Close
Photo

the atmosphere.. has changed since i joined......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Honestly. Let me start off by saying that I sort of understand your frustration. And I am in no way bashing anyone's opinion. And I am not asking anyone to change what they think.

That other guy said he was taking a break because .. I dont even remember, but he was mad lol.

Lately, the amount of complaining about the chapters have really been .. Well annoying. I love this site, I joined it because of everyone's different opinions, and the communication between people is great .

But I feel like for the past month it's been less "discuss the chapter and the next chapter" and more "complain about everything kishi is doing wrong.".

Please don't get me wrong. But I think we sometimes forget that kishi publishes on a weekly basis, probably while juggling other projects on the side. and that authors do things for a reason. We honestly have to ask ourselves, why would he purposely kill the quality of the manga just to rush the ending? We don't know what the guy goes through. And I'm sure any artist will agree that, that much work gets tedious.

It's not a bad thing to point out what you think is wrong, or how you think it should go. In fact, I encourage it because how does something grow without addressing the issues?. But I don't think anybody likes to get on, and read complaint after complaint after complaint. After complaint. Why can't we also look at the positive?

Edited by Lodus, 06 August 2014 - 09:21 AM.

tumblr_m6t2spSzKA1qgxo0po1_500.gif

#2 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Also, I DO feel like the quality has dipped a bit.. And there are many moments that I think kishi should have handled better, but don't you Gus think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves when it comes to expectations, actual physical logic, etcetc?

I mean because come on.. Goku has a tail. We read about ninjas who spit fire and walk on water.. I think the logic boat has long sailed.

Nobody has had anything nice to say in a while.. And that's fine if you really feel that way about the new chapters. But is there honestly NOTHING you find likeable now????????????????????

#3 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Don't double post. This is twice I've told you about it. Do it again and I will warn you. If you need to post within six minutes of a previous post, use the edit button instead of double posting.

#4 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Don't double post. This is twice I've told you about it. Do it again and I will warn you. If you need to post within six minutes of a previous post, use the edit button instead of double posting.

... When was the first time ..?

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

It depends.

See some have been complaining for so long that it seems like nothing is written well anymore. Don't get me wrong, not every chapter is pure genius writing, but not every chapter is utter crap either. There are a couple of times where I don't see where the problem is and people say it was bad writing.

This chapter this week was bad writing all together, but this is the first time in a long time I feel it really truly is bad writing and not just personal gripe.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 August 2014 - 11:57 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

... When was the first time ..?

The chapter thread for last week. I'm sorry if you missed it, but please don't double post.

It depends.

See some have been complaining for long that it seems like nothing is written well anymore. Don't get me wrong, not every shapter is pure genius writing, but not every chapter is utter crap either. There are a couple of times where I don't see where the problem is and people say it was bad writing.

This chapter this week was bad writing all together, but this is the first time in a long time I feel it really truly is bad writing and not just personal gripe.

I calls it as I sees it.

#7 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Sorry. I'll definitely try not to let it happen again, Nate.

#8 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

thats why i read the manga monthly and go back if i missed anything good otherwise i let it be

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#9 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'm not going to censor my opinions just because some people might not like what I have to say. Sorry, but I don't see why I should have to. I don't try to put people down who see things differently than myself, and I would like to have the same respect back. All this complaining about complainers has gotten really old.

#10 sakuraharunorealfan

sakuraharunorealfan

Sakura Haruno Naruto's Bae xDD

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:(Pretending 2 be Sakura i lov roleplaying as her cx so just let me xp and just Call Me Sakura or Saku like my Friends Do)NARUSAKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Boyfriend Naruto Uzumaki Smexy fox xD

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

well 2 sum it up 4 me i still say its a great site in total

naruto_animation_by_ladygt-d7gd8ae.gif

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm not going to censor my opinions just because some people might not like what I have to say. Sorry, but I don't see why I should have to. I don't try to put people down who see things differently than myself, and I would like to have the same respect back. All this complaining about complainers has gotten really old.

Agreed. 

I'm sorry that you find that there is too much complaining, but there are people on this forum, including myself, who find that the manga has been really lagging. 

I think it's less of a whine/complain fest and more of a general consensus by a majority that the manga is going in the wrong direction.

I'll take it one step further, because despite a couple good moments, I haven't liked this war arc that much. I've had problems with it since the beginning and at this point I'm coasting along to see how it will end. 

The fact is, no one here is being negative for the sake of being negative, though. We aren't collectively waking up angry at the Naruto manga and just waiting for the next chapter to come out so we can rip it to shreds like sharks waiting for blood in the water.

It's simply people reacting to what they see, and in some people's opinion, what they see isn't very good.

I'll add that H&E hasn't changed that much in terms of its atmosphere. It's still a place with people who support the same pairing and for the most part have similar interests in manga, entertainment, etc. It's just that a majority are upset with the direction Naruto is going.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

I agree with BakeNeko-Chan. People have opinions on a certain chapter then they should be allowed to say it. No matter what you post in a chapter thread, there will always be at least one person who won't like your post. This week gave us one of the worst chapters I've ever read in my entire life out of any manga.

Now I'll say that I haven't had much to complain about in the last year of Naruto. I would say that this war arc has been pretty good. If other members don't like what happens somewhere, then they can disagree with me and say what was wrong with certain areas in this arc.

For example I'll say right now that Kishimoto still treats Sakura as the damsel in distress way too much. Overall I love this manga, but if I hate some parts to it I might say it in the chapter thread. Don't get so down about this place. This week was just bad because Kishimoto let a dead person give Kakashi Susanoo.

And heck... maybe people just really want a NaruSaku moment. When we get one of those, you don't see too much complaining for about 1-2 months no matter what happens. ^^

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#13 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well, some of us are getting tired of Kishi pulling a bunch of ass pulls and dragging the story on and on...and on. Some of us are ready for Naruto to finally com to its end.

#14 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm probably the least critical person in existence when it comes to entertainment media :sweatdrop:

A lot of times I don't notice points of criticism until people point them out, unless it's something more obvious.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#15 vblm

vblm

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

I disagree pretty strongly with the recent criticisms about the obito thing, so I can understand the frustration.

But people cana be as critical as they want. If I were feeling like "man this sucks", I'd no doubt be saying so on one forum or anothor.

#16 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

I'm probably the least critical person in existence when it comes to entertainment media :sweatdrop:

A lot of times I don't notice points of criticism until people point them out, unless it's something more obvious.

I'm going to agree with you 100% I read the chapters and most of the time I'm that one person that loves a chapter that everyone hates ^^' Chapters I dislike are either filled with flash backs or if they focus on characters I'm not fond of. Other then that I like what I read in Naruto, even this last chapter. I thought it was awesome, then I saw how everyone was unhappy and so I left the comments area. I felt a little alienated, since at the time I was one of the only ppl that liked what I read so I was like oh well. I want to point out that I do agree that Kishi hasn't been doing that great of a job especially with Sakura, but I guess I'm more lenient with what I read, but that's just me :D I  also agree with previous posters as well, everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you really can't stand what you see then leave until everyone calms down, at least that's what I do :3 Posting about it isn't going to have that great of an outcome.

Edited by Konohakitten, 06 August 2014 - 10:15 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#17 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

"the atmosphere.. has changed since i joined......"

HS_TaylorEd_09_0.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#18 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

I  also agree with previous posters as well, everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you really can't stand what you see then leave until everyone calms down, at least that's what I do :3 Posting about it isn't going to have that great of an outcome.

I don't think you have to leave if you feel that you enjoyed the chapter more than others. If you enjoyed the chapter, more power to you. Post about why you liked it, that's the beauty of having a forum. At the end of the day it's just a chapter, some people will like it and some won't.

As someone who has written nearly 500 movie reviews, I can tell you I have disagreed heavily sometimes with the general consensus of other film critics. However, I still shared my opinion with many of them and told why I like it and defend it. Or the other way when it's something that I dislike which everyone else loves. 

My point is that no one should feel alienated for having a different opinion, even if it happens to be a minority one. At the end of the day, we are just sharing our thoughts on the chapter we read. No one is coming on here just to be negative or be a "hater."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

I don't think you have to leave if you feel that you enjoyed the chapter more than others. If you enjoyed the chapter, more power to you. Post about why you liked it, that's the beauty of having a forum. At the end of the day it's just a chapter, some people will like it and some won't.

As someone who has written nearly 500 movie reviews, I can tell you I have disagreed heavily sometimes with the general consensus of other film critics. However, I still shared my opinion with many of them and told why I like it and defend it. Or the other way when it's something that I dislike which everyone else loves. 

My point is that no one should feel alienated for having a different opinion, even if it happens to be a minority one. At the end of the day, we are just sharing our thoughts on the chapter we read. No one is coming on here just to be negative or be a "hater."

Oh I do post what I like in chapters, but most of the time I wont stay to defend my reasons for doing so if others don't agree with me, I guess I'm not into discussing chapter material that much ^^; As for my comment, Posting about it isn't going to have that great of an outcome. I was referring to creating a post that was meant to complain about others complaining. I wasn't saying that someone shouldn't post their opinions about their thoughts on a chapter :3 Sorry if I misread what your comment but that's what I was interpreting. Aside from that I do agree that these are just our thoughts, and that's why I said that if things really bother the Original poster then they should just leave instead the comments area and go do something else. Posting on here about how they don't like how things are going with chapter reviews could lead to others feeling insulted for having their own opinions.

Edited by Konohakitten, 07 August 2014 - 12:04 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#20 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

What I still don't get is why some of you still read the manga if you hate it so much? That's what I don't understand. Even worse when some get mad when you bring this option to them calling you out saying you are enticing them, but whatever.

I stopped reading Bleach when it got too ridiculous. Every now and then I try to pick it back up only to find more reasons to put it back down.

Oh I do post what I like in chapters, but most of the time I wont stay to defend my reasons for doing so if others don't agree with me, I guess I'm not into discussing chapter material that much ^^; As for my comment, Posting about it isn't going to have that great of an outcome. I was referring to creating a post that was meant to complain about others complaining. I wasn't saying that someone shouldn't post their opinions about their thoughts on a chapter :3 Sorry if I misread what your comment but that's what I was interpreting. Aside from that I do agree that these are just our thoughts, and that's why I said that if things really bother the Original poster then they should just leave instead the comments area and go do something else. Posting on here about how they don't like how things are going with chapter reviews could lead to others feeling insulted for having their own opinions.

Bolded: Can't that be applied to everyone though regardless of where you stand? Like I said above, to some that absolutely been hating this manga for the past year and a half, why not just drop it and not come to the forum anymore? If people are tired of people complaining about them complaining then they are only adding to ever lasting complaining circle and thus can be said that instead of complaining about the complainer of people who are complaining they should just let them be and have their own opinion. (I have gone cross eyed.) Also, if you think about it, everyone is feeling the exact same way. Kind of funny and ironic how we all have the same feelings, but we are on two different sides of the fence.

It is forever a complaining loop.

We have to end the circle of complaining.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 August 2014 - 12:14 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users