IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:47 AM

Saw it tonight too.....it sucked.

Sequel trilogy in a nutshell wont be remembered in t-minus 1 day... yeah already forgotten.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#43 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 12:05 AM

Ok I can relate to being a fan of something but wasnt star wars already ruined by the 00s prequels?

And the original movies were a complete story right so you all got the conclusion you needed. Boruto ruined Naruto for me but that was because I never got a good ending. LOK did not ruin TLA however, because I got my conclusion, and they had are different writers too. George lucas would prob do things differently

This is why I never understood how GB 2016 destroyed the originals. Fine it was a bad movie but the only thing they had in common was the name

ナルサク

#44 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:35 PM

Saw it tonight - It was awesome!!! 

Really what are your thoughts without giving spoilers? What will you rate the movie? It's just your the first person to say something positive about the movie.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#45 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Really what are your thoughts without giving spoilers? What will you rate the movie? It's just your the first person to say something positive about the movie.

So...without spoilers, yeah, I'd say this movie was awesome. Great story, dialogue, there were some twists, and it overall had a rollercoster ride pacing. Didn't slow down too much at the wrong spots. Great effects, nothing jarring or poorly done or taking you out of the universe. Fascinating world building. It felt like a third in the series. It didn't feel like it was a movie coming from out of left-field. It still felt cohesive to the other two movies. I also felt like they kept the integrity of the characters too. They didn't destroy any for the sake of the ending. Like Naruto or Game of Thrones did. 

I sometimes wonder if people bash movies because they want them to be something entirely different. But this is Star Wars — a 70s brainchild that tells the same old hero's journey story in a joke-y, family-friendly way. It's not a complex thriller. It's not 'The Martian,' where at least there's some science involved. Or other space movies which take an entirely different tack.

So I'm not disappointed. For a Star Wars film, this was great. And remember, they've already gotten it wrong with the prequels. Those were boring stories, terribly told, with a cast who couldn't make it work, in a dud universe with absolutely terrible digital effects. They were awful. They learned from their mistakes and didn't do it again. 

Pairing stuff (no spoilers)

The other thing is I am vigilant against letting other people's opinions influence mine. I avoid spoilers, and I'm very careful about the reviews I read afterward. I've loved Star wars since I was a kid, pre-Internet, pre-prequels, pre- all of it. I'll be damned if I let some internet troll who's had none of my experiences, doesn't know me or what I like, tell me what to think. And there are sooooo many people out there who are happy to tell you what to hate.

The internet makes everyone's voice come out at the same volume. But not all of those voices are worth listening to or are worthy of your attention.

I am pretty open about telling people not to watch/read Naruto. Or even Game of Thrones. I don't think those were satisfying, well-written endings, which is so disappointing if your invested in the series. I wouldn't say that about this Star Wars series. It may have aspects you personally might not like (you know, like wanting one pairing over another), but overall, I thought they did a good job with how they chose to tell this particular story. I'd totally tell you to go see this one.

edit: wow, long post. sorry man. but I hope this helps, without being spoiler-y!

#46 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:26 AM

From what Spoilers I saw, the shipping is just straight up ANNOYING in all honesty. :dry:  :down:  Rey's Origins being flip flopped like that I don't really enjoy, but I'll give the movie a fair shake though when I can. My family wants to watch it together but time schedules are not matching up at the moment. Work, School, you know, life. :sweat:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 December 2019 - 12:35 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#47 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:23 AM

So...without spoilers, yeah, I'd say this movie was awesome. Great story, dialogue, there were some twists, and it overall had a rollercoster ride pacing. Didn't slow down too much at the wrong spots. Great effects, nothing jarring or poorly done or taking you out of the universe. Fascinating world building. It felt like a third in the series. It didn't feel like it was a movie coming from out of left-field. It still felt cohesive to the other two movies. I also felt like they kept the integrity of the characters too. They didn't destroy any for the sake of the ending. Like Naruto or Game of Thrones did. 

I sometimes wonder if people bash movies because they want them to be something entirely different. But this is Star Wars — a 70s brainchild that tells the same old hero's journey story in a joke-y, family-friendly way. It's not a complex thriller. It's not 'The Martian,' where at least there's some science involved. Or other space movies which take an entirely different tack.

So I'm not disappointed. For a Star Wars film, this was great. And remember, they've already gotten it wrong with the prequels. Those were boring stories, terribly told, with a cast who couldn't make it work, in a dud universe with absolutely terrible digital effects. They were awful. They learned from their mistakes and didn't do it again. 

Pairing stuff (no spoilers)

The other thing is I am vigilant against letting other people's opinions influence mine. I avoid spoilers, and I'm very careful about the reviews I read afterward. I've loved Star wars since I was a kid, pre-Internet, pre-prequels, pre- all of it. I'll be damned if I let some internet troll who's had none of my experiences, doesn't know me or what I like, tell me what to think. And there are sooooo many people out there who are happy to tell you what to hate.

The internet makes everyone's voice come out at the same volume. But not all of those voices are worth listening to or are worthy of your attention.

I am pretty open about telling people not to watch/read Naruto. Or even Game of Thrones. I don't think those were satisfying, well-written endings, which is so disappointing if your invested in the series. I wouldn't say that about this Star Wars series. It may have aspects you personally might not like (you know, like wanting one pairing over another), but overall, I thought they did a good job with how they chose to tell this particular story. I'd totally tell you to go see this one.

edit: wow, long post. sorry man. but I hope this helps, without being spoiler-y!

I might watch it.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#48 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:49 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=b2zZFtq13c4

https://www.youtube....h?v=5pAsss_nTlk

#49 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

Reviews?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:34 PM

Reviews?

If you or anyone else has the time for this:

They go through the whole thing and point out pretty much everything.

Or if you need something shorter XD then try this:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#51 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

My boy Jeremy Jahns is on point!

I've got my own video regarding The Sequel Trilogy planned, that'll be up sometime tonight.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 24 December 2019 - 05:36 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#52 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

Saw it today. It was Okay. It's not like the new movies have ruined the old ones, they did that way back in 2000. :shrug:

Some plotholes, and some reylo scenes dragged. Better than TLJ. I was not involved in shipping, but I always suspected Reylo was the real couple, and not Finnrey.

ナルサク

#53 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 11 December 2021 - 05:49 PM

Thus was the latest star wars thread here so I posting this tweet here showing lucasfilm is 50 years old

https://twitter.com/...Lv4j7F5-DQ&s=19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users