What's Your Devotion To Naruto?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Apr 12 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but bleach is a way better story really, I really only stay to see the ending and who get with who.

Once again, can we keep the comments about Bleach out of the Naruto thread. Or did you just skim past all of the posts on this very topic? huh.gif

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 12 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, RyrineaHaruno. This thread isn't about preaching which series is better. There IS a Bleach discussion thread for that.

Oh btw, Shauna. Mingrin is how Naruto is pronounced in Mandarin. XDDD

Guess you must have bought the really crappy subs.

Lol, this was way back in 2005, when the series was really just getting popular, so I guess they really were just crappy tongue.gif

#22 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 12 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh btw, Shauna. Mingrin is how Naruto is pronounced in Mandarin. XDDD

Guess you must have bought the really crappy subs.

Yeap. She sure did. I've got the Card Captor Sakura movies like that too. Great Chinese subs and horrendous english subs, translated directly from the Chinese subs (can you guess why?) XD

I was quite surprised that my Evangelion DVD collection had good quality subs! And I was quite sure it was overseas DVD's too. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#23 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

Bah, what surprises me is that all of Taiwan is infatuated with Bleach and Naruto... XDD

Especially the little kids, but... the question is...

HOW CAN THEY WATCH THE CRAPPY MANDARIN DUB?

(I nearly killed myself @ the voices)

#24 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 12 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bah, what surprises me is that all of Taiwan is infatuated with Bleach and Naruto... XDD

Especially the little kids, but... the question is...

HOW CAN THEY WATCH THE CRAPPY MANDARIN DUB?

(I nearly killed myself @ the voices)

Dedication.

Lots of it.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#25 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:35 AM

Yes, yes.

I'm not dedicated as I'd like to be... (money issues, y'see... plus, spending way too much on anime/manga isn't really my thing. XDDD)

Although I will drop down money for the entire manga set when Naruto is finished.

#26 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 12 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, can we keep the comments about Bleach out of the Naruto thread. Or did you just skim past all of the posts on this very topic? huh.gif

Lol, this was way back in 2005, when the series was really just getting popular, so I guess they really were just crappy tongue.gif

Sorry again I edited my comment I thought that what it was sorry again I didn't read the rest of thread.

#27 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Apr 13 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, yes.

I'm not dedicated as I'd like to be... (money issues, y'see... plus, spending way too much on anime/manga isn't really my thing. XDDD)

Although I will drop down money for the entire manga set when Naruto is finished.

Holy crap dude, how dedicated do you want to be? buying the entire manga will cost a fair bit i reckon lol

#28 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Apr 13 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap dude, how dedicated do you want to be? buying the entire manga will cost a fair bit i reckon lol

He can start by buying the full Naruto Part 1 Manga collection set (that's about $50-60 US dollars) tongue.gif Not sure when Part 2 will end though...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

I got all the openings and endings until "Blue Bird", and the DVD boxes up to box 13. And i started a fanfic, but i'm a little slow as a writer.

#30 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Apr 13 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, Rickles.

I'll probably end up importing the set from my home country when the series is all done. Cheaper there anyways. XDD

#31 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Okay, I feel as though my devotion is seriously small compared to what everyone has collected.

-One Naruto shirt

-one headband

-A pre-time skip orange Naruto Jacket

-compsed three Naruto AMV

-a fanfic in the works.

-random songs from the series

and a couple wall scrolls.

not much all in all. Bu then again... the username says it all. happy.gif

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#32 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Devotion?

A fanfic.
The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

One of the openings from the series and a few volumes of the manga.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

The only thing I've done for Naruto is write fanfics, doujinshis, and fanart, but I've never spent any money on it at all.

#35 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

I guess On my end my devotion comes in my Fan fics. i have 10 currently including the In your eyes trilogy.

links in my siggy if anyone wants to read
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#36 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

My collection seems so puny in comparison sad.gif And I haven't added to it much lately, on account of having no money...

- 2 manga volumes (I'm sorryyy I read it all online shamefulcry0js.gif and got peed off at some of the early Viz translations, I will do better! - but the downloads are clogging up my laptop nicely)

- Unleashed anime boxsets up to about episode 100 so far (haven't got round to ordering the next one yet)

- One cushion. With Naruto on. th_glomp.gif

- Waay too much time and money spent on learning to make ramen, dango, onigiri... Also time spent on fanarts (even got brave enough to post some) and writing fanfics that no-one will ever read.... (I feel sad D:)

- Loads of bits of soundtrack, downloaded (guilt strikes)

- I found this NaruSaku fanclub thing online and have taken to visiting it frequently

- Oh and I just ordered Ultimate Ninja 4... and I don't have a PS2

#37 Vicious

Vicious

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (DownsEndRoad @ May 24 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My collection seems so puny in comparison sad.gif And I haven't added to it much lately, on account of having no money...

- 2 manga volumes (I'm sorryyy I read it all online shamefulcry0js.gif and got peed off at some of the early Viz translations, I will do better! - but the downloads are clogging up my laptop nicely)

- Unleashed anime boxsets up to about episode 100 so far (haven't got round to ordering the next one yet)

- One cushion. With Naruto on. th_glomp.gif

- Waay too much time and money spent on learning to make ramen, dango, onigiri... Also time spent on fanarts (even got brave enough to post some) and writing fanfics that no-one will ever read.... (I feel sad D:)

- Loads of bits of soundtrack, downloaded (guilt strikes)

- I found this NaruSaku fanclub thing online and have taken to visiting it frequently

- Oh and I just ordered Ultimate Ninja 4... and I don't have a PS2

I have volume 1 for the manga and the official fanbook. (To help out with the fic I'm writing.)

Games no, dvd box set season 1 but I pawned it to help buy my new computer. I don't think I'm what you'd consider a fanboy. emoticon_monocle.gif but if they ever came out with Icha Icha paradise I'd probably buy it.
The Righteous are humiliated and perish, the strong are weakened and beaten, lovers become wretches to all and the other, the innocent are forsaken and dismissed, and the shattered are left broken... such is the cause of evil and contempt... contempt for what others are not, contempt for their own weaknesses, contempt because they are no longer in the realm of the light. But instead have fallen to hatred, anxiety, and greed.

#38 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

I don't think it depends on how much you own. but its nice to show off.

I don't own much, but i have taken the time to sew several Naruto costumes myself and i have drawn so much naruto that whenever i try to draw something else it comes out all Kishimoto-ish.

Though i do have the pre-timeskip manga box set. sakura.gif

#39 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:32 AM

- all the naruto clocks i've seen
- all the naruto bags i've seen
- all the posters i've seen
- some pins
- some stickers

biggrin.gif

#40 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (jacm @ May 24 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- all the naruto clocks i've seen
- all the naruto bags i've seen
- all the posters I've seen
- some pins
- some stickers

biggrin.gif

That cost a lot of money for you I bet.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 25 May 2009 - 02:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users