• Please log in to reply
10121 replies to this topic

#1 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Tokyo_Ghoul_Visual_2.jpg

So I tried searching for a Tokyo Ghoul thread but I couldn't find one, so I decided to make one.

Tokyo Ghoul is a relatively new anime, only 12 episodes so far of which the last for Season 1 was released yesterday 18/09/2014, it seems there will be a Season 2 starting January 2015 but Season 1 in itself is animated really well and is a great watch so I recommend watching it for those who have not yet seen it! 

Here's a synopsis that I have taken from MAL for the anime:

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

Here is a video of the opening in HD.

10wnpqp.jpg

#2 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

I only saw the first episode last sunday but I stopped watching it cause I was on tumblr and some people were freaking out and sad about episode 11 ahaha, so it's good? why were they so upset over episode 11? I'm afraid if I reach episode 11 I'll be disappointed lol

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#3 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:48 PM

This show... is freaky. And really intriguing  :P I think I watched like 6 episodes.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#4 *- ZerΩ -*

*- ZerΩ -*

D E J A V U

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:Sports-> Football,Basketball
    Video Games,The Mentalist,Supernatural..etc

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

The anime wasnt THAT good.. i have seen all episodes and also read the manga to understand what happened in the episodes because they were

censored..

The Manga is the real badass thing..you can see everything, not censored :)

tumblr_n09oo96JLS1sqdj5ko1_500.jpg

#5 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

NO ONE SPEAK OF THE MANGA.

JA2DBzd.png

#6 Arima Kishou

Arima Kishou

Sasaki's father

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Psychology, History, drawing, music and japanese language and culture.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

The anime is cut. Not only cut the violent scenes, but also some signicant scenes. It's better to read manga.

#7 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hmm I watched the anime before reading the manga, well I didn't read the chapters that were covered in the anime aside from episode 12. I would say the manga is more graphic/violent and it's very good but at the same time I think the anime has done a good job. It has great animation and pacing is pretty good except maybe episode 11 and 12 which could have been better. Overall I would say watch the anime and read the manga too.

10wnpqp.jpg

#8 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Was following the Manga, easily one of my favorites except for the end...

But I don't want to spoil it.

#9 Arima Kishou

Arima Kishou

Sasaki's father

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Psychology, History, drawing, music and japanese language and culture.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

So far, I have not accepted the final.

But anyway, it's among my favorite mangas.

#10 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

It seems that the anime franchise is well received since they decided to make a season 2. It would be aired in January 2015. Have to buy the dvd edition for the uncensored version.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

AHK: Yeah it was really sad. I did like how she said that it made her happy seeing him :wub: I also laughed when she said that he could go to hell, "stupid Kanecki" XD. But yeah, you could definitely tell the reasons why he said no. What gave away why he said no was how he cut her off before she could finish. I thought it was a touching moment.
Ayato got wrecked during that fight XD it was great! I guess it depends on if the Kakuhou is damaged, can it be regenerated via the ghouls natural healing ability. I'm not sure if he even damaged the Kakuhou though, he might have just eaten the Kagane, and was preparing to destroy her Kakuhou and kill her, and then Kanecki showed up.

I was wondering about that wedding ring... Is it a hint or something about any future romantic implications?

She really acts like a Tsundere sometimes when it comes to Kaneki XD But if you think about it, I think only a year or so has passed since they've known each other... Shows how important she became to him in such a short amount of time. Next to Touka, only Hide has the same amount of importance to Kaneki (guess what, KaneHide shippers are out there, too).

If I'm not mistaken, a few months should have passed since Ch. 79 or so... Touka is what now? 17, 18? She's probably prepairing herself to apply for college (which is the same college Kaneki is attending).

Oh, the anime did have some great moments- it wasn't only a failure. The music was great (I'm addicted to the opening.) I loved Kaneki's voice actor. And Tsukiyama and Susuya really did shine in the anime. I laughed so hard at these moments:

Btw, abut Touka's mom. Pay attention to her haircut and try to remember it... Some people made an interesting theory about Touka's mom. I don't think you got to that part about Yomo yet, so I can't tell you about it.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#12 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

I was wondering about that wedding ring... Is it a hint or something about any future romantic implications?
She really acts like a Tsundere sometimes when it comes to Kaneki XD But if you think about it, I think only a year or so has passed since they've known each other... Shows how important she became to him in such a short amount of time. Next to Touka, only Hide has the same amount of importance to Kaneki (guess what, KaneHide shippers are out there, too).
If I'm not mistaken, a few months should have passed since Ch. 79 or so... Touka is what now? 17, 18? She's probably prepairing herself to apply for college (which is the same college Kaneki is attending).
Oh, the anime did have some great moments- it wasn't only a failure. The music was great (I'm addicted to the opening.) I loved Kaneki's voice actor. And Tsukiyama and Susuya really did shine in the anime. I laughed so hard at these moments:

Btw, abut Touka's mom. Pay attention to her haircut and try to remember it... Some people made an interesting theory about Touka's mom. I don't think you got to that part about Yomo yet, so I can't tell you about it.

I wonder what it meant too, maybe it will have some significance. I hope so! I wonder what was said inside the ring...

Yeah, I really like how she acts with him. She is definitely a tsundere. The chapter where I'm at has Touka preparing for the exams, so for her, they're right around the corner.

Lol Tsukiyama is weird as hell XD I remember that motorcycle scene in the manga, I lol'd too.

I don't think I've seen Touka's mom yet, I don't remember her in the flashback she had. Maybe you're right and I'm not at that part yet.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

I wonder what it meant too, maybe it will have some significance. I hope so! I wonder what was said inside the ring...

Yeah, I really like how she acts with him. She is definitely a tsundere. The chapter where I'm at has Touka preparing for the exams, so for her, they're right around the corner.

Lol Tsukiyama is weird as hell XD I remember that motorcycle scene in the manga, I lol'd too.

I don't think I've seen Touka's mom yet, I don't remember her in the flashback she had. Maybe you're right and I'm not at that part yet.

Oh, that wedding ring simply had her parents' names written inside it: Arata (her father) and Hikari (her mother).

Her mom showed up in Ch.71 in one of Touka's flashbacks:

Touka's parents

TsukiyamaXD I'm still laughing at that one page in Ch.79 in which he said:" Kaneki in badass mode." It's like he's reading our minds :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Touka is wants to study Biology to understand her species better- she's admirable. Tbh, I don't like her longer hair...  I always loved her short hair cut. It suits her better.

How much do you know about :RE so far?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#14 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Oh, that wedding ring simply had her parents' names written inside it: Arata (her father) and Hikari (her mother).
Her mom showed up in Ch.71 in one of Touka's flashbacks:

Touka's parents

TsukiyamaXD I'm still laughing at that one page in Ch.79 in which he said:" Kaneki in badass mode." It's like he's reading our minds :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Touka is wants to study Biology to understand her species better- she's admirable. Tbh, I don't like her longer hair...  I always loved her short hair cut. It suits her better.
How much do you know about :RE so far?

What about Yomo's past was I supposed to be paying attention to, and what are the theories you're talking about?
Speaking of theories

I find Tsukiyama to be hilarious! I agree, Touka wanting to study bio was admirable. I liked her with either haircut, it didn't matter to me lol.

I know nothing about RE, I just started it. I'm on the second chapter now.
What I know, don't read if you don't want to get spoiled

That's all I know XD

EXL5X4B.png

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

What about Yomo's past was I supposed to be paying attention to, and what are the theories you're talking about?

Speaking of theories

I find Tsukiyama to be hilarious! I agree, Touka wanting to study bio was admirable. I liked her with either haircut, it didn't matter to me lol.

I know nothing about RE, I just started it. I'm on the second chapter now.
What I know, don't read if you don't want to get spoiled

That's all I know XD

Hey,

first of all, about the thread: That would be pretty good if we did a separate chapter discussion thread! I don't really know how to do that, so I hope you know how to create a thread :sweat: . Otherwise we have to ask the mods. But for now, I think this thread is sufficient enough. If more people join in (which I really hope for), I think we need to start a new thread. But for now, you could just follow this thread. Scroll up, and click on the follow button (I'm the only one following this thread now, lol). What I usually do then, is to click on my username up there> go to follow> and go to all the threads that I follow, but haven't checked yet (they have a black star or dot next to it if the thread has been updated).

Tokyo Ghoul:Re spoilers are usually released on Sunday. So I assume the chapters come out on Monday or Tuesday. Sometimes the translators (Imperial Scans) are late though... This is the website of the translators: http://imperialscans.com/

These are the spoilers for Ch.11 (click if you don't care about spoilers): http://tgre-news.tum...-spoiler-images

Theory about Yomo

Touka... She's the definition of beauty now in :RE! I hope that something will happen b/w Sasaki and her :chuckle: But this is not a shoujo manga, so we should keep our expectations to a limit. I'm pretty sure she's in Kamii University now, and studying science. The fact that she held onto the belief that Kaneki will return just shows how much faith she has in him. She even openend a cafe and named it ":RE."

RE

Edited by trang95, 22 December 2014 - 04:12 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

I just read up to chapter 71 and the ending was just wow..... I'll be calling it there for now,  and continue reading it later tonight, but damn Kaneki

you my friend I feel bad for, and also that total shift in character just amazing. I'm sure you guys know what I'm refering to when it comes to the ending of chapter 71. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 22 December 2014 - 05:07 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

I just read up to chapter 71 and the ending was just wow..... I'll be calling it there for now,  and continue reading it later tonight, but damn Kaneki

you my friend I feel bad for, and also that total shift in character just amazing. I'm sure you guys know what I'm refering to when it comes to the ending of chapter 71. 

You're catching up really quick ^_^ I'm on Ch. 96 right now (I really wanna catch up by today).

Ah, Ch.71, one of the best and most exciting chapters ever in my opinion. Yup, Kaneki has changed, and after all the torture he has gone through that is to be expected. But the anime will never animate this scene most likely T_T (ugh, Studio Pierrot :hm: )

Just remember that the manga will officially end on Ch.143, but continues on with Tokyo Ghoul:RE- you have to read the continuation!

I think Tokyo Ghoul is the first Seinen manga I've ever read, before that I've never read anything in this category. Even Attack on Titan doesn't fit into this category I believe (our characters in here are about three yrs younger).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hey,

first of all, about the thread: That would be pretty good if we did a separate chapter discussion thread! I don't really know how to do that, so I hope you know how to create a thread :sweat: . Otherwise we have to ask the mods. But for now, I think this thread is sufficient enough. If more people join in (which I really hope for), I think we need to start a new thread. But for now, you could just follow this thread. Scroll up, and click on the follow button (I'm the only one following this thread now, lol). What I usually do then, is to click on my username up there> go to follow> and go to all the threads that I follow, but haven't checked yet (they have a black star or dot next to it if the thread has been updated).

Tokyo Ghoul:Re spoilers are usually released on Sunday. So I assume the chapters come out on Monday or Tuesday. Sometimes the translators (Imperial Scans) are late though... This is the website of the translators: http://imperialscans.com/

These are the spoilers for Ch.11 (click if you don't care about spoilers): http://tgre-news.tum...-spoiler-images

Theory about Yomo

Touka... She's the definition of beauty now in :RE! I hope that something will happen b/w Sasaki and her :chuckle: But this is not a shoujo manga, so we should keep our expectations to a limit. I'm pretty sure she's in Kamii University now, and studying science. The fact that she held onto the belief that Kaneki will return just shows how much faith she has in him. She even openend a cafe and named it ":RE."

RE

Ah! I totally forgot that we had a follow option! Thanks! I really hope that more people join this thread U_U Thankfully this is a weekly manga, I don't think I would have been able to bear the wait for a monthly manga XD oh god, not the link or the spoilers, im never gonna be able to resist now :lmao:

theories

Touka is beautiful for sure. Although, I kinda liked her more with black hair, I thought it gave her this mystique that I really found cool. I don't mind either way though. I hope something happens between her and Sasaki as well, I thought the scene where he cried from drinking her coffee was really sweet.  

RE

Yeah, I feel you, that chapter was epic. The next few are really intense.

EXL5X4B.png

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've only read the synopsis, but it kinda reminds me of Bleach?

ナルサク

#20 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

I've only read the synopsis, but it kinda reminds me of Bleach?

Nah, it's nothing like bleach.

EXL5X4B.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users