Close
Photo

So if NH and SS were planned end pairings, then why....

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:28 AM

It's what Kishi left. He wrote that Boruto had abandonment issues around his father being too busy with work, as well as Sasuke leaving a child back in Konoha. There was nothing really to support a SasuSaku relationship storywise, and all NaruHina is is one-sided longing for someone who barely interacted with Hinata. Despite this, these are the official couples and yes, there are issues.

Part of me wonders if this was Kishi getting payback for having to prolong the series as much as he did, reflecting issues within his own home.

That would be sad if his story caused problems for his marriage. 

#22 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:17 AM

Better question: why the HELL did we need a movie about a minor female character who didn't even do jack squat for the entire franchise at the last minute?!

Hinata is equivalent to the other damsels in distress "heroines" in the previous movies to me, like Sara from The Lost Tower or Shion from the first shippuden movie lol

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

Hinata is equivalent to the other damsels in distress "heroines" in the previous movies to me, like Sara from The Lost Tower or Shion from the first shippuden movie lol

So they are just testing the water.

Still Hinata can't beat sakura appearance on movie.

#24 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Better question: why the HELL did we need a movie about a minor female character who didn't even do jack squat for the entire franchise at the last minute?!

There have been spinoffs with other characters before but usually it is only with characters that had a significant role with the main story. Hinata had ZERO impact for most of the manga. ZERO! You could have included her with Shino and Tenten when it comes to significance. Which is sad because Shino and Tenten could have been more.

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

EXACTLY. She was SO inconsequential that they needed to make a retconned movie to give her chemistry with the MC, So what does that say about the couple? I never recalled another series where they needed to make a retcon movie just too justify an official couple :shrug:

And even then they still don't have chemistry. Hinata is still "shy" by the movie that takes places TWO YEARS AFTER the war. Naruto still doesn't pay her any attention which means that they ignored the Pein Arc confession entirely which also means that any development in the manga was totally pointless. To give NH more development, they had to trash everything else. Why did it take two years? TWO YEARS for Hinata and Naruto to say anything to each other. There is no excuse of Naruto was too busy or Hinata was too shy because from what I get told by HInata fans is that she overcame her shyness at the end of the manga. So why did they talk for those two years when nothing was going on and Naruto wasn;t doing anything.

Speaking of which, not only couldn't Hinata do anything on her own, but it required Sakura, Shikamaru, Toneri, and a genjutsu to even notice her. I mean, do the pro-enders not see how pathetic that? No of course not because apparently Naruto was never brainwashed or maniulated to love Hinata in any way, yet it required all that to make them a couple.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention that. THEY STILL HAVE NO CHEMISTRY even after destroying the entire established canon. Like I said, NaruHina is about escapism where Hinata does not see the real Naruto, does not know the real Naruto and does not wish to know Naruto and lives vicariously off of his proud failure mentality whereas social inept Otakus want a weak willed, submissive girl that wont emasculate them and are living that fantasy through Naruto. SasuSaku is that typical girl sees bad boy and her ovary gets all tingly and just like NaruHina, she does not see nor know the real Sasuke, or when Sasuke DOES show his real personality she was neither impressed nor turned on now was she?

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 April 2018 - 10:53 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Naruto turned into Sasuke for a bit in the Last because he was manipulated into loving Hinata. There was no other possible way for him to love her. Instead of being manipulated through hatred and jealousy, he was manipulated because of his stupidity. That was only difference between Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto was so dense before or the fact he didn't care about Hinata's feelings and to have him change like that is clearly brainwashing like James has said. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Hinata's master plan to get her Naruto kun. She is the true villian here.

Edited by griff142, 18 April 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#28 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

social inept Otakus wanti a weak willed submissive girl that wont emasculate them

It's an absolutely hopeless fantasy on their part. Even if a shy girl like that happened to start to like them(unlikely) they would never know about it, as the girl would be too shy to express it, and obviously the NH fan is never gonna put themselves out there for fear of rejection. Naruto didn't need this kind of crutch anyway. He would have told Sakura or whoever it happened to be about his feelings for her. The reason why he didn't tell Hinata is because there was nothing to tell. Why did Kishi ruin his manga over something so stupid?

#29 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

I never see a supporting character ever get Hinata treatment.

Anyway, they need to make conflict so they could continue the story.

With peace the story end. - one character from Made from abyss.

Well, there was the case of The Devil is a Part Timer. Great show, for sure, but the director deserves mention. He made the female lead of the series more abrasive towards the male lead, even skipping parts of her backstory, while pushing the moe character more as the love interest. Even went so far as to draw this show of the moe character in a swimsuit and use it in the ending credits. This side character now appeared to be more prominent in the story than she was in the original novels.

Then you have Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, though I'd argue this case it was for the better. Ein was originally supposed to die early in the series, but the head writer liked him so he was kept around until the end of season one. There was also his comrade (slash yaoi-paringing) Gaelio, who was also supposed to die at the end of the first season. Thing is, they appear to have had little planned for the second, and since the head writer liked the VA's performance he came back. Thing is, both these characters were antagonists while the protagonists essentially became the bad guys of the story, and some people (including Takahiro Sakurai, who voiced McGillis) have voiced criticisms of the head writer for playing favorites.

Still, this final battle is great.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#30 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

It's an absolutely hopeless fantasy on their part. Even if a shy girl like that happened to start to like them(unlikely) they would never know about it, as the girl would be too shy to express it, and obviously the NH fan is never gonna put themselves out there for fear of rejection. Naruto didn't need this kind of crutch anyway. He would have told Sakura or whoever it happened to be about his feelings for her. The reason why he didn't tell Hinata is because there was nothing to tell. Why did Kishi ruin his manga over something so stupid?

Well fantasy is NOT realistic, now is it :hehehe:

#31 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:01 AM

Planned or not the World of Naruto was always conflict it one for a ship to survive I mean can you show me a  couple was really happy make by kishi or SP even the side families were not happy ? I mean Kushina Minato were death, Third Hokage and her wife were killed, the SP girl that were suppose to Marry Naruto, but Naruto told her cannot because he love Sakura. In a way NS could have been affect with world.

Unless SP kiss of nh were the ending of all series at least some could say that nh was happy... but if you show that absolute ending what about ss o yes in that movie that ship didn't exist.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#32 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Because they werent planned thats why.

Couple drama was never Kishi's thing to write. Neither was family drama for that matter. Before Boruto I'd never seen a shounen manga as slimy as home and away..

Anyway in naruto, couples were divided by death and unresolved feelings mostly. Narusaku escaped first(theyd both survive), and would according to plan succeed the second as well and thereby set in motion a new and happy future for the next generations.

Edited by sushi., 19 April 2018 - 08:52 PM.

ナルサク

#33 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Because they werent planned thats why.

Couple drama was never Kishi's thing to write. Neither was family drama for that matter. Before Boruto I'd never seen a shounen manga as slimy as home and away..

Anyway in naruto, couples were divided by death and unresolved feelings mostly. Narusaku escaped first(theyd both survive), and would according to plan succeed the second as well and thereby set in motion a new and happy future for the next generations.

You are right, the are not planned. They are just popular so the author thought he could get away with it.
If ss and nh are just as planned, Sasuke and Naruto Will show both thing to the girls. Narusasu has more chance to become Canon since Sasuke show her think about Naruto and vice Versa.

Sadly ns is not popular due sakura hate, Hinata popularity among fans and staff, and Kishi easily get influence from outside source to make creative decission for good or bad.

#34 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

They weren't planned...it was just a random act in the hopes of creating a lame sequel.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 21 April 2018 - 12:40 AM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#35 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:08 AM

Obviously both SS and NH were supposed to be one sided affections and were supposed to end at least half way through the manga or at least I would have. If NH was supposed to be the true pairing and if Hinata was the true heroine then why only show a handful times of them interacting and nothing romantic I mind you. Kishi had it backwards if that was the case because he used the wrong girl the entire time.

#36 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

Were they planned? WERE THEY PLANNED

Even though it's a statement, that whole "triangle - love" or love - triangle didn't work out because Sasuke was never interested in either of them.  :sweatdrop:

So how should Sakura end up with Sasuke if he actually never loved her? Magic? Same goes for Hinata and Naruto. I feel bad for Hinata because the person she married was not Naruto lol.

IF NaruHina and SasuSaku were planned, what would hint at that?: :love:

- Sakura's crush on Sasuke. :yes:

- Hinata's crush on Naruto. :yes:

- development in either Hinata's or Sakura's relation :no:

- shut - down of NaruSaku and SasuKarin :no:

- hidden signs that Naruto and Sasuke felt the same way :mellow:

- agreement in the fandom  :wallbash:

result:

they married their fangirls. :pimp:

How do you think that marriage should work out? 

Honestly, they could've let Shino end up with a STONE and then say "it was all planned from the beginning" and we weren't to question that since it's canon that's how logical it sounds to me

Edited by Kasimir38, 21 April 2018 - 09:16 AM.

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Exactly. don't believe that any of that tripe was planned from the beginning cause the manga sure as hell wasn't showing it. Plus I would like to mention that Kishi never said anything about SS being planned, he was strictly speaking only of NaruHina so obviously SasuSaku was a byproduct. he only mentioned that he took pity on Hinata not getting her "man candy" and that Sakura giving up on her deep and un-ending love for Sasuke would make her a "terrible woman" :zaru: I swear, Feminists would tie all his limbs to four different trains and have them pull all said limbs off

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 April 2018 - 02:33 PM.

#38 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, chasing after a nukenin who tried to kill his friends and people that believed in him is actually very normal for a "good woman". She would be a terrible woman if she started to fall out of love with the person that never really showed any interest in her well - doing and psychologically abused her over a long period of time. And of course, my my, Sakura would be a very superficial and shallow person if she started to develop feelings for her best friend who always supported her and loved her.

Naruto giving up on his love on Sakura is actually "mature"? "Moving on from the person that started to warm up for you, cared for you and followed you all the time? YES. Because Hinata stared at you since nursery."

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#39 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:56 AM

Does it show both marriages to be absolute trash in Boruto? It doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they show these marriages as being the greatest if they went against what most wanted? Why have it seem like all 4 of them are miserable?

From what I saw lot of negative implications overall while the anime is trying to cover it up as much as it could. Again. Kishimoto did not get the appeal of the pairing, so when he went to make them canon he made them what he thought of them getting together -Sasuke wanders around some time coming back to see the family, while Naruto spends too much time as hokage because he doesn't have a strong bond with Hinata so he neglects the family-, but with the effects from the backlash of the last he decided to truly make the pairing awful out of spite. Which is what Boruto got stuck with, and now they are trying to cover it up or justify it.

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Yeah by switching Sakura and Hinata's personalities! :lmao: for those unaware, the anime has recently shown an episode of Sakura fainting when Sasuke actually came home for once. Hinata became the scary mom. Do the math :zaru:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users