• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Alright people, it's almost time for the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011, more commonly known as E3. The Expo lasts from June 6th through June 9th, and will be absolutely packed with sweaty nerds trying to make their way from one grand unveiling to another while fighting with themselves trying not to perv too much on the deliciously clad "boothbabes". Sounds heavenly, am I right? What kind of insane person wouldn't want to be part of that?

You might remember the E3 convention of 2010, where we got our first real look at the Nintendo 3DS, a new Zelda, a new Xbox 360 (slim), Kinect, Playstation Move... the list goes on. If you're interested in catching up on some of what happened last year, head over to G4's archive from 2010 or just google. Last year was probably one of the best conventions yet, so there's quite a bit of rumours and hype blasting through gaming fora all over the internet as we speak.

G4's E3 2010 Archive

With that said, this year looks like it might be even better. As a Nintendo fan, I'm looking forward to seeing the Project Café in play, along with a couple of titles I look forward to for the Wii. The 3DS is sure to get massive treatment after a disappointing launch with poor launch titles and low sales. Just wait for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS or Metal Gear Solid 3 3DS to launch, and I'm sure we'll see changes. Sony will probably make it big with their next portable machine, and they will probably show some games for the Playstation Move. New Kinect-games? Incredible news about your favourite upcoming titles? It will all be there at the E3 convention 2011, so be sure to get ready for a massive spammage of gamer news next week, and make sure to stream your favourite firm's Press Conferance.

Microsoft
Microsoft's E3 2011 Press Conference should be full of info on Gears of War 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Kinect games galore and possibly the HALO HD remake. Check out the MSFT E3 live stream on June 6, 2011 at 9:30AM PST.

Sony
Sony's E3 2011 Press Conference will showcase Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, new Ratchet and Clank, StarHawk and more details on the NGP Vita portable. Tune in at 5PM PST on June 6 to get the inside scoop!

Nintendo
Nintendo's E3 2011 Press Conference will feature more details on Project Cafe (which is not the Wii2) and a much closer look at Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. We'll be getting you the live stream at 9AM PST on June 7, 2011.

G4TV's E3 2011 Main Hub
Official E3Expo-Website

What are you looking forward to this year? Let's start the discussion now, and keep it going next week. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, and as a gamer, I would kill to be there. I suppose streaming the Press Conferences will have to suffice.

Discuss!

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

Wow that's a lot of great juicy information, and awesome links to events like the conferences. Thanks for putting together this thread happy.gif

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

Also, Sony announced they would be streaming their press conference and asking questions on their blog:
http://blog.us.plays...in-your-way-in/

For those who have PS Home:
http://blog.us.plays...ystation-booth/

#4 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

I'm really looking forward to EA's press conference this year, just because Bioware will release more info on Mass Effect 3. I really can't wait to get my hands on that game.

#5 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

I love you, Vyse. (nohomo)

I'm looking forward to EA, Ubisoft's and Sony's press conference. I don't care about "Project Cafe" or Microsoft (maybe except for Gears of War 3)

#6 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Heard they were releasing Skyward also for the Project Cafe like they did with Twilight Princess for the Wii, which i would definitely get if true. I'm also glad Sony got their Network fixed before E3 to show off more Uncharted 3 and Resistence 3 multiplayer. I'll be keeping an eye on Microsofts camp to see if the rumors are true on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier running on Kinect and of course the Halo HD remake. happy.gif

Hopefully Shinji Mikami shows up to shed more light on RE6 and the RE4 HD remake that's hitting Xbox Live & PSN. Looking forward to seeing Hideo Kojima bringing more Metal Gear Solid : Rising goodness too.

Ken Levine better show me more Bioshock Infinite! rawr.gif

Edited by Dreamer, 07 June 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#7 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Well, if they really are coming out with a remake of Halo CE, I'm definitely not getting it. While it's true I've bought every Halo game to date, why should I buy something that I already have? I mean, come on. If there's not going to be anything going on with the story, no real additions to the gameplay, what's the point? I know that there's probably going to be a lot of people getting it, but I'm also sure that a large number of the Halo fans aren't going to be getting it either.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Metal Gear Solid Rising won't be at E3. Neither will Hideo. They'll show off some new stuff he's worked on, but he won't be there (unless news sites are wrong)

Nintendo has disappointed me 3 years in a row, won't fall for their stuff again.

Edited by Cloud, 04 June 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#9 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jun 4 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if they really are coming out with a remake of Halo CE, I'm definitely not getting it. While it's true I've bought every Halo game to date, why should I buy something that I already have? I mean, come on. If there's not going to be anything going on with the story, no real additions to the gameplay, what's the point? I know that there's probably going to be a lot of people getting it, but I'm also sure that a large number of the Halo fans aren't going to be getting it either.

It'll be nice to see what 343 studios can do though and if they can squeeze some extras in all the more better especially online multiplayer goodness.

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 4 2011, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Metal Gear Solid Rising won't be at E3. Neither will Hideo. They'll show off some new stuff he's worked on, but he won't be there (unless news sites are wrong)

Noooooo! arg.gif

Epic better make this a game rawr.gif :

Anything that has sort of a Blade Runner look is awesome to me. smile.gif

Edited by Dreamer, 04 June 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#10 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm looking forward to so many games. I already have Gears 3, Skyward Sword, and Uncharted 3 preordered. And tbh I'd probably get that Halo CE Remake.

Oh and Here's a FFXIII-2 teaser for your troubles.

Edited by Illmatic, 04 June 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jun 4 2011, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking forward to so many games. I already have Gears 3, Skyward Sword, and Uncharted 3 preordered. And tbh I'd probably get that Halo CE Remake.

Oh and Here's a FFXIII-2 teaser for your troubles.

Damn that trailer has earned the right to be called a teaser trailer I want XIII2 now! rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 4 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nintendo has disappointed me 3 years in a row, won't fall for their stuff again.

In my honest opinion, Nintendo more or less owned E3 in 2010. There was no other press conference that could even reach up to Reggie's overpaid knees, but then again... that's just me (and a plethora of gaming websites). The big problem for me this year is that I've been reading up on a lot of the Internet hype on IGN, and I have to realize that there's just no way for Nintendo (or any other company... ever) to do something that grand. One of my favorite threads on IGN thus far is the rumor about Nintendo's Project Café being set up for 4D gaming out of the box. I keep asking myself if they mean 4D like the movies (where the fourth dimension is just physical effects like water spraying in your face, or the air condition blowing a cold gust in your face), or if they actually believe that gaming can reach that height. If a bossfight (x) happens in the past, it's equally as real as the bossfight you're playing right now, or the fight you'll play two days from now... all at the same time, because Nintendo now has control over time and space. Hah, humbug. Let's perfect the 3D technology first, before we start on VR in some 15 years or so.

I've been watching Mass Effect 3 and Batman: Arkham City trailers now, so I'm so hyped. I can't wait to learn more.

Oh, and Borderlands 2 anyone?

#13 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

Xbox Live Diamond

looks like It'll have IPTV service to Xbox Live users and more features that'll be covered at Microsofts press conference.

Edited by Dreamer, 04 June 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#14 Amrikandesi93

Amrikandesi93

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />NS!<br />Manga<br />Videogames<br />

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone know if they will be announcing anything about Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

#15 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Mostly excited about the NGP. Shaping up to have some great launch titles. Would like to see Nintendo offer more titles for the 3DS. I thought it would never happen, but after playing Ocarina of time so many times, I don't care to do it again. The only series I care for anymore are Zelda, and Super Smash Bros. I never cared for kirby, donkey kong and the rest of the bunch.

And most likely, Microsoft is going to pimp the kitten out of Kinect. They need give me a better reason to consider buying it.

On the games themselves, Uncharted 3 is at the top of my list. Ive enjoyed the series so much, depending on how good 3 is, it may become my favorite all time. Love everything from the single player(especially in a time where less and less people care about the single player experience), the co-op and multiplayer.

Want to see whats new with Gears as well. Even more details about Batman Arkham City, and it'd be really kittening neato to see anything about FFVs13. Im not happy at all that XIII-2 has a good chance of coming out before that.
\

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Amrikandesi93 @ Jun 4 2011, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if they will be announcing anything about Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

Yep. You can expect more info from Bethesda at E3.

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

Ugh... I only have enough for 1 game. But so many.... Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Arkham City.... I'm lucky that a friend of mine's getting me Resistance 3. Maybe I should buy Infamous 2, for that U3 early beta access.... And I thought the year that GOW 3, U2, and so many other games that year was the best gaming year, but this year and early next year will top it.

Also, Insomniac's revealing their new multi-platform on EA's press conference. I'm glad 360 and Nintendo players can finally experience Insomniac's amazing games. 'Course, this will entirely be a new universe apart from Resistance and Ratchet And Clank....
https://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/s...147907094102016

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 05 June 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

Good thing I work then. I have enough bank for UC3, inFamous 2, Arkham City and a few others.

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 4 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and Borderlands 2 anyone?

God, I want this *.*

Was just going through my second playthrough with my friend tonight. But I heard that Gearbox has been vehemently denying a Borderlands 2 though.

#20 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 5 2011, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God, I want this *.*

Was just going through my second playthrough with my friend tonight. But I heard that Gearbox has been vehemently denying a Borderlands 2 though.

I watched an interview with Randy Pitchford (current CEO of Gearbox) who was very shifty when he talked about this. He said that they love Borderlands in Gearbox, and that they want to continue supporting the franchise with more content. Since there's limited amount of DLC left for Borderlands 1, I think there's a good chance for a sequel down the road. It did spawn a pretty loyal fanbase after all, and as far as I know, it's also the only game used for a marriage proposal.

The Claptrap proposal
Her reaction

And their website says they have TWO mystery titles in progress, and I do so hope one of them is Borderlands 2.

Gearbox website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users