Close
Photo

The Great Heaven & Earth Street Fighter IV Tournament!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
218 replies to this topic

#41 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 9 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is *exactly* the problem. The text is so dang small it's impossible to read what the dang moves are D:

And I haven't decided which two charrys I'm gonna use yet, but when I do you'll be the first to know tongue.gif

Decide now. rawr.gif

I need to start cheering for certain characters.

I certainly hope no one uses Seth. Guy annoys me more than anything right now.

#42 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 9 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Decide now. rawr.gif

I need to start cheering for certain characters.

I certainly hope no one uses Seth. Guy annoys me more than anything right now.

No worries, Seth is banned along with Gouken. happy.gif Besides, choosing a character cannot be rushed! If True hadn't pwned me while we were playing last weekend, I might have still stuck with Chun-Li and got kicked out in the first round. tongue.gif

Take your time, Shauna. biggrin.gif You have more than a week! Here's a GameFAQs guide for Challenge Mode in case you haven't looked yet. happy.gif

http://www.gamefaqs....le/943712/55890

#43 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Smiter, pwned?

Impossible is impossible. biggrin.gif

#44 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

That is until he switched to Cammy and reversed the pwnage. I was left flabbergasted with the amount of ass he was kicking. Damn low canon kicks...

Looks like it will be a toss up between Sakura and Akuma. I lean more towards Sakura since she is overall a good rounded character and can match up well against Cammy (which is my main vendetta >.>). Just see how things play out until its time to fight and get my revenge.

Hope things can work out for you Krazy, would like to definitely see you play!

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 9 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is until he switched to Cammy and reversed the pwnage. I was left flabbergasted with the amount of ass he was kicking. Damn low canon kicks...

Looks like it will be a toss up between Sakura and Akuma. I lean more towards Sakura since she is overall a good rounded character and can match up well against Cammy (which is my main vendetta >.>). Just see how things play out until its time to fight and get my revenge.

Hope things can work out for you Krazy, would like to definitely see you play!

And I got pwned by Sakura when I was playing as Cammy last night. I gotta figure out ways to lower her defense and make sneaky attacks. Smiter, are you available this weekend so you can be my "test" opponent?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 9 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a GameFAQs guide for Challenge Mode in case you haven't looked yet. happy.gif

http://www.gamefaqs....le/943712/55890

Thank you Smitey, I love you! I can actually SEE what the dang moves are supposed to be now :thumbs:

Edit -

Omg, the moves are sooo easy to do now! Thank you again for the move list link! I adore you! th_glomp.gif smooch.gif

#47 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 9 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I got pwned by Sakura when I was playing as Cammy last night. I gotta figure out ways to lower her defense and make sneaky attacks. Smiter, are you available this weekend so you can be my "test" opponent?

Sure, I don't have any plans for this Saturday night at least. happy.gif A tip for sneaky attacks - Cammy is strongest when you use her as a "bait and punish" fighter. Her sheer speed makes her an excellent counter fighter.

For example, if Sakura throws fireballs at you, use an EX Spiral Arrow to drill underneath the fireballs and hit her hard (if you're fast enough to hit her while she still can't block). Or you can close the distance a little bit by using Dive Kick as a way of hopping over the fireballs until you get in kick range. Don't wait until you reach the peak of your jump before doing Dive Kick. If Sakura does her rushing dragon punch while you're using Dive Kick, you can at least trade hits.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 9 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Smitey, I love you! I can actually SEE what the dang moves are supposed to be now :thumbs:

Edit -

Omg, the moves are sooo easy to do now! Thank you again for the move list link! I adore you! th_glomp.gif smooch.gif

No problem, Shauna-chan. th_glomp.gif

#48 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

T_T

I guess I have to cheer you guys on also. Smiter and Derock, represent for the Cammies.

Shauna I know your pain about the too small text. My old gaming TV used to be an old 19 inch Magnavox. I couldn't see anything at all. lol. Then I got a 62inch 1080P HD tv and life's been great. =D

Edited by No WhereMan, 15 March 2009 - 01:56 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#49 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 11 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T_T

I guess I have to cheer you guys on also. Smither and Derock, represent for the Cammies.

Hopefully, it won't turn into a final round between us. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#50 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

What I wanna know, guys, is if we'll be allowed to switch characters during later matches should we advance. I love to mix it up with who I play as, so I wanted to know if that will be part of the rules. Or if we gotta stick our guns with who we choose feom the start of the tourney.

Bryon

#51 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

From what i understand you can't. Most street fighter tournaments have the participants sticking to one character for the entirity of the Tournament.
It sort of makes the fights less random. The players actually need to learn to counter all the other characters with their single character.

heh. i'm getting uber excited now.... thanks to the awesome Smiter-sama i'll be getting my copy within the next week biggrin.gif (maybe even by monday...)

#52 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Mar 12 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what i understand you can't. Most street fighter tournaments have the participants sticking to one character for the entirity of the Tournament.
It sort of makes the fights less random. The players actually need to learn to counter all the other characters with their single character.

heh. i'm getting uber excited now.... thanks to the awesome Smiter-sama i'll be getting my copy within the next week biggrin.gif (maybe even by monday...)

I managed to get that.

And that's great to har, Kr@zY! biggrin.gif

Bryon

#53 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hopefully, everyone that is participating knows what character they will be using because tomorrow I will be deciding on what time we should start on Saturday.

Smiter, did you finish the tournament tree, yet? I'm not sure when we will see the patch (I believe that after the US release, Capcom are starting getting feedback on the Championship edition which we may see Dee Jay and T. Hawk -whom were suppose to be in the game, since there were pre-production models- appear) but it may take time like the DOA4 patch.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Important question, and one that I think we should have all discussed before now, as a number of us are all on different timezones...what time exactly are we planning to have this tournament?

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 16 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Important question, and one that I think we should have all discussed before now, as a number of us are all on different timezones...what time exactly are we planning to have this tournament?

I want to say afternoon-ish (1-2 PM EST) but I realize around Smiter's zone that about 7-8 PM, I think...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#56 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

............. and that timing would be 12:30-1:30 AM for me D=

besides..... i honestly don't know if i'll be able to participate in the tourney. my copy still hasn't arrived T_T

#57 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

I worked on the tournament tree last night, and I've just finished it. happy.gif

As for times, I need to know exactly what time zones everyone uses. I was thinking late afternoon/evening UK time, which would be afternoon EST. Krazy, would that be OK with your time zone?

Since we have 8 participants, that means a total of 8 matches (including 3rd place playoff). Round 1 can be played on Saturday, with the finals on Sunday. smile.gif

#58 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

me vs Shauna ? interesting.....

#59 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

Why am I first? You just like to have me get it over with, don't you? tongue.gif

But how do we work with this format? Since there is no patch yet, we just gonna start the 1st Quarterfinal until the winner/loser declares then move onward to the second Quarterfinal, etc. and also do we all have to either voice or text/game invite on the 360 to make sure everyone is present and ready?

And also another question, how can the others whom are participating watch the match to see who gonna be next? I will be the one in trouble because I don't have wireless in the household and jump back on the regular Internet to see results.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#60 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Sounds like an interesting setup to me. XD I'm kinda nervous I'll be facing True, but I guess I'll see how I do, guys!

Bryon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users