13 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:29 PM

The 20th of the month some times just sneaks...Pffffff HAHAHAHAHA.

Summary Time: Chapter 60, A Place to Belong...well clearly looking at ikemoto's design style, he belongs in a nuthouse.

Cover page is Moe...God, even I hope that is not the actual color layout for this character. He apparently has amber eyes that actually look like the rock. His hair is some blue-greenish disaster with bubble gum pink highlights. Honestly, Ikemoto should just stick with black hair for his characters. He clearly has no sense of taste for character deign especially their hair.

Chapter starts off with Shikamaru and Sai discussing Punk's belt claw power to hype it up. Apparently, there have been these belt marks showing up around the walls of the village now, as well as the other hidden villages as well, and they are trying to figure out how to deal with it. "Is it a sign of preparing for an attack or is he just kittening with us?" Oh Ibiki there too. Nail watches them from Naruto's monument head.

Continuing from last chapter the clone continues to ask Madoc what he plans to do once he restores Nail's karma. To shut her up and get her to finally stop asking he says, "its a personal matter that he will only share with Nail." The clone looks at a container that looks like it is housing someone. I'm guessing Madoc's third kid or his wife. Also, she starts asking about that and he tells her to leave.

Moe is piggy back riding on Punk to annoy him. Punk shows off more of his power. He can drag people through the belt marks but only one at a time. He also notes that Moe has no control over his reflection power and it is always active. Punk asks Moe to explain his powers but Hime tells him not to. They also hint that Hime may have other abilities besides attraction and clairvoyance. God every time Moe has a panel he looks awful why does Ikemoto keep making kid designs he can't use properly.

Nail is at a convenience store. Civilians stare at him because rumors are starting to spread about him.

Bolt takes his pills and Hinata finally appeared again (after about 20 chapters) with that still awful hairstyle asking where Nail is since he hasn't come back for dinner. Naruto finds Nail on his head. They talk about how Nail feels like he is an outsider in the village. Naruto calls him his son, clearly the one he actually likes and cares about. A panel to focus on the fixed flower vase to symbolize...something. Family focus time to please the nH fans, it only took 60 months for around 8 pages, and it still mainly about Nail becoming part of the family. Naruto gives Nail a headband of his own. Apparently, its Bolt's because he is wearing Sasuke's when they bother to remember that it has a slash across it. They agree that its a loaner till he becomes a full fledged ninja. Apparently, Naruto and Nail are still share a room instead of Naruto and Hinata.

All Naruto's speechifying I've been glossing over convinces Nail to get Karma again. So we are back on track for Naruto's death, "choo choo," I say.

Next chapter August 18.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 July 2021 - 04:20 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:56 PM

On to Dragon Ball Super. Vegeta and Chrono Trigger have a chat. Vetega tries to explain that they don't work for Freeza anymore. He doesn't believe him. He points out that both him and Goku were children when his planet was invade and had nothing to do with the invasion. He does care because he wants revenge on all Saiyans.

Chrono Trigger keeps saying he is the strongest so Vegeta decides to kitten with him by having him destroy the remain of his old town. This proves to Vegeta that Chrono only recently acquired his power and doesn't have the combat experience to use it properly in battle. He also point out that ranking as the strongest don't matter since that was only a moment in time and Vegeta during the battle is steadily becoming stronger. In fact that battle is getting his blood lust pumping because this fight has no meaning behind it beside just fighting to him. This allows him to enter into his God of Destruction form.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 July 2021 - 08:02 PM.

#3 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:40 PM

Okay the naruto calling kawaki son part I actually kinda like, since this feels in character for naruto to help him feel welcoming and not alone and feel like an outcast. However everything else was the standard meh.

Honestly code or at least an ally should just have some teleportanting/warping ability, since the belts are too easy to monitor when he will show up or give time to analyse for a weakens.

The little brothers powers are too broken, not sure what the weakness it could have be also it feels more godlike than cyber powered. I thought ada isn't a fighter so what other powers can she have?

Well guess we know know why boruto still has sasuke's headband by the first chapter. I love how everyone's response to naruto has failed to do as hokage such as the rain village and making the truth of the uhchia massacre public from his conversation to kawaki.

Also seem the boruto is an infinite tsukuyomi theory has popped up again.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 20 July 2021 - 09:43 PM.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:08 PM

Okay the naruto calling kawaki son part I actually kinda like, since this feels in character for naruto to help him feel welcoming and not alone and feel like an outcast. However everything else was the standard meh.

Honestly code or at least an ally should just have some teleportanting/warping ability, since the belts are too easy to monitor when he will show up or give time to analyse for a weakens.

The little brothers powers are too broken, not sure what the weakness it could have be also it feels more godlike than cyber powered. I thought ada isn't a fighter so what other powers can she have?

Well guess we know know why boruto still has sasuke's headband by the first chapter. I love how everyone's response to naruto has failed to do as hokage such as the rain village and making the truth of the uhchia massacre public from his conversation to kawaki.

That theory never seems to ever truly go away. Says something about that a large part of the audience is just hoping the story is just some dream so they real better story can happen once it ends.

The only problems I have with this is one) it all just set up so Naruto can be tragically killed by/because of Nail, and two) he should be having this relationship with Salad as she is the one that wants to be the next hokage.

The belt appears when he slashes at so all he has to do is swipe his hand in the general direction of someone to put a belt on them no physical contact needed. It was clearly made to have an obvious weakness the belt has to be one or near a person to be worth and thing, while also being dangerous. As in, "haha you thought you didn't have any of my belts on you but it turns on their was on one your back this whole time." Gasp. Shock. Horror.

I assume his weakness is he can be injured by attacks that aren't directly targeting him like area of effect attacks. Just as Hime's weakness would be a person who can kill someone they love. Which any ninja should be able to do.

Again, technically he has been wearing it ever since he got it. Ikemoto just hasn't bother to put that slash mark on most of the time.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 July 2021 - 11:08 PM.

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:21 PM

I have no issues with Naruto wanting  an ostracized orphan to feel loved, but I don't see why that makes it okay for him to continuously feel that he can take his relationship with Boruto and Himawari for granted by comparison just because he's alive and has Hinata raising them. ( It's merely a bug bear for me personally because I've seen my share of neglectful or workaholic parents) But correct me if he's actually spending tome or bonding with them. Nothing to say on the abilities of "Moe Punk, and Hime" because while they sound interesting I really am not emotionally invested to actually put any thought process into it. 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:47 AM

I have no issues with Naruto wanting  an ostracized orphan to feel loved, but I don't see why that makes it okay for him to continuously feel that he can take his relationship with Boruto and Himawari for granted by comparison just because he's alive and has Hinata raising them. ( It's merely a bug bear for me personally because I've seen my share of neglectful or workaholic parents) But correct me if he's actually spending tome or bonding with them. Nothing to say on the abilities of "Moe Punk, and Hime" because while they sound interesting I really am not emotionally invested to actually put any thought process into it. 

Even if you consider them interesting ideas for powers. They are not being used that interestingly.

On its own the relationship is fine. But then you have to add in His and Bolt relationship and how they had to spend years on Bolt's daddy issues because he was neglecting the family. As for leaving the rasing of the children with Hinata. Some families do that it may not always work out but the ones that do try figuring out early. Hinata has known Naruto wanted to be hokage as along as she had known him. How were they not able to adjust to something they should have been preparing their whole lives?

Also again he should be having a mentoring role with Salad.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:14 AM

Yeah Sarada should be the one under his wing and having that father like relationship with since as you say She wants to be Hokage. Too bad she’s sidelined more often then not, just like Sakura. And agreed, I know there is no innovation on how the powers are used to actually feel engaging, but I already got that feeling from how you described the fights so I felt no need to point it out.

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 July 2021 - 05:21 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:06 AM

As much as I'd love for the horrid ending/burrito to be fake this whole time, I highly doubt it. We're inching towards 10 years since then. At this point, I don't think pulling an infinite tsukuyomi would bring the fans back. Way, way WAY too much damage has been done and it would be like putting a band aid on someone who lost all their limbs. 
Plus we'd need some actual, legit evidence.

Wishing it was an infinite tsukuyomi isn't much of a theory as it is just wishful thinking.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#9 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:14 AM

What if this was all Hinatas infinite tsukuyomi lol and it dragged everyone else into the dream she was having.

#10 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:13 PM

lol, Naruto and Hinata don't sleep together? Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 05:03 PM

lol, Naruto and Hinata don't sleep together? Bwa ha ha ha ha!

That's been the joke since the Hokage inauguration oneshot. You could say last time this happened Naruto in the manga was sharing a room to keep an eye on Nail. Now? It honestly is Naruto sleeps in his study so he doesn't sleep with his wife, and he prefers to share a room with Nail his 'son' instead of his 'wife.'

#12 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 02:11 AM

https://twitter.com/...1471081479?s=19 latest volume cover is out

#13 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 02:22 PM

https://twitter.com/...1471081479?s=19 latest volume cover is out

What's the obsession with over sexualization of underaged girls in this manga? ( I assume that girl is underage, although it still applies to the rest)

Is it the author's obsession or is it the one way to get people to buy the manga?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 04:24 PM

I don't think the age of that girl is clear yet, etheir way it still disturbing.

Also the new chapter is out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users