• Please log in to reply
31571 replies to this topic

#27921 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:55 AM

Lol, that's sweet and true I net it rushed over finding many pieces of Sasuke and again will scream out Sasuke's name.

No doubt but hiei cares not.

#27922 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:13 AM

Time for a new NaruSaku poem by yours truly, 

Haven  

ee9cc420be7bcfce3946c3e995d79e0e.jpg

If you had asked me a long time of my first impression it would've been 

Energetic, impatient, and most of all annoying beyond belief. 

Anytime you were around I wrote you off as if you had no value.

Much of my attention was always elsewhere, but somehow I noticed 

I noticed how serious this meant to you in the long run 

I noticed how much you wanted to prove everyone wrong including me

More importantly, I noticed how far you were willing to go 

The goal you had preached about left discarded for me 

How could I've not noticed how much it tore you apart 

All for the sake of my happiness my own selfishness 

Now I've realized that all this time what I've imagined 

Had only been that of a hopeless child's fantasy 

I've realized that all this time it's always been you  

I know you've always had it in the back of your head 

ever since our early days in the academy

So please hear out my plead once more 

If at all any scars come your way in battle

know that I'll heal all of your your wounds 

and how much you really mean to me as

the hero I've come to love for a lifetime

Road-To-Ninja-naruto-shippuuden-34267564

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27923 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

I want to believe that the latest episode of Kamen Rider Zero One was a huge jab at Kishimoto. Manga goes on for 15 years,author loses interest, instead has his robotic assistants do everything, is not even writing the story anymore as it's done by the editors, noticable change in art style that lacks the unrefined passion of the earlier volumes, longtime fan disgusted at the author. I know it could just be a generic mangaka has lost interest plot, but I'll be damned if it didn't ring true to Naruto.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27924 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:28 PM

I know people like to downplay Naruto's popularity in Japan. Mainly, because it was so popular in the US. But, it was still a manga that was second only to the most popular manga shounen manga in the most popular magazine for at least a decade, and anime was part of a power-hour with an anime that was so popular and so important that its franchise mascot is a National Icon. 

So, yes, yes it is possible that the writers of that episode were taking a dig at Naruto's ending.

#27925 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:20 AM

Especially since Zero-One's writer is relatively new and blew people away with Ex-Aid a couple years ago. It may be a case of a young writer challenging their former idol, and man has Zero-One been great this last month. It's not just a step up from Zi-o, it's at least three flights of stairs.

iSP2FNe.png

#27926 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

I want to believe that the latest episode of Kamen Rider Zero One was a huge jab at Kishimoto. Manga goes on for 15 years,author loses interest, instead has his robotic assistants do everything, is not even writing the story anymore as it's done by the editors, noticable change in art style that lacks the unrefined passion of the earlier volumes, longtime fan disgusted at the author. I know it could just be a generic mangaka has lost interest plot, but I'll be damned if it didn't ring true to Naruto.

The episode itself was a jab at him or was there a character in the episode that was playing it out like him?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27927 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

The episode itself was a jab at him or was there a character in the episode that was playing it out like him?

Here's a recap. Aruto goes to bring a new Humagear (humanoid robot) to the mangaka of a series he grew up on (referred to as the king of shonen manga irrc). At first, he's starstruck but then he learns the truth. The mangaka has a team of Humagears do all the artwork, which Aruto notes explains the difference between now and the less refined but more passionate looking older issues. Aruto is also shocked to learn that the mangaka doesn't even write the story anymore, as it's done by his editors, while the mangaka treats his Humagears as disposable slaves. He works them until they break. The manga at this point has been running for 15 years, which is funny because people are making a deal out of Naruto's 20th anniversary and how Naruto's run was for 15 years before it got turned into Boruto. Now that I think about it, the main assistant said he's also written some of the chapters.

Bad guys rewrite the programming of one of the Humagears since it's becoming self-aware, turning it into a monster. This also results in the others being turned into mooks. The mangaka wants replacements ASAP to get back to work, but Aruto is upset at the truth. Aruto's Humagear assistant, Izu, discovers what passion means through searching her own memories, and cancels the mangaka's order as she sees the reliance of Humagears as having robbed him of his passion. They became a detriment to him, the opposite of what they were supposed to be.

Bad guys return to the mangaka's mansion. While he's initially afraid, he does save the pen he used when making the manga himself. Seeing Aruto and Fuwa (the secondary rider, who tries to be an on the edge cop but is the only one who finds Aruto's jokes funny. Aruto is a failed comedian turned CEO by the way) in battle, it rekindles the mangaka's passion. It even leads to him creating a new character...based on Fuwa's gorilla form with the shotgun. He only has one Humagear assistant now, doing the backgrounds.

Edited by RulesofNature, 30 September 2019 - 08:43 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

#27928 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

Ooooooh, I get it now. Coincidence? :no:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27929 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:30 AM

I found this interesting I don't know if it's been posted yet

#27930 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:58 AM

Other, lucky put that on the MHA page a few days ago.

Here's a recap. Aruto goes to bring a new Humagear (humanoid robot) to the mangaka of a series he grew up on (referred to as the king of shonen manga irrc). At first, he's starstruck but then he learns the truth. The mangaka has a team of Humagears do all the artwork, which Aruto notes explains the difference between now and the less refined but more passionate looking older issues. Aruto is also shocked to learn that the mangaka doesn't even write the story anymore, as it's done by his editors, while the mangaka treats his Humagears as disposable slaves. He works them until they break. The manga at this point has been running for 15 years, which is funny because people are making a deal out of Naruto's 20th anniversary and how Naruto's run was for 15 years before it got turned into Boruto. Now that I think about it, the main assistant said he's also written some of the chapters.

Bad guys rewrite the programming of one of the Humagears since it's becoming self-aware, turning it into a monster. This also results in the others being turned into mooks. The mangaka wants replacements ASAP to get back to work, but Aruto is upset at the truth. Aruto's Humagear assistant, Izu, discovers what passion means through searching her own memories, and cancels the mangaka's order as she sees the reliance of Humagears as having robbed him of his passion. They became a detriment to him, the opposite of what they were supposed to be.

Bad guys return to the mangaka's mansion. While he's initially afraid, he does save the pen he used when making the manga himself. Seeing Aruto and Fuwa (the secondary rider, who tries to be an on the edge cop but is the only one who finds Aruto's jokes funny. Aruto is a failed comedian turned CEO by the way) in battle, it rekindles the mangaka's passion. It even leads to him creating a new character...based on Fuwa's gorilla form with the shotgun. He only has one Humagear assistant now, doing the backgrounds.

Feels like it is taking a dig at Kishi, but is also taken a general dig at big shounen manga which tend to have a lot of assistants helping to make sure the manga comes out each week. But what you'd mention before and this summary its definitely directed at kishi.

Oh by the way kishi's had another interview recently where he went over what Yahagi's influence:

Names of some of the character like Zabuza and Gaara.

“Cutting out a ton of exposition.
Putting in Sasuke.
Making the Wave Country arc (with Zabuza/Haku).
Stopping him from making the hokage and teachers animals.
Having all the characters take the Chunin Exam all at once.
The models for Rock Lee and the other Chunin Exam characters.
Turning Naruto from a fox into a human.
Changing Zabuza’s partner Haku from a bear into a human.
Giving the protagonist narrow eyes and the rival wider eyes.
Having him make the names of jutsu consistent for worlbuilding’s sake, rather than random and all over the place.”

...Kishi sure wanted a lot of animals in his story at the beginning. Also we know, that he is the one that ordered to rush the story from the wave arc to the chunin exam...which did cause problems.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 October 2019 - 02:01 AM.

#27931 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:30 AM

If you guys want to check this episode out yourselves, it's episode 5. It really does feel good for the soul.

I've gone back to Yu Yu Hakusho. It was my favorite thing in Shonen Jump back when I got it (after I lost interest in Shaman King), but I've never actually finished it. It's also good for the soul, but a lot rougher than I remembered. Maybe I'll check out the anime after I'm done.

iSP2FNe.png

#27932 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:45 AM

If you guys want to check this episode out yourselves, it's episode 5. It really does feel good for the soul.

I've gone back to Yu Yu Hakusho. It was my favorite thing in Shonen Jump back when I got it (after I lost interest in Shaman King), but I've never actually finished it. It's also good for the soul, but a lot rougher than I remembered. Maybe I'll check out the anime after I'm done.

Yu yu Hakusho is amazing and had a better ending in the anime cause the manga ending made no sense. Plus hiei is the best character in the show and torguro and sensei are the best villains. Plus the fights don't drag out.

#27933 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

You know What I hope? Thanos goes to the Naruto universe and dusts Hinata and Hinata.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#27934 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

You know What I hope? Thanos goes to the Naruto universe and dusts Hinata and Hinata.

Same but why did you put hinata twice. Actually have more go but Sakura survives.

#27935 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Feels like it is taking a dig at Kishi, but is also taken a general dig at big shounen manga which tend to have a lot of assistants helping to make sure the manga comes out each week. But what you'd mention before and this summary its definitely directed at kishi.

Oh by the way kishi's had another interview recently where he went over what Yahagi's influence:

Putting in Sasuke.
Having him make the names of jutsu consistent for worlbuilding’s sake, rather than random and all over the place.”

...Kishi sure wanted a lot of animals in his story at the beginning. Also we know, that he is the one that ordered to rush the story from the wave arc to the chunin exam...which did cause problems.

Wow - this really just shows how Kishi was all over the place with his storytelling abilities. This is basically like a before and after of the series. Cause once Yahagi left, we all know that the series was all over the place.

And turning Naruto from a fox into a human? Um...hello? Could we just have a series of that please? Where Sakura is the civilian-shinobi who has to choose between the shinobi-prodigy Sasuke and the fox-turned-human Naruto. 

I think one of the drawbacks of the series is that Naruto becomes less fox-like as the manga went on, not more so. Naruto matured into a human who could wield a fox's powers (because he had it locked up inside him), which made him no different than other jinchurikis before him.

Naruto should have matured into a human who synthesized with his fox, turning him into something different. Not quite fox, not quite human. And definitely not jinchurki. Because the story is about how Naruto is 'the chosen one,' as in 'the one who will do things that none have done before,' then he should have fully assimilated into something else. Thus forcing Sakura (and the others) to choose if they still support him, and Sasuke (and the other baddies) to choose whether or not to capture him. 

A Naruto who is a fox who becomes human to fall in love with a village girl is a lovely fairy-tale type story. But a Naruto who really gives in to his true nature of half-fox/half-human would have leveled it up to a real hero's journey type story. 

edit: I realize that Killer Bee is the perfect example of a jinchuriki who has partnered with his bijuu. But that makes it even worse for Naruto in the manga! Someone else has already done that! Naruto really never breaks any molds at all! Not sure how that works out for being the 'chosen one'...unless it means chosen for Hinata....

#27936 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Somehow, I feel like Masashi has a thing for animals. Haku was originally a bear?!! Unreal. That might be a reason why he was almost added that pink frog as a mascot on the covers and certain artwork.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27937 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

leave this here

Edited by Derock, 02 October 2019 - 01:49 AM.
Fixed Youtube vid link - Derock

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#27938 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, that is basically a dig at Kishimoto.

Putting in Sasuke.

As I said in our discussion, Yahagi was the true genius and once he left...the story went with him. Even Yahagi said NOT to listen to his editors and do the story as they planned it.

Kishimoto didn't listen. Ironic that an editor told him not to listen to his editors.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27939 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:09 PM

Wow - this really just shows how Kishi was all over the place with his storytelling abilities. This is basically like a before and after of the series. Cause once Yahagi left, we all know that the series was all over the place.

And turning Naruto from a fox into a human? Um...hello? Could we just have a series of that please? Where Sakura is the civilian-shinobi who has to choose between the shinobi-prodigy Sasuke and the fox-turned-human Naruto. 

I think one of the drawbacks of the series is that Naruto becomes less fox-like as the manga went on, not more so. Naruto matured into a human who could wield a fox's powers (because he had it locked up inside him), which made him no different than other jinchurikis before him.

Naruto should have matured into a human who synthesized with his fox, turning him into something different. Not quite fox, not quite human. And definitely not jinchurki. Because the story is about how Naruto is 'the chosen one,' as in 'the one who will do things that none have done before,' then he should have fully assimilated into something else. Thus forcing Sakura (and the others) to choose if they still support him, and Sasuke (and the other baddies) to choose whether or not to capture him. 

A Naruto who is a fox who becomes human to fall in love with a village girl is a lovely fairy-tale type story. But a Naruto who really gives in to his true nature of half-fox/half-human would have leveled it up to a real hero's journey type story. 

edit: I realize that Killer Bee is the perfect example of a jinchuriki who has partnered with his bijuu. But that makes it even worse for Naruto in the manga! Someone else has already done that! Naruto really never breaks any molds at all! Not sure how that works out for being the 'chosen one'...unless it means chosen for Hinata....

Interesting idea but that would require kishimoto to have given thought to the story and planned stuff out. He may have done that with the one shot, but the manga we got was a first written to appeal to what Yahagi wanted, and then eventually written by the seat of his pants because he never had time to really think of where the story was going beyond in the broadest sense.

What Kishimoto originally wanted to do was the oneshot. "Naruto was a demon fox who's father was killed by ninjas, he would live in a modern town despite coming from some secret ninja village -because he was pretty much kicked out-, he was sent to the city to become a better person and find someone he actually cared about, he would probably live with that artist, his dream would be to become a ramen chef, and as we can see their would have been a lot of talking animals." A Sakura-like character probably would exist because that was his type.

After the one shot was written was some of the story ideas changed. Naruto was made from a demon fox to a boy with a demo fox inside him, whose father died sealing the fox inside him, they made more focus to the ninja village to the point it became a different world, his dream was to become the leader of the village, and the talking animals were just summons instead of the mentor at least till later on. Sakura was probably made by Kishi since he figured since the rival was on the team might as well make the love interest be on the team too.

To be honest looking at Samurai 8. Yes, kishimoto uses exposition far too much, but it also feels like that's how kishimoto is figuring out what his world is and where the story is going. So, without that, it really damaged the story as it went along.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 October 2019 - 10:10 PM.

#27940 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:22 AM

Same but why did you put hinata twice. Actually have more go but Sakura survives.

Maybe because I hate her so much I forgot to write Sasuke.

509356167_759751.gif?4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users