• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

GI Mag Nintendo 3DS Leaked?

Could this be the Nintendo 3DS?

By Meagan VanBurkleo
From GI Mag

The more we see of this 3DS concept, the more we doubt it's the real deal. Poor composite and Photoshop work is the primary culprit. Still, while we agree that this handheld would be an ergonomic nightmare, the mock-up is worth checking out for the sake of intrigue.

Pictures of a mysterious new handheld device are beginning to circulate the net and the rumor mill has already begun speculating that it's our first look at Nintendo’s 3DS. We weren’t expecting to see anything about the new handheld till E3, but all three hardware developers have been plagued with leaks prior to the show in years past. We contacted Nintendo for clarification, but they have no official comment on the matter. For now the mystery handheld remains firmly in the rumor category, but the details available can be found below.

According to an obscure Japanese website – Munch Blog – the pictures were taken without permission from the manufacturer and don’t represent a final product – whatever that product may be. The most defining characteristic is that the device boasts only a single large screen – not a dual setup like the current handheld DS iterations. However, Nintendo promised that the 3DS would remain backwards compatible and this is easily possible by splitting the large screen in two.

The device also pivots in a portrait or landscape orientation to reveal a traditional gamepad with a standard button layout and a single analog stick. Speakers are found on the sides of the start/select setup, and the device features two cameras that can rotate 180 degrees, allowing for the promised DSi compatibility.

From an application standpoint, we see the individual demoing the product as a writing tablet and a scanner. He also uses the twin cameras to showcase a 3D pointing function and even some augmented reality mechanics.

Poor translation leaves most details about the mysterious piece of hardware sketchy. Still, if this is a simple mod or prototype by an enthusiastic fan, we’re impressed.

So what do you think? Is this the real deal? Or do you expect an entirely different product come June?

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 April 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#42 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

If it is it's butt ugly.

#43 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 8 2010, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is it's butt ugly.

Give it some time Shauna, it'll grow on ya. I'm almost certain this probably isn't the final product though. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 08 April 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#44 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 8 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it'll grow on ya. I'm almost certain this probably isn't the final product though. happy.gif

Grow? What part? The price?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Nintendo, you've failed me.

#45 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

WTF? Its design sucks.... Hope it's not the final version!!

#46 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

Wow that design sure is ugly, but knowing Nintendo they'll have a better design hopefully.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#47 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

It is a mock up. I thought that was clarified on more or less any self-respecting gamer site all over the internet, but I guess I was wrong. Seriously, just look at how it would be held in dual screen mode, and you'll know that it's a mock up.

1. It would either break your wrists, or serve as a training instrument to make your wrists look BEAST!
2. WHERE'S MY NINTENDO LOGO? Nintendo would have had a logo easily spotted, and I can't see anything on that one.
3. Why does it look like that HD-camera with the screen you can rotate and stuff? It's like the same machine... OMG, ANOTHER NINTENDO LAWSUIT COMING UP????

E3 guys... We'll learn more then.

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Its like the DS has fused with GBA SP and one of those flip-screen phones...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:54 AM

This may come as a potential shocker: 3DS is not the official name! mellow.gif

It also mentions that 3D games will cost more to be made which potentially means, fully 3D compatible games will cost even more to have than the current standard 2D. sleep.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 12 May 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#50 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

When does Nintendo ever keep the code names for the actual launch?
Nintendo Revolution: Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Dolphin: Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Atlantis: Gameboy Advance
Project Reality: N64
Project Nitro: Nintendo DS
Nintendo Oxygen: GBA Micro

...etc etc.

#51 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

Circuit board revealed

It seems the top half will only be 3D while the bottom will be 2D.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 17 May 2010 - 07:55 PM.

#52 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ May 17 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Circuit board revealed

It seems the top half will only be 3D while the bottom will be 2D.

Fail.

Next product, Nintendo. I'm sure you'll get it right.

#53 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 17 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fail.

Next product, Nintendo. I'm sure you'll get it right.

I don't know about that. Next thing you know, the product will become a hit seller.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#54 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 17 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about that. Next thing you know, the product will become a hit seller.

Nintendo could print their logo on dirt and it would sell.

WiiDirt. Accessories with it? WiiShovelWare

I'm not saying it wont sell a gazillion bazillion units, there's enough people lined up for Nintendo's newest product 24/7.

#55 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

What a failure! facepalm.png

#56 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ May 28 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a failure! facepalm.png

Nah, it's a guaranteed success. The post above yours pretty much explains why.

#57 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

I don't understand why the circuit board = failure
I'm actually more than hyped about this project, and I will buy one the second it's released for sure. Anyway, please explain to me why this machine will fail. If you go "NUUUUh, ONLY 3d ON ONE SCREEN", then you fail!

#58 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 29 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why the circuit board = failure
I'm actually more than hyped about this project, and I will buy one the second it's released for sure. Anyway, please explain to me why this machine will fail. If you go "NUUUUh, ONLY 3d ON ONE SCREEN", then you fail!

Also, bear in mind that the circuit board shown is PROTOTYPE HARDWARE. With prototypes, features and specs are subject to change. Nintendo are free to change their mind on what configuration they go with in the final product. There are still so many unknowns about the final 3DS specification!

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Kotaku update!

#60 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Apparently its been confirmed by kotaku now that the console will have an analogue stick
(an actual stick(albeit a tiny one) instead of a nub like the psp). Definitely getting interested now smile.gif
and if the rest of the rumors are right the graphics might be comparable to the wii or atleast the gamecube. Imagine Super Mario Galaxy Portable in 3d @_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users