Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:32 AM

Great more things I have to spend my money on sad.gif

heres the glasses-less 3d explained
3Ds

Edited by Muffins?, 24 March 2010 - 05:56 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#22 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

I wonder if this new tech is going to be reliable though, I've always waited awhile till the bugs get worked out on new tech. That's gonna be awesome if Xbox 720 and PS4 support this new tech. I hope Samsung and Sony come out with it in their TV's in a few years.

I think i'll pass this and see what Microsofts handheld will be like first. happy.gif

#23 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Samsung and Sony come out with it in their TV's in a few years.

In a few years? Those TVs are being marketed now. That's what I was talking about in my post about $300 3D glasses for your thousands of dollars new 3D television.

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a few years? Those TVs are being marketed now. That's what I was talking about in my post about $300 3D glasses for your thousands of dollars new 3D television.

I"m talking about the same tech as the 3DS that doesn't require 3D glasses.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 06:55 AM.

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I"m talking about the same tech as the 3DS that doesn't require 3D glasses.

http://www.reuters.c...922582320100309

If they've already begun seeling 3D tvs *with* the need of glasses, and they are already coming out with the tech to play games on handhelds *without* the glasses, it's still going to be a lot sooner than a few years before the television bigwigs sniff it out, and just transfer that tech to their tv models.

#26 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You noticed that trend too >.>

Now they are starting to sell 3D TVs, like LCD/HD is now suddenly out of style. Now tell me...why the heck would I want to spend $300 dollars on a pair of 3D glasses that goes with my $X-thousand tv dry.gif

Precisely! HDTVs make sense as they offer vastly improved image quality, and you can get some HDTVs for very reasonable prices. 3DTV is just a gimmick and the technology is still in its infancy at present. 3DTV is just being driven by film studios and manufacturers looking to boost ticket sales and sell more TVs. Buy a 3DTV now and you're guaranteed to get eyestrain and an headache to go with your barren bank account. It's better to wait for the technology to mature and become cheaper, if the 3D fad lasts that long.

QUOTE (Vyse @ Mar 24 2010, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I understand, this isn't another DS. It's a legitimate sequel to the machine, instead of just another "upgrade". The 3DS isn't even the name of the machine, but rather the codename of the project, which I find quite fitting if they want to (and they better) keep their dual screens. If they follow the trend they set since day one, the next handheld will be on par with the GameCube in power which is pretty damn awesome.

This is also a great chance for Microsoft to let out some new rumours about the handheld Xbox, but I suppose they'll wait for E3 as well. With Apple making moves on the handheld market with their iPhone/iPod Touch-games the other companies can't afford to lag behind. As usual, I'm more than happy about this, and I'll preorder it as soon as I can. I could wait for the 3DSi XL2 or whatever, but I think I can stick with the original machine once again. BRING IT ON NINTENDO, AND DON'T FORGET MY NEXT HANDHELD ZELDA!

Also, the DS is by far the best gaming platform on the market right now imo, and I think it's a better idea/machine than the gameboys ever were (and I'm not talking specs here). Handheld kings indeed!

Yeah, I agree. smile.gif After some thinking, I can see that the 3DS has huge potential, and not just for 3D. Imagine if you had dual touchscreens; the triple-view screens would allow you to only see your own screen and your opponent's screen would be shielded from you. Imagine playing 2 player Advance Wars 3DS on one 3DS. Or you could simply display a 2D game and adjust the viewing angle to see different scenes. For example, looking straight ahead sees the hero in the present, tilting down sees the same scene in the past, and tilting up sees it in the future. You'd be using time to solve puzzles etc. There are many more possibilities, and I can imagine Miyamoto is extremely excited right now. XD

Nintendo seem to be on a roll with their "disruption" strategy. First there was the DS, then there was the Wii. Now there's the 3DS? Each one shook the market up by introducing innovative features that also had the nice bonus of securing exclusive games (since no rival systems would have the technology), and had rivals desperately trying to catch up.

I told a workmate about this at work, and he was genuinely interested. He isn't much of a gamer, he dabbles, but his eyes lit up at the mention of 3D screens. I can just imagine all those poor parents being badgered by their kids for a Nintendo 3DS this Christmas.

After some consideration, I have to say that, if Nintendo do really deliver on the 3DS and don't cut corners, I would sell my DSi and buy a 3DS without hesistation.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.reuters.c...922582320100309

If they've already begun seeling 3D tvs *with* the need of glasses, and they are already coming out with the tech to play games on handhelds *without* the glasses, it's still going to be a lot sooner than a few years before the television bigwigs sniff it out, and just transfer that tech to their tv models.

There are a couple of problems with that tech at the moment; it's very expensive for larger screens and the viewing range is limited. But, yeah, the problems will be ironed out at some point in the next few years if the 3D drive is still going.

EDIT: The Nintendo 3DS will be playable at E3!

QUOTE (Kotaku)
If you remember the last time Nintendo revealed a new piece of hardware (the Revolution/Wii) it was ages before people got their hands on the thing. The 3DS, on the other hand, will be playable in less than three months.

Nintendo spokesman Ken Toyoda said yesterday that "We wanted to give the gaming industry a head's up about what to expect from Nintendo at E3", in response to questions why the company made such a surprise announcement.

"We'll invite people to play with the new device then".

E3 2010 will be held in Los Angeles between June 15 and June 17, which is less than three months away. We knew we'd be seeing the thing there, but for it to be in a publicly playable state is a surprise. A pleasant surprise.

So we'll be able to find out how it all works at E3, and what it's like to play. Hopefully we'll also see some cool games on there as well. happy.gif

#27 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nintendo has became nothing but a cash cow

Man, you slow.

Nintendo was a cash cow like so ever since the SNES came out.

But whatever, I'm sure in a year or so I'll be able to download it's emulator. And here I was thinking in getting a DS because I need something to carry with me to work. At least the gameboy generation made sure they at least waited 2 years before releasing a new type of gameboy.

Edited by Yakatsu, 24 March 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#28 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Mar 23 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the freck does everything suddenly need to be in 3D?

Curse you, James Cameron.

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 23 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nintendo has became nothing but a cash cow

Every company that's trying to make money...which is all of them...are cash cows. Nintendo isn't the exception.

#30 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every company that's trying to make money...which is all of them...are cash cows. Nintendo isn't the exception.

Does Erza make money? hm.png

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 24 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Erza make money? hm.png

Actually yes. Yes she does ;3

#32 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shauna do you hate me or something? shamefulcry0js.gif (I wasn't talking bad about people who owned a DS or wanted to buy the new one) The only reason why I mentioned that was because like Yaka explained:

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 24 2010, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least the gameboy generation made sure they at least waited 2 years before releasing a new type of gameboy.

#33 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shauna do you hate me or something? shamefulcry0js.gif (I wasn't talking bad about people who owned a DS or wanted to buy the new one) The only reason why I mentioned that was because like Yaka explained:

Yes. I hate you. Despise you. Loooathe you.

No tongue.gif

I haven't been trying to single you out or anything lately, silly. Our posts have just happened to...'bounce' off of each others lately tongue.gif

But yeah, if this is really a new 'jumpstart' for the handheld, and not just an new 'upgraded' version, I'll be a little more interested in checking it out when E3 rolls around happy.gif

#34 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 24 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. I hate you. Despise you. Loooathe you.

No tongue.gif

I haven't been trying to single you out or anything lately, silly. Our posts have just happened to...'bounce' off of each others lately tongue.gif

But yeah, if this is really a new 'jumpstart' for the handheld, and not just an new 'upgraded' version, I'll be a little more interested in checking it out when E3 rolls around happy.gif

I knew it was true! shamefulcry0js.gif biggrin.gif

This will be the new cool Emoticons when H&E goes 3D:

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#35 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 24 2010, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I told a workmate about this at work, and he was genuinely interested. He isn't much of a gamer, he dabbles, but his eyes lit up at the mention of 3D screens. I can just imagine all those poor parents being badgered by their kids for a Nintendo 3DS this Christmas.

I have to admit I myself am very interested in the technological advance as we head towards the new generation of gaming (we're what, in the 4-5th year of the 6th generation gaming cycle?) so the new graphical limits that are being reached is quite marveling. Hell just take a look at Crysis 2 screen-shots as it pushes PC gaming to a new edge. This may very well be a big leap into a new gaming era as we're presented with motion controls, Natal, and now 3D gaming. I remember when the Virtual Boy came out as it tried to implement the current 3D technology, but it seemed the time wasn't right. Now however it does appear that we've reached a technological breakthrough (James Cameron's Avatar was the first big example of this) where 3D gaming will eventually become the presidence for the next generation. The technology doesn't seem as far as away as we may think. I mean ten years ago would I really think I could listen to music, watch videos, play games, and browse the internet all on my cellphone?

What excites me most is the possibility of this leading itself towards Virtual Reality gaming. It seems crazy that shows such as Digimon and Yugioh could actually one day become a realization in which users can not only play in the game environment, but be a part of it as well. Think of what this would do for all those MMO players salivating at the thought of becoming their very own characters in World of Warcraft. I find that Nintendo is making great stride in building new innovation into their future systems that will marvel old and future users, even if they are like Apple and like to beta test their merchandise on their consumers.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 24 2010, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we'll be able to find out how it all works at E3, and what it's like to play. Hopefully we'll also see some cool games on there as well. happy.gif

Oh boy Nintendo at E3? We can expect a lot of this:

#36 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

A lil off-topic on the subject of the 3DS, but a little on topic on the conversation about the concept of 3D tvs:

http://shopping.yaho...ow-about-3d-tv/

#37 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 25 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lil off-topic on the subject of the 3DS, but a little on topic on the conversation about the concept of 3D tvs:

http://shopping.yaho...ow-about-3d-tv/

Thanks for the info Shauna.

Another strong contender:

Phillips 3D Cinema 21:9 LCD-LED TV

#38 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Well... this is interesting... but I most likely gonna wait the tech for AT LEAST 3-4 months from the times its out just so that I know if it truly work as they said it. If it does, I prob gonna buy it, if it doesn't, I won;t. Either way I gonna keep my DSLite, theres too much gamings hours I already spend it in to just throw it away to the garbage

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#39 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

It's kinda of sad when my DS emulator has a 3D screen function. And a real DS doesn't.

Yarrrr, all hail piracy.

#40 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 26 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's kinda of sad when my DS emulator has a 3D screen function. And a real DS doesn't.

Yarrrr, all hail piracy.

Give me now thumbsup.gif
BLACK AND WHITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users