249 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

Admittedly I like star wars and hearing that the new teaser will get released this week makes me curious about how the trailer will work.

Edited by rikakim94, 25 November 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hopefully the movies will be better than the prequels.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

That subtitle. How is it not for The Last?!

#4 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

I hope it has a good story telling to i wonder how great the graphics became. 

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:53 PM

Saw this on Twitter today-

B3erWK7IcAE7AbA.jpg

XD

Can't wait!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Get your lightsabers ready everyone! It's go time!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#7 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

I've never watched Star Wars what is it about? (I'd rather read a short summary than wikipedia).

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#8 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

I wonder if it's going to follow the EU storyline.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 28 November 2014 - 05:08 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#9 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Ah, yeah, because it was so bad with its dodgy effects, incestuous undertones, Ewoks, hokey acting and lack of central plot-narrative direciton.

Oh, wait, no, that's the Originals. Face it, if you examine both trilogies they're both pretty bad critically speaking. However, both are great movies if you just sit back, stop being a stubborn fanboy, and just enjoy the damn show. No one invited you to start throwing a tantrum at the movie-theatre over the efforts of some of the best art-directors, CGI artists, practical artists, actors, and a director that has brought not one but two great franchises to two separate decades of children and adults alike. Saying the Prequels are bad is saying the Originals are bad, and trying to defend them against one another is just being a stubborn fanboy.

Now watch as I be a stubborn fanboy myself (hypocritically): the Broadsword looks stupid, the black stormtrooper character will serve no other role than "I Am Black That Is My Character Development", the football-droid is going to be a toy and try to replace R2-D2, we'll get no scenes with the Original cast and replace them with characters on the level of Salad and Burrito (instead of the cool EU characters), the Broadsword looks incredibly kittening stupid.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 28 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#10 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

I wonder if it's going to follow the EU storyline.

It isn't. Disney has declared that all the EU-materials are officially "Legends" and therefore non-canon. Instead, we get Leia's "daughter" running around like Sarada, being a Mary Stu or whateverthekitten with Uninteresting John Boyega Character #1.

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

Ah, yeah, because it was so bad with its dodgy effects, incestuous undertones, Ewoks, hokey acting and lack of central plot-narrative direciton.

Oh, wait, no, that's the Originals. Face it, if you examine both trilogies they're both pretty bad critically speaking. However, both are great movies if you just sit back, stop being a stubborn fanboy, and just enjoy the damn show. No one invited you to start throwing a tantrum at the movie-theatre over the efforts of some of the best art-directors, CGI artists, practical artists, actors, and a director that has brought not one but two great franchises to two separate decades of children and adults alike. Saying the Prequels are bad is saying the Originals are bad, and trying to defend them against one another is just being a stubborn fanboy.

Now watch as I be a stubborn fanboy myself (hypocritically): the Broadsword looks stupid, the black stormtrooper character will serve no other role than "I Am Black That Is My Character Development", the football-droid is going to be a toy and try to replace R2-D2, we'll get no scenes with the Original cast and replace them with characters on the level of Salad and Burrito (instead of the cool EU characters), the Broadsword looks incredibly kittening stupid, and holy crap BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH?!
STOP GIVING HIM ROLES HE ISN'T THAT GOOD OF AN ACTOR. He's probably decent, but not "Be In Every Movie Ever" decent.

Um, I'm not sure Cumberbatch is in the movie, at least I can't see him on the cast list or in the trailer. If you're talking about the voice over, I'm pretty sure that was done by Andy Serkis.

One actor I'm happy to see is Oscar Isaac. He knocked it out of the park in Inside Llewyn Davis

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

It isn't. Disney has declared that all the EU-materials are officially "Legends" and therefore non-canon. Instead, we get Leia's "daughter" running around like Sarada, being a Mary Stu or whateverthekitten with Uninteresting John Boyega Character #1.

Darn. I liked those, too. Not like I read all of them (because holy moly there was a lot), but I do own some of the books and I used to check them out of the library all the time.

I guess it's only fair to give the movie a chance, but I was already kind of attached to the EU.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 28 November 2014 - 07:44 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#13 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Darn. I liked those, too. Not like I read all of them (because holy moly there was a lot), but I do own some of the books and I used to check them out of the library all the time.

I guess it's only fair to give the movie a chance, but I was already kind of attached to the EU.

The EU is epic despite its flaws; Outbound Flight, the Chiss, the Yuuzhan Vong, et cetera. This looks like child's play by comparison.

@Lid: You're right. I just got had/trolled :C gonna delete my rant-portion

#14 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

I was one of those folks who were really wishing hard for them to just use the damn Zahn trilogy for the last 3 movies, because  it's pretty damn good.

But no Jaina, Jacen, or Anakin Solo?  I'm already a little disappointed.  Those kids were great at getting into trouble.  No Mara Jade?  But she was fabulous!  :confused:

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#15 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

I was one of those folks who were really wishing hard for them to just use the damn Zahn trilogy for the last 3 movies, because  it's pretty damn good.

But no Jaina, Jacen, or Anakin Solo?  I'm already a little disappointed.  Those kids were great at getting into trouble.  No Mara Jade?  But she was fabulous!  :confused:

Nope; now we get Some Guy and his faithful side-kick That Girl On The Speeder and Football Droid.

STAR-SPANNING SAGA 10/10 WOULD PATRICK STEWART

#16 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

The EU is epic despite its flaws; Outbound Flight, the Chiss, the Yuuzhan Vong, et cetera. This looks like child's play by comparison.

@Lid: You're right. I just got had/trolled :C gonna delete my rant-portion

Eh...I liked some of the stories. But compared to what came before the movie saga, I think a lot of the stories were overall really, really bad. Admittedly, this trailer has me concerned with what worse Disney could do. 

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#17 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Great way to end the trailer! I was hoping for maybe a slow reveal shot of Luke after the Sith claymore shot, but the Millennium falcon was also a great way to end it. 

Cumberbatch or Serkis perhaps a clone of Sidious? I believe they currently have secret roles.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#18 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Get your lightsabers ready everyone! It's go time!

Wow nice graphic update! The directing for this movie looks very different from the prequels and sequels since George lucas is not directing.

#19 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Wow nice graphic update! The directing for this movie looks very different from the prequels and sequels since George lucas is not directing.

Out of the original trilogy, George Lucas only directed A New Hope.  Irvin Kershner directed The Empire Strikes Back, and Richard Marquand directed Return of the Jedi.  :happy:  Lucas did direct all three of the "prequel" films.

I love the new trailer, and I'm hoping that the new film will be great!  But, a whole year is a long time to wait...  :arg:

#20 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

JOHN BOYEGA MY BOY MOSES FROM ATTACK THE BLOCK.  BELIEVE FAM.

I'm glad he is one of the leads, kid can act.

\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users