#21 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

spoilers for 276-277 --Click here to view--
well, looks like my prediction came true... & Vyse & I got our wish (yays) I think that the more Yoshi keeps using Zekkai with Karasumori, the more dangerous it will become... Like Tokine said, that power Yoshi holds is supposed to be beyond a normal person's limits. the more Yoshi uses it, the more it will destroy his mind & eventually his body (typical shounen stereotypes.) a_spaz.gif a_dance.gif wow.png 111191.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#22 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

So, Yoshi's mom is back, and she has that evil grin plastered all over her face. I don't know if she's a bad person, but she's not the standard shounen good guy, that much I'm sure of. I don't like her character at all.

Another thing I don't like, is how the newest chapter ends with "A surprise in the next chapter"

Way to piss me off damnit. I want to know what this surprise is right now... I hate waiting!

Btw, does anyone know why OneManga hasn't updated Kekk since october?

#23 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

I think her way of thinking is very similar to Masamori's. She may be on the good side, but her motives & methods are quite questionable.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#24 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

I agree. She might end up on different sides from Yoshi though, but I think that Yoshi needs her character to have someone to surpass now that he has surpassed his brother in some ways. Not that he's a better Kekkaishi than him yet, but he has mastered his blank state to some extent, and I suppose his mother has reached another peak of power.

Oh well, she's a gray jedi. Not alligned to either side of the force, yet still powerful enough to deal with both. I'm just frustrated about secrets and cliffhangers, and I want to know just what the hell is going on.

Edit: And new chapter is out... A CASTLE? *is a little disappointed, but interested enough to want more*

http://www.mangatosh...aishi/793/286/1

#25 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

Kekkaishi 289

hmm, I guess things might get a lil' more interesting from now on.... Can't wait to read more... (I've got a good gut feeling about the later chapters) and oh, nice little Yokittenoki moment there....

248793.jpg

#26 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

It's progressing well for sure. I wish they would do another season of the anime soon, since they have more than enough material to choose from. Yoshi seems a little distant lately though, but his head is in the game. I wonder what training Tokine did though... genjutsu training? ^o)

#27 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

I'm loving the latest chapters. biggrin.gif

Have you noticed Sumiko's eyes? It's like they're in a permanent blank state. I remember Tokine saying Yoshimori felt more distant while he was in the blank state, so I wonder if Sumiko has become a distant person through that? Or was she always that way?

Didn't expect Karasumori to be a child! But it is quite fitting, as Karasumori has a whimsical nature. I have the feeling that we're going to see Yoshimori protecting Karasumori from his own mother. Her intentions don't feel all that good.

#28 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

New chapter up, and I'm freaking out on Yoshi's behalf... his family is strange!

http://www.onemanga....kkaishi/290/01/

#29 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:56 AM

Kekkaishi??? I like Kekkaishi because it reminds me of the anime Inuyasha.

#30 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

I caught the first episode of the anime this weekend on Cartoon Network, and so I checked out the manga. I ended up nearly catching up to the current chapter in one day. Though, I'm probably going to have to reread it to get my details straight (because my eyes started killing me after the first few hours). I gotta say Kekkaishi may have just replace Bleach as my second favorite manga.

#31 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

Anyone have an idea or heard why VIZ doesnt have the first 13 eps of the dub anymore?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#32 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

Heard the dub and it's alright but Mignogna doesn't seem good for his role. Every time Yoshimori speaks it sounds like Edward to me.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#33 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:33 AM

I seen the first two episodes and a sucker for pairings and anime love. Seems intersting.

#34 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

been trying to catch up to the current episodes up to episode 24 right now and climbing towards 47. after that im going to run through the manga and try and catch it up.

loved the interaction between yoshi and tokine in the episode ((13 i believe)) where they face the ice Ayakashi and *ahem* get close to each other.

great pairing lurve it alot.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#35 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

finally through all 52 episodes of the series. can onyl hope they opt for a new 52 episodes to cover the later arcs.

current eps by the way end at chapter 121 in the manga.

also if you want a fun pairing filled epsiode check out episode 10/ chapter 26 the black demon is a fun chapter/episode.

hehe

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#36 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

Finally caught up on all 311 chapters of Kekkaishi. a very interesting story so far.

I have to admit I prefer the animes interpretation over the mangas so far. i like tokine being stronger and more forward ((she follows yoshi into kokoburo instead of admitting shes useless and staying))

the stories real fun and cant wait to see more> i alos hope a another series is ordered dealing with the Karasumori arc.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#37 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

I've seen this series on adult swim and it's very interesting.

Yoshimori and Tokine = Obvious pairing is obvious. pictureem0.gif

If this series has taught me anything, it's to never underestimate the power of a box. (especially a magical box)

Does anyone think about tetris when you see those kekkai things or am I alone on this one.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 18 July 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#38 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

consideirng what happend when they collapse one yeah heheh.

Viz has all 52 episodes up on its sight except for 1-13 wich theyre putting out english dubbed on Itunes.

the latest episode ep 8 has some pairing stuff as does episode 10 there's pretty good development between the two all the way through the series.

really hope they expand the series to cover the later chapters as well.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#39 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

I've read it. I like it. Haven't had a lot of time to re-read, though.

#40 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

just fyi the current episodes of the series deal with the Kokoburo arc. the arc in the manga ends with chapter 121, so everyhting after that is strictly manga until Viz or whoever ((hopefully)) orders new episodes.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users