24 replies to this topic

#1 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

Kishimoto has brought up many subjects concerning individual shinobi that have been stated but never seeing the grace of ink. One of such was Tenten stating her goal was to become greater than Tsunade.

The most interesting one to me is Asuma's last words to Ino.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/328/06/

And I'm pondering the possibilities of that statement and various scenarios; almost none of which will happen in the manga anyway.

1) Ino ends up winning Sasuke. Whether or not Sakura is still pursing Sasuke in this instance could be placed into consideration. I also think this situation would be damaging to Ino if an adequate belief is not placed in Sasuke's turnaround and redemption.

2) Ino ends up with Naruto. It could be easily be explained with Sakura showing more attention and interest in his direction only to have him be swooped up by Ino. Hopefully the two are mature enough to have it not degenerate to the cold shoulders thrown each others way like it was with Sasuke.

3) Ino ends up with someone else not named Naruto or Sasuke. In this instance, Sakura has a somewhat bittersweet to depressing ending. For example, Naruto dies before she gets over the denial and confesses to him or does confess to him but they never get a chance to explore that love. Or in a worse chance, Sakura and Naruto switch roles. Sakura is the one who pines after Naruto while his eyes are focused elsewhere.

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

As I've said before it would be stupid if Ino just suddenly developed feelings for Naruto out of the blue so she can compete with Sakura for someone's heart again.

uc.png

#3 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Ya brought up an interesting theory. In my mind, I don't think Asuma was referring directly to their fight over Sasuke. If Sakura ends up wtih Naruto and Ino finds happiness with someone else then she wouldn't be losing to Sakura in love because they would both have it.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#4 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 13 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I've said before it would be stupid if Ino just suddenly developed feelings for Naruto out of the blue so she can compete with Sakura for someone's heart again.

My thoughts.

#5 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

I go with Nee-sama on this. I believe it is to show that Ino is working hard. If there is a part 3 or extended epilogue of sorts, I think it will show Ino happy with someone and being praised as a good medic/Yamanaka Jutsu user.

Of course it could mean Ino perusing Naruto just to get Sakura's butt in gear before finding her love. (refering to Digifruit's new oneshot for that idea)
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Jan 13 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course it could mean Ino perusing Naruto just to get Sakura's butt in gear before finding her love. (refering to Digifruit's new oneshot for that idea)

I could totally see Ino doing that. tongue.gif Her persuing Naruto just to get Sakura all jealous and get out of her denial stage.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

I agree as well. its more a keep working hard statement than an actual prelude to something happening. Though the thoughts of what happens in fly me to the Moon is a wonderful idea. =^__^=
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#8 chiradorisenganuser

chiradorisenganuser

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 13 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats True...

#9 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 13 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya brought up an interesting theory. In my mind, I don't think Asuma was referring directly to their fight over Sasuke. If Sakura ends up wtih Naruto and Ino finds happiness with someone else then she wouldn't be losing to Sakura in love because they would both have it.

I agree, I don't think what Asuma mentioned was Ino and Sakura eternally rivaling over the same love interest, but perhaps not letting Sakura break her heart by stealing Ino's chance for love. Most likely, I think that the contention between the two will eventually dissipate if it hasn't already and they will both become very close friends again as they were when they were children. After all, it has been my observation that neither of them even liked Sasuke that much but rather used him as the byproduct to obsess over beating each other out, since Sakura was the one to begin the whole rivalry by telling Ino they couldn't be friends anymore over a small, childhood crush.

#10 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

Well I don't think it has a lick to do with Sasuke. In case you haven't noticed, Sasuke isn't really a prize to be won at this point. Ino grew out of her childish crush at some point during the later half of Part 1. The 3rd Databook even removed the "love" arrow from Ino to Sasuke.

It has nothing to do with Naruto. Ino has shown no interest toward him and rarely interacts with the boy.

I think it means Ino should be happy with whoever she chooses. Ino has shown to have some bad taste in guys so Asuma might be just telling her, be patient, you'll find the right guy.

Honestly, I think it is referring to Choji. Choji and Shikamaru are really the only two boys she knows and Shikamaru's love interest lie elsewhere. Choji was the guy the old Ino would never have considered because of his weight. But a new mature Ino could see beyond Choji's physical appearence. Winning in love could mean finding happiness with Choji of all people.

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:04 AM

Choji's probaly the only one who could put up with Ino long enough to be in a committed relationship with her laugh.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 15 January 2009 - 05:04 AM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:25 AM

Hmm, when Asuma said that I just thought it meant 'keep working hard and don't let Sakura get too far ahead of you'. Probably not much of the romance thing; it's not much of a sensei thing to do, in my opinion, to go tell your students to go grab a boyfriend. tongue.gif But then, if that were the case, I'd say Chouji's a pretty nice choice. It'd show how much Ino has matured from her younger self.

Oh yeah, after reading digifruit's latest oneshot, I can actually see Ino confronting Sakura about her feelings for Naruto and probably even pulling the two together. That'd be good happy.gif

#13 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Jan 14 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts.

what he said
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#14 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Personally, i think you guys are putting to much thought into it.

Although it seems like a topic that was only mentioned for that moment and won't get further develoupment, i think what Asuma ment was "Don't lose to Sakura. Surpase her in power and find love before her." not fighting for the love for Sasuke or Naruto. If there was going to be a fight over Naruto, it would be between Hinata and Saukra, not Ino * and Saukra would win XDD*

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#15 SakuraOwnsYa

SakuraOwnsYa

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Jan 17 2009, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, i think you guys are putting to much thought into it.

Although it seems like a topic that was only mentioned for that moment and won't get further develoupment, i think what Asuma ment was "Don't lose to Sakura. Surpase her in power and find love before her." not fighting for the love for Sasuke or Naruto. If there was going to be a fight over Naruto, it would be between Hinata and Saukra, not Ino * and Saukra would win XDD*

True. I don't think Asuma meant the same boy.

NaruIno = Hell No.

ShikaIno = Hell Yeah. (Or InoCho)

EDIT:

Ninjutsu?
Sakura > Ino.

Edited by SakuraOwnsYa, 18 January 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#16 Shika

Shika

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

Personally, I also think you guys are just trying to say what you want. I don't think Asuma would tell Ino that over Sasuke or to find love before Sakura. I just think it mean for her to keep working hard and stay on the same level as Sakura. If it was with a guy, totally Choji. You see Choji and Ino could both grow up, Choji has some, but still pays a lot of mind to food, and Ino could mature and figure out that appearance means very little.

#17 Draco_K

Draco_K

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:I got alot of intrests. ask me and I might tell ya about them.

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

It could be love for Choji or it could be love for her work. who knows but with Asuma dead and the ino/shika/cho team without a jounin sensei who's to say what will be her "love". her role in shippuden should be a bit more interesting now.
Been There, Done That, Bought the T Shirt but damned if the son of a b*tch didnt get tossed out.

#18 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

I definitely think that Asuma just didn't want Sakura to find love while Ino didn't.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#19 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 13 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts Exactly but that why we have Fan fiction for tongue.gif

#20 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:32 AM

I think you're looking too deeply in this.

It's true Kishimoto has dealt with loose ends I thought he would have forgotten about for now (the feelings of a certain Hyuuga's girl, for example), but I don't think that sentence means Ino and Sakura will compete again about a boy, let alone Sasuke. I HIGHLY doubt Asuma was encouraging his female disciple to hook up with a traitor had been responsible of the almost deaths of two thirds of his team.

Surely he was speaking in a general way. Not losing against Sakura in any way, shape or form.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users