Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

RAW is out.

http://mangahelpers....s/details/17339

So Madara was the one behind the Nine-Tails attack. (Was there ever any doubt?)
Madara is never actually referred to by name in this chapter, Minato just refers to him as "A man with a mask." But considering Team Kakashi saw Tobi's Sharingan and Madara was the only one to ever be able to control the fox...I don't think the math is very hard.

And no mention of Kushina. >< That's something that Tsunade can explain to Naruto though, I guess. But I kinda wish that Naruto's talk with his dad was a little longer.

#2 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Scanlation by Sleepyfans out.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/01/

Wow, that was a pretty good chapter & I can definitely feel for Naruto... (even tho it felt rushed) AND I LOVED that lil' chat about Pain's objective & question... I hope GK at MH can help me understand it a lil' bit more. BTW since Minato knew everything about what happened in Naruto's life... Does anybody feel that Minato's gonna give him a lil' pep talk about Sakura?. & Oh, I SURE hope he'll stay around for a lil' while. (we need to find out what happened to Kushina)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

I think that Minato will come back after this. Yes, Naruto's going to have a party inside his head soon...with Kyuubi, Minato and Itachi(?). The point being, I think his brain is being shared among different individuals, and that's why he's a little dull. biggrin.gif

Heartwarming talk. I loved how Naruto's exp​ressions were there. It was a little on the short side, and I think that's probably because of the impending fight. Also, hearing Minato say that "this is the last time" for the seal to be reformed makes me thing that Naruto will need the key training anyway. Let's just get back to the action for now. Naruto might talk to pain about Madara as well.

#4 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

the talk with the 4th was rushed but then again what can you expect? any long and it might have been bad. but it'll definitly keep getting better and better. cant wait for the next chap.

i do wonder what sakura will think when she is informed. cant wait *bounces*

#5 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Poor Naruto, thinking he's not a great ninja, I dont think anyone couldve assured him better than Minato. Pain is gonna be in some serious sh** now!

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

Man this chapter was freaking awesome! Kick Pein's ass Naruto! rawr.gif

uc.png

#7 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

It felt a little rushed at first, but after rereading it twice (eheheh) I think that was mostly just the suspense from last week.

Naruto's reaction was very Narutoish, but touching... uh, not that those are contradictory... anyway, I liked it. I'm really glad he's come back to himself to continue the fight, as well *Go Naruto!*

And seeing as Minato said 'I guess the 3rd didn't tell you' - did anyone else think this suggested he knew Kushina wasn't in a position to tell him anything?

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

Crying Naruto. ;__;

Punching Minato ;__;

Awesome chapter though. Loved the father-son moments wow.png

#9 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

That was an amazing conversation
whatthekitten.gif <- me in front of computer

I loved the frame where Minato puts his hand on Naruto's head and says "I believe in you!"
Can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#10 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

I didn't really enjoy this chapter as much as the past few, but that's mainly because I don't like Minato. I'm glad Naruto was at least mad about what he did, but getting over it that quickly... It smacks of bad fanfic.

I just hope the end of this fight makes up for it. I really hope Naruto manages to completely defeat Nagato. I don't want another Naraku.

#11 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

I really enjoyed this chapter. Seeing Naruto punch Minato was kinda funny. But this still doesnt clear up things about his mom. What really happened to her? Did she die? Or is she still alive? But I really can't wait till next week to see Naruto kick Pein's ass!!!!!!!! And I really hope he does it this time. Prepare for awesomeness!!!!!!!! rawr.gif wow.png rawr.gif

#12 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

YEA NARUTO!!!Woo Go Naruto Fight the demon within!!!
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Some nice moments there, even though it felt rushed. happy.gif When Yondaime said "let's go somewhere else", I expected them to go for a father-son bonding over a bowl of ramen. XD

I'm glad we had Naruto showing anger over his hard life, it would have been unrealistic if he'd been completely OK. Poor Minato, he wasn't expecting that punch. laugh.gif

A couple of questions answered for Naruto, I hope this is only the start of his learning more about his heritage. He could ask Tsunade for more information, maybe the 4th and/or Kushina even left something for him? If/when Kishimoto does that, I hope it will be at a more relaxed pace than the rushed affair we had today.

Naruto also needs to believe in himself! For someone who's done incredible things and has sheer determination, it's amazing how little confidence he has in himself. I also remember how he never bragged about the really important things he did, such as convincing Tsunade to come back, and saving Sakura from Gaara.

Next week: reactions! I'm sure Yamato will be very confused as to how his warning went from "9 tails" to zero. What about the village? Did they see the emergence of the Eight Tails?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Naruto will deal with God Pain's power. I also hope his next outfit will be more stylish and be colour-coordinated. tongue.gif *Sakura waits in the wings with a colour wheel*

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

The chapter was sweet and touching though I agree with everyone else, it was rushed. I loved the reunited father/son moments and I can't wait for more of that in future chapters.

I also hope to see more Minato in the next chapters as well. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Man what a great chapter!

I thought the father son talk was handles reallly well but maybe it is the father in me that can see from Minato's point of view.

Naruto got the best pep talk he could ever have from a man he has always looked up to a man he now knows as his father.

Next chapter should be epic because in naruto style he has to convince Nagato of the error of his ways lol

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Mar 19 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But this still doesnt clear up things about his mom. What really happened to her? Did she die? Or is she still alive?

Yeah, honestly... I'm sure Kishi will simply sweep her under the carpet. She was merely a plot point and a little teaser about Minato's life. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this weird feeling... I mean... again, week-in, week-out I keep wondering when Sasuke or/and the Thunder-nin are going to show up...

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 19 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of questions answered for Naruto, I hope this is only the start of his learning more about his heritage. He could ask Tsunade for more information, maybe the 4th and/or Kushina even left something for him?
Me too. I hope, when/if Naruto has time he'll inquire about his mother. I at least want to know what happened to her, Kishi!

If/when Kishimoto does that, I hope it will be at a more relaxed pace than the rushed affair we had today.
I don't know, I really get a feeling that he wants to step out of Naruto soon. But again, he has a lot to cram in still...

Next week: reactions! I'm sure Yamato will be very confused as to how his warning went from "9 tails" to zero. What about the village? Did they see the emergence of the Eight Tails?
LOL, I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. Yamato: "OMG! He's dead! No!!!! Life why are you so cruel!!!" Anko: "He's right there." Yamato: "Oh..."

I'm looking forward to seeing how Naruto will deal with God Pain's power. I also hope his next outfit will be more stylish and be colour-coordinated. tongue.gif *Sakura waits in the wings with a colour wheel*

WHERE'S SAKURA?!?!?!?!?!

Now that's done-- GENERAL REACTION:

Minato was somehow sealed within Naruto-- Kage Bunshin may-haps? But... he didn't even ask about his mom. I agree with the general census about the pacing of this chapter. I don't think it slowed at all, if anything it's suffered from being stuck with the faster pace of the chapters before it. It was a touching chapter, but we never got inside Naruto's head. He must have a thousand questions. His crying... his reaction... it was the little Naruto, that he hid away so many years ago, brought back by the father he never had. Great stuff. Action now, thoughts later, is how I think Naruto's going with the father reveal. I hope that he and Sakura have a nice little scene together because of it... but yes, that might be wishful thinking.

Minato: "Naruto, I am your father."

Naruto: "No! It can't be true! That's impossible!"

Minato: "Search your feelings, you know it be true."

Heh heh, just had to do it. Now hopefully Sakura isn't related to Naruto, so she has to go with Sasuke, tongue.gif

Some people hate how it is (Minato being there inside Naruto's mind or whatever it is), but I don't really mind it.

On a side note... How did Minato know all that stuff? Has he been there all along (being able to look through Naruto's eyes), or does he simply know because Naruto knows? If the first is true, how sad... to see your child's life, and suffering, but not be able to comfort him. Also! How creepy... Like... when Naruto goes to the bathroom....ewwwwwww But I'm sure it's the other option instead.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 19 March 2009 - 09:28 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

seriuosly, how does he know. Minato said his chakra was fading, does that mean he is somewhere else projecting himself into Naruto's mind or something like that? or did he just install a type of replicate into Naruto's mind?

i want some answers, but then again, being given all the answers wouldn't keep me as interested in the manga. headdesk.gif

Edited by jworks, 19 March 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#18 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Maybe it is because he was a projection set up before he died to assist Naruto if he ever was close to releasing kyuubi thus only had a limited amount of chakra to begin with.

or maybe it was like this

half of minato's soul went with Kyuubi's yin chakra into Naruto and half went into the death god it was all explained sort of how the jutsu worked when Sandiame fought Orochimaru (though thats seems like an eternity ago now) After all only a bit of Orochimaru's soul got taken up by the jutsu so maybe Yondiame got the death god to split his soul in half too as well as Kyuubi's

anyway that is my crack theory anyone else wanna have a go?

Edited by Verilance, 19 March 2009 - 09:35 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#19 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

I don't think Minato that Naruto sees is a clone. I think it's more of a recording in a sense that was to be activated when the seal is about to be broken. So it's half Minato's message and half naruto himself. When he appears he takes on all of Naruto's experiences (which would be how he knows all of Naruto's feelings). It's kind of like in Superman, how his parents left him a recording that he could interact with. Could Naruto be Krypotnian? Hmmm.

Althought it did feel a bit rushed and I would have liked to hear more about the storyline leading up to Kyuubi being sealed in Naruto, I think it's going to make the storyline better. One of the aspects about the series I enjoy most is it keeps me guessing and trying to figure out what will happen next. There are so many possibilities.

I would like to see some downtime after this fight where Naruto is just staring off into space lost in thought about his father. Just thinking about why his father put the Kyuubi in him, why he had to sacrafice himself... And Sakura's interaction with Naruto afterwards would be cool too. She did spend a lot of time in the library and in research. Maybe Naruto will ask her to help him find out more about his past now that he knows who his father is.

And him delving deep into his mind. I don't know if he'll be able to do that at will. So will he have to wait until he's in a struggle for survival or on the brink again before he can interact with the Minato within him?

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Mar 19 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Sakura's interaction with Naruto afterwards would be cool too. She did spend a lot of time in the library and in research. Maybe Naruto will ask her to help him find out more about his past now that he knows who his father is.

Uh... I think the library is destroyed just as the other buildings. I thought it will be possible for everyone to access the library if Naruto's heritage/or the secrets of the Uchiha will come up before the big finale come up in the past but then Pain had to come in and destory everything in sight.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users