359 replies to this topic

#41 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

So... is this going to be like an original story game that revolves around mecha-Naruto?

There's also that scene in which Team 7 fights a masked Tobi, plus that tournament, so it seems it's not going to follow the manga this time.

They cant follow the manga because Naruto games follow the anime, the anime already rushed too much into Naruto's story for the release of Storm 3, remember that the DLC of Kabuto could only be released on the last episode of their fight.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#42 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know that they can't just keep following the anime from where they left of in Storm 3, that much is obvious. There's not enough material for it.

To make my question clearer, is the game going to follow an original story (involving the mecha-Naruto) or will they simply retell the story from the beginning?

I did hear rumors that this game would cover Part 1 and Part 2, but maybe that was just speculation.

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

There is a new story: basically they're making a Tournament-exclusive storyline, similar to original Ultimate Ninja 3, with all of the characters and Mecha Naruto involved, more like the final boss.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#44 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

More news today,

Gameplay of naruto, sakura, and Sasuke facing mecha naruto. Im still waiting to see if the game allows for 4 players, if it does, that's much better already.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#45 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

More news today,

Gameplay of naruto, sakura, and Sasuke facing mecha naruto. Im still waiting to see if the game allows for 4 players, if it does, that's much better already.

Actually, according to the English trailer, the Tournament is single-payer only. Very stupid idea.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#46 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

So uhh... Team 7 just uses their summons for the heck of it? Odd how that serves no real purpose.

And Tournament is only Single player, uh, wow :/

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#47 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

You know Team Seven's team attack looks very similar...

tumblr_m1d5dw296D1r7l2mwo1_500.gif

Same thing? :P

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#48 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

The tournament doesn't nessessarily rule it out, I mean there can be a 4 player vs mode not involving the orbs, until the game itself is said to not have 4 player, its better to wait unless stated otherwise. Other games have done this several times, I mean in Halo Reach, they had a mode called firefight in which you fight increasing waves of harder enemies, this mode allowed for 4 people, yet there were submodes like defending generators or firefight versus in which it became 2 spartans vs 2 player controlled elites with the rest of the enemies as allies, as cool as this mode was, it didnt allow for more than 4 players total, if it had then it would have been a much greater mode but sadly it didnt.

Aside from that, I am happy to see an original story for once, I mean generally the only naruto games I did get stuck to the main story and those with original stories generally arn't that good. Because UNS3 went to an alternate ending of the kages managing to fight off madara and Obito retreats with the 7 tailed beasts, this one could just be part of that alternate after war scenario in the UNS3 universe, its not canon but like the many marvel universes created over the years, I don't see anything wrong with an alternate timeline in which they successfully averted the ten tails revival, even if its funny to see the edo tensei just mingling in the crowd. Kinda reminds me of that short from an early naruto movie in which many villians and even minato are present around the stadium while naruto tries to find time to go to the restroom.

#49 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

You know Team Seven's team attack looks very similar...

tumblr_m1d5dw296D1r7l2mwo1_500.gif

Same thing? :P

More destructive though, Goku's just explodes, Team 7's destroy's the area...then explodes :P

#50 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

I already see NH fans coming with this scene. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#51 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

You know, after coming fresh from MGR, I want CC2 take note on boss battles. In fact, all companies who still does boss battles. I mean god, I was too into it to the point I was acting like I'm really the guy doing the battle. But yeah, that's all I came here to say.

#52 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

I just saw the team 7 ultimate gifs, shouldn't Sakura already have the seal on her forehead?

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#53 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

CC2 hardly surprises me at this point... but they play to both sides at the end of it all. That whole Secret Lovers thing to me just means they both had feelings for a person who doesn't know their feelings for them (and likely what it means anyway). 

#54 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

I think I will wait to know more and watch game play before getting the game.

#55 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I laughed my ass off when i played Storm 3 and all 4 Sasuke's had similar moveset changing only one or two thing here and there.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#56 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

This game will have Byakugo Sakura right?! :argh: 

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#57 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

This game will have Byakugo Sakura right?! :argh: 

Oh she better be I mean if Hinata gets a game move I will not be happy at all.

#58 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

CC2 hardly surprises me at this point... but they play to both sides at the end of it all. That whole Secret Lovers thing to me just means they both had feelings for a person who doesn't know their feelings for them (and likely what it means anyway). 

As I said, the "Secret Lovers" is a false translation from the american version, in France it's translated as "Secret love", which is more logical. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#59 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

The secret lovers deal started in ultimate ninja storm 2, fans flipped out thinking it meant NH, how could it be so hard to confuse the aspect of the series and in this game, team names were derived some similar associations and traits, like Naruto, Gaara, and Bee were jinchurki? Secret lovers meant naruto loves sakura and hinata loves naruto, but hey with a fandom going all over hinata for the most minor of events, its no suprise, even hinata picking her nose would make the fans say ohh and ahh.

#60 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

The secret lovers deal started in ultimate ninja storm 2, fans flipped out thinking it meant NH, how could it be so hard to confuse the aspect of the series and in this game, team names were derived some similar associations and traits, like Naruto, Gaara, and Bee were jinchurki? Secret lovers meant naruto loves Sakura and hinata loves naruto, but hey with a fandom going all over hinata for the most minor of events, its no suprise, even hinata picking her nose would make the fans say ohh and ahh.

Oh that is true I mean its like if Hinata hit Naruto all her fans will laugh and think that its funny yet with Sakura they would call her names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users