#21 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Gnosismaster @ Jul 29 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is one fic that you should stay far away from.

It is called Wrong Move (I am not going to dirty my hands by finding the author)

Basically, Sakura is torn up because Sasuke left and Naruto failed to bring him back so she decides to punish him.

She has sex with Naruto and then the next morning, she goes to the police and tells him that he raped her.

God, that delt a severe blow to my devotion to Sakura. :shamefulcry0js: :shamefulcry0js: :shamefulcry0js: :shamefulcry0js: :shamefulcry0js:

Another Sakura basher. I pity them.

It just puzzles me how there are so many of them in ff.net and in Naruto forums.

To hate that much a fiction character... I can´t understand them...

#22 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Chaos Dragon @ Jul 29 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think real Sakura would do that, I don't think it would be in her personality. Sakura already said that she would get Sasuke back for Naruto, so she would blame herself if anyone.

Exactly. That's why she went to Tsunade to train, she felt it was her fault for not being strong enough to be with Naruto. He was hurt so bad because she wasn't there and she wasn't strong enough to be an equal member of the team.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#23 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Enermil @ Jul 29 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another Sakura basher. I pity them.

It just puzzles me how there are so many of them in ff.net and in Naruto forums.

To hate that much a fiction character, some people need to get a life.

Tell me about it. I really hate Sakura bashing.

a_spaz.gif a_spaz.gif Love Sasuke bashing, however. a_dance.gif a_dance.gif :thumbs:

#24 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Going on a rant here so be warned...

I hate fan fiction, plain and simple, I just can't stop reading it. Theres times when it's so good it makes you feel incredible and times when it just disgusts you to the point where it ruins your day. It seems that fics are either done really well and stick to the relative personality's and some that are so blatantly wrong that it's like, why are you even writing that?

I don't mind personality changes, in fact I like a good dark Naruto fic every once in a while, but by god make it have some development and within reason.

That fic for example... I mean sure Sakura was bad to Naruto in the first 5 or so chapters but as soon as Team 7 is formed she starts to change her opinion of him so theres no way in hell that after the promise of a lifetime when Sakura has FINALLY realized how good of a person Naruto is and how well he understands her is she could to do something like that to him. Shes just not that bad...

It's true really, a good experience can make you feel twice as good, but a bad experience can make you feel four times as bad... I get that same thing from crappy, OOC fan fiction like that.

Great... now I'm all bitter and have an urge to write a Naruto fic about Naruto giving Sasuke a 100-pack of pregnancy testers on his return to Konoha...
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#25 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Wow radon you read my mind! laugh.gif

Omg, i'm just gonna take the time to say that
1.) Murdoc is a GENIUS for starting this thread :thumbs:
- and -
2.) Kudos to everyone that posted a fic warning wink.gif

Seriously! My god, I can't count how many times i've been entranced by a good fanfic then some really BAD tasting LEMON or just something completely random and YUCK comes around and the problem is that i can see it in my head! arg.gif So to flush it out i have to watch a slew of good NaruSaku episodes and take a nap while listening to music and telling myself "It's not real...Sakura ISN'T the strip-player of Konoha, she DIDN'T sleep with Sasuke/Itachi/anyone but Naruto out of the blue, Naruto DIDN'T play/get played by Sakura....and their relationship didn't randomly and suddenly elevate to something "nasty" overnight due to Sakura's 'suddenly awakened' feelings that 'awakened' in the matter of a few minutes" >___<

So many thanks ^____^ happy.gif I have a whole list of "fics to stay away from" so i'll go find those right now....*rumages through piles of trash*
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#26 TikiTDO

TikiTDO

Σ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:sleep

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

I'm not going to say much about the actual purpose of the thread, let's just say I don't agree with it at all and leave it at that. What really concerns me is the hate some of these authors are receiving in here.

Many of the stories and scenes mentioned are perfectly valid and effective examples of story telling techniques. (As an example, I absolutely loved Finding Sakura, it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end.) True, some of them may be a bit dark and not quite suited to the average Naruto fan's view of the Naruto world, but saying that the authors are going out of their way to pointlessly bash a character is not at all fair. Some of these are stories that deal with the darker side of human nature. They give you the same characters though a point of view that is quite different from the one you would normally see. This is something I have found to be immensely important if you want to enjoy fan fiction for any reasonable length of time.

That said, certainly do not hold back from posting these warnings. Someone will always find it useful. All I'm saying is keep in mind the effort some of these authors put into their stories, especially for some of the more unique scenarios, and keep the comments to facts. It would be a real shame if someone who is not as squeamish about content read this thread and decided to give a good story a pass simply because of a supposed bias that isn't really there.

#27 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

I agree with your points, and I will agree that Finding Sakura is a well written story but to be honest it disturbed me. The Warning was there at the top of chapter one, and I'm glad the author put it there but it really should have been after the Summary so people who don't tend to read authors notes (me -.-;...) get the full warning for what is happening.

I have read many a M fic far tamer than F.S. and I was unprepared even after reading said note for the... graphic depiction of said scene. Had I read the AN more clearly instead of skimming it and getting into the meat of the story I would have probably been far less disturbed when the time came or just skipped the story completely.

Any bias I have over the story and it's Author are based entirely on the effect of said depicted event and don't really reflect the Author or the Story for the people who enjoy that kind of story. It just disturbed me to the point I had a hard time focusing for a few hours.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#28 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (TikiTDO @ Aug 19 2007, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not going to say much about the actual purpose of the thread, let's just say I don't agree with it at all and leave it at that. What really concerns me is the hate some of these authors are receiving in here.

Thanks.

That is a good point and thanks for the reminder about the rules. There's a difference between posting a warning on events in a fanfic and bashing the author for writing those events.

#29 Dart Tension

Dart Tension

I will protect those I care about. No matter what.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, writing, reading fanfics (especially about narusaku), animating, hanging with friends, sneaking up on people, stealing other peoples' food, and meeting new people.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Mar 9 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rokudaime's chapter 20

Not entirely sure if Sakura did go all the way with Itachi, but it's kind of implied there; I'm waiting for more info on that on whether she gave 'it' up or not to him.

Another story is called Waiting by Green Hot Jalepeno Peppers (or something like that)

I'm not going to put this in spoiler tags because it's right in the first chapter; Sakura is portrayed as a slut and for over 10 years she's been sleeping around Konoha because Sasuke broke her 'adolescent heart' when he left her. The story starts her off already in someones bed, and it ain't Naruto's.

What really irritates me is how Naruto's character is portrayed; I mean GOD DAMN; people need to realize Naruto ain't going to be an idiot for the rest of his life.

Sakura and Naruto are best friends, and Sakura acknowledges that whenever she's around Naruto she feels like everything's fine, but at the same time the author is putting her in all of these 'off the wall' situations.

That story bothered me for weeks, and no matter what I read or did, I kept thinking about that. It still bugs me to this day :|.

It's so hard to find NaruSaku stories where Sakura isn't portrayed as some girl who would give away herself without thought; unless it involves Naruto happy.gif .

I personally asked the author about the itachi thing and he said no. They didnt get that far so dont worry.
"Life is empty if there's no one to share it with when it's full."
Insanity can be fun!
I'm Extreme Reborn in Live chat! But you don't know that.....
Dedicated, Hardcore, NaruSaku Fan, Current number of narusaku fics that I'm waiting for to finish: ? ( I lost count)

I'm making up for my mistakes.

#30 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:37 AM

it has happened to me only one time... I FOUND OUT THE STORY WAS ACTUALLY SASUSAKU INSTEAD...and the link to the profile of the person who made that story... is a member of this forum (which is why i thought itd be narusaku) we have a spy in our ranks...

#31 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

I've been coming across a lot of NaruSaku fanfics that require Sakura to perform 'kunoichi-only' duties, while attempting to start and or already in a relationship with Naruto.

Either way I found out I hate angst even more than I previously thought...

#32 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Aug 20 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it has happened to me only one time... I FOUND OUT THE STORY WAS ACTUALLY SASUSAKU INSTEAD...and the link to the profile of the person who made that story... is a member of this forum (which is why i thought itd be narusaku) we have a spy in our ranks...

lol spy, we gotta flush him out tongue.gif

QUOTE (Radon @ Aug 20 2007, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been coming across a lot of NaruSaku fanfics that require Sakura to perform 'kunoichi-only' duties, while attempting to start and or already in a relationship with Naruto.

Either way I found out I hate angst even more than I previously thought...

i know what you mean, im not a big fan of angst either, i can tolerate it most of the time, but i just cant stomach some of those stories that base around angst.

I am a happy person and because of that i like to stay happy and read things that wont bring me into a completely depressed state. In other words, i dont want to become the Emo-Duck tongue.gif

#33 TikiTDO

TikiTDO

Σ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:sleep

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

There's actually quite a few people on here that enjoy alternate, even competing pairings. I like Naruto/Temari pairings as much as if not more than Naruto/Sakura and have no problem reading a well written Naruto/Hinata story either. Likewise my distaste of Sasuke/Sakura shares a place with the Kiba/Hinata match-up. Fan fiction does become ever so boring when you read the exact same thing all the time.

I have to agree with your distaste of 'Kunoichi duty' stories though. The few that I have read ended up using it as nothing more than a contrived plot device to force Kunoichi A into random sex with a complete stranger and led to a pointless angst-fest. For some reason I have also never seen the other side of the coin. If Kunoichi can be asked to seduce male targets, then there is no reason Shinobi can't be asked to do the same for females. In fact if we were to assume that the village had no problem forcing the duty on females, then it would naturally stem that males would be no different.

#34 Penandsword1

Penandsword1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

I was reading this fanfic once that started out with a great NaruSaku plot.

They were in love and were about to be marry, too. Mid-way into the story, Sasuke returns home and killed Naruto while Sakura cries and watched on, which led to a seed of hatred planted in her towards Sasuke. Sakura then fights Sasuke, while proclaiming her distaste towards the last Uchiha. She won the battle and avenged Naruto's death, but discovered that the victory left a bitter taste in her mouth. Somehow, during the course of the battle it self, (which if i remember was a few paragraphs to 1 chapter long), she had redeveloped the love and affection she had shown towards Sasuke. She healed Sasuke and told him that she loved him all along and Sasuke returns her affection. Naruto somehow somes back alive and Sakura told him that she wants to break it off with him because she was in love with Sasuke. Naruto nods, smiles and tells Sakura that it was fine by him.

At the end of the story my facial expression was a mixture of these: huh.gif,:blink:,rawr.gif, arg.gif and :headbash:.
That story left me wondering what the heck happened and where did the whole plot go. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't remember the title or the author who wrote it, if anyone had came across a story like this can they kindly inform me of the title so I could put it up here.
From the flight deck before takeoff: I'm only gonna say this once: You have to turn off your laptop, iPod, Game Boy, CD player, BlackBerry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and Halle Berry -- yes, you have to turn her off, too! You have to turn off anything that isn't keeping you alive.

--JetBlue flight, JFK

#35 Samantha

Samantha

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:music of any genre, decaffeinated green tea, books, unexpected thunderstorms, freshly cut grass, sugar-free jello, skinny jeans, close friends, Fitzwilliam Darcy, morals, feminism, stargazing, multi colored socks, running so fast that you swear that you can fly, cloud watching, jumping into rain puddles, purple nail polish, freshly sharpened color pencils, Star Wars marathons, funky sunglasses, movie theatres, summertime, the Beatles, lazy days, daydreaming, 80’s music, history class, scrabble, Dr. Gregory House, photography, broken in converses, volunteering, and art.<br />

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

A lot of people enjoy alernative pairings. Just because someone likes Naruto/Sakura doesn't mean someone can't like Sasuke/Sakura too. I only write Sasuke/Sakura but I'm still a fan of Naruto/Sakura...

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

#36 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Penandsword1 @ Aug 21 2007, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was reading this fanfic once that started out with a great NaruSaku plot.

They were in love and were about to be marry, too. Mid-way into the story, Sasuke returns home and killed Naruto while Sakura cries and watched on, which led to a seed of hatred planted in her towards Sasuke. Sakura then fights Sasuke, while proclaiming her distaste towards the last Uchiha. She won the battle and avenged Naruto's death, but discovered that the victory left a bitter taste in her mouth. Somehow, during the course of the battle it self, (which if i remember was a few paragraphs to 1 chapter long), she had redeveloped the love and affection she had shown towards Sasuke. She healed Sasuke and told him that she loved him all along and Sasuke returns her affection. Naruto somehow somes back alive and Sakura told him that she wants to break it off with him because she was in love with Sasuke. Naruto nods, smiles and tells Sakura that it was fine by him.

At the end of the story my facial expression was a mixture of these: huh.gif,:blink:,rawr.gif, arg.gif and :headbash:.
That story left me wondering what the heck happened and where did the whole plot go. Unfortunately, for the life of me I can't remember the title or the author who wrote it, if anyone had came across a story like this can they kindly inform me of the title so I could put it up here.

now, this is why i hate SasuSaku authors, some really try and ruin naruto as best they can, other times with stories like this, he just magically falls for hinata too.

bah, so stupid.

also on the whole other pairings issue, i like other pairings too, well naruto pairings that is, usually i can only see sakura with naruto, all other sakura pairings kind of suck imo

#37 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:26 AM

It does seem that some authors take Naruto's ability to shrug off everyones hatred and Sasuke's betrayal and mix that into a character that seems to no care no matter what everyone around him does, which is not Naruto.

Yes he has developed a tolerance for avoiding pain but that dosn't mean he dosn't feel rejection.

#38 Penandsword1

Penandsword1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

now, this is why i hate SasuSaku authors, some really try and ruin naruto as best they can, other times with stories like this, he just magically falls for hinata too.

I won't say they want to try to ruin Naruto's character. I think of it as their way of trying to appease both NaruSaku shippers and SasuSaku shippers but they did it poorly because their love for their favorite pairing, i.e. SasuSaku outweighted their want of fairness.

Hinata wasn't in the story at all. If she was and if Naruto automatically falls for Hinata when Sakura broke it off with him at the end, I'll probably be asking the author where he/she get the plot for their story

From the flight deck before takeoff: I'm only gonna say this once: You have to turn off your laptop, iPod, Game Boy, CD player, BlackBerry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and Halle Berry -- yes, you have to turn her off, too! You have to turn off anything that isn't keeping you alive.

--JetBlue flight, JFK

#39 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Penandsword1 @ Aug 22 2007, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't say they want to try to ruin Naruto's character. I think of it as their way of trying to appease both NaruSaku shippers and SasuSaku shippers but they did it poorly because their love for their favorite pairing, i.e. SasuSaku outweighted their want of fairness.

Hinata wasn't in the story at all. If she was and if Naruto automatically falls for Hinata when Sakura broke it off with him at the end, I'll probably be asking the author where he/she get the plot for their story

nah what i meant was, there are other stories where he falls for hinata, example, 1 story i saw on ff.net had this plot:

naruto and sakura are engaged, sasuke comes back and wants sakura, angst ahead, a few chapters before end of story SasuSaku happens, then like 2nd last chapter NaruHina came out of nowhere, just so naruto had someone. Those are idiotic stories. Another funny thing was his summary said NaruSakuSasu, so some NaruSaku fans didnt stay away from it (bad idea on there part) so when SasuSaku happened, he got flamed badly (especially for the NaruHina out of nowhere part), so he made another chapter complaining about the flames he recieved. Im surprised he didnt expect it, considering i dont think he outright dismissed NaruSaku being able to happen, just so he could get more reviews probably. I HATE jackasses who do that.

#40 Samantha

Samantha

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:music of any genre, decaffeinated green tea, books, unexpected thunderstorms, freshly cut grass, sugar-free jello, skinny jeans, close friends, Fitzwilliam Darcy, morals, feminism, stargazing, multi colored socks, running so fast that you swear that you can fly, cloud watching, jumping into rain puddles, purple nail polish, freshly sharpened color pencils, Star Wars marathons, funky sunglasses, movie theatres, summertime, the Beatles, lazy days, daydreaming, 80’s music, history class, scrabble, Dr. Gregory House, photography, broken in converses, volunteering, and art.<br />

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

I have to admit that a lot of Sasuke/Sakura writers like to throw Naruto out of the picture as quickly and efficiently as possible in most fanfictions. This usually entails either: Naruto dating Hinata (which is a fair pairing if written in the right context), Naruto dying, or Sakura getting a huge fight with Naruto and claiming they were never friends. Most of the time though decent Sasuke/Sakura writers will put Naruto in the story, and just add a sub-plot concerning him. You guys shouldn't group together Sasuke/Sakura writers though because most have potential, and are pretty fair in Naruto's case.

Just something to think about: Notice how all the things that you guys are talking about (killing off Naruto, Sakura breaking up with Naruto, Naruto becoming a jackass) are frequently used plots in Naruto/Sakura fanfiction's just Sasuke is the one that is getting the short end of the stick.

Well, I better start running, I just defended Sasuke and Sasuke/Sakura writers I'm expecting some flamers/bashers soon enough. omfg.gif I fear for my life.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users