5 replies to this topic

#1 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Is there anyway I can record vocal conversations on skype? Not just from my end, but from other's end too?

If not, is there any other way I can make an internet party group and record it using a program, preferably free. Even then, does anyone has the possible means to do it? I would like to discus something with you if you do.

I want to do something interesting for the forum and do something on a weekly basis.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 January 2013 - 12:19 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I don't know about recording on skype, but me and my friends use a video or voice chat program called Oovoo, it comes with its own record option that you can turn on while in a chat with others, I've only ever used the recording thing like once and it was a while ago, but if you check it might work for what you need smile.gif

Here it is if you want to check it out http://www.oovoo.com/home.aspx

Edited by zatheko, 21 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

hmmm okay, thanks.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#4 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Fraps

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#5 HuntTheWill

HuntTheWill

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

If you're looking to record audio that is playing through your speakers/headphones try the free program Audacity. In the options you can set the recording to "what I hear" and it will do just that. It sounds like you are trying to record a "show" between yourself and friends. I'm unsure if it can record both your microphone and audio projected through your speakers/headphones at the same time. But it is worth a shot since the program is the best price.

On the off chance that the other persons involved are not aware/agree to the recording; I would recommend reading up on wiretap laws in your location. I do not intend for anything that I have suggested to used in an illegal activity.

Sorry just want to cover my....you know.

HuntTheWill

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (HuntTheWill @ Feb 6 2013, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're looking to record audio that is playing through your speakers/headphones try the free program Audacity. In the options you can set the recording to "what I hear" and it will do just that. It sounds like you are trying to record a "show" between yourself and friends. I'm unsure if it can record both your microphone and audio projected through your speakers/headphones at the same time. But it is worth a shot since the program is the best price.

I tried the audacity thing, but my sound card does not allow for it to work. Sure it can work for some, but the sound card has to allow it. Sadly, mine does not. I have done everything I could to make it work and still no recording. So unfortunately that is out of the questions

So I bought Riviera which is working just fine.

On the off chance that the other persons involved are not aware/agree to the recording; I would recommend reading up on wiretap laws in your location. I do not intend for anything that I have suggested to used in an illegal activity.

The recording was only for the podcast which I said would be recorded. Those who sign up for said activity are in legal agreement to be on the show and made full aware they are being recorded. And people do not seem to mind.

Sorry just want to cover my....you know.

HuntTheWill

Well thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it happy.gif

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users