99 replies to this topic

#61 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

About the ending in the volume edition, I still don't understand why Kishimoto added Hinata. Like, trying to change the fact that you didnt give her any importance in 15 years?

It was there to fill in the blank of Naruto/Sasuke doing their seal because it was moved to the additional pages.

#62 Drivenbyflame

Drivenbyflame

永遠の魔法

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

It was there to fill in the blank of Naruto/Sasuke doing their seal because it was moved to the additional pages.

They could show a general view of the characters getting out of the cocoons, but nah, let's show Hinakittens because now she -> MC

#63 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

They could show a general view of the characters getting out of the cocoons, but nah, let's show Hinakittens because now she -> MC

because she was opening her eyes in the original. that kitten edit was just kishi following up with that.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#64 Drivenbyflame

Drivenbyflame

永遠の魔法

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

because she was opening her eyes in the original. that sh*tty edit was just kishi following up with that.

Yeah but he could add anything, but now everytime is a good time too add Hinata.

#65 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

Because Naruto is not a hero.

He is not intelligent

He is not the strongest

And he does not keep his promises

He is a stepping stone for Sasuke. Naruto is there to make Sasuke look better. He never beat Sasuke clearly in a one on one fight, he supported an abusive relationship between Sasuke and Sakura, gave up on his dream of being with Sakura even though there was mutual love and interest there, didn't become Hokage until Kakashi got bored, and is a horrible father who has alienated his son.

Naruto is not a hero. He is scum, garbage, and trash. He is pathetic.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#66 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

He is not intelligent

He is not the strongest

He is a stepping stone for Sasuke. Naruto is there to make Sasuke look better. He never beat Sasuke clearly in a one on one fight, he supported an abusive relationship between Sasuke and Sakura, gave up on his dream of being with Sakura even though there was mutual love and interest there, didn't become Hokage until Kakashi got bored, and is a horrible father who has alienated his son.

Kinda sad I used to admire him

#67 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:22 PM

Kinda sad I used to admire him

We all did to an extent. Not anymore

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#68 Drivenbyflame

Drivenbyflame

永遠の魔法

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

We all did to an extent. Not anymore

Agree, Naruto was a character to admire hard in my childhood. Kinda sad what he has become, the ultimate scumbag.

#69 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Agree, Naruto was a character to admire hard in my childhood. Kinda sad what he has become, the ultimate scumbag.

Same here.

#70 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

Naruto was never for SS he was only for Sakura's happiness which is why he wanted to bring him so he can also kittening confess  but that all was kittented on and retconed  for the sake of Hinata Hime Sama / NH . Naruto's confession should have solved so many things but it was discarded for this reason and that is why it looks like Naruto is ok with it sign . 

Naruto was able to call anyone on their BS but not when it comes to Sasuke bc  in Kikitten's eyes he's "Pure" (what a load of BS sign) . I've always said this when it comes to Sasuke everyone's characters changes they all do 180  especially Naruto's and Sakura's  their development as characters  get kittented on and regressed , bc Kikitten's lack of understanding  of human bonds/relationships/feelings  the men is just horrible in every sens .  

"Those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum" I've always find it funny that this rule applies to everyone but not when its Sasuke bc  then it becomes such a Double Standard and Kishimoto's writing horrible bc of his Sasuke crush ,  its disgusting really . I'll never understand why the Sasuke wanking was so much  why name your manga Naruto in the first place !?  I can't believe how much his MC got kittented on  its the first case I see something like this , this story should have never existed it would have all saved us the trouble of wasting our time on it .        

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#71 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

He is not intelligent

He is not the strongest

In a semi-defense of Naruto, Sakura comes off equally bad at the end. I'm not trying to bash Sakura to try and prop up Naruto, because I'll freely admit he turns into scum. But Sakura sure is quick to drop the bonds she forged with Naruto. It really makes you question why you liked any of the characters from Part I and Part II up to Pein.

@Tricksie

I think your post is an interesting one. I could make an argument that Naruto's upbringing makes him incapable of accepting and appreciating others' love for him based on being ostracized and ridiculed. But something tells me Kishi didn't think that deeply.

#72 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

In a semi-defense of Naruto, Sakura comes off equally bad at the end. I'm not trying to bash Sakura to try and prop up Naruto, because I'll freely admit he turns into scum. But Sakura sure is quick to drop the bonds she forged with Naruto. It really makes you question why you liked any of the characters from Part I and Part II up to Pein.

@Tricksie

I think your post is an interesting one. I could make an argument that Naruto's upbringing makes him incapable of accepting and appreciating others' love for him based on being ostracized and ridiculed. But something tells me Kishi didn't think that deeply.

You're correct, not all of the blame is on Naruto, but this thread is why Naruto let SS happen. And also the below is is not directed at you 

But really, if Naruto was a good friend than don't you think he would have at least talked to her. 

Abusive relationships are tricky. People have different viewpoints on them altogether. Some believe that you should leave ppl alone and let them deal with it themselves. Others believe in more drastic intervention by calling the cops and help groups.

I tend to fall in the latter camp, but in Naruto's case. Why the hell didn't he at least talk to her about it?

I mean when it comes to Sakura the best explanation I can come up with her is that she has no idea what love is. Normally I wouldn't believe that bc we saw how her parents loved her in RTN but it's pretty clear that she has no idea what it means to actually be in a relationship.

But she still knew her obsession for Sasuke was wrong and pathetic which means Naruto knew too. So why didn't he ever talk to her about it? Naruto does know what it means to love someone and he understands the boundaries of romance, at least better than Sakura.

I had a friend back in high school who I met during my junior year. She was a freshman who was looking to make friends so she started dating one of my football buddies because she figured that he knew a lot of ppl and she'd get the prestige and everything. Then she found that she really started to care for him after a couple of months and they had sex. But after that he stopped hanging out with her and basically ditched her. 

I found out later that in reality he'd been hounding her for weeks to go all the way saying things like "All high school girls do that" and "If you don't do this with me than I'll dump you and you'll be all alone." She was a wreck for weeks and it took a lot of time for her to bounce back.

You don't know the meaning of Abuse until you see it crush a human being firsthand and it is no pretty sight. Naruto is a horrible person. He should have at least  talked to her about it.

But once it got physical he should have done more

Edited by Shadow1275, 07 February 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#73 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

out of likes but, i agree with you narufan85. i kinda stopped liking sakura during 693/699/700/the last. it's like WHY be close to someone, say you love them, care about them if your just gonna use them, and toss them aside for a guy that has tried to kill you 3 times, and has made it clear he don't love you!?...but, i DO think part of why she gave up was the kage summit...yet chapter 663 says different...idk what to expect from her anymore. it kinda looks like she just felt sorry for naruto or something. thats how bad kishi messed up her character

he turned naruto into a scumbag, sakura into a manipulater, sasuke...still a jerk lol, hinata whent from weird kind, and shy to...well, a sakura wannabe, and a naruto-kun fangirl [wich would have been perfect IF done right.] its like a fanfiction gone all backwards.

its sad everything's retconned. but, i do wonder if kishi may have ended it sloppy on purpose...since SP already baught his work so, he gave up on his fans', and more. now, his work is finished, or is being taken over, or rewritten by the naruto fanbase. i still love NS, and old naruto but, sakura should have listened to her heart. i know its not the characters' fault their creater don't care. NH/SS sound more like fanon than canon. cause in reality narusaku was TRUE love.

#74 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

also if naruto would have just confessed to her back, and mentioned the forehead thing/bench scene while they were talking about the promise, and stuff at the kage summit i'm sure things would have been different...maybe NS would have been end game. but, of course kishi/SP would retcon that to.a manga full of retcons

#75 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:37 AM

out of likes but, i agree with you narufan85. i kinda stopped liking sakura during 693/699/700/the last. it's like WHY be close to someone, say you love them, care about them if your just gonna use them, and toss them aside for a guy that has tried to kill you 3 times, and has made it clear he don't love you!?...but, i DO think part of why she gave up was the kage summit...yet chapter 663 says different...idk what to expect from her anymore. it kinda looks like she just felt sorry for naruto or something. thats how bad kishi messed up her character

he turned naruto into a scumbag, sakura into a manipulater, sasuke...still a jerk lol, hinata whent from weird kind, and shy to...well, a sakura wannabe, and a naruto-kun fangirl [wich would have been perfect IF done right.] its like a fanfiction gone all backwards.

its sad everything's retconned. but, i do wonder if kishi may have ended it sloppy on purpose...since SP already baught his work so, he gave up on his fans', and more. now, his work is finished, or is being taken over, or rewritten by the naruto fanbase. i still love NS, and old naruto but, sakura should have listened to her heart. i know its not the characters' fault their creater don't care. NH/SS sound more like fanon than canon. cause in reality narusaku was TRUE love.

Yeah, if we are talking hypotheticals, Sakura's actions after 693 could all contribute to why Naruto let SS happen. I think it's a bit of a stretch, but it's not impossible that Naruto saw her actions, especially in 698 and 699 and just said: "You know what, it's never gonna happen; nothing I say will have any real impact."

I think that's pretty weak, IMO, but it's one explanation.

#76 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

http://ladydianamahb...how-can-someone

So kittening true. God, I hate this. I don't support this at all.

#77 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

http://ladydianamahb...how-can-someone

So kittening true. God, I hate this. I don't support this at all.

That post was so perfect, so true, and literally shows us why we need immediate change in global society.  

This is why domestic abuse is still glamorized. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#78 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:47 AM

We could lay a fair amount of blame on Naruto but I can't because that was the way he was written. The abusive relationship that was portrayed by Kishi in the terms of SS is what bugged me the most. Sakura sadly reminded me of my aunt who I dearly miss. She was a strong , fiercely independent woman. However when her husband was around she was a shell of that person. It didn't matter what he did to her and it didn't matter what he said, she loved him and nothing I or anyone else could say or do was going to change that. If I hadn't made it to her house in time one night he would've killed her. And as I was giving him the beating he truly deserved all I could from behind me was my aunt crying for him. Begging me not to hurt him because she still loved him. It was thanks to Kishimoto that I was reminded of those bad memories when he made SS canon and why I'll never blame the characters but will forever lay blame on the son of a kitten that had the gall to write such a terrible relationship!!

#79 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

That's the thing about contrived writing, you really can't blame the characters. The author essentially just vetoes their behaviour to fall in line with what he wants, regardless of how inconsistent characterisation may be because of it.

#80 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

All jokes aside, I could honestly see Naruto (not the fake we see in the manga ending, but the real Naruto) letting SasuSaku happen. Thing is, he'd do it because he loves Sakura enough to put her happiness above his own. The real man we saw all those years ago when he made the promise of a life time. That Naruto would let SasuSaku happen without hesitation if it came down it. And if that were how Kishi resolved NaruSaku, I wouldn't like it, but I would respect it as it's at least in character and all the more makes you think that much more highly of Naruto.

But that's not what we got. Rather, what we got was a throwaway linew from Sakura that defies common sense. Really, I'm supposed that it was all about Naruto's demeneted fixation with Sasuke? Absurd.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku, pairings, naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users