LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

I got to say Homecoming was one of the best movies of 2017 for me, and I'd argue it's one of the best Spider-Man movies of all time. Some could argue it's not a good Spider-Man movie, but there's nothing wrong with that. The movie was trying to do something different and I think it succeeded in a lot of ways unlike another film series (insert comments how could you?) jokes aside, Homecoming I'd say is like my #2 Spider-Man film right behind Spider-Man 2 as my #1. 

Now as for what we're seeing in the trailer for Far From Home I'm really looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen since the end of homecoming, and more importantly since the end of Infinity War. Some may say they spoiled a major plot point for Avenger's Endgame, come now 97% of us knew he was gonna be back since they announced this movie long before Infinity War even came out. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic between Peter and "MJ"  and wait Happy x Aunt May that's interesting. Mysterio is a villain I've been waiting to see on the big screen for a long time, and he's finally getting his due,  and HYDROMAN what!! didn't expect that now i'm really intrigued especially with Nick Fury coming into play it kinda gives me the vibes from The Ultimate Spider-Man comics and the videogame for the PS2 & Xbox. 

what about you guys? 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:33 AM

MYSTERIOOO

#3 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:36 AM

Im only watching this movie for mj and peter they look so cute together plus the actors have strong chemistry in real life.

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

Im only watching this movie for mj and peter they look so cute together plus the actors have strong chemistry in real life.

They are dating in real life from what Ive been told!

#5 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

They are dating in real life from what Ive been told!

WHAT. I thought it was just a rumor!!! <3

#6 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

WHAT. I thought it was just a rumor!!! <3

Nope they are indeed legit dating right now!

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

I got to say Homecoming was one of the best movies of 2017 for me, and I'd argue it's one of the best Spider-Man movies of all time. Some could argue it's not a good Spider-Man movie, but there's nothing wrong with that. The movie was trying to do something different and I think it succeeded in a lot of ways unlike another film series (insert comments how could you?) jokes aside, Homecoming I'd say is like my #2 Spider-Man film right behind Spider-Man 2 as my #1.

This argument is fine. I have no problem with it, but when people start using this argument to explain away the more....lackluster writing aspects of the Spider-Man movie I'm generally little nerved. Mostly because they use it for the Marvel movies, but never want to apply the same logic to the DC movies.

"Man of Steel sucks. Superman would never kill. This movie is horrible." Okay, but what I said like they said: "Snyder wanted to do something different with him." They don't even accept this or even register it. They just downright  hate on Man of Steel because "it is not like the comics," but then off the cuff of their sleeve excuse any and all problems that Marvel movies have because "they wanted to do something different."

Most of the changes are good, but not all of them. We all can agree with two words: "The Mandarin."

I am just saying that if we are going to apply this to Marvel...then people at least have to apply this to the DC movies as well. It did amazing things for Aquaman.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic between Peter and "MJ"

I am not. I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this, but I don't like this "Michelle Jones insert token diversity here fake MJ" character. I didn't like her in Homecoming either. I can tolerate her as maybe a classmate, but as a love interest to Peter? I really hope not. As always, I am not being racist because her being half black half white or anything of that trivial nature. I just...she is NOT MJ. She is not Mary Jane.

One thing I always loved about the dynamic between Peter and Mary Jane was that it was supposed to be two people who saw each other for who they were. Mary Jane was beautiful and popular, but she hated the lifestyle. She wanted people to see her for her talents and not for her looks. She was stronger than people made her out to be. Same with Peter. He is Spider-Man. He is amazing and yet he pulls off this nerdy geeky lifestyle. We look beyond skin deep viewpoints and find truly amazing people underneath.

This Michelle Jones character plays off more like a "too edgy for me, I am cynical about everything, look how boss I am cause I don't fill conformity" mess. I just don't like her. If she was her own character and was just a friend of Peter I would be okay with it, but this is not the case. She would be better off as a character in a Miles Morales story like maybe his sister or even a love interest for him.

I just feel they could have done better. And it is hard not to see things a certain way because of how rampant PC culture has become lately. It is hard to not think these things when you have The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, and more movies where the directors admit they were pushing an agenda of "diversity" and "Sexism."

Please, don't misunderstand me. I just don't like her character. I wish they would bring a real ginger to play Mary Jane if they can. I am pretty sure they can find one.

I was okay with Ned being there even though he is not really in the lore and was more like Miles Morales friend, but Michelle Jones. It feels like the stupid Robin Blake character in The Dark Knight Rises. That's a cheat. You throw us a bone thinking Batman was going to have a Robin and they push this stupid character at us.

Robin Blake in The Dark Knight Rises is an example of "Just because it is different, does not make it good." And I think Michelle Jones is in the same category. I think it is a cheat and I think it is just stupid. Either have a Mary Jane or don't.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

you sound like a man that boycotts gillette

ナルサク

#9 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:54 PM

Does this take place before or after Infinity War...people would say after...but Peter is using the old Spiderman costume, and not the Iron Spiderman costume from Infinity War.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

Does this take place before or after Infinity War...people would say after...but Peter is using the old Spiderman costume, and not the Iron Spiderman costume from Infinity War.

I think between Infinity War and Homecoming.

ナルサク

#11 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:49 AM

I think between Infinity War and Homecoming.

It takes place after endgame.

#12 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 AM

It takes place after endgame.

how do you know?

ナルサク

#13 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:28 AM

that's what Kevin Feige revealed in terms of continuity for this one.. 

I mean it's not really a spoiler for endgame because we know he'll be back. 

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

you sound like a man that boycotts gillette

You sound like a woman who supports anti-Semites

You know, Sushi, not everything has to be political. You don't have to be as salty as Leslie Jones is over the new Ghostbusters movie.

I don't like the character Michelle Jones. What's wrong with that? I don't care of they want Spider-Man to have a new love interest, but don't spit in the face of the fans by calling her MJ. Like I said with the "Robin Blake" character in The Dark Knight Rises. That's treating the fans like they are stupid. You throw  them a bone and then treat them like they are stupid.

As Kevin Smith said
"I am very familiar with the Batman mythos, I never heard of a Robin Blake."

Well, I am very familiar with the Spider-Man mythos, I never heard of Michelle Jones either.

Here let me give you a good example of a well executed change. Jarvis from Iron Man. In the comic, he was an actual person and Butler to the Stark Estate. (Like Alfred is to Batman) In the movie, he is a Bulter A.I. Tony built into his estate. Not only is that clever, but that is awesome. And it made for an interesting idea with Ultron and him becoming Vision. That's clever considering what the original Vision was. (A synthoid machine created by Ultron using the brain patterns of Wonder Man.)

You see what I mean?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 January 2019 - 03:29 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

You sound like a woman who supports anti-Semites

You know, Sushi, not everything has to be political. You don't have to be as salty as Leslie Jones is over the new Ghostbusters movie.

I don't like the character Michelle Jones. What's wrong with that? I don't care of they want Spider-Man to have a new love interest, but don't spit in the face of the fans by calling her MJ. Like I said with the "Robin Blake" character in The Dark Knight Rises. That's treating the fans like they are stupid. You throw  them a bone and then treat them like they are stupid.

As Kevin Smith said
"I am very familiar with the Batman mythos, I never heard of a Robin Blake."

Well, I am very familiar with the Spider-Man mythos, I never heard of Michelle Jones either.

Here let me give you a good example of a well executed change. Jarvis from Iron Man. In the comic, he was an actual person and Butler to the Stark Estate. (Like Alfred is to Batman) In the movie, he is a Bulter A.I. Tony built into his estate. Not only is that clever, but that is awesome. And it made for an interesting idea with Ultron and him becoming Vision. That's clever considering what the original Vision was. (A synthoid machine created by Ultron using the brain patterns of Wonder Man.)

You see what I mean?

You're the one that made this political James. Anti-semitism even. I don't care that it was a joke, you're the salty one and you proved that by accusing me of that.

You could've just said you didn't like Michelle Jones. You didn't need to howl about how you're not racist before anyone even called you one. It's like a man that runs around in a store saying "I didn't steal anything!", security might check his bag. Your post made me want to check yours.

I don't care for Michelle's character either. Everyone thought Zendaya would play Mary Jane, turns out she's just a sarcastic filler character. That irritated me. Her being a redhead wouldn't change that. So why do you want Mary Jane to be one?

Now who is the salty one? Why are you so afraid to be called a racist and why does it upset you so much if you know it isn't true. Isn't there a limit to what you can take personally from strangers on the web. Leslie's tweet was pointless and her movie was bad. I liked it but I can't say much for the quality. She's not pointing at you, she's pointing at a crowd and and if you feel attacked perhaps you should rethink how un-racist you are.

ナルサク

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

Well I am looking forward to it. I have nothing against them trying new things. I DID love Aquaman by the way. I think DC is improving with their solo movies in all honesty and I like the direction they took with Aquaman. I expect new and exciting movies for the DCEU after this completely and truthfully :yes:  But enough of that. I think this movie looks great overall. That said, Michelle Jones is an oddity to me in all honesty, if you want my opinion on it. She is not a "new or fresh take" on Mary-Jane Watson, It's like she is an entirely new and original character made up by Marvel Studios but is intended to take up Mary-Jane's role more or less. I mean, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that but If she's an original character I don't know why they insist on calling her M.J. when she's not. The nickname doesn't even make sense if you're are talking about an abbreviation aesthetic but correct me if I'm wrong 

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 January 2019 - 02:22 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#17 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

The whole M.J thing is meant to be a tribute to the character. Nothing more than that. She's her own different and new character. As for their reasoning, I couldn't find anything about that. However, if it's just to create a new character that adds a bit more originality and diversity to the series then...I don't see how it's the end of the world? I would understand if they were trying to replace Mary Jane with Michelle why people are upset, but it's been stated that she's her own character. Then again, I suppose it's a very human reaction to be against change when things have always been done a certain way. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Oh that's fine and I enjoy the idea. But Again I see no reason to call her M.J if she isn't, because she's not. So no reason to call her that if you ask me. Just call her Michelle, or Shelly, since she is an original character. By calling her M.J. it's like saying "this is not Mary Jane Watson, but we want you TO THINK she is, even though she is an original character we came up with and is in no way a homage to the comics, nor is she meant to be similar M.J.W. in way shape or form. BUT WE STILL CALL HER M.J. Very mixed signals there IMO. Again, I am fine with an original character taking the place of a previously established character to have the same dynamic and relationships, but then it makes no sense to for that "original character" to pay homage to the character that they are replacing when they are suppose to be their own character. Mary Jane Watson is Mary Jane Watson, and Michelle Jones is Michelle Jones. That is all.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 January 2019 - 08:11 PM.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Michelle will never completely be an original character because she was baited as Mary Jane. She also had very little screentime in Homecoming compared fo how hyped her character was.

Short-term crushes are natural with teenagers but Peter had a love-interest in the first movie that left town. Will Michelle also leave or will she be his girlfriend in Spiderman 3 and 4? How big can they make a filler character? Does Gwen or Mary Jane not exist in the MCU?

I think Zendaya is too big of a star they wouldnt replace her but she shouldve just played MJ. :/

Edited by sushi., 27 January 2019 - 01:24 AM.

ナルサク

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

Then they should have just called her Mary Jane. I know I'm making a big deal out of nothing here but I just want them to say one thing and stick with it, not say one thing and do the other. They said Zendaya would play "M.J.", then give her the name "Michelle Jones" then all of a sudden the intent is that Zendaya is playing a character of similar intent to Mary Jane but is not even an adaptation of her, she is supposed to be an  "original character that functions as Mary Jane but is NOT Mary Jane. So which is it? Either call her an original character or just say she is a new twist on Mary Jane Watson. You can't call a character "original" and then say they are paying tribute to a character they are not even based on.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users