we did have a whole chapter flashback for him and it all leads to him dying since that's basically the point of his past "older generation protects the youth and becomes a guide to them"

He will forever be youthful to me.. so i'm still holding the torch that he won't go with Neji.

Edited by dejavu, 12 March 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#58 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

While I'm looking forward to seeing Naruto and Sakura again, I actually still enjoyed this chapter as well. I usually don't like flashbacks, but thankfully this one doesn't take more than one chapter to get its story across to the readers. Plus, it was a really nice one with a great message.

It's too bad Gai's going to die though :umm: But I guess that's the best way to reiterate the fact that the younger generation is the king that needs to be protected message we've gotten a few times before.

Edited by Qia, 12 March 2014 - 12:56 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#59 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Mee... This new volume will be kinda boring to me....  It will be about the (useless) gai's sacrifice... I guess that these flashbacks were proper since he's near to his death now. I kinda laughted to Maito Dai.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#60 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

loved this chapter 

I believe is more about Gai useless sacrifice because Madara will obviously defeat him unless if Gai manages to kick his ass and take a few bijuu's from allowing Kakashi to send them to the outer dimension if he doesnt do that then it's useless.

I think people are more disappointed with this chapter because they want to see Naruto and Sakura on that dimension.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users