#41 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Interesting chapter. Sakura has become more and more likable to me as the arc went by (she's #4 in my favorites list now, beating Temari). The Sai talk with Orochimaru was pretty unique and has me curious as to what Danzou wrote that made Oro so surprised like that. Now I'm definitely interested in seeing the next several chapters as quickly as possible.

#42 Sorixed

Sorixed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Awesome chapter ! *kyubi Grin*

#43 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

I just thought of something terrible.

What if Sakura indeed finally loves Naruto, but Naruto hast lost his feelings for her over the years? I mean, did we ever see a sign of love interest in Sakura from Naruto in part 2? (I really can't remember)

But, yeah, I know, it's a stupid thought!
And.. nah... can't be... he still loves her.... right? laugh.gif mellow.gif

#44 Mystic

Mystic

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

Click For Spoiler

So close! Why did you have to wake up, Naruto?! You could have at least pretended to be unconcious for another second...*smacks naruto* smack.gif

Hm, amazing how some people believe having a character on a cover automatically means they'll end up with Naruto...I could actually understand a SasuNaru saying that about 293, since it features both of them, but how does a lone picture of Hinata come into this?

While its true Danzou may have offered Sai as a replacement body for Orochimaru, why would he settle for a second-rate non-Sharingan body, even if its otherwise similar to Sasuke? He's waited 3 years to take over Sasuke, why decide now to wait another 3?

Next chapter title hints at Yamato making decisions, so hopefully focus will stay on Team 7, which will give us more time for Naruto to notice Sakura's bruise and for NaruSaku interaction. wub.gif

Wouldn't mind seeing exactly what Sai's going to end up doing with Oro/Kabuto though....

.....I can't wait 7 days for 298.... :shamefulcry0js:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Real love stories never have endings.

#45 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Mar 2 2006, 04:06 PM)
Ya know, I'm really curious as to what the real SasuSaku-ers spin is on this one.  I even plunged the depths of NarutoFan (which I almost NEVER visit), yet they seem to be... oddly quiet about this chapter.

They seem to be:

- supporting an alternate translation (that disagrees with every single one posted on Mangahelpers) which has Yamato saying something like: "Sakura, you should look at yourself... you truly are..." This sounds like Yamato is just praising Sakura instead of about to say that she loves Naruto, but what's the point of Naruto interrupting it?

- having faith in their old evidence (Chapter 181, various essays)

- thinking that NaruSaku's buildup will just be a red herring for a later reversion to SasuSaku

The last two points are very similar to the behavior of shippers on other sinking/sunken "ships" such as Harry/Hermione (err, no offense).

#46 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

On another note, I thik that Danzou could have engineered Sai's 'defection' to give the team a way to get to the Sound Village. Or I go with my previous 'Suicide Bomber' theory. That I think I posted. Sai is emotionless, so he wouldn't show anything prior to his end, and with such a cool demeanor, he'd be the perfect plant of that type. It's interesting. On a different note, will he even notice the wound, or realize it was one he inflicted.

Finally, what does Hinata being on the cover have to do with anything? It's just a cover. I prefer to go with the actual events of the story. I mean, if they still want NaruHina to happen, that's fine, but at least concede to reality a bit here. I'm more than willing to make concessions to what I believe is an alternate pairing, give us the same courtesy. It's odd how the NaruHinas appear to have a lot emotionally invested in the pairing (at least from what I can read of NarutoFan Forums.) Damn fervent zealots. Their debate technique leaves much to be desired.

The one thing I always roll back to is simple. Naruto is the hero. He achieves what he strives for. At least, that's the idea. While there will be occasional failures/setbacks, he will always have some kind of victory, like a moral victory in the face of deafeat. (Sasuke's defection.) The hero does NOT get the consolation prize, which, face it, is what Hinata would be at this point. I'm not saying she doesn't have quality, but Naruto WANTS Sakura. Let's forget about the fact that Hinata is crushing on him and face on the Hero's wants. The series is named Naruto. It would be like Romeo suddenly deciding 'Mendokuse, I'll just sleep with one of my cousins.' or some such. I've been fighting and striving and suffering and doing everything I can for the woman I love, so she can be happy, so she can be mine. What? Someone else loves me? Well, let's make these last few years of trial and tribluation worthless. Practically killing myself to bring back Sasuke and to save Sakura from Gaara, well, whatever, that's nothing compared to all these years of silently watching and supporting me. I mean, all this time and I've been suffering, and I had your well-wishes from afar to keep me company. Honestly, shyness aside, someone who goes through what Naruto goes through, you go over and help them, commiserate, what have you. (Maybe this is uncalled for, but as much as I may not have problems with her as a character, I do have issues with that relationship. This has gone too far afield, so I'm done.)

#47 MBKon

MBKon

Hm hm hm hm hm

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:Girls, and girls, girls, did i mention girls?

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

ey! i like Harry/Hermione! anyways...*gasp* NNNNAAANIIIII! Build up for SasuSaku? Where did you find it! WHERE!

guys... and girls....this means war! any1 need katanas?

#48 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Mar 2 2006, 06:55 PM)
And.. nah... can't be... he still loves her.... right?  laugh.gif  mellow.gif

Don't worry Gaara...Naruto still totally loves Sakura. Remember when he asked her out on that date, and then was totally bummed when he realized that he didn't have any money tongue.gif
The guy is still totally smitten with her, he has just decided to pull back a bit because he fears (unneccessarily) that he has lost her to Sasuke.

So no need to fear...it's NaruSaku all the way! a_dance.gif

#49 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

eeee!!!! omg I have been squeling so hard since I read that chapter! I wasn't actually that expectant of a narusaku moment, but Kishi came through! whee!
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#50 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

Not to mention when Yamato stopped Naruto from trying to peek on Sakura in the bathhouse (remember the story of Tsunade nearly killing Jiraiya for attempting the same thing). He's definitely... interested, still.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#51 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Mar 2 2006, 02:55 PM)
I just thought of something terrible.

What if Sakura indeed finally loves Naruto, but Naruto hast lost his feelings for her over the years? I mean, did we ever see a sign of love interest in Sakura from Naruto in part 2? (I really can't remember)

And.. nah... can't be... he still loves her.... right?  laugh.gif  mellow.gif

Of course! We can't be doubting Naruto now!
(He was still embarassed about that date they went on remember? biggrin.gif)

EDIT:GAH! Sakura-chan got to it before me!
*tackle glomps Sakura-chan*

#52 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

I'm not worried about Naruto having lost interest. He's still blushing around her.

And are people seriously saying that Naruto will get together with somebody just because they're on the cover? laugh.gif So does that mean he's also getting together with Shikamaru since he had the last cover? Or is it Sakura getting together since she had the outburst?

#53 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

*Jumps for joy!* EVEN IF HE DID RUIN THE MOMENT!!!

Yamato: Sakura... I can tell by looking at you. In reality, you...

AHHH! ^_____^ Loved it.

Love is everything.

#54 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

Ahh... yes, I remember!! Ther was the "date" in 245 and that moment in the bath where Yamato says that Naruto thinks about doing something with Sakura.... can't remember exactly (??) tongue.gif

However, guess you're right, he still loves her. How could he not? tongue.gif

#55 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

And let's not forget when he slightly blushed in surprise at seeing Sakura after so long... biggrin.gif There's that too, guys!

Bryon

#56 Andorea-Chan

Andorea-Chan

Kitty l-o-v-e-r ♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:SakuNaru! I love anime and video-games. I also like drawing.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:03 AM

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! a_spaz.gif I'm glad someone FINALLY made Sakura realise her feelings for Naruto! a_dance.gif

#57 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

I read the chapter this morning but had to go to school so i'll say this now.

Click For Spoiler
This chapter is love!!!!! wub.gif If the translation is correct then I want to glomp Kishi. th_glomp.gif

Damn it, Naruto! Pretend you're sleeping! msmack.gif

I liked how sakura wanted to learn Yamato's jutsu to help Naruto. biggrin.gif I agree with what everyone has stated about this chapter, too. Because that would be too much to type about my resonings why and Im lazy like that. So I'll just say that. happy.gif

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 2 2006, 05:28 PM)
And are people seriously saying that Naruto will get together with somebody just because they're on the cover?   laugh.gif So does that mean he's also getting together with Shikamaru since he had the last cover?  Or is it Sakura getting together since she had the outburst?

Oh my gosh I was thinking the exact same thing! I was going to post that but you beat me to it. 111189.gif SHIKANARU FOR LIFE!!!!! XD

P.S.: Notice the glomp icon. The pink one glomping the orange one. It reminds me of pink being Sakura and orange being Naruto. XD)

#58 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:33 AM

Great chapter, though like all of you said a bonafide NaruSaku moment was ruined by....well....Naruto.

uc.png

#59 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:06 AM

I guess I can't add much else to the Narusaku love filling this thread biggrin.gif

The rest of the chapter - I expected Sai and Orochi would talk a bit but I totally didn't expect Sai to take off with them. Though now that I think about it, it makes sense...298 and 299 can be rest/travel chapters for the rest of Team 7 (with a long overdue Naruto/Sakura talk) and 300 brings us to Orochi's hideout and Sasuke's awaited appearance.

[BTW, nice narusaku banner in your sig AnimeGirl... wink.gif ]

#60 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:13 AM

Hm... considering Orochimaru is retreating (with Sai) and Naruto is... incapacitated, at the very least, I feel reassured that Sasuke will NOT be reappearing in this arc. At least, not more then a 'welcome back' frame, perhaps, if we get to follow Orochimaru and Sai for a while.

I'm actually fairly confident, still, in my prediction that Sasuke won't be seen until the late 300s-400s before the board crash wiped out that prediction thread. (if I recall correctly, my specific number was 398, but that was just because I had to pick a specific number and I felt mentioning a range of 'around 400' (i.e., 375-425) wasn't specific enough)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users