89 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

I skip episode 15 because it was finishing the clone's arc and if you can't guess what happens in it. You haven't watch many anime or show in general.

Episode 16:  Crisis: The Threat of Failing. This is a Train boy episode. This arc focusing on Salad right or is that the next one? Oh right this should have the ending someone was complaining about.

So the episode starts with Train Boy trying to run up a wall. so something Naruto learn in a genin is being taught to academy students now. One could argue that this shows the improving education showing that kids are learn earlier then their parents, like how some parent weren't taught calculus until college while their kids learn it in highschool. But I am more inclined to believe that it is simply because these people writing this don't really know what would be taught at the academy so they are just picking what naruto was taught and making it a lesson in their filler for the academy like they did with the summoning jutsu last arc (don't worry next arc they will probably be learning their element next). Also ot making the lessons more "actiony" and therefor interesting. He of course fail so he friends come up to talk to him and Bolt explains what Chakra is. Wait. Why is he doing the wall walking without knowing what chakra is? Shouldn't that have been one of the first things they taught instead of showing wall walking and summonings? So I was right. *disinterested cheering* Oh the clone still around, *disinterested cheering.* Oh great, fat filler tries being the comic relief again by saying she is stylish and then getting offended when train boy say she isn't. Also of course Bolt has to show how easily he is able to wall walk. Train boy still doesn't get it. Why did the academy start off with this instead of explaining what Chakra is first? Was it just to show off how better Bolt is compared to his father? ...Can train boy never do that whining screeching thing again it actual hurt my ears. Train boy says he doesn't want to repeat a year like the repeater, which he hears. Shino then starts talking about...Good God all those background kids are ugly. The background kids start mocking trainboy, which Bolt probably defend him. Wow instead he just laughs with them at his friend.

Opening

Train boy tries to climb again. Fails. Then is caught by LeeTen. Is Train boy family crest a cable plug? Leeten then helps the train boy train. He falls again and this time Lee saves him...why does he look so much like Might Guy now? You can guess what happens.

We then skip over to the repeater asking Bolt to explain to him mathematics again which isn't sinking in. ...So this episode going to end with Train Boy and Repeater helping each other to passed the class right? They point out that Train Boy would be the best teacher for him but because of that comment that put then in an awkward situation. Do those cups have that Naruto soda brand on them?

Back to Lee he gives train boy a green jumpsuit after giving him some advice.

Then repeater see trainboy training and gives him some advice that actually works. Is the repeater's clan symbol a comb? The repeater willing helps out because he understands what it like to lose all your friends because you being held back due to failing a class. Then Train boy offers to help out him in math. He at first rejects his offer. then train boy start going of how great Bolt is, his impassioned speech conveniences the repeater. His way of helping the repeater study is having him hanging upside down using his chakra while studying...since that apparently he better at concentrating when he using his chakra...ok. What I got from the same scene was that the body was a kinetic learner who learn by doing something instead of reading about it, but I"m guessing the writer of this episode doesn't know what that is. OH GOD THAT FACE! They continue to train like this. Bolt gives them a really spicy burger. yada yada.

Oh a fire breaks out. So because this fire breaks out they have a moral dilemma of helping with the fire or their test. You know if this is something two kids have to get involved in maybe Naruto should have set up some sort of fire department. Oh there is a fire department. Oh wait they have to go in now because some woman kids are in the building. This feels like filler to fill out the episode since the episode's plot is all but done not even half way into the episode. So the repeater saves the children. But he takes to long so train boy decides he need to go in and help him...and he decides to wear that green jumpsuit. Oh right it is fire resistant. But by the time he get there the repeater has already fix the sprinkler system.

Because of the fire they fail to make it to the test on time. Shino decides to pass them because of their actions but he kittens around with them first.

Ok the new ending. Ah I see what that person meant.

Episode 17: Run, Sarada! So this is the start of the salad arc.

And now they are doing the standing on water. So same reason as last episode. It's a training Naruto did so they are using it again because the audaince should recognize it as ninja training. Has Shino bothered to explain chakra to the class by this point? Oh there we go, though only about chakra control. Shino makes waves on the water that make all of them fall on their ass on top of the water. Salad complains about how expensive vegetable are while walking home, and see Bolt and his friends jump off a train. They are going to teach Train boy to fish. She act haughty to him. Wow Sakura looks bad. Salad had to make dinner. Sakura thinks they should add tamato to their soup. That is obviously trying to show that she likes adding tomatoes to her food since they are Sasuke's favorite food -hinting at SS bond is clear-.

Opening

So Sakura and Ino are going on some trip. Sakura is n't happy about leaving Salad alone. Sakura asks if she could get Salad anything. Salad looks at an Uchiha clan symbol on the wall and says, "A dad...might be nice." So someone forgot to pick up a package which was a stuff toy of one of Sakura patients its arm was torn so Sakura took it home to fix it up. Well good thing this never happened in Naruto or else the nH fans would have accused her of ripping the arm off herself. she promised to return it today, salad obviously volunteers to take it to the patient and will probably see said patient acting with a father which will bring up her own daddy issues. I was right. Also that's a rabbit not a bear.

While waiting on the train she reads a note from her mother. While reflecting on it she almost misses her stop, and forgets the rabbit. She decides to try running across the rooftops in order to beat the train to the next stop. She stop because she believes by running atop the roof tops would make her no different from Bolt. Shizune see Salad....she has not aged in fact she looks even younger, isn't she at least in her forties now? She does not have the seal on her head, so no, she is not using that. 

Salad runs to the train station but an old lady is in front of her so she helps her get to the train to speed thing along, and of course she misses the train. She decides to chase after the train and had to ride on top of the train once she caught up to it, which was the same thing she was grilling bolt about doing. While bolt and his friends are in the train. she after riding on top of the train realizes that bolt was right about how good it felt. Then Shika spots her. He then tells his friends about,and Blond Sai Bolt and him decided to see if they can confirm it because then they can hold it over her head for years. So Salad had to flee after checking that the bunny was still there. Then the fat filler spotted her. God she looks like Ino and Choji daughter. She takes Salad to the main train station's lost and found center. Turns out that their were two of the exact same packages on the same train...somehow.

So the fat filler takes the package to a bazaar in the village her mother goes to sometimes, and get a woman there to look at the doll to figure out who would have it in exchange for some rare potato chips. The doll is part of some event from the hidden waterfall village and represents someone ancestor. The event which conveniently just happens to be today. Oh it like those Japanese lantern events.

Skip to where Sakura and Ino are at some bench face a cliff on the sea where some SS moment happened, their first date. Even if no one likes SS that works on either the anime or the manga. The anime still has to have moments like this because they need to appease the larger of the two fanbases left in Japan. Also Salad, who may ended up the love interest if they can't sell the clone, who is suppose to come from this loving but distant relationship. Oh Sasuke doesn't even contact her. The date lasted 2 1/2 minutes. She even acknowledges that Sasuke probably forgotten. ...This is trying to rewrite chapter 3 isn't it? That explains why they are having a SS scene, they want to write over a NS scene.

Salad catches up to the event but not before the package is already sent sailing, so she has to use the water walking she learned at the start to grab the package. And Bolt and his friends have come by in order to fish. Train boy is going to catch Salad isn't he. They finally give the bunny to the girl. And Sakura comes home in time for Salad to make dinner with Tomatoes in the soup.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 July 2017 - 04:06 AM.

#2 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

LOL fat filler and train boy :lmao: :lmao:  easier said than their name.

Also sasuke tomato ?? what kind of B.S is that , i don't remember that ever mention in the manga.

When i heard tomato instantly the one thing that came into my mind is Kushina ... but F*** ... why sasuke??

Everything so different now it's like you leave your hometown for so long and when you return everything has changed , you don't know if it is your home town.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

LOL fat filler and train boy :lmao: :lmao:  easier said than their name.

Also sasuke tomato ?? what kind of B.S is that , i don't remember that ever mention in the manga.

When i heard tomato instantly the one thing that came into my mind is Kushina ... but F*** ... why sasuke??

Everything so different now it's like you leave your hometown for so long and when you return everything has changed , you don't know if it is your home town.

It was mentioned only in the databooks. It was never shown in the manga and I'm pretty sure never in the anime. So that was just a nod for the fans that knew that detail to hint at SS and imagine why Sakura wanted something so strange as tomato in miso soup. IE she must have gotten use to putting tomatos in all her food when she was with Sasuke.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 July 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#4 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

A date that lasted a 2 and half minutes. That's not even a date. It's like this couple is cursed to have negativity.

#5 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

To be honest for most of the SS moments in Boruto, I don't know whether to take them as positives or negatives for the couple. I was on Tumblr and some SS fans were getting pissed about how cannon is turning out for the couple. It's a small sample size but still. Mind others still take everything as good, while some of us take everything as bad, but I am thoroughly confused.

I try to look at it from both sides, but I honestly don't know

Edited by Charger76, 26 July 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#6 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

Actually now that I think about it there really haven't been too many NH or SS moments in the manga or anime tbh. It's approaching gaiden so more so SS for the anime, but NH hasn't gotten anything really

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

It's good that your are trying to look at ift from both sides but to be honest SS is NOT A GOOD COUPLE. There's no two ways about it,  it is sexist and shallow, with the sole reason for it happening at all being based on a one-sided physical attraction, that endured even though it was emotionally abusive and filled with a few murder attempts

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

It's good that your are trying to look at ift from both sides but to be honest SS is NOT A GOOD COUPLE. There's no two ways about it,  it is sexist and shallow, with the sole reason for it happening at all being based on a one-sided physical attraction, that endured even though it was emotionally abusive and filled with a few murder attempts

Oh yeah my comment about both sides was so I have a better understanding of interpreting scenes and not being too biased to think one thing or another for the future parts. I very much dislike SS and think it is a bad pairing, no doubt. Part of it because NS didn't happen and I just want to see sakura with naruto and I hate that she wears the crest now, but also because it is poor in general. There is very little positive anything for this couple throughout any part. I hate that a physical attraction developed into love with little base/positivity/reason and somehow she isn't allowed to be able to "move on" to someone that cared for her deeply and made her a better person and smile.

Hope that clears it up

#9 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

Well my good friend over on fanfiction has said that this is not Sakura just a clone that was made when Naruto was fighting Kaguya and Sakura was left in one of Kaguya dimensions by Sasuke, he did say Obito passed out and Sakura was very weak trying to save his ass.

True he knows that it makes no sense but remember Naruto throw its logic out after the Pain arc, so yeah that's what he says the Sakura we see is a clone made by Sasuke to fool Naruto as he would never know, as for the real Sakura well she is left in that world by Sasuke.

#10 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

I mean, it's not emotionally abusive, and the murder attempts make sense, since they were enemies.

Can we also call characters by their names? It's a bit irritating and not easy to understand what some of these bashing names are. Let's avoid bashing in general in reviews here?

Most of SS's route is filled with negativity. It's what most SS holds from the entire manga.

Edited by T XD, 26 July 2017 - 11:49 PM.

#11 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Well my good friend over on fanfiction has said that this is not Sakura just a clone that was made when Naruto was fighting Kaguya and Sakura was left in one of Kaguya dimensions by Sasuke, he did say Obito passed out and Sakura was very weak trying to save his ass.

True he knows that it makes no sense but remember Naruto throw its logic out after the Pain arc, so yeah that's what he says the Sakura we see is a clone made by Sasuke to fool Naruto as he would never know, as for the real Sakura well she is left in that world by Sasuke.

Or what if the sasuke that comes to the village and sees sakura and his fam once in a blue moon is a Naruto clone to make sakura feel better......

That would be a great twist haha. I love theories

Jokes aside I do hope they pick up the manga a little bit and do something more risky just to get everyone thinking and suspenseful. Like others have said it is a little too slow and uninteresting right now to keep people coming back for more over other sorts of entertainment

#12 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Imo, like others here, I think the anime does a better of a job and you see it because more people are talking about moments within each episode. Gotta get people interested and buzzing about it.

Edited by Charger76, 26 July 2017 - 11:51 PM.

#13 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

Yes, part 2 Sasuke is darker and not capable or willing or wanting to do a relationship. Sasuke has to change to who he is in 699, going through a growth brought upon by Naruto's persistence, brotherly love, and own morality to get to that place. But SS as a couple doesn't start until 699, and I don't think your roots matter, but more who you become and how you act in the relationship.

Then let's not talk of any character development and take who they are by the end of the manga. So, previous of chapter 699 isn't valid for SS.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

To be honest for most of the SS moments in Boruto, I don't know whether to take them as positives or negatives for the couple. I was on Tumblr and some SS fans were getting pissed about how canon is turning out for the couple. It's a small sample size but still. Mind others still take everything as good, while some of us take everything as bad, but I am thoroughly confused.

I try to look at it from both sides, but I honestly don't know

This episode is the first time they had SS moments in the anime. The thing is that SP doesn't like Sasuke or Sakura. But them and the pairing are more popular then nH is in Japan

Actually now that I think about it there really haven't been too many NH or SS moments in the manga or anime tbh. It's approaching gaiden so more so SS for the anime, but NH hasn't gotten anything really

They didn't have many moments in Naruto because they weren't suppose to be the canon pairing and only became ones at the last minute. As for the Boruto manga Kishimoto is the editor and he has grown to hate both the pairings. So instead they focus more on BS in the manga and avoid either of those pairings.

The thing is for nH is they are at the point of time where Naruto is neglecting his family so they can't have him be the perfect husband while being an awful father since one of the problems Bolt had in the movie was he was being awful at both. So they can't do much with them till they passed the movie/chunin exams.

SP hates SS and do not understand what people like about it, but it is the bigger of their two pairings and like I said before Salad the love interest they are stuck with if they can't sell the clone, was born from SS. So they have to do it but they don't really sell it that well or have alternator motives. For example: The tomato bit you would only know if you knew that from the databooks, everyone else will just assume Sakura must have weird taste in food. Or the Bench by the sea which was obviously suppose to provoke then overwrite the bench scene from Chapter 3 which was the Start of NS.

I mean, it's not emotionally abusive, and the murder attempts make sense, since they were enemies.

Can we also call characters by their names? It's a bit irritating and not easy to understand what some of these bashing names are. Let's avoid bashing in general in reviews here?

One most of the people reading my summaries don't watch the anime so names like Iwabe means nothing to them while names like the repeater or the clone are descriptive at least. Two it easier for me to remember my nicknames then the characters names. Three if you watch the anime since I'm giving sometimes a play by play it shouldn't be that hard to deduce who I'm talking about. Four no ones paying me to do this and I am doing it of my own free will, I will continue to uses the nicknames I give to these characters and as long as remain consistent with them there shouldn't be a problem. Five if you want me to start using their names; pay me. $50 for every time I have to write out their actual names.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 July 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#15 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

Agreed. But I'm hopeful the manga will learn, and I might go back and pick it up if I hear anything exciting happen.
It t.

I hope so too. I think it will. I still get the feeling Boruto isn't meant to be a super long story. Kishi kind of wants to move on (although he clearly wanted to stay on for something being the supervisor), so I think something will come up soon. If they want it to be successful they should. But being a monthly manga has hurt them. It's like they are trying to build up like a weekly manga, but they don't have the luxury of doing that. In a monthly you can't have a boring chapter. You can't just move onto the next week.

#16 Charger76

Charger76

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

I don't understand why it is so popular either. Romance manga where they are the two main characters and have more relationship development before he turns to the darkness, I understand. Battle manga where it is a secondary ship and other relationships develop better and hold more presidence, no. Not really anyone's fault. SP and Kishi definitely didn't mean for it to become popular, but people have fantasies. Plus people like how their relationship is different. I don't. I like positivity and dynamic/pleasing relationships like NS. NH is boring and their isn't a big friendship there, SS doesn't have enough shown affecton and things are left in the air. We haven't seen sakura unhappy at this point in boruto but if they suddenly have sakura act that way, there would be no surprises if they went that direction. I always thought of Sakura as someone who wanted affection But it is fiction.

They'll address the relationship more thoroughly in another arc I'm sure. Happily every after kind of thing or plot twist. Gaiden was something but it still kept the relationship open to be resolved later kind of thing. That was more for sarada.

But for SS, In reality if there is no hinata then it is NS happening. So people put a little too much importance on the ship as a whole and them being soulmates. (SS). They write sasuke where it could be SS,SK, or badass solo sasuke and there would be no surprises. Actually even with NH, those other two choices are more sasuke like and better for the story (imo) as he can travel with Karin, or be a solo character that comes into save the day. That's kind of what he does now, but he doesn't have a family he doesn't have much contact with. There's just too much pain in that relationship pre/during/post shippuden for me

#17 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

Not quite. Part 1 and Part 2 are important to SS's development, bumpy as it is. 699 is the culmination of that road, and where the romantic relationship starts. That's the key point, their romantic relationship, their actual relationship as a couple, starts at 699, and that part, should only take in 699. But the build up should take in all of it.

I was being sarcastic XD Reread it and maybe you'll get what I meant.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:22 AM

Imo, like others here, I think the anime does a better of a job and you see it because more people are talking about moments within each episode. Gotta get people interested and buzzing about it.

That because manga is boring as hell, monthly release is hard to active users let alone how dull it is, and the anime is in the beginning state where it can delude people to think there's no filler when clearly it has that feeling and not in a positive way.

I'm just here for the food.

#19 Honestly

Honestly

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

I see some SS fans raging on Tumblr about the episode saying SP are liar's about sasuke not in contact with Sakura she is wife of course he Contacts her they of a daughter together.this episode make it so clear sasuke is ignoring Sakura and his child episode 15 we see him and Naruto yet no Sakura the man can teleport to see is family yet he does not.how can Sakura voice actor even like this pairing

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:48 AM

That because manga is boring as hell, monthly release is hard to active users let alone how dull it is, and the anime is in the beginning state where it can delude people to think there's no filler when clearly it has that feeling and not in a positive way.

I'm just here for the food.

The manga is ten chapter of rehashing filler and an an arc that other manga could deal with the plot in a chapter which even its predecessor did. The story and characters is slightly better in manga but that ignoring all its faults & flaws. While the anime is cliche with a far worst main character to the point these two episode are some of the more enjoyable ones simply because he barely in them.

I see some SS fans raging on Tumblr about the episode saying SP are liar's about sasuke not in contact with Sakura she is wife of course he Contacts her they of a daughter together.this episode make it so clear sasuke is ignoring Sakura and his child episode 15 we see him and Naruto yet no Sakura the man can teleport to see is family yet he does not.how can Sakura voice actor even like this pairing

Didn't we already know that Sasuke does not contact her -in fact for 12 years-and even goes out of his way to avoid her from the Gaiden and the movie? Are these people the ones that only watch the anime?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 July 2017 - 02:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users