BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Okay then, It is canon. Doesn't mean that it doesn't suck @$$ is and is inconsistent with the themes and morals of the entire series and so much OOC thinking about it makes me want to throw up

Fair enough I haven't even finished it yet, but I know what happens and I'm think like "what?" To half the stuff in that book

#2162 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

Hi guys I'm back been busy with real life so what grand BS of Naruto the ultimate women using scumbag and Uchiha love kitten have I missed any Kishi interviews saying NH was alwasys planned or how the Uchiha are poor, poor victims cause they love too much or some other new BS?

Oh and I have seen the new Avengers film is rocked :D

#2163 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:42 AM

Okay then, It is canon. Doesn't mean that it doesn't suck @$$ is and is inconsistent with the themes and morals of the entire series and so much OOC thinking about it makes me want to throw up

It seems to happen alot lately with unwarranted sequels and/or reboots. People just don't know when to leave the good stuff alone.

#2164 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

It's not even a new question, really. People have been talking about how Naruto became a bad father since the Boruto movie came out, it's just being revisited because the anime is adapting said movie. People are going to try and continue to make excuses for Naruto, but the fact is it's not sitting well with a lot of viewers.

Even people that come from loving homes don't "know" how to raise kids from the get-go. How to be a parent is something you freaking learn as you go along, tailored to the specific needs of your child. And Naruto appears to have had a good relationship with his son prior to becoming Hokage.

Oh, you mean how Naruto is continuing the flawed ninja system while his village is overseeing the training of more child soldiers? And how he's so swamped with work despite it's supposed to be an era of peace? See the following point for more on this.

And how many stories are out there where the workaholic parent gives their kids mountains of gifts, only for them to be wrong and what they actually should have been doing is spending time with their child? Hell, Naruto acted out as a kid as a cry for attention. You'd think he'd recognize what Boruto is going through and would give his son what he himself never had, none of this "endure your loneliness" crap, especially since Naruto himself admitted his own loneliness could have very easily put him in Sasuke's position

Japan has a lot of cultural aspects that don't work outside it's boarders. Stuff like people working themselves to death, high suicide rates stemming from the pressures their youth face, sexual harassment being swept under the rug or seen as "normal," conforming to the system... these things are shocking to us for a reason. There's a reason why there are rebellious messages in shonen materials, it provides the youth of Japan with the escapism they desperately need.

And let's not forget, 2ch mocks Kishi over how he said Boruto was a message to his own children. Guess they question his own priorities even there.

Everything we have been told as a society paints Naruto as a bad father. Hell, between his flimsy "empathy" that only appears when he sees himself in his opponents (I'm pretty sure that makes him more of a psychopath, but I digress) and how he continues to idolize the ninja system, you could argue he's unintentionally a pretty bad person all around. We discussed last week even a major pro-Ender calling Naruto out on what he's become. People are tied of all this. This is not the future people wanted for Naruto.

Question is, after they finish that arc, what are they going to do regarding their relationship? The end of the original Boruto movie supposedly had them burying the hatchet, so what then? The new arc seems to imply the conflict is now Naruto suddenly embracing technology on a dime, but if we're going to have them argue and fight incessantly, it's going to get tiresome. Trust me, I know some people butt heads with their parents regularly (personal experience here) but a fun story it does not make.

Also, and this is something the youtuber Revanant Wings pointed out, the previous Hokages had free time before. Harashima spoiled Tsunade, when we're introduced to Sarutobi, he's taking time in the afternoon to paint, and the anime showed him having good relations with the villagers and the children. Minato was spending time with Kushina during her pregnancy, and cooked for her in the anime. Tsunade still went out to drink and gamble. Yes, being a political leader is an insanely busy job, but almost every one of them takes a few hours in the day for themselves (to even serve those jobs full term, you need SOME leisure time).

As for Boruto and Naruto's generation reflecting Japan's workaholic culture, it's not painting it in a positive light. Because of it, they have almost no social life and have severe trouble pairing with the opposite sex (I believe officially 40% of the men are virgins). Then with the high rates of suicide and their culture of shame, it's a stressful environment just to live in. You can't spin this to people when you're not selling any positives.

And as you said, most manga tends to deviate from these traditions. Yu Yu Hakusho's protagonist is a delinquent who's mother gave birth to him when she was 15. Japan prides itself in being a conformist culture, yet many manga and anime have relatively diverse characters. Many marriages in Japan are viewed more as partnerships for elevating one's status where they only have sex for kids on occasion, but many manga have their protagonists marry for genuine love if they choose to conclude with marriage. Japan is still extremely patriarchal traditionally, but again, even if their presentations are flawed at times, many manga and anime show strong women in positions of power (including Naruto). 

Most animators and mangaka get into their line of work precisely BECAUSE there are some aspects of Japan's norms they just don't gel well with, and get into it for escapism of their own (and often times are in for a rude awakening when corporate gets involved).

#2165 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

In theory, they stop having to have Naruto be the bad dad kishimoto gave them, and he turns into perfect husband for hinata while they follow the manga story. I complained enough about the manga's pacing. So they will have a lot of filler of mister perfect husband of Hinata filler arc to make up for the 60 or so episode the were forced to have him as bad dad.

#2166 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

Boruto episode 57 short summary from wiki :

Urashiki attacks Gaara, making Sasuke consider cancelling the exams but the Kages refuse. Round two of the Chunin Exams begins then. For the second test, three-man teams must try to capture their rival team’s flags. Sarada and Mitsuki set out for enemy territory while Boruto stays behind to guard their flag. The Senka Triplets from the Hidden Mist attack, and Boruto finds himself in trouble. Boruto considers using the Scientific Ninja Tool that Katasuke gave him which allows him to defeat his enemy. After learning from Shikamaru that Boruto's team passed, Naruto goes to congratulate his son and wishes him success in the next round.

Apparently they added Sumire but only like a quick glance like 1-2 seconds and she didn't said anything they just show her running in the exam. So that's how they added her , because i'm sure shes still not exist during boruto the movie.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2167 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

No she doesn't from my experience of seeing it a couple times once from subs and once from the dub she's no there in terms of the movie itself. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#2168 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

I do have to say, you guys are nice. I mean outside this forum (excluding the remaining fanboys) people are destroying Boruto.

They call Boruto, a bastard child. They hate Hinata and her fans for destroying the series, and I asked some and they said they actually liked Hinata before, but now no.

They don't like the idea of Boruto, since it's just Naruto but with a B in front of it. It's the same thing.

Basically we have an old saying "Hai s-o nu o mai lungim" translation "Let's not stretch it anymore".

Burrito is not well viewed. Apart from the remaining fanboys; everyone hates it.

Gee who didn't see this one coming? :roll:

So she basically is the equivalent of the Last Jedi for breaking the fandom in two  :lulz: .

#2169 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Also, and this is something the youtuber Revanant Wings pointed out, the previous Hokages had free time before. Harashima spoiled Tsunade, when we're introduced to Sarutobi, he's taking time in the afternoon to paint, and the anime showed him having good relations with the villagers and the children. Minato was spending time with Kushina during her pregnancy, and cooked for her in the anime. Tsunade still went out to drink and gamble. Yes, being a political leader is an insanely busy job, but almost every one of them takes a few hours in the day for themselves (to even serve those jobs full term, you need SOME leisure time).

This is something I wanted to say a couple of days ago.

Tsunade took over the hokage seat after Konoha had been attacked, was tasked with rebuilding the village and also undertook training Sakura (and some others in anime canon from what I've heard). Naruto took over in a time of peace and is drowned in so much paperwork he doesn't have time for his family despite his kage bushin spam in the past. He's allowing Orochimaru to walk around despite his past actions and continued experimentation with children, as well as Sasuke doing Konoha's black ops despite Naruto's many promises to change the system. Not to mention how he was never promoted past genin, indicating he wasn't trusted with more responsibility than painting fences or finding stray cats. As a genin, he wouldn't be allowed to vote on the  ninja council (jonin only), train his own genin (again, jonin) or even teach at the academy (chunin), yet he's in charge of the village.

Tsunade is someone who was given a difficult job, got it done but Naruto began screeching she's terrible at the job. Naruto, on the other hand, appears to be in way over his head even though he was given the job in a much more peaceful time.

Edited by RulesofNature, 15 May 2018 - 11:04 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2170 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:57 AM

AND YET, we are supposed to take Naruto's position as "realistic and sympathetc" :lmao: NO. :zaru:  :no:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2171 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

AND YET, we are supposed to take Naruto's position as "realistic and sympathetc" :lmao: NO. :zaru:  :no:

Right it's not cause he's not shown in the situation heck Minato wouldn't even do what naruto as doing. Heck at this point give the job to sakura she's more qualified.

#2172 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

Right it's not cause he's not shown in the situation heck Minato wouldn't even do what naruto as doing. Heck at this point give the job to sakura she's more qualified.

Yeah, Sakura doesn't have much of a family to worry about either, so she would have a lot more time for it.

#2173 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Yeah, Sakura doesn't have much of a family to worry about either, so she would have a lot more time for it.

What family the only thing she has is a kid that's not even hers, and yes I will forever till the day I die will say Sarada is not Sakura's kid but Karin and Sasuke's.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 17 May 2018 - 07:57 AM.

#2174 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Episode 58 "The Tournament Begins!"

The third round of the exams begins, consisting of individual battles held tournament style. Boruto’s first match is against Yurui of the Hidden Cloud, and Shikadai is matched up against Yodo of the Hidden Sand. Sarada and Mitsuki are up against Tarui and Toroi of the Hidden Cloud, while Inojin and Cho-Cho pull Araya and Shinki of the Hidden Sand, respectively. After honing their skills in jutsu and strategy, the intense battles between the young shinobi begin!

Is it just me or when i saw the name of these characters , it looks like whoever come up with those name they were like "Just .... come on we don't have time!" , you know like so lazy all the name is ugly and looks cheap and basically half of it is from their parents like shikadai .... is basically shikamaru just changed the end with dai :lmao:  that is just so lazy. Just look at it : boruto , sarada , yurui , yodo , tarui , toroi , cho-cho :lmao: it's either they don't want to think or they just "meh ... whatever" or they are against time when they making these character.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2175 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:20 AM

This still hasn't bombed yet? 

#2176 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:09 AM

The third round of the exams begins, consisting of individual battles held tournament style. Boruto’s first match is against Yurui of the Hidden Cloud, and Shikadai is matched up against Yodo of the Hidden Sand. Sarada and Mitsuki are up against Tarui and Toroi of the Hidden Cloud, while Inojin and Cho-Cho pull Araya and Shinki of the Hidden Sand, respectively. After honing their skills in jutsu and strategy, the intense battles between the young shinobi begin!

Is it just me or when i saw the name of these characters , it looks like whoever come up with those name they were like "Just .... come on we don't have time!" , you know like so lazy all the name is ugly and looks cheap and basically half of it is from their parents like shikadai .... is basically shikamaru just changed the end with dai :lmao:  that is just so lazy. Just look at it : boruto , sarada , yurui , yodo , tarui , toroi , cho-cho :lmao: it's either they don't want to think or they just "meh ... whatever" or they are against time when they making these character.

Remember this was kishimoto who wrote this around the time after the ending. So "meh...whatever" probably does describe what he was feeling when he was designing these characters.

#2177 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

Well, to be fair, it's tradition to name the Ino-Shika-Cho kids with the first syllables as Ino, Shika, and Cho respectively. 

#2178 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Hey look at the bright side, there is no English dub for it yet. That probably means something given how popular Naruto is in North America :party: In Japan some other factors would have to play out for it to completely tank and get cancelled unfortunately

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2179 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:25 AM

I decided to catch up on the Boruto Anime from where I left off which was episode 34 I think that's the Graduation Exam Arc... I think it only went up until Episode 37, and it was alright for the most part.  

The real highlight was this: 

The bits I thought were interesting in here were the Boruto and Sarada tag team against Konohamaru. 

The ending with Kakashi's side was interesting to say the least take it as well. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 19 May 2018 - 01:16 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#2180 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

I'm kinda getting vibes SP is going to try and give it another big push to be honest. It really, really looks like they screwed the pooch with Black Clover, and are trying to save the lesser of two dumpster fires.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users