#27241 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

^^^^

That's disturbing ... The fact that Obito will murder Kushina and her husband latter.

I F-ing hate uchihas .... they are all need to be exterminated and burn in hell.

As much as i hate Danzou , he make one right decision which is to kill them all.

Considering the elders, being students of Tobirama, knew about the "Curse of Hatred" the Uchiha have, coupled with the Uchiha Clan's complete rebuff of any attempts at settling things peacefully through Hiruzen and others, the elders really didn't have much choice. Either...

A.) Give the Uchiha what they want and hand complete control of Konoha to them, which was out of the question.

B.) Do nothing and risk civil war; something that the village couldn't afford, especially so soon after Kurama's attack and the loss of Minato and such.

C.) Eliminate the Uchiha Clan to prevent the former two.

...Kishi's attempts to make the Uchiha into total victims only shot them in the foot because it hands the elders the "perfect excuse" to eliminate them because...well...wouldn't you have done the same if you knew a Clan of powerful doujutsu wielders were predestined to turn into power-hungry, murderous psychopaths from "loving too much"? Heck, one could even make the argument that their elimination was a "mercy". Ones like Itachi, Shisui, and Mikoto seemed to be exceptions rather than the rule because of the "curse".

2e5.gif

#27242 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

The Uchihas makes Xehanort look like a frigging saint and that's saying something.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 07 April 2019 - 05:18 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#27243 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

Uchiha is ticking time bomb , it's only a matter of time before they turn bad. They are a bunch of people that can't move on , they can't accept their loved one death and they suddenly going into "I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD" mode. Not only that they are EASILY manipulated , Obito believe in Madara too fast and "I'M GOING TO PUT EVERYONE INTO DREAM" mode , and Sasuke believe in Tobi too fast and was like :"WE ARE TAKA AND TAKA HAVE ONLY ONE GOAL , DESTROY KONOHA" mode. These people are crazy and it's dangerous , they are the source of almost all problem , even though time and time again people said that they are prodigy or natural born genius , Sasuke and Obito just believe what people told them instantly without trying to find evidence themselves. One boy goes to destroy the world after the girl he loved murdered and the other boy let's see how many times he change his goal : first to kill brother , then to destroy konoha , then to become hokage. Sasuke is soo frickin easy to manipulated he change his goal 3 times , he is aimless he has no goal or dream , he just following emotion , and adding into that he is power hungry and can't accept a dropout surpassing him. But of course looks is everything , as long as they look handsome , cool jutsus , red eye , bad boy .... these psychopaths , murderer will always have a fans that will defend and justify what they did , their fans is the same as them.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#27244 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Considering the elders, being students of Tobirama, knew about the "Curse of Hatred" the Uchiha have, coupled with the Uchiha Clan's complete rebuff of any attempts at settling things peacefully through Hiruzen and others, the elders really didn't have much choice. Either...

A.) Give the Uchiha what they want and hand complete control of Konoha to them, which was out of the question.

B.) Do nothing and risk civil war; something that the village couldn't afford, especially so soon after Kurama's attack and the loss of Minato and such.

...Kishi's attempts to make the Uchiha into total victims only shot them in the foot because it hands the elders the "perfect excuse" to eliminate them because...well...wouldn't you have done the same if you knew a Clan of powerful doujutsu wielders were predestined to turn into power-hungry, murderous psychopaths from "loving too much"? Heck, one could even make the argument that their elimination was a "mercy". Ones like Itachi, Shisui, and Mikoto seemed to be exceptions rather than the rule because of the "curse".

God, I always hated that, oh they do bad things "because they love too much."

You can tell Kishi pulled that out his ass, oh wait it shouldn't come as a shock as we know how much he loves the Uchiha clan.

Uchiha is ticking time bomb , it's only a matter of time before they turn bad. They are a bunch of people that can't move on , they can't accept their loved one death and they suddenly going into "I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD" mode. Not only that they are EASILY manipulated , Obito believe in Madara too fast and "I'M GOING TO PUT EVERYONE INTO DREAM" mode , and Sasuke believe in Tobi too fast and was like :"WE ARE TAKA AND TAKA HAVE ONLY ONE GOAL , DESTROY KONOHA" mode. These people are crazy and it's dangerous , they are the source of almost all problem , even though time and time again people said that they are prodigy or natural born genius , Sasuke and Obito just believe what people told them instantly without trying to find evidence themselves. One boy goes to destroy the world after the girl he loved murdered and the other boy let's see how many times he change his goal : first to kill brother , then to destroy konoha , then to become hokage. Sasuke is soo frickin easy to manipulated he change his goal 3 times , he is aimless he has no goal or dream , he just following emotion , and adding into that he is power hungry and can't accept a dropout surpassing him. But of course looks is everything , as long as they look handsome , cool jutsus , red eye , bad boy .... these psychopaths , murderer will always have a fans that will defend and justify what they did , their fans is the same as them.

But we need to love the Uchiha and feel sorry for them Yyubie that's what Kishi wanted we need to feel sorry for such a misunderstood clan and love them no matter what they do.

Yeah right, Kishi is a hack writer, but it's what Kishi and Sasuke fans like to say to people.

#27245 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

You can tell Kishi pulled that out his ass, oh wait it shouldn't come as a shock as we know how much he loves the Uchiha clan.

But we need to love the Uchiha and feel sorry for them Yyubie that's what Kishi wanted we need to feel sorry for such a misunderstood clan and love them no matter what they do.

Yeah right, Kishi is a hack writer, but it's what Kishi and Sasuke fans like to say to people.

9mD8.gif

giphy.gif

I think i'm the only one in this forum or probably in the world that hate them so much. But i'm really serious when i said these people this clan have to be exterminated , why ? In that era there is always war or battle to be fought , it's only a matter of time before someone died. If a person died in battle and that person happen to be some uchihas love one ... then that uchiha will go crazy and be like "Everyone must feel my pain" and go destroy a world or village. That's why i said they are a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before they turn crazy because they "LOVE TOO MUCH".

Madara goes crazy after his brother dead

Itachi goes crazy after his best friend got killed

Obito goes insane after his crush got killed

Sasuke goes crazy after killing Itachi

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Each of them try to destroy the world after that , except for Itachi , he murder his own clan down to the last women and child (i believe there was a baby and a child the night he killed them all , even imagining it makes me wants to threw up , he is sick all of uchiha is a sick person , of course they didn't show him kill a baby or a child but it's common sense , there should be children and baby because uchiha is a big clan).

That's more than enough prove that these people are insane , psychopaths , and crazy. I could go to the detail , but i rather not.

Edited by Yyubie, 07 April 2019 - 09:54 PM.

#27246 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Exactly. Which is why the best option in the story was to kill them all. The Uchiha needed to end.

It's only a matter of time until one of them loses a loved one whether it's a human or even a pet and then they go berserk and decide the best way to deal with such a loss is to kill everyone in the world or to enslave everyone in their dream world because they can't deal with reality.

Sasuke should've been the last of the Uchiha's, he should've died in the final battle and thus the cycle will end. Of course this doesn't fix the world's problems 100%, but at least one major one will be gone and they won't have to wait patiently until inevitably one of the Uchiha's losses it and goes all psycho.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27247 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

9mD8.gif

giphy.gif

I think i'm the only one in this forum or probably in the world that hate them so much. But i'm really serious when i said these people this clan have to be exterminated , why ? In that era there is always war or battle to be fought , it's only a matter of time before someone died. If a person died in battle and that person happen to be some uchihas love one ... then that uchiha will go crazy and be like "Everyone must feel my pain" and go destroy a world or village. That's why i said they are a ticking time bomb and it's only a matter of time before they turn crazy because they "LOVE TOO MUCH".

Each of them try to destroy the world after that , except for Itachi , he murder his own clan down to the last women and child (i believe there was a baby and a child the night he killed them all , even imagining it makes me wants to threw up , he is sick all of uchiha is a sick person , of course they didn't show him kill a baby or a child but it's common sense , there should be children and baby because uchiha is a big clan).

That's more than enough prove that these people are insane , psychopaths , and crazy. I could go to the detail , but i rather not.

Oh I hate them all too, and I'm happy Itachi killed all of them off, it's just that he failed in killing his brother, then we would have a good show makes me wish I was there I would have killed the Uchiha off with my Tommy Gun or any other gun.

With Hinata, I would use a sniper and shot her in the head on her wedding day right when the priest says does anyone object to these two people being together, speak now.

BAM shot in the head.

#27248 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

9mD8.gif

giphy.gif

Leave it to Kishimoto to take a plot device like genocide and try to spin it as a necessary evil (if not a good thing altogether)

That and his attempt to make the Uchiha sympathetic victims backfired spectacularly. He's essentially saying that if an Uchiha loves, and it is taken from them, they take it out on everyone. He MIGHT have been able to get away with this if the Uchiha as a clan had a fairly messed up philosophy (like if a loved one is taken from you, the whole world must PAY). But instead, he's suggesting like they are genetically PREDISPOSED to do this. He is literally robbing his characters of choice (and not just the Uchihas...but everyone).

Did Harashima even know this? NO ONE in their right mind would ally with this clan! It's bad enough to put one ticking time bomb in your village, and then some idiot suggest going with a whole clan of them!?

#27249 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Leave it to Kishimoto to take a plot device like genocide and try to spin it as a necessary evil (if not a good thing altogether)

That and his attempt to make the Uchiha sympathetic victims backfired spectacularly. He's essentially saying that if an Uchiha loves, and it is taken from them, they take it out on everyone. He MIGHT have been able to get away with this if the Uchiha as a clan had a fairly messed up philosophy (like if a loved one is taken from you, the whole world must PAY). But instead, he's suggesting like they are genetically PREDISPOSED to do this. He is literally robbing his characters of choice (and not just the Uchihas...but everyone).

Did Harashima even know this? NO ONE in their right mind would ally with this clan! It's bad enough to put one ticking time bomb in your village, and then some idiot suggest going with a whole clan of them!?

Please. Kishi ended the series glorifying child soldiers, the man has no idea of what his stories are really saying. Boruto is about continuing the same broken-ass system Kishi showed to have horrifying consequences. The fact that Konoha has committed a genocide or two doesn't matter so much as the fact that by hiding it, ensuring that the victims never get justice, Konoha won't feel as bad. And who cares that being a ninja means training kids from a young age the skills needed to turn them into soldiers, throw them into life or death situations when they're still in their teens, and threaten to execute them if they want to escape from the village that did this to them. Don't think about how dehumanizing this is or the idea of indoctrination, this is a shonen series after all. It's not like stuff that targets kids can't tell deep or thought-provoking stories. Teenagers can only handle black and white morality, and everyone who has problems with the ninja system are wrong because they didn't get over it to continue supporting such a way of life.

Naruto is, without a doubt, one of the most disgusting anime ever once you strip away the fantasy setting.

Attached Files

Edited by RulesofNature, 08 April 2019 - 05:21 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27250 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:24 AM

Please. Kishi ended the series glorifying child soldiers, the man has no idea of what his stories are really saying. Boruto is about continuing the same broken-ass system Kishi showed to have horrifying consequences. The fact that Konoha has committed a genocide or two doesn't matter so much as the fact that by hiding it, ensuring that the victims never get justice, Konoha won't feel as bad. And who cares that being a ninja means training kids from a young age the skills needed to turn them into soldiers, throw them into life or death situations when they're still in their teens, and threaten to execute them if they want to escape from the village that did this to them. Don't think about how dehumanizing this is or the idea of indoctrination, this is a shonen series after all. It's not like stuff that targets kids can't tell deep or thought-provoking stories. Teenagers can only handle black and white morality, and everyone who has problems with the ninja system are wrong because they didn't get over it to continue supporting such a way of life.

Naruto is, without a doubt, one of the most disgusting anime ever once you strip away the fantasy setting.

Funny thing is, something like Pokemon is the same way - strip away the bright colors, fantasy setting, cartoon villainy, friendship talk, and all that, and you got a show glorifying animal poaching and fighting/cruelty.

2e5.gif

#27251 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Funny thing is, something like Pokemon is the same way - strip away the bright colors, fantasy setting, cartoon villainy, friendship talk, and all that, and you got a show glorifying animal poaching and fighting/cruelty.

How is it glorifying it? Poaching and the cruelty are frowned upon in Pokemon.

#27252 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

How is it glorifying it? Poaching and the cruelty are frowned upon in Pokemon.

I have no idea maybe in the games it could work, but in the Anime, many pokemon join Ash or our heroes so they can get stronger hell Bye Bye Butterfree, anyone.

#27253 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Hmm, well if you want to go that route, ANY monster  partnership/taming media is like that then. Digimon, Yokai Watch etc. is glorifying "animal cage fights" for their master's whims and no matter how justified the reasons are, it is all about animal cruelty. Series such as Digimon or Mosnter Rancher would actually be even worse about it, all things considered, because you actually see Digimon (in the anime at least) and monsters from Monster Rancher dying. When you take into consideration that these media are about befriending the monsters you collect and that fights in some of them are not "lethal and to the death" the the whole "animal cruelty" and "glorified animal cage fighting for profit" becomes a simplified exaggeration.

Yes that is true. But that is the same vein as Dragon Ball glorifies genocide and planetary destruction (which could extend to entire glaxies or universes) or the Saiyans being space pirates that plunder and raid worlds for profits, Yugioh making games that are meant to be fun and relaxing to actual cold blooded torture and suffering with one's life on the line, or how Gundam may actually be giving the message that "war is cool" if you are piloting a giant robotic suit of armor and other fantastical fictional weapons. I'm not saying that those series are bad or disgusting, but only pointing out that if you want to break it down like that, then A LOT of Shonen series do what Naruto does

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 April 2019 - 01:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27254 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:21 AM

It leaves me wondering "what's the point?"
I mean, they say it was "to explain stuff," but the simple fact of its existence defeats itself. Why did NH need to be explained in the movie if it was so obvious in the manga? Why need Toneri to push the NH narrative? They wrote the movie BEFORE they actually wrote the ending and they still screwed it up.
I am beating a dead horse I know, but this line always sticks out
Sakura: "Naruto, you should ask if you can walk Hinata home"
Naruto: "Why?"
Really? You really had Naruto say that? The person who is supposedly so much in love with Hinata since the beginning "apparently" questions why he should be romantic to her? Let alone wondering why this scene exists in the first place if Naruto already acknowledged Hinata's love.
It is mind boggling how any person can see any of this as "a good thing."
I also hate the excuse:
"Naruto loves Hinata since the beginning, he just didn't know it yet."
Which is one of the most dumb things I have ever heard.

Yes that line should have told us Naruto has learned nothing, plus that's embrassening, it's sad when vegeta and piccolo are better parents especially vegeta is a better husband post buu.

Out of all the original anime content (even though it's from revolution) is one of my favorite bits. 

It was just really cool seeing Team Kakashi before the entire Kanabi Bridge event taking place. 

That, and I also really liked Obito and Kushina's interaction they were really nice! 

Even Kushina's moment with Rin was cute too.

It shows that Stephanie puts more effort into voicing rin than hinata.

The Uchihas makes Xehanort look like a frigging saint and that's saying something.

After playing kh3 I agree.

Assume everything after pain was pulled out of his assistant even the kushina stuff though that's the last bit in this train wreck of a series. Why the hell should I feel sorry for Sasuke, it's like trying to make feel sorry for Michael, Freddy, Shao khan.

9mD8.gif
giphy.gif

I'm noticing a pattern there.

Oh I hate them all too, and I'm happy Itachi killed all of them off, it's just that he failed in killing his brother, then we would have a good show makes me wish I was there I would have killed the Uchiha off with my Tommy Gun or any other gun.

With Hinata, I would use a sniper and shot her in the head on her wedding day right when the priest says does anyone object to these two people being together, speak now.

BAM shot in the head.

Same though that's one way I'd do the nh wedding stuff, or do the post credits scene in deadpool 2 where real Deadpool kills origins wolverine deadpool.

#27255 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:39 AM

Exactly. Which is why the best option in the story was to kill them all. The Uchiha needed to end.

It's only a matter of time until one of them loses a loved one whether it's a human or even a pet and then they go berserk and decide the best way to deal with such a loss is to kill everyone in the world or to enslave everyone in their dream world because they can't deal with reality.

Sasuke should've been the last of the Uchiha's, he should've died in the final battle and thus the cycle will end. Of course this doesn't fix the world's problems 100%, but at least one major one will be gone and they won't have to wait patiently until inevitably one of the Uchiha's losses it and goes all psycho.

I love you , you said it better than me.

When someone said "Don't judge people by how their looks" , trust me ... that is a sweet lie and just lips service at best.

These piece of scum still have fanatics (i believe in this forum too , especially Saske) despite the facts that they are clearly insane , why ? Because they look cool and handsome , at the end of the day it always about how they look.

#27256 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:31 AM

I love you , you said it better than me.

When someone said "Don't judge people by how their looks" , trust me ... that is a sweet lie and just lips service at best.

These piece of scum still have fanatics (i believe in this forum too , especially Saske) despite the facts that they are clearly insane , why ? Because they look cool and handsome , at the end of the day it always about how they look.

I love you too. :love:  :D 

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27257 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

Really though, the Uchiha have never been a problem until Kishi tried to paint them as sob victims that are not to blame for their actions. The Uchiha actually provided an interesting contrast and dynamic to Naruto and several other characters in the story UNTIL they became the "creator's pets". Same with Sasuke. he was never a problem until Kishi's "man crush-gasms" for him made him BS and excuse all of Sasuke's choices and not have him take responsibility for them, because what man or woman would NOT forgive him and "want to make love to his SEXINESS?" :th_yeah:  :banana:

honestly the most DISGUSTING message this series has to offer is that if your past is tragic and full of crap, you are excused for all of your horrible and heinous actions/choices. All is forgiven. And you can even go back to being the same scumbag that you were before, scot-free 

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 April 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#27258 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

Hmm, well if you want to go that route, ANY monster  partnership/taming media is like that then. Digimon, Yokai Watch etc. is glorifying "animal cage fights" for their master's whims and no matter how justified the reasons are, it is all about animal cruelty. Series such as Digimon or Mosnter Rancher would actually be even worse about it, all things considered, because you actually see Digimon (in the anime at least) and monsters from Monster Rancher dying. When you take into consideration that these media are about befriending the monsters you collect and that fights in some of them are not "lethal and to the death" the the whole "animal cruelty" and "glorified animal cage fighting for profit" becomes a simplified exaggeration.

Yes that is true. But that is the same vein as Dragon Ball glorifies genocide and planetary destruction (which could extend to entire glaxies or universes) or the Saiyans being space pirates that plunder and raid worlds for profits, Yugioh making games that are meant to be fun and relaxing to actual cold blooded torture and suffering with one's life on the line, or how Gundam may actually be giving the message that "war is cool" if you are piloting a giant robotic suit of armor and other fantastical fictional weapons. I'm not saying that those series are bad or disgusting, but only pointing out that if you want to break it down like that, then A LOT of Shonen series do what Naruto does

True story, I once considered doing a Pokemon theme song parody with Pitbulls instead of Pokemon and showing the "trainers" all being hauled off to jail as they're singing.

When did Dragonball glorify genocide? Dragonball has consistently painted killing large groups of innocent people as bad. The people who commited mass murderers were bad guys (Frieza, Cell, etc). I guess you could argue some like Vegeta and (Fat) Majin Buu got off the hook, but at least they changed their ways after the fact. 

As for the Gundam argument, you could say the same for all military weapons. You can easily say that tanks and fighter jets are awesome, but if you were using them in active duty, whether it's due to close calls or guilt, you would probably feel a little bit jaded in your views of them. It's all fun and games until you actually use them to kill somebody (and risk getting killed in the process). Mobile Suits are more or less treated the same way: They're weapons. From a design standpoint, they are cool. But almost none of the protagonists enjoyed getting inside them and using them.

The thing with Naruto is that they painted Konoha as this village with a shady history (it's probably the same for all the other villages, but we don't have enough information on them) and kitten politics. We were hoping Naruto would put a stop to those things, but in Boruto it's pretty ambiguous at best. Children are still used for war, and Naruto is allowing Orochimaru to do as he pleases. They seem to mask it by making Boruto something of a more colorful series (at least in the anime). So, it just feels weird that someone as pure as Naruto (at least, when we PERCEIVED him to be) to become part of this system.

#27259 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

True story, I once considered doing a Pokemon theme song parody with Pitbulls instead of Pokemon and showing the "trainers" all being hauled off to jail as they're singing.

When did Dragonball glorify genocide? Dragonball has consistently painted killing large groups of innocent people as bad. The people who commited mass murderers were bad guys (Frieza, Cell, etc). I guess you could argue some like Vegeta and (Fat) Majin Buu got off the hook, but at least they changed their ways after the fact. 
As for the Gundam argument, you could say the same for all military weapons. You can easily say that tanks and fighter jets are awesome, but if you were using them in active duty, whether it's due to close calls or guilt, you would probably feel a little bit jaded in your views of them. It's all fun and games until you actually use them to kill somebody (and risk getting killed in the process). Mobile Suits are more or less treated the same way: They're weapons. From a design standpoint, they are cool. But almost none of the protagonists enjoyed getting inside them and using them.

The thing with Naruto is that they painted Konoha as this village with a shady history (it's probably the same for all the other villages, but we don't have enough information on them) and kitten politics. We were hoping Naruto would put a stop to those things, but in Boruto it's pretty ambiguous at best. Children are still used for war, and Naruto is allowing Orochimaru to do as he pleases. They seem to mask it by making Boruto something of a more colorful series (at least in the anime). So, it just feels weird that someone as pure as Naruto (at least, when we PERCEIVED him to be) to become part of this system.

So naruto was full of kitten, plus peace is a myth and lie even in naruto. There's always going to someone stronger and worse to deal with. To quote mcu ultron I think your confusing peace with quite.

#27260 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

Well glorifying may be the wrong way to put it but my argument stands. Dragon ball may not be glorifying genocide, but it doesn't seem like destroying entire worlds, galaxies, or even universes is a big deal for the story, especially when considering the top god of the multiverse can and DID destroy entire universes on his whims.

On your point on Gundam, yes that would be the same thing but do you see tanks and missles etc. being the focus of the series? my point on that is Gundams and Mobile suits don't exist in real life but they are played as fantasy weapons that can tip the balance in one side's favor that also does not exist in real life, ergo, "cool".

My point ultimately in comparing those series to Naruto is that if you strip away all of the the coolness factors, they are essentially the same thing, they depict pretty violent and sentient being rights violating content, but that is to portray a message. I don't know what Dragon Ball's is besides upping the stakes but such is the conclusion of cosmic level battles. Gundam DOES show the after effects of war and how terrible it is but so did Naruto. Naruto delved into the psychologcal effects and consequences of war, it just went nowhere and did nothing with it. That is the problem and difference between Naruto and other series, Naruto did not conclude what it wanted to write because the "show must go on so to speak" and they are not giving up the ninja action for a slice of life series so, So Naruto ended up being a hypocrite.

I'm just saying that Naruto glorifying war and child soldiers is not the issue that we have with it because if you WANT to look at things factually many shonen series that have wars etc. go that route too, and like I said Naruto WAS showing the negative aspects of war and deconstructing tropes like those other series, but because executives "got greedy" Naruto ended up looking like a " lying, self-ego stroking scumbag". That is the issue. I'm just stating that facts or points of view works both ways, that is all. If you say Naruto is glorifying child soldiers, sure okay, but remember other anime series do that too, like Gundam Wing (the pilots are only in their teens after all). so it is not the writing, It is the conclusion of the writing that we hate, or actually LACK OF CONCLUSION since greedy a-holes won't leave the series be, and want to keep pulling on the money cow's "udder". That is what ended up destroying the story and making it not meaningful at all. Naruto hit the end of it's line but Shueisha and SP would not let it stop so it kept extending that line even though it was not feasible nor logical for the plot.

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 June 2019 - 01:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users