Close
Photo

Jurassic World

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

Anyone see this new movie? It was very good (in my opinion) and of course the special effects were incredible. And the soundtrack is great as ever. 

But it's definitely not a better movie than the original Jurassic Park. Do you think there will be any more movies in this franchise? It is definitely dying out...

I guess since they have made a Jurassic World now I guess next is Jurassic Galaxy. Or Jurassic Universe? Who knows :P

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Jurassic War

Ingen use the embryo to create bio weapon ala umbrella.

#3 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

I watched it in 3d with my family and I got to disagree. Jurassic World was better than any Jurassic Park movie. The fact Chris Pratt is amazing is probably helping me say that a lot. I'm a sucker for classic movies, but I hate when people use a movie being older for an excuse for the mistakes. The Park movies were full of them. Now I understand the World movie had three problems (that I saw) as well. Like first of all, there is no way you can create a highly advanced new dinosaur without telling the people taking care of it ALL the details on it.

Second problem. Nothing to bring it down? Not multiple assault helicopters? They had 1 T-Rex on the entire island? Seriously? The crowd favorite... and you got 1 of them? But you want to make 2 of a new giant raptor breed you don't even know about yet? I was saying the whole time (not too loud because I was in a nearly full theater) "ok... drop like 2 or 3 T-Rexs on him and that thing won't stand a chance". Guess what? They had ONE T-REX!!! Like you got to be kidding me. It took them until the final 5 minutes of the movie to finally use the T-Rex trick (because the T-Rex was in a cage in the main park), and the T-Rex with Blue beat the crap out of it. Now imagine if you traded out Blue with another T-Rex... the movie would be 30 minutes long.

And my third problem. Owen, his new girlfriend, and the two boys all went inside the lab and closed the doors behind them. The big guy that was ate by the random raptor. He was with with his military staff members or whatever you want to call them. You know, the guys who were collecting stuff to bring back with them. Now those guys were right there.. and after that big guy chit-chatting with Owen and his group for a few seconds raptor busted through and ate him after staring at him 20 seconds. Now first of all... where did it come from? The doors were closed. Second of all.... the military guys should of heard it. It was like a... 15 second chit-chat. Why didn't they do anything?

Edit: And another problem. Remember when the new dinosaur got his claw on a piece of the small boys clothes and started dragging him out? Well it was dragging him out slow because there were 2 people holding the boy back. Like... no. -.- That dinosaur should of outpowered all 3 of them like x30.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

Good points, good points though like all entertainment media it is excused with one simple explanation. Drama>Logic. Not trying to justify it but that's what it is. I did Really like the Rexie and Blue Vs. I. Rex though

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

I love the fact Jurassic world is better than any Jurassic park film; as I think Chris Pratt out did himself in this film.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#6 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:30 PM

I loved the film. It was a lot of fun. I won't say it was better than the first, but to me, comparing these two films is like comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruit but have different tastes. Park was more of an awe-film while World is more of a Monster film. Both had dinosaurs but the feelings are completely different. 

Second problem. Nothing to bring it down? Not multiple assault helicopters? They had 1 T-Rex on the entire island? Seriously? The crowd favorite... and you got 1 of them? But you want to make 2 of a new giant raptor breed you don't even know about yet? I was saying the whole time (not too loud because I was in a nearly full theater) "ok... drop like 2 or 3 T-Rexs on him and that thing won't stand a chance". Guess what? They had ONE T-REX!!! Like you got to be kidding me. It took them until the final 5 minutes of the movie to finally use the T-Rex trick (because the T-Rex was in a cage in the main park), and the T-Rex with Blue beat the crap out of it. Now imagine if you traded out Blue with another T-Rex... the movie would be 30 minutes long.

This is definitely a thing. They could've and in reality would've taken him out with the first assault helicopter. There's no way it would've outrun the shooter all he had to do was aim further ahead. But this doesn't bother me because the movie would be shorter. And who wants that?

I personally didn't find the I-Rex that great of a creature. All it's feats were shown once and completely forgotten later on. It never used camouflage again and it really wasn't that malevolent/ intelligent of a creature when actually on screen. In terms of it not being that much badder than the T-rex, unlike what martial arts/ action films would like you to think, in a fight numbers does play a factor. In this case it took two creatures to beat one. Where as flipped it would've taken just one I-Rex to beat a T-rex or Velociraptor pack. 

And my third problem. Owen, his new girlfriend, and the two boys all went inside the lab and closed the doors behind them. The big guy that was ate by the random raptor. He was with with his military staff members or whatever you want to call them. You know, the guys who were collecting stuff to bring back with them. Now those guys were right there.. and after that big guy chit-chatting with Owen and his group for a few seconds raptor busted through and ate him after staring at him 20 seconds. Now first of all... where did it come from? The doors were closed. Second of all.... the military guys should of heard it. It was like a... 15 second chit-chat. Why didn't they do anything?

I think those two guys exited a different way. If memory serves me right they moved towards where Hoskins entered the room which is the opposite side our heroes and the raptor enters. The raptor probably just followed them from outside. Remember in part one they were able to use doors that latched? It's not like the doors were locked. I'll have to watch again but I feel like the talk is longer than 15 seconds. Raptors are fast.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#7 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Want to see how close we are to developing a genetic dinosaur.

Click the link down below, or watch the video.

http://www.nature.co...as-born-1.17507

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#8 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

I absolutely loved this movie. I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan. I wouldn't be surprised if they made another movie. I think the movie industry is running out of ideas. Everything's really just a bunch of remakes these days.

#9 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

I absolutely loved this movie. I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan. I wouldn't be surprised if they made another movie. I think the movie industry is running out of ideas. Everything's really just a bunch of remakes these days.

The movie industry really hasn't run out of ideas. It's just math, the people go out in droves to see a movie, Jurassic World for example, and the production execs respond by throwing audiences a bone and give them more of what they want.

The fact is, there are actually a lot of original ideas, tons of them. There are a lot of original films that come out of festivals and there are plenty of scripts to choose from. The question is, are they marketable?

I like to compare it to comfort food. It may not be a gourmet meal, but it's familiar, simple and enjoyable. People are probably more willing to go with a familiar comfort food (a remake or sequel to a popular property) than try something new.

Fortunately, there are still some good original choices, even in the last year like
Ex Machina
It Follows
Birdman
Nightcrawler
Begin Again
Chef

And those are just live action examples. Look at the stuff Pixar does, they are always knocking it out of the park with original work.

Now, with all that being said... I enjoyed Jurassic World a lot! Gave it a 4 out of 5 in my review. I did think the military-type guy was a little over the top, but I thought the rest was great. It had great humor, emotion, thrills and suspense plus a lot of likable characters. Oh, and the last 30 minutes are amazing!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#10 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:56 AM

Seen all the last three Jurassic Park movies for about 5 times already and I liked all of them equally. I still have to see Jurassic World, looks really good!!

1wocs1.gif

#11 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Yoo I died when I watched this movie. It was crazy awesome! I used to have this dinosaur obsession, and I was sooo excited for this movie... and once I watched it bam. It was awesome awesome awesome. Seriously I can go fancrazy over dinosaurs for hours. 

I was probably the loudest in that theater xD 

The aunt character pissed me off, and when she got together with that awesome dude at the end... I was so annoyed. Like she doesn't get him at all. Honestly she was very selfish in the whole thing. I just didn't feel it was very fitting for her to get a happy ending, compared to that poor dude that kept getting NOT what he wanted. He was so pathetic it was actually kind of funny... but at the end it was just sad.

Also a bunch of my friends were complaining about how the guns didn't affect the dinosaurs... and I think they're just crazy. Dinosaurs beat guns any day imo. They're whole body structure is friggen huge, and deadly... 

The ending fight between those dinosaurs was epiiic! >w< And when that lady got tossed around and eaten was just hilarious.

TBH. BEST MOVIE IN THE THEATER I'VE WATCHED everrrrrrrrrr. ^.^

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#12 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Okay just saw it...Effing Epic. I would say it doesn't surpassed the first one...but it came really close.

SPOIL!!!

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#13 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

Okay just saw it...Effing Epic. I would say it doesn't surpassed the first one...but it came really close.

SPOIL!!!

That is my favorite part of the movie.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#14 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

The movie industry really hasn't run out of ideas. It's just math, the people go out in droves to see a movie, Jurassic World for example, and the production execs respond by throwing audiences a bone and give them more of what they want.

The fact is, there are actually a lot of original ideas, tons of them. There are a lot of original films that come out of festivals and there are plenty of scripts to choose from. The question is, are they marketable?

I like to compare it to comfort food. It may not be a gourmet meal, but it's familiar, simple and enjoyable. People are probably more willing to go with a familiar comfort food (a remake or sequel to a popular property) than try something new.

Fortunately, there are still some good original choices, even in the last year like
Ex Machina
It Follows
Birdman
Nightcrawler
Begin Again
Chef

Great list of films, I haven't seen Begin Again and Ex Machina yet, but hope to do so soon. I will add that I don't feel like there is an original story anymore, because they're just inventive takes on myths/ character archetypes that we've seen before. Even a film like Inside Out which I love to the moon can be compared to a TV show called Herman's Head. Inception can be compared to a Duck Tales comic strip. It's just the story tellers find a new inventive way to tell the same story. Birdman was nothing new, a man hits a mid-age crisis in his life and career. But the way the film is "shot," is phenomenal. There are so many story tellers in the world at any given time, I feel like the story has been told. But I believe the innovators the exceptional story tellers find awesome ways to tell the story anew.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#15 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

It was really entertaining and it did everything I wanted it to do. I will say, it is absolutely absurd that the female lead would make it through the entire film still wearing those heels.

I also appreciated the way in which the movie made some subtle meta references to movie-industry sequels (the new dinosaur needs to be bigger...flashier).

That being said, it wasn't better than Park. The child actors in Park were far superior. The kids in the new film are accessories in a way that the first kids were not. There was a bit more uplift and tension in the first film, too. This one got right into the monster aspect.

#16 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

I got to say growing up with Jurassic Park left with huge expectations when it came to this movie and I've kept up with every movie that's come out and granted they've never been better than the original I was a little skeptical about Jurassic World at first. SO having now seen in with a couple of my friends I got to say that Jurassic Park is still better because it is a classic, but I will say that Jurassic World is close and it should've been the sequel we got after the original. 

I'm planning doing a full on Livestream review with J and Breezy's Entertainment sometime next week since our schedule is kinda tight for the rest of the week.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#17 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:24 AM

I was 11 when the first film came out and I remember being in awe when the T-rex first appeared and roared. The movie theater was packed and so we had to sit in the second to the first row, way up in front. It was an experience I will never forget. So my husband and I were so pumped to take our kids to see the movie, and their reactions made the film even better. It was great, we all loved it! This movie kept their attention more then Avengers 3, they were glued to the silver screen.

Spoiler

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#18 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

After watching it a third time, I just realized something and I can no longer like this movie. It's just a complete mess of unbelievable-ness now. 

reason

Edited by chouzu_tao, 30 June 2015 - 02:05 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#19 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:22 AM

Lol to that last comment! XD That girl WAS gorgeous! Really sucked what happened to her...

Anyway, I just watched this movie yesterday and my review is this: dead. I am DEAD. Chris Pratt was SO frickin hot I could barely stand it! I had the luxury of watching it with my best friend in a theater with only two other people so we were fangirling the entire time, haha. In my personal opinion, I like it better than Jurassic Park because the characters (particularly one by the name of Owen Grady) are a lot more interesting to me. I also LOVED the dynamic with the velociraptors. I just can't get over how awesome it was for Owen to be their alpha, and I loved what happened with cute Blue at the end. I thought it was a good, satisfying twist (though we were all expecting it). In the words of that kid, "Your boyfriend's a badass." :P

A lot of people give Claire a lot of crap, but tbh she didn't bother me after she got over herself at the beginning and started listening. After the part where she saved Owen and he kissed her (maybe it was cheesy but MAN it was hot :P) she was much better. Honestly I thought she was a great strong woman. For over seven years she's been in charge of the park, running it all the time, keeping security breaches, and instead of hiding in safety like others might have, she went out there to go rescue her nephews in spite of not interacting much with the dinosaurs. Also, she was totally boss when she went and released Rexy from her cage. She was a brave, great character in my opinion. She grew on me after being mostly positive-leaning ambivalent during the film.

oh, and did I mention Chris Pratt? He hit a home run with that role! I LOVED the parts when he was all commanding and strict with the raptors. I just thought he was all around awesome. A manly man who isn't a douchebag and who you can trust to be brave and handle hard situations well? Sign me up!!

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users