#301 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

I personally dont see it as odd.

Really? So you would be perfectly content with Sakura displaying a completely unfounded new ability without any prior foreshadowing being given for it? That wouldn't concern you not even a tad bit?

She is after-all the student of the 5th Hokage, it would be strange if she did not take any interest in her master's signature moves, She mastered Tsunade's medical techniques, her comat techniques would be only logical.

How is this relevant to Sakura developing a new ability which not even Tsunade would possess? Naruto never acquired any previously unseen ninjutsu techniques as he was under Jiraiya's tutelage. In fact, the only ability that he seemed to acquire apart from greater taijutsu skills and basic genjutsu dispelling is the Odama Rasengan which Jiraiya was capable of as well. Sasuke learned a considerable amount more from Orochimaru but you could attribute that to Orochimaru preparing his future vessel with all of the necessary skills to make it a sufficient home for his consciousness.

Her seal is her signature, Personally if Sakura manages to create a variation I'd be very impressed as she'd be perfect it (like the rasengan) and inputting some personal creativity to it.

What creativity? As unfortunate as it is to say Sakura's fighting style was rather bland before coming under Tsunade's wing. All that she displayed during the few times that she fought in P1 were clone feints and mediocre hand-to-hand combat skills which someone like Ino who's abilities are centred around acting as reconnaisance and support for her team's combat formation could match.

Sakura's potential lied in her chakra control and genjutsu abilities. The former is being capitalized on through her chakra enhanced strength and healing. All that remains which distinguishes Sakura from her colleagues is her innate capacity for genjutsu. How probable do you think it is that Sakura developed illusions entirely on her own if she has never even been instructed on how to create them in the first place? The only time that aspect of her potential was explored was when Kakashi taught Sakura the ability to dispel genjutsu.

It would also silence haters who constantly now complains she's a Tsunade number 2 and its been done before..blah blah blah

In many respects, she is. All of her abilities were originally Tsunade's. She has nothing which is uniquely her own like Naruto and Sasuke do. The only distinguishing traits that I can think of for Sakura is that she focuses her fighting style around evasion instead of enduring and regenerating from attacks like Tsunade and that she doesn't have to expend chakra to maintain her appearance. Also she doesn't have Tsunade's Ranshinsho technique.

#302 Dark_Nature

Dark_Nature

Evil Incarnated~

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:If you wanna find out just ask :D

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Not much since it was established Tsunade taught Sakura more than medical jutsu, passing on her seal is or was a probable scenario,

And I think you misunderstood my post, my point was i dont see any shame in sakura taking Tsuade's jutsu's and adding to them and/or adjusting them to her style, that way she avoids being a carbon copy i.e a complete clone but will have truely surpassed her master as Naruto mastering sage mode lead to him surpassing jiraiya,  its true sakura is like her master in many ways but that does not necessarily make her bland, Sakura's not suppose to be battle orientated but I personally find her style very ninja-like much like minato as it utilizes analytic skills before countering as opposed to the non sensual spam of attack after attack alot of characters are doing , right now kishi seems to be developing sakura more than previously and i have a suspicion her genjuts abilities will be explored further because I believe we will see a glimpse of moon eyes plan soon.

tumblr_m7jijruEWj1qiq1olo1_500.gif

"Those with power,fear me.

Those who are powerless, seek me"

#303 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Not much since it was established Tsunade taught Sakura more than medical jutsu, passing on her seal is or was a probable scenario,

What precisely did Tsunade instill into Sakura's mind aside from chakra enhanced strength that is not related in some form to curative practices? Byakugou only affords its utiliser regenerative abilities and we aren't even aware if Sakura possesses that. Even if you focus exclusively on medical abilities Tsunade is more versatile and knowledgeable as she apparently is not just capable of restoring to health Orochimaru's petrified arms (a feat which no one except her was apparently able to do) but she can also alleviate coma inducing psychological trauma in the minds of others. Two displays which Sakura has never proven that she can perform as well and I believe I already addressed Ranshinsho; one of the scarce anatomical abilities that Tsunade has which could be effectively used in a battle.

And I think you misunderstood my post, my point was i dont see any shame in sakura taking Tsuade's jutsu's and adding to them and/or adjusting them to her style, that way she avoids being a carbon copy i.e a complete clone but will have truely surpassed her master as Naruto mastering sage mode lead to him surpassing jiraiya,

Apparently you didn't read my post. Let me refer you to the part that already appropriately responded to this claim.

In many respects, she is. All of her abilities were originally Tsunade's. She has nothing which is uniquely her own like Naruto and Sasuke do. The only distinguishing traits that I can think of for Sakura is that she focuses her fighting style around evasion instead of enduring and regenerating from attacks like Tsunade and that she doesn't have to expend chakra to maintain her appearance. Also she doesn't have Tsunade's Ranshinsho technique.

The attributes which distinguished Naruto from Jiraiya were his heavy reliance on clones/Rasengan, brawler-esque taijutsu, strategic feints that allowed him to successfully attack his foe, and of course the constant usage of Kurama's chakra which he was given as an infant. Sakura has none of that. She has no signature techniques or abilities, no personalized tactical foresight, nor any sort of prior foundational qualities with which to individualize herself aside from an unexplored knack for genjutsu which Kishi seems to have already discarded when he had Kakashi state that Sakura was "originally" a genjutsu type.

Naruto had Kurama to tame and Sasuke was born with the potential to acquire his clan's most cherished abilities which originate from their KG, the Sharingan. That is what sets them apart from Jiraiya and Orochimaru.

its true sakura is like her master in many ways but that does not necessarily make her bland,

No, it just paints her in the light of having no definable qualities with which to call her own. Of course, I suppose you could argue that since Sakura is intended to epitomize a "normal girl" that her abilities would impacted by this as well. She has nothing with which is her own exclusively. Everything that she has acquired was originally someone else's, similar to Rock Lee whom I believe is supposed to represent human weakness.

Sakura's not suppose to be battle orientated but I personally find her style very ninja-like much like minato as it utilizes analytic skills before countering as opposed to the non sensual spam of attack after attack alot of characters are doing ,

I apologize,  when was the last time that this occurred? All of the way back during the fight against Sasori which was hundreds of chapters ago. Since then the only direct combat situations that she has been placed in are her incapacitation of Pain's centipede summoning using nothing but brute force, rendering her team unconscious in the Land of Iron, attempting to fool Sasuke so she could kill him, reacting to White Zetsu lunging at her from behind, and recently with her defeating a group of the Jubi replicas she used nothing but raw strength. I'll concede that two of these situations relied on a certain amount of strategic feinting but I wouldn't really call that "analytical".

As for non combat situations, her analytical thinking did uncover the specifics behind White Zetsu's connection to Hashirama which is impressive but this a conversation referring to Sakura's unoriginal techniques, not this passive interpretive aptitude she has.

right now kishi seems to be developing sakura more than previously and i have a suspicion her genjuts abilities will be explored further because I believe we will see a glimpse of moon eyes plan soon.

You do understand that Tsukuyomi has been claimed to be frangible only if you possess the MS, correct? Kakashi who not only has a superior genjutsu stat compared to Sakura but also the Sharingan was unable to defeat it. What hope would someone who lacks the necessary qualities to defend against Tsukuyomi have at fighting against it; let alone a variant of the technique which is being enhanced by the chakra of the most powerful force in nature. Furthermore, this genjutsu prowess that Sakura once had has not been addressed since the beginning of P2 where we received a very suggestive statement which could very well have been insinuating that Sakura has forsaken that aspect of her character.

Honestly, there's a greater likelihood at this point that we'll see Sakura activate Slug Sage Mode. At least that would complement the one notable quality she still has which is precise chakra control.

#304 Turson

Turson

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Honestly, there's a greater likelihood at this point that we'll see Sakura activate Slug Sage Mode. At least that would complement the one notable quality she still has which is precise chakra control.

After last chapter Im almost certain of it. It would be an easy way for Kishimoto to:

1. Bring her even closer to to Narutos and Sasukes level.

2. Make her surpass Tsunade. Few months ago I would say that it could be only mentioned in an epilogue, but after last chapters its very probable that we shall see overpowered Sakura in some action.

Seriously, SM Sakura would be quite a beast. If SM Naruto was able to throw up Pains rhino into the air (keep in mind, that summon had comparable size to Gamabunta), then its hard to imagine how strong SM Sakura would be.

Edited by Turson, 19 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, byakugo, hyakugo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users