• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#41 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hmmm, Sakura is drawn without the seal...

Maybe Kishimoto purposely drew her bangs like that to cover the spot where she gets the seal. :wink:

Also, it looks as though Naruto is gathering natural chakra on Gamakichi's head... If you look closely, Sakura and Sasuke are also seated in a similar positions on top of their summons. I wonder if that means anything about them eventually learning a sage mode.

Edited by Slextrem, 29 August 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#42 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Larger version is out now:

fJme19A.jpg

sakura looks b e a utiful  :wub: and i think you can see a little of her purple seal right beside the third fringe. And I think the proportion is a little wrong. i dont think team 7 is that tiny compared to the summons..

Edited by Hanabi, 29 August 2013 - 02:02 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#43 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Maybe Kishimoto purposely drew her bangs like that to cover the spot where she gets the seal. :wink:

Also, it looks as though Naruto is gathering natural chakra on Gamakichi's head... If you look closely, Sakura and Sasuke are also seated in a similar positions on top of their summons. I wonder if that means anything about them eventually learning a sage mode.

I think the same way, you know. I am sure there's a purpose behind it. Or else, why not draw it? :) SO maybe indeed, our speculation behind the SSM is gonna come true? :D

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#44 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hmmm, Sakura is drawn without the seal...

Don't you see the little purple shade behind the hair which is in the middle of her forehead? That's the seal.

It's like we discussed, Kishi hid the seal but left just a little in order to foreshadow Sakura getting it during the course of the volume. It's to make the readers think "Hey, there's something in her forehead but I can't see it clearly. Could it be...?" and one must read the volume to find out.

#45 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Can sakura truly gain sage mode?

#46 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Her byakugou seal is really almost hidden behind the third bang. Anyway it's purple definetely. The rebus is resolved now :)

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#47 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Oh, yes, it's there. Oh well... I am glad either way. She's on the cover. And probably if there's something more to the seal, Kishi will make a whole damn volume about that and we'll probably have a cover with it and yadda yadda. If not,I am sure either way he will clarify the whole thing.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#48 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Her byakugou seal is really almost hidden behind the third bang. Anyway it's purple definetely. The rebus is resolved now :)

Looks like Smiter will have to change his avatar.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Looks like Smiter will have to change his avatar.

Lol. That's true. I don't see anything wrong with same color. One heritage after another.

#50 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's practically indistinct but you can make out a slight discolouration next to the middle bang. As many of us expected, it's the same pigment as Tsunade's seal. Of course they would be the same. There can't be any fluctuations with Kishi's parallelistic design of Team 7 with the Sannin. Naruto and Sasuke had their own separate abilities to use but it appears that Sakura is getting the short end of that stick.

Can sakura truly gain sage mode?

Not that likely. Even if her body was somehow resilient enough to handle the training (how Sakura would be more physically able than Orochimaru is an anomaly itself), there's nothing to indicate that Byakugou seal would create Slug Sage Mode. Whenever senjutsu has been used, the user only needed to maintain a stationary pose for a few seconds for the transformation to take place. They never required a seal to activate SM before.

Team 7 is just sitting for symbolism purposes and because they're relying on their summonings to fight.

#51 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

There's no specific ways to know if Sakura will gain SSM or not. She can get it, and if she didn't get it... Well, she didn't.

#52 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I hate the bangs. >n< They look too much like Sasuke's. I wonder if Kishimoto added them on purpose to hide the seal?
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#53 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's practically indistinct but you can make out a slight discolouration next to the middle bang. As many of us expected, it's the same pigment as Tsunade's seal. Of course they would be the same. There can't be any fluctuations with Kishi's parallelistic design of Team 7 with the Sannin. Naruto and Sasuke had their own separate abilities to use but it appears that Sakura is getting the short end of that stick.

Not that likely. Even if her body was somehow resilient enough to handle the training (how Sakura would be more physically able than Orochimaru is an anomaly itself), there's nothing to indicate that Byakugou seal would create Slug Sage Mode. Whenever senjutsu has been used, the user only needed to maintain a stationary pose for a few seconds for the transformation to take place. They never required a seal to activate SM before.

Team 7 is just sitting for symbolism purposes and because they're relying on their summonings to fight.

Bolded: This. Just this. If SSM had different requirements, it wouldn't be too surprising. However, it would feel like a total asspull because the other two had the same/similar requirements. So why should SSM be any different?? 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#54 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

I hate the bangs. >n< They look too much like Sasuke's. I wonder if Kishimoto added them on purpose to hide the seal?

Naruto has bangs too.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#55 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Naruto has bangs too.

Yeah, but his hair is much short than both Sasuke and Sakura's. I'm not turning this into a pairing debate, I'm just not a fan of those bangs. :P
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#56 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

There's no specific ways to know if Sakura will gain SSM or not. She can get it, and if she didn't get it... Well, she didn't.

Given what we know of the necessary attributes for SM, which haven't been contradicted so far amongst the various schools of senjutsu, and the fact that Sakura has the identity of a "normal" girl, there are valid reason to believe that she couldn't obtain SM even if she wanted to. But if she could, why not use it in #632 when there was ample time available prior to gather natural energy?

You're right though. She could get it. It would seem contrived and it would shun what we know of other senjutsu users, but if that's what Kishi wants, then he'll find a way to make it a reality.

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

You're right though. She could get it. It would seem contrived and it would shun what we know of other senjutsu users, but if that's what Kishi wants, then he'll find a way to make it a reality.

True. But even then, if fans are disappointed with the way it turns out, then Kishi has only himself to blame for not developing it as well as he should have.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#58 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, but his hair is much short than both Sasuke and Sakura's. I'm not turning this into a pairing debate, I'm just not a fan of those bangs. :P

if it helps to consolate you, Naruto and Sakura share the same "eyestyle"..

SK-303_image007.jpg

#59 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I believe the seal is A mean to bypass the requirement for big chakra reserve, and if that true than sakura ssm is her triumph card.
And it will make sakura high tier kage level. While naruto and sasuke already reach demigod level soon will reach closer to God level.

#60 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I believe the seal is A mean to bypass the requirement for big chakra reserve,

The chakra in her seal comes from her own reserves. Keep in mind that when Fukasaku was describing the gathering process for sage energy, a diagram was made showing how natural energy is mixed into the chakra moulding process. Hence the development of a more powerful type of chakra. Sage Mode is the coalescence of physical stamina, spiritual energy, and natural energy. You're mixing those three fundamental ingredients together.

Given that Sakura's seal contains premixed stamina and energy, without nature's force having been added, it would logically be unusable. Think of it how you would mixing colours together. You want to create black but you only mixed blue and red together. Instead of black, you made purple.

and if that true than sakura ssm is her triumph card.

Sakura described the seal as being her "true power". It stands to reason that it was the pinnacle of what she could attain. Logically it would be since the Yin Seal is the primary indicator of a master healer.

And it will make sakura high tier kage level.

Only if you're using that term loosely. If she did acquire Sage Mode, it would be limited to short bursts since she doesn't have a fusion partner to gather energy for her. Leaving her critically vulnerable in combat. Not only that, having increased physical stats doesn't mean that she will even become the equal of SM Naruto or MS Sasuke. There's more to combat status and ability aside from brute strength or speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users