236 replies to this topic

#101 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

I know the control + v tactic but the later part I didn't. Thank you.

Your welcome. Actually I didn't know about it either, I literally found it out just seconds before I posted that. :P

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#102 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Awesome work, I wish I was that good, for some reason my avatar changed back to my previous one though but no worries^^

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#103 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

It looks amazing ! 😄

#104 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!  I've read through all your posts, so here is what will happen:

Oh my God, you did a great jooob!

And banner design? Hell, I'll be participating for sure on that one!

Gonna take a while until I get used to it, tho, lol.

A banner design contest will come up as soon as possible.

I will send the banner PSD to Tricksie today, and I will also create a PNG template version for those who do not use Photoshop.  This is so everyone can see what works or doesn't work for banners. :)  I may also adjust the banner CSS a little today so that the logo/menu is lower.

I joined here on right day lol  (yesterday)

Great job! especially the banner design :P

Spoilers don't work though.

The old spoilers will be updated today, this is my priority job.

For now, the new spoilers do work in the same way as the old ones did:

[spoiler="title"]Text to be hidden.[/spoiler]

You can still nest spoilers:
[spoiler="Spoiler"] Are you sure you REALLY want to get spoiled?
[spoiler="You asked for it..."] Spoilers inside your spoilers!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Like Derock said, you can also access spoilers by clicking on the Special BBCode icon to the left of the Font dropdown box.

The library been disabled (you say there's an archive there, but I'm not able to access it), which you say is "necessary" for the upgrade, and is "the reason we haven't updated in so long."  The library is one of the principle reasons I joined this site all those years ago, so I hope this isn't permanent.

The text background is a downgrade, now a harsh white that is hard on the eyes (there do appear to be ways to change some colors, but if there's a way to change that I haven't found it yet) instead of an eye-saving soft blue.  I would at least like the option to change that text background -- much more than I would to change the banner color, which seems to be the only setting change you can make to the view.

Sorry, the Library should have been accessible, but this very latest version of IPB changed the user table.  I had thought that simply logging out would enable us to view them as guests, but I was wrong in this case.  I will take a look at its database, and I'm sure there is a way to salvage the stories.  I will see if it is possible to make a fresh install of that version of eFiction and create a read-only archive.

Like Sakura Blossoms said, I had been trying to find a way to update the Library for years.  eFiction is no longer updated, and the bridge code it used to link to H&E is completely outdated.  I tried to find other ways such as using alternative bridges, alternative fanfic software, and modding the boards or installing blog software and converting it into a fanfic archive.  Everything was pretty much a dead end, and hiring a programmer just for that job would have cost a lot of money.

H&E badly needed an update and facelift, for security and stability as well as features/looks, so we had to make the hard decision.  As soon everything is stable and we have settled into this new version, we will be asking everyone where they would like to go with fanfiction. ^_^

About the skin, it should be relatively simple to create a version of this skin with slightly different CSS (perhaps a light grey-ish instead of white), so I can take a look once we have sorted out the important things.

Also, may I suggest something? Some additional smileys? I very much like the onion head ones. :D

Can I also make a suggestion? An arcade game corner, please. : 3

We'll take a look at additional requests as soon as all the important jobs are done and the dust has settled. :)

In regards to the Facebook page, there should be a profile pic and a cover photo for a little :nsdance:  personality ^_^

The Facebook page will be updated with a photo and profile picture. ^_^

Love the update! Everything is much more accessible, but my only complaint is the layout of the mobile version. On my iphone it's difficult it navigate to new topics, not sure if you can change the mobile version layout but the upgrade is still a plus.

Yes, the mobile version is simple, it was designed that way so it loads fast while you're on the move.  When the main foundation of this update is done, I will look for any mobile skins/mods floating around. ^_^

Oh! If we're allowed to make suggestions, I'd like to know if it's possible to expand the amount of images we can have per post. Right now, it caps off at 60, (which is a huge amount to begin with, so I feel silly for asking about this  :sweatdrop:  ), but it would be helpful for The Build Up if it capped off at, say, 100 images instead. It's not a huge deal, so don't feel like you absolutely have to look into it, Smiter.

I'll add it to the list of small jobs, we'll have to see how it affects loading/stability. ^_^

Smiter, are you the one running the Twitter and Facebook pages? Also, I'm kinda disappointed we can't see the birthdays on the bottom anymore. Is there anyway we can fix that?

I created those, and posted the first tweets, but all Admins/Mods will be able to help run them. ^_^

I will also take a look at birthdays!

#105 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I just realised we can like posts just like on Facebook. Let me try liking my own post.

Edit: Ah. Apparently I've reached my quota of positive votes. Which means 0. Well is this going to be functional soon?

Edited by Darth Krypt, 26 May 2013 - 10:56 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#106 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

I just realised we can like posts just like on Facebook. Let me try liking my own post.

Edit: Ah. Apparently I've reached my quota of positive votes. Which means 0. Well is this going to be functional soon?

I found the settings for those, and will discuss it with the other mods. :)  It's set per member group, so new members or those with really low posts will be unlikely to access that (to limit abuse/spam), and everyone else will have a set amount of points they can use.

UPDATE: Old posts are being rebuilt now, it may take a few hours.  Hopefully this will help fix the old spoiler and quote codes without the need for any database diving!

#107 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hey, how does follow thread works?

#108 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Click on Follow this topic at the top, and you can choose if/when you want to be notified when there are new replies.  Then any new notifications will show up on that little bell icon by your username at the top menu, and perhaps you will also get e-mail notification.  I've only just tried it out, so I'll find out soon. :P

#109 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I don't recommend following new chapter threads and the debate thread then. Unless you like your inbox being flooded.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#110 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

UPDATE: Old posts are being rebuilt now, it may take a few hours.  Hopefully this will help fix the old spoiler and quote codes without the need for any database diving!

Yay! That's great news! I hope it fixes the problem so that you don't have to do it yourself. I feel bad that you're stuck looking into all of these issues on your own. :(

#111 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't recommend following new chapter threads and the debate thread then. Unless you like your inbox being flooded.

Yes, don't ask for instant/offline notifications in busy threads.  :lol:  You can also set them to daily/weekly if you are not a frequent visitor to H&E, or it's a slow thread.

Yay! That's great news! I hope it fixes the problem so that you don't have to do it yourself. I feel bad that you're stuck looking into all of these issues on your own. :(

The rebuild was completed, unfortunately it did not fix everything.  I have a couple more ideas, but I will carry them out on the testing board first, just in case anything goes wrong.  Hopefully, the old codes will be fixed by the end of the day. ^_^

And don't worry, it's OK. :)  I do have the support of a fantastic mod team, and I'm really enjoying being able to deliver regular updates and new features again!

#112 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

This is soooo weird!!

I mean, I know that you guys (admins) had been toying with the idea of changing the layout for some tome, and it looks great, but it'll take a while to get used to it (especially after years of the same layout).

Good job anyway!

P.S. is there a button to see what the other members are doing, what threads they're on?

#113 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

This is soooo weird!!

I mean, I know that you guys (admins) had been toying with the idea of changing the layout for some tome, and it looks great, but it'll take a while to get used to it (especially after years of the same layout).

Good job anyway!

P.S. is there a button to see what the other members are doing, what threads they're on?

Maybe its because I haven't been around as long as you have but I've pretty much gotten use to it now.

And yes there is one, one the main page go to the bottom of the screen right beside where it lists the number of members and, guest its it button that says "See Full List".

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#114 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Did the process of uploading finish ?

#115 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

What process of uploading?

If you mean the forum/gallery updating, they are now fully updated and we're currently running around doing bugfixes and making sure everything is stable.  I'm still working on the problem of updating the old spoiler codes, and hopefully it will be done by tonight.

The only tricky part is that the new spoiler code has an extra /div tag, and I'm not sure how to insert it without the SQL server messing up and adding it to almost every single post.

Ah, well, hopefully it will be sorted!  I'm currently testing it all out on the test boards.

#116 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

What are positive votes? 

I wanted to like a comment someone did on a picture in the gallery and it said that I had "reach the limit of positive votes for the day," or something.

#117 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm still waiting for the other mods to get back to me about the subject of Likes.  ^_^

Our Facebook page has also been updated with a new look, and hopefully we will soon have some news to share on it!

#118 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yes there is. Its the "view new content" button, its at the top of the page between you profile button and the sign out button.

Ahh thank you.

That was my only qualm because sometimes I didn't have time to scroll through all the forums and that was a much more convenient and easy way. But I do like the new layout!

#119 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

Is anyone receiving emails from the site?  Before the upgrade I only had my preferences configured to email me for PMs, but I stopped getting them about 4-6 weeks ago.  I thought maybe the upgrade would fix it, but no.

I've checked the site's MX record and it's not blacklisted, and there's no SPF record to check.  It could be that my ISP suddenly decided to start marking site emails as spam, but I don't have any evidence of that on my spam list.

So I thought I'd check to see if it's just me...?

#120 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

Is anyone receiving emails from the site?  Before the upgrade I only had my preferences configured to email me for PMs, but I stopped getting them about 4-6 weeks ago.  I thought maybe the upgrade would fix it, but no.

I've checked the site's MX record and it's not blacklisted, and there's no SPF record to check.  It could be that my ISP suddenly decided to start marking site emails as spam, but I don't have any evidence of that on my spam list.

So I thought I'd check to see if it's just me...?

I'm still getting e-mail notifications for PMs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users