• Please log in to reply
50497 replies to this topic

#50481 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

still kind of hurts me that he admitted to his father that Sakura-Chan is his girlfriend, he admitted he loves her to Sai, but when his mother asked him about a special woman in his life before they departed, it was like he forgot that he is in love with Sakura-Chan. They could show Sakura-Chan thinking of Sasuke when talking about whoever she likes is a good guy which was actually supposed to be Naruto in her mind,(I understand he couldn't show that yet since it was still a little early.) but they couldn't show Naruto thinking of her at least when asked about the special woman in his life? Kishimoto needs to SERIOUSLY consider re-doing the War Arc at the very least and doing it his way. Kishi may be a yellow-belly kitten for selling out like that, but I know if he did it his way, Naruto wouldn't have hesitated to think of Sakura-Chan when his mother asked.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 16 September 2018 - 12:32 PM.

dpz5lt.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#50482 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

I still say that scene gets misinterpreted a bit

he says anyone you love must be a greay guy

then she frowns and thinks of Psycho Sasuke surrounded by evil flames

yeah she thinks Im a peach arent I

Imo that screne is a direct shot at people that ship those two together Im not perfect look at who i fell for first hes a psycho who wamts to destroy the village.

I admit though some follow through with her thinking how she does have Naruto now would have been acceptable

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#50483 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

Imo that screne is a direct shot at people that ship those two together Im not perfect look at who i fell for first hes a psycho who wamts to destroy the village.

I admit though some follow through with her thinking how she does have Naruto now would have been acceptable

I agree wholeheartedly.

dpz5lt.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#50484 DrK

DrK

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:33 PM

When someone asked me about that, I think I said it was unacceptable that she didn't at least think about Naruto as well, but really it would have been ok if they didn't just casually abandon NS after that.

It might have made sense that Naruto didn't mention Sakura to his mother since he wasn't very optimistic, but it's just pretty kitten how Kishi didn't want to commit to anything and that later gave him a way to completely screw things up.

#50485 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:13 PM

he honestly did not even have to say a word to his mother about her, a simple thought of her when asked about the special woman in his life would have spoke 1 million words. Cemented his feelings for her even further.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 16 September 2018 - 10:21 PM.

dpz5lt.jpg

#50486 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:48 PM

yeah that scene.... it was all wrapped up in every bit of misdirection that was going on at the end. 

I remember thinking at the time that it was very reflective of how Sakura saw herself — like she messed up again. Remember that line she used when going to confess, about not making any more mistakes? I always thought it was less about her villainous first-love (which, yeah - psycho flames!!!! hello!?!!), and more about how she's not had great judgement. A bit of insecurity on her part. 

Then the ending happened. And like all that build up, it was rendered pointless by how kitten'd up the ending was.

And yeah, I always thought- 'Uh, he told his dad. And is dad agreed! Said she was like his mom! So isn't NS a done-deal now?' obviously not tho.

#50487 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

So...apparently Comicbook.com has posted an article recently on how the pairings were created. I haven't read it (I don't want to because I know I will pull my hair out and scream in rage), but did anyone else?

I could have sworn Screen Rant already ran something on this a couple of months ago; if Kishimoto is having to explain himself AGAIN, that can't be good.

My advice to Shonen Jump/Studio Pierrott: You'd be better off if you just stopped talking about the pairings. It happened, you caused controversy, move on. Those who shipped NaruSaku or whatever and discontinued the series aren't coming back. They're not convinced with Kishimoto's answers and even if it's the truth most of us think he did a poor job in his vision (and that's putting it kindly), so there's no point in convincing us it was planned when the execution was awful. 

#50488 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 PM

Offical art from some Naruto x Boruto Ninja Voltage game. I had to do double check cuz i thought this was fanart since SP wanted to erase all signs of narusaku. Its nice, i like it.

tumblr_pfapwj9aid1sojw2po1_1280.png

#50489 jak123

jak123

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Offical art from some Naruto x Boruto Ninja Voltage game. I had to do double check cuz i thought this was fanart since SP wanted to erase all signs of narusaku. Its nice, i like it.

That's such a romantic hug.

#50490 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

That's such a romantic hug.

Of course, we know sakura gives the best hugs in the manga. :excited:

#50491 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

yeah that scene.... it was all wrapped up in every bit of misdirection that was going on at the end. 

I remember thinking at the time that it was very reflective of how Sakura saw herself — like she messed up again. Remember that line she used when going to confess, about not making any more mistakes? I always thought it was less about her villainous first-love (which, yeah - psycho flames!!!! hello!?!!), and more about how she's not had great judgement. A bit of insecurity on her part. 

Then the ending happened. And like all that build up, it was rendered pointless by how kitten'd up the ending was.

And yeah, I always thought- 'Uh, he told his dad. And is dad agreed! Said she was like his mom! So isn't NS a done-deal now?' obviously not tho.

I know what you mean, Tricksie. It's really just stupid in the long run how the ending kittened up so much of everything and for what!? Nothing, since every time anything is used for advertising or games and such, we usually get the Naruto cast in their Shippuden designs, Sakura even included as the heroine, so why the hell did it have to end up like this!?! T____T

#50492 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

they should keep it going, one NaruSaku image at a time. Translate that into the Manga.

dpz5lt.jpg

#50493 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,416 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

And like I said, *WHAT A WONDERFUL MESSAGE THAT PORTRAYS!!!! :zaru:  :banana: GOOD! JOB!" :thumbsup: ( everything I just typed*sarcasm*) Portraying young women as shallow air heads that know nothing about love and cannot emotionally mature at all to get past their first crushes!!!!!!

Sakura, Ino, and ALMOST EVERY GIRL of their age group get horny and fan girl over the cool mysterious bad boy Sauke Uchiha. And when Sakura sees how sociopathic and unhinged he had become for his revenge she is always hearbroken and crying.  Thinking about Sasuke as he was in Part II/Shippuden gives her nothing but misery. But all it takes is a half-@$$ed SORRY and looking sexy and delicious and then she is all "PLEASE MARRY ME!!!!????" And Ino looks for just a PHYSICAL REPLACEMENT of said cool looking bad boy, because said replacement reminds her of her dream husband that will never be? 

As For Hinata, I suppose stalking someone during childhood to the end of your pre-pubescence, and vicariously living through them to deal with your own timidity and shyness issues is love. Actually talking to that person casually when you're not working or even getting to know that person and build any solid friendship with him first so that your are actually comfortable around each other is actually a was of time. Then that person needs to be BRAIN-WASHED into loving you, Am I right?¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Again, sarcasm)

THAT IS what these so-called canon couples are telling influential teenagers. Shallow B#!! S&*% that is mistaken for real love and relationships 

Edited by Phantom_999, Yesterday, 03:53 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50494 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

...Trying to win us back?

It's nice, but it also feels infuriating. Like they know how much this means to us, and our desperate for our money.

#50495 DrK

DrK

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted Today, 01:15 AM

...Trying to win us back?

It's nice, but it also feels infuriating. Like they know how much this means to us, and our desperate for our money.

That sort of has to be what it is. Because in the canonical hug, he's wearing the Toad Sage garb, right? So it's not simply an adaptation of that scene for the game(No idea what the game is but yeah)

#50496 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted Today, 01:30 AM

That sort of has to be what it is. Because in the canonical hug, he's wearing the Toad Sage garb, right? So it's not simply an adaptation of that scene for the game(No idea what the game is but yeah)

No, this is the scene. The toad sage grab was brunt off when he went berserk. I will say this is still pandering though. They can't go back and do NS because of Boruto, but they want the 80% back. So companies will continue to pay for the licences.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Today, 01:36 AM.

#50497 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted Today, 06:10 AM

You know what, things like this make me wonder: why not do an alternate universe? It doesn't have to be as long as Shippuden and Boruto, just enough to give the NS fans what they wanted. It could be the Japanese version of Renew Your Vows. Fans get the best (although with Boruto and the Last I wonder if this really is the best they can do with that pairing). Don't like NS? You still got the canon. Like NS? Great. They've got two products they could sell to different audiences and make money. 

Clearly Kishimoto does not give a kitten about the series anymore, I doubt this would register with him.

#50498 DrK

DrK

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted Today, 08:36 AM

You know what, things like this make me wonder: why not do an alternate universe? It doesn't have to be as long as Shippuden and Boruto, just enough to give the NS fans what they wanted. It could be the Japanese version of Renew Your Vows. Fans get the best (although with Boruto and the Last I wonder if this really is the best they can do with that pairing). Don't like NS? You still got the canon. Like NS? Great. They've got two products they could sell to different audiences and make money. 

Clearly Kishimoto does not give a kitten about the series anymore, I doubt this would register with him.

That would make it way too obvious that they did the wrong thing. You have to understand that they did the WRONG thing. They didn't do something controversial or take a risk. It was just wrong what they did. If that becomes obvious to the general populace, they can forget about having even the modest success they have had. Because no one wants a product that is strictly inferior. No one plays sports games that are 3 years old, for instance. People don't want something worse when there is something better. So it would lose them money in the long run if they weren't willing to reboot the series entirely.

Edited by DrK, Today, 09:19 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)