Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:13 PM

Even back when it was happening i remember how everyone was like "Dude Hinata confessed her love to Naruto and he promptly forgot about it." and it stayed forgotten about all the way up to The Last and they had to make it so Naruto--the guy who was like a sponge of empathy didn't know what love was. 

The same guy who was talking to Sai about how he couldn't confess HIS love to Sakura because he felt inadequate. The same guy who kept making speeches about gaining love and recognition and forging bonds lmao.

But NH just shrugged it all off because Naruto looking like a garbage person is nbd when it comes to NH. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#28142 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

Like I said, they HAVE TO BS IT both in canon AND IN THEIR MINDS, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. Hinata confessed to Naruto and he was still showing affection and interest in Sakura, So what can you do about it? Erase the whole thing and make Naruto look like a hypocritical douche-bag that has no idea what love is, and obliterate his relationship with Sakura by saying he only wanted her as a "trophy wife". Hell, even Hinata is a "trophy wife" when you think about it. They don't communicate or show emotional connection or openness with each other. she just keeps house and babysits the kids for him, and he only returns home when he damn well feels like it which is almost never. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 November 2019 - 12:38 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28143 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:00 PM

Made Naruto lose all faith in himself in wanting to "protect everyone", nearly made Naruto kill himself by releasing Kurama from the seal, and nearly caused the destruction of what remained of Konoha, its people, and the world thus rendering everyone's efforts pointless. The only reason it didn't reach the third point is because of Minato seal hax.

agreed I pointed That out before to others like on da and I don't think they listen, cause it's only cause of Minato Naruto beat pain. 

what's funny is that it could have been another character and it would have been the same result. Hinata's worth isn't even that great in the grand scheme of things.  Now yes I understand she was chosen for a reason as she wanted to confess her feelings, but still it doesn't change anything in that her reason for fighting Pain at that point was stupid and her love confession had no impact despite what her worshipers say because Naruto never cared about it nor addressed it for the rest of the story. Only in that Last after he was FORCED TO WATCH HOW MUCH Hinata was crushing on him, then they get married. Point is, she didn't do anything of worth, so I don't get where this praise to her comes from

Agreed that's how useless hinata is.

#28144 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:36 AM

I'm going to be off-key admin for a bit.

All of this talk about Hinata and the stunts she had pull just screamed to me, she was nothing but a HOE. A SIDE HOE more or less that somehow got promoted to the main chick behind the scenes. This franchise is like we're watching and discussing reality TV, especially black reality TV like Housewives or Love & Hip-Hop. And that, is a headache.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28145 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

How dareeeee you! I happen to like those shows. :rawr: 

I'm not exactly the best fan of Hinata--but that whole Genjustu scarf thing was not really her fault, Toneri instigated it.  What is her fault is constantly putting herself in danger for Naruto--to the point that other people get hurt or die FOR her. What is her fault is putting Naruto above the needs of her kids, it's not her job to excuse his behavior it's her job to explain to him that yea the village is important but so is their family and that someday he's going to regret not being as present as he should be. 

Instead what we get out of her is someone who continually throws herself into danger and excuses all of Nardo's faults by being like "You gotta understand how hard it is for Nardo-kun, young boy who I birthed." 

And lets not even get to the fact that we never actually saw the Hyuuga being held accountable for basically keeping slaves. That's exactly what the branch family was, slaves. 

#28146 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:31 AM

Just so I have the context straight, knitting the scarf is not her fault?

#28147 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:39 AM

I would compare Hinata to Kim Kardashian but they're both too stupid to be offended.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28148 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:21 AM

Just so I have the context straight, knitting the scarf is not her fault?

She knit an inanimate object that another person used to guilt-trip someone. It's not like she knit the Scarf and was like "huhuhu i have poured all my fond memories to entrap a man" She had no way of knowing it would be used like that. 

The movie is still a cluster kitten and I still hate it, and I don't like Hinata but the scarf genjutsu thing is like the least worst thing she's done. Knitting the scarf while her sister was missing eyeballs was pretty bad tho :zaru: 

#28149 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Well yeah, I know she's not responsible for it so I never blamed her for that particular circumstance. I just find it PATHETIC AND SAD that a couple that has been "planned from the beginning" needed such a cheap cop out/stunt to get Naruto to feel ANYTHING for Hinata. what's even more hilarious is at the start of the movie he's become the "babe magnet" that he was always envious of Sasuke for. :zaru:

#28150 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

And for anyone that missed this, a while back James recounts someone saying that there was this comment stating how Sakura is useless and weak because she is using hand-me down techniques that Tsunade taught her, but Hinata's jutsus are UNIQUE or she at least worked hard to create them or something along those lines. Anyone want to take a crack at demolishing this piece of kitten argument? I sure have stuff to say about it.

Simple. The utility and strength of a technique has no relation to whether it was developed by its users or learner from another. In other words, who cares if its an original or not? If you like her character better for it. Great, but it doesn’t have any bearing on her strength or usefulness of a character.

As an aside, did the manga actually say her technique was an original? Do we know how hard she worked?

#28151 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

Simple. The utility and strength of a technique has no relation to whether it was developed by its users or learner from another. In other words, who cares if its an original or not? If you like her character better for it. Great, but it doesn’t have any bearing on her strength or usefulness of a character.

As an aside, did the manga actually say her technique was an original? Do we know how hard she worked?

Last I saw, the Lion Palms is not an original technique of hers, but is simply a higher level Main House technique, so everything she has is just as much a "hand-me-down" as Sakura's techniques from Tsunades or even worse because they're all from a family as opposed to stuff developed by an individual like Tsunade did.

2e5.gif

#28152 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

I also don't particularly care about originality, the Sharingan is not original, the Chidori is not original, nor is susanoo or amaterasu or the rasengan or sage mode--they occur in rarity and power scale but they repeat and no one really qq's about it. 

Just about any Hyuuga can do what Hinata does--excluding random The LAST powerup. Her sister was better than her, Neji was better than her as far as we've been shown and told pre Boruto. 

Even if Sakura is a copy of Tsunade she has apparently exceeded her in talent and done things that Shizune who has been with Tsunade for years could not do. 

#28153 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

I also don't particularly care about originality, the Sharingan is not original, the Chidori is not original, nor is susanoo or amaterasu or the rasengan or sage mode--they occur in rarity and power scale but they repeat and no one really qq's about it. 

Just about any Hyuuga can do what Hinata does--excluding random The LAST powerup. Her sister was better than her, Neji was better than her as far as we've been shown and told pre Boruto. 

Even if Sakura is a copy of Tsunade she has apparently exceeded her in talent and done things that Shizune who has been with Tsunade for years could not do. 

Plus we saw how Sakura soaked up all her training from Tsunade, like being able to whip up an antidote for Sasori's poison after extracting it from Kankuro, and even when hurt, managing to heal some of Naruto's wounds when he went berserk with Kurama's chakra fighting Orochimaru, and her motivation to want to learn the sealing Jutsu Yamato/Tenzo used, even if she couldn't do it. And further proof why canon sucks ass.

#28154 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, but here's the thing: Sakura is in fact a more powerful shinobi than Tsunade. Hands down. That she inherited a technique from Tsunade has nothing to do with her skills or abilities. Everyone single ninja is taught the techniques that they improve on. But Sakura is something more....

Tsunade:

- From a super famous ninja clan

- Born with a legacy of ability (inherited her skill)

- Raised in an environment that supported those abilities

- has an animal summons contract, either inherited or gifted by someone

- had a teammate who also was a highly skilled med-nin (Orochimaru)

- has a protege/partner in Shizune who understands and complements her abilities

- lived a full shinobi life, and apparently came into medic work at an older age (based on her talks with Dan in her 20s)

Sakura:

- No clan

- No known inherited skill or legacy of family abilities

- Not raised in clan who supported and taught her how to use/improve her techniques

- No animal summons contract

- No teammate who was a med-nin

- No partner/protege who has anything close to her skill set. No other known med-nins that she partners with

- Began medical training while still a young shinobi, dual training in both, while still performing all the same duties as her team

Sakura (in her late teens) is as powerful at the beginning of her career than Tsunade (in her 50s) at the peak of her career. She will far out surpass her.

By age 16, she already has.

And if you want to compare based on power/family stats, Tsunade and Hinata have way more in common. Both are the princesses from powerful clans. Both are gifted with abilities, rank and power. 

Sakura has absolutely none of that. Tsunade and Hinata were born on home base. Sakura had to build the dang ball field before she could even begin to play in the game!

However, you know who else grew up with wild abilities, no clan and no support, just a drive to succeed? Uh.... yeah. That would be Naruto. 

There is no comparison of Hinata and Sakura. And the only matched partner for Sakura is Naruto. And vice versa.

#28155 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, but here's the thing: Sakura is in fact a more powerful shinobi than Tsunade. Hands down. That she inherited a technique from Tsunade has nothing to do with her skills or abilities. Everyone single ninja is taught the techniques that they improve on. But Sakura is something more....

Tsunade:

- From a super famous ninja clan

- Born with a legacy of ability (inherited her skill)

- Raised in an environment that supported those abilities

- has an animal summons contract, either inherited or gifted by someone

- had a teammate who also was a highly skilled med-nin (Orochimaru)

- has a protege/partner in Shizune who understands and complements her abilities

- lived a full shinobi life, and apparently came into medic work at an older age (based on her talks with Dan in her 20s)

Sakura:

- No clan

- No known inherited skill or legacy of family abilities

- Not raised in clan who supported and taught her how to use/improve her techniques

- No animal summons contract

- No teammate who was a med-nin

- No partner/protege who has anything close to her skill set. No other known med-nins that she partners with

- Began medical training while still a young shinobi, dual training in both, while still performing all the same duties as her team

Sakura (in her late teens) is as powerful at the beginning of her career than Tsunade (in her 50s) at the peak of her career. She will far out surpass her.

By age 16, she already has.

And if you want to compare based on power/family stats, Tsunade and Hinata have way more in common. Both are the princesses from powerful clans. Both are gifted with abilities, rank and power. 

Sakura has absolutely none of that. Tsunade and Hinata were born on home base. Sakura had to build the dang ball field before she could even begin to play in the game!

However, you know who else grew up with wild abilities, no clan and no support, just a drive to succeed? Uh.... yeah. That would be Naruto. 

There is no comparison of Hinata and Sakura. And the only matched partner for Sakrua is Naruto. And vice versa.

Exactly.

What's also important is that, I said this awhile back, none of the fans realized that Sakura was also an underdog, like Naruto and Rock Lee. No one never, ever mentioned this about Sakura at all for some reason. They never put her in the category because of her flaws the fans ALWAYS want to complain about, especially her infatuation with Sasuke. Many said Hinata was one but no, Sakura was an underdog and the clues were right in front of our faces the entire time yet they ignored it (possible because we truly didn't received a background of her because of the Uchiha and other plot devices dominated the entire story).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28156 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Naruto WAS an underdog--was being the distinction. As it turns out he was being guided by fate all along. He was just some inheritor to a chakra that could save the world or somekitten. Doesn't that defeat what an underdog actually is? An underdog is someone who is actively fighting against the odds and circumstances of their existence and world. He might have started out that way but by the end, he was anything but. In the end he turned out to just be a pawn, same as Neji. 

#28157 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

Exactly.

What's also important is that, I said this awhile back, none of the fans realized that Sakura was also an underdog, like Naruto and Rock Lee. No one never, ever mentioned this about Sakura at all for some reason. They never put her in the category because of her flaws the fans ALWAYS want to complain about, especially her infatuation with Sasuke. Many said Hinata was one but no, Sakura was an underdog and the clues were right in front of our faces the entire time yet they ignored it (possible because we truly didn't received a background of her because of the Uchiha and other plot devices dominated the entire story).

Absolutely - and Sakura and Rock Lee are the only non-shinobi ones from their group, but Sakura's even more of an underdog than him because Rock Lee is mentored by Guy from such an early age. He has a named technique and is working on inheriting Guy's legacy of skills. It takes Sakura till almost Shippuden before she's paired up with Tsunade. 

Whatever skills Sakura has are left undiscovered. As are Tsunade's skills — including the fact that both she and Orochimaru are highly accomplished med-nins. From when? Where? Were they rivals? Did they have the same teachers? And Chiyo with her poisons, and Kabuto with his scalpel.... Where is the backstory about Sakura's techniques? 

Yeah, we get none. There's barely backstory for Naruto's. So much is built around the Uchihas and the Hyuugas. It's a shame they didn't end up together!

#28158 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

Exactly.

The only reason Hinatatas was an "underdog" is because she always gave up before even attempting to put in any effort to be anything but unless "N-N-Naruto-kun" was right there to be an emotional crutch or something. Her Chunin Exam fight with Neji showed us pretty much everything. All it takes is a few "mean words" and she shrivels up. Anyone with any notion of psychology could break her effortlessly. I'd hate to have her on the field because if / when she gets captured, she would end up spilling secrets before any actual torture would start. The enemy ninja would just have to tell her how pathetic she is and that would be it.

2e5.gif

#28159 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

The only reason Hinatatas was an "underdog" is because she always gave up before even attempting to put in any effort to be anything but unless "N-N-Naruto-kun" was right there to be an emotional crutch or something. Her Chunin Exam fight with Neji showed us pretty much everything. All it takes is a few "mean words" and she shrivels up. Anyone with any notion of psychology could break her effortlessly. I'd hate to have her on the field because if / when she gets captured, she would end up spilling secrets before any actual torture would start. The enemy ninja would just have to tell her how pathetic she is and that would be it.

We are told she's an underdog.... But we are SHOWN that she's never for a single day been lacking in anything she needs.

In fact, the rest of the ninjas in her clan have their powers clipped so that she alone can succeed!!

It's gross! They are mutilated, forever, by the bird seal. It's a huge part of the beginning arc - and why Naruto hates their clan. And if the dad's brother has the seal, and then his son Neji, eventually it will happen to Hinata that she has decree that the seal be applied to Hanami and her children. 

Again, if Hinata becomes leader of the clan, SHE will be the one deciding who gets the bird seal and who doesn't. 

This is the clan that Naruto married into. 

So again, not only is the ending completely whack from the standpoint of not loving HInata. But he singles their clan out as one that is absolutely against everything he supports. It's a major story point. For Naruto to marry into that clan with no definitive word whether it's been amended or if Hinata is still leader (and thus carrying on the bird seal) or if she has left her clan and shunned their backwards practices for her hubby, just shows how far Naruto has fallen from his original character.

#28160 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

We are told she's an underdog.... But we are SHOWN that she's never for a single day been lacking in anything she needs.

In fact, the rest of the ninjas in her clan have their powers clipped so that she alone can succeed!!

It's gross! They are mutilated, forever, by the bird seal. It's a huge part of the beginning arc - and why Naruto hates their clan. And if the dad's brother has the seal, and then his son Neji, eventually it will happen to Hinata that she has decree that the seal be applied to Hanami and her children. 

Again, if Hinata becomes leader of the clan, SHE will be the one deciding who gets the bird seal and who doesn't. 

This is the clan that Naruto married into. 

So again, not only is the ending completely whack from the standpoint of not loving HInata. But he singles their clan out as one that is absolutely against everything he supports. It's a major story point. For Naruto to marry into that clan with no definitive word whether it's been amended or if Hinata is still leader (and thus carrying on the bird seal) or if she has left her clan and shunned their backwards practices for her hubby, just shows how far Naruto has fallen from his original character.

:goodjob:

It also fits into how messed up things are and how it all went too. Since it also shows Naruto didn't really change anything when he became Hokage, considering how he had so much he wanted to do, and yet, what did he really achieve? Jack and crap! And it also makes me think in the long run of how much of this crap is gonna be ignored in my fanfic, along with actually doing some things better, like not that Naruto is a chakra reincarnation of Hagoromo's youngest son, Ashura, but that he's actually an indirect descendant to Hagoromo through Ashura's family, but that won't take away from him being about hard work.

On the other side of that, Sasuke's gonna be the direct descendant of Indra, being Madara's great-grandson. Or great-great, I dunno yet since I'd have to figure it out all things considered with Hashirama and Tsunade.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users