• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

I'm looking for suggestions for a new anime to acquire. I've seen the basics the DB series, YuYu Hakusho, Naruto (obviously ^^), Bleach, every incarnation of the street fighter animes, the fatal fury movies, Rurouni Kenshin, Guyver (granted that's more monster/sci fi stuff) Umm...that's all i can think of at this time.

But if any of you know some series to suggest I'm all ears. If you need questions answered to help narrow down the scope of my search feel free to respond to ask. Thanks guys! ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

Right here =3

Highly highly recommend this anime for you to watch =D

#3 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

Well, it depends on your tastes (although I love most anime of your listing), but...

I recommend Saint Seiya and Fist of North Star/Hokuto no Ken. They are somewhat old and maybe a bit bloody for some people (and I don't recommend watching Saint Seiya American dub. It was awfully censored), but they are some of my favorite series.

Ranma 1/2 and Ronin Warriors are also reat.

If you want a newer series, I have begun watching/reading Claymore, and it is good so far.

Mm... that is all what I can think of for now. I will try remember more series later.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#4 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

I think most of the 'fighting' anime I've seen involve demons or supernatural features. Let's start off with something more traditional: Blade of the Immortal. I've read several volumes of the manga and had a look at a few episodes of the anime (13 episodes total, completed). Going back to aforementioned supernatural stuff, I hope you've watched D.Gray-man. Granted, it doesn't have action every single episode but it's still packed with it and allows for good development. Then there's the obvious Fairy Tail, One Piece... I think I'm missing something. D:

#5 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

I think most of the 'fighting' anime I've seen involve demons or supernatural features. Let's start off with something more traditional: Blade of the Immortal.

Gee, how could I have forgotten about Blade of Inmortal?

Ninja Scroll is another anime worthy of being watched.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#6 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

Fist of the North Star, Ronin Warriors, and Ninja Stroll have been watched, but I'll take Blade of the Immortal ftw ^^ Most of the Old school stuff have been watched.

Also Sakura Blossums, never heard of that show, diffidently gonna watch it. ^^

I will also comment that, I usually don't watch the american dub of anything. There are few exceptions. Cowboy Bebop, the various Tenchi series, Outlaw Star was ok, Gundam Wing, but mostly I prefer the Japanese Voices. The dub version of DBZ cured me of that. T_T

Edited by No WhereMan, 15 February 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Feb 15 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also Sakura Blossums, never heard of that show, diffidently gonna watch it. ^^

Yosh! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did a_thumbs.gif

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well let's also add these:

Virtua Fighter (if you can't find it, ask me and I'll try my best to give you the entire series that is available, both is English and Japanese voiceovers)
Tekken the Movie
Hajime no Ippo

EDIT:

I forgot to mention Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge OVA (also known as Vampire Hunter/Darkstalkers 2).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

Do you want strictly Martial Arts or a little variation?
  • Tenjho Tenge is pretty decent and has some ecchi to go along with it.
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam is great. It isn't your typical Gundam series having no real politics/drama/angst, just pure action.
  • Sengoku Basara is fist pumping action during the Japanese feudal Era. PUT YA GUNS ON!
  • Rosario + Vampire if you want romance + action. Not the best fighting, but hey can't beat monster girls kicking ass. (EDIT: Note DO NOT watch the horrid anime, the manga is way superior)
This upcoming Spring season has a few good shows coming out that you might be interested in since you're a big comic book fan. Here is chartfag's list.
  • Iron Man is easily looking to be the best anime of the season.
  • Heroman seems odd but you can't go wrong with a BONES and Stan Lee combination.
  • Ring ni Kakero 1..I swear the main guy looks like Kenichi. It's being made by Toei so it's definitely something to be checked out.
  • Street Fighter IV OVA is in late April...but oh God its being made by Gonzo?! FFFFFF it will suck...but hey you'll get plenty of fan service and Cammy ass shots if that makes up for it!
Hope that helps.

#10 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 15 2010, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you want strictly Martial Arts or a little variation?
  • Tenjho Tenge is pretty decent and has some ecchi to go along with it.
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam is great. It isn't your typical Gundam series having no real politics/drama/angst, just pure action.
  • Sengoku Basara is fist pumping action during the Japanese feudal Era. PUT YA GUNS ON!
  • Rosario + Vampire if you want romance + action. Not the best fighting, but hey can't beat monster girls kicking ass. (EDIT: Note DO NOT watch the horrid anime, the manga is way superior)
This upcoming Spring season has a few good shows coming out that you might be interested in since you're a big comic book fan. Here is chartfag's list.
  • Iron Man is easily looking to be the best anime of the season.
  • Heroman seems odd but you can't go wrong with a BONES and Stan Lee combination.
  • Ring ni Kakero 1..I swear the main guy looks like Kenichi. It's being made by Toei so it's definitely something to be checked out.
  • Street Fighter IV OVA is in late April...but oh God its being made by Gonzo?! FFFFFF it will suck...but hey you'll get plenty of fan service and Cammy ass shots if that makes up for it!
Hope that helps.

I've been trying to find a good spot that has a torrent for Tenjho Tenge but not finding much luck. I've kept up with both the anime and the manga of Rosario + Vampire (go mizore!) In regards of their comparison, i just take the anime for what it is, a light hearted fanservice comedy. The manga is more serious and has a lot more character development. Gundam's without politics just doesn't seem like Gundam to me for some reason. I'll have to keep an eye out for the shows you said were on the horizon. I've seen the trailer for ironman and i thought it was cool. Reminded me of a lot of mecha or powersuit type anime but what can you do. Thanks for the suggestions guy's i have a boatload of anime downloading ^^

#11 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:03 AM

I recommend One Piece! I started reading the manga yesterday, and it's really good. I saw a few episodes of the anime, but I prefer reading the manga. But it's really good, you should try watching or reading it. (Though there are too many chapters sweatdrop.gif)

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 15 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right here =3

Highly highly recommend this anime for you to watch =D

That was the first anime that came to my mind as well, the second one being the one from where signature belongs to Fairy Tail. Both well worth watching.

Others um...Busou Renkin? I've heard Hunter X Hunter is good, not watched it myself yet but my friends swear Naruto ripped off allot of stuff from this show. We have Soul Eater, great show crap ending, Needless, not great but worth a watch. can't remember any more at the moment.

Edited by harry4e, 16 February 2010 - 07:09 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

I actually have Soul Eater downloaded and have been watching it. It's weird but funny. I also have 98% downloaded for Fairy Tail

Edited by No WhereMan, 16 February 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#14 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

I recomend DBZ

#15 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Feb 16 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recomend DBZ

As stated in the opening topic DB has already been covered. I was watching DBZ when it was only out in RAW Japanese or English Subs

Edited by No WhereMan, 16 February 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#16 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

sorry that was the good days thow how about gundom wing

Edited by SS3 Goku, 16 February 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#17 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Feb 16 2010, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been trying to find a good spot that has a torrent for Tenjho Tenge but not finding much luck. I've kept up with both the anime and the manga of Rosario + Vampire (go mizore!) In regards of their comparison, i just take the anime for what it is, a light hearted fanservice comedy. The manga is more serious and has a lot more character development. Gundam's without politics just doesn't seem like Gundam to me for some reason. I'll have to keep an eye out for the shows you said were on the horizon. I've seen the trailer for ironman and i thought it was cool. Reminded me of a lot of mecha or powersuit type anime but what can you do. Thanks for the suggestions guy's i have a boatload of anime downloading ^^

Yeah I've searched but I can't find anything for Tenjho Tenge. I guess since it's old and not very popular it'll be very hard to find, even with decent seeds.

And though G Gundam isn't your typical Gundam show, it is still highly entertaining in terms of action and just pure "kick ass". I'd say if the first five episodes don't catch your interest then you could pass it by, but I'd definitely check it out biggrin.gif

#18 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

Another series to try out is Mahou Sensei Negima.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#19 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

If your to going to watch Tenjo Tenge, i'd say for you to read the manga even though you asked for anime here, other than that I'd recomend IkkiTousen even if it has a lot of Ecchi it also contains good fights in my opinion, though you may have seen it already.

P.S: Try Seikon no Qwaser you might like it.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 19 February 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

I forgot that Samurai Shodown has an anime as well. Even Nakoruru has an anime (but only for 1 episode, not sure it has fighting).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users