Close
Photo

whose more popular in japan, sakura or hinata?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ok, as we know, sakura's overall popularity poll beats hinata through the roof, adding up with the most recent poll, the seventh one, sakura finished sixth place with the total of 11, 550 votes, hinata isn't even in the top ten.

But as of now, in japan, whose more popular? Is sakura hated in japan? Or is it the exact opposite?

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#2 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think Sakura is a lot more popular in Japan. Or so I read somewhere here.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#3 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

As far as I researched she is very well-loved and popular and it's actually a sign of beauty for Japanese people. smile.gif

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

I think Sakura is loved in Japan, but they're probably just disappointed in her lack of screentime.

Edited by sushi., 11 May 2013 - 07:26 PM.

ナルサク

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Sakura is actually QUITE Popular in Japan. smile.gif She always places high on popularity polls and they always make Sakura merchandise. It is only in the west that she is hated because of cultural differences. The west do not understand nor appreciate the concept of tsunderes and probably her "going for the bad boy" kind of ticked off many female fans who got burned by such guys. Maybe. That is just my assumption. There could be a variety of reasons but they (her haters) also call her weak, which is not justified because their PRECIOUS MOE PRINCESS (aka Hyuuga Hinata) does no better in actual fights, this is truth in the manga. I believe Hinata only got more votes than her only once and that was because of the pain arc where she grew a back bone. A a suicidal and incredibly foolish backbone but a backbone non the less. Not insulting her,but we all agree that though what she did was kind of noble it was still not her brightest plan nor was it really helping in the long run.

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 11 2013, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the last official poll (released during the chapters of Team 10 vs Asuma) Hinata was in 10th place while Sakura was in 12th. But that could always change so you never know.

If you're bringing it up because of pairings you have to remember that sometimes people like a character just for the sake of the character and not because of who they think she'll end up with.

What I'm sure of is that the Sakura hate is more of an issue outside of Japan. I'm sure the majority of people in Japan either like or simply feel ok with her character. If she wasn't liked Road to Ninja could've maybe been a failure considering she was the co-protagonist of the movie.

I'm aware of that. But what I say has nothing to do with pairings, I am giving my views on why Sakura is not so popular in the west.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 May 2013 - 03:48 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

In the last official poll (released during the chapters of Team 10 vs Asuma) Hinata was in 10th place while Sakura was in 12th. But that could always change so you never know.

If you're bringing it up because of pairings you have to remember that sometimes people like a character just for the sake of the character and not because of who they think she'll end up with.

What I'm sure of is that the Sakura hate is more of an issue outside of Japan. I'm sure the majority of people in Japan either like or simply feel ok with her character. If she wasn't liked Road to Ninja could've maybe been a failure considering she was the co-protagonist of the movie.

#7 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Road to Ninja was actually the most liked movie and had the most income out of all movies.

#8 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Wow, I knew I couod count on you guys for some badass posts! And yeah I also heard that sakura is very popular in japan, and as chatte says "a sign of beauty"

And I really dont care about what the west thinks about sakura, all I care about is the japanese fandom, since thats kishis audiance, the ones that actually matter, (not that we dont matter)

Thanks guys!

Also, a chinese friend of mines told me there was cosplaying going on in their school by a bunch of japanese naruto otakus, and she said that sakura is REALLY popular, even in china, and shes not even a naruto fan!

Say, does anyine know when the next popularity poll will take place?

Edited by Canadian_DJ, 11 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#9 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 11 2013, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If she wasn't liked Road to Ninja could've maybe been a failure considering she was the co-protagonist of the movie.

That didn't make a lick of sense. RTN has been the most successful naruto movie and has gotten more positive reviews than any of the others combined.

Edited by kidNinja, 11 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#10 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Haven't you seen the cosplays? Japan always play as NS while in Western, most of them cosplay as SS/NH. Simple as that.

#11 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ May 11 2013, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't you seen the cosplays? Japan always play as NS while in Western, most of them cosplay as SS/NH. Simple as that.

I assume most of us are westerners why aren't we sharing the same opinion with the rest? Are we PARIAHS? Jokes aside, I don't see that much of a cultural difference regarding Sakura's character. Out of all she is the most down to earth and interesting of all the characters in Naruto, something that also western culture has. Or maybe...

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ May 11 2013, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well actually, at least in NYCC, it's more of Akatsuki (mainly Itachi, Tobi, Pain, and sometimes Kisame), Naruto, and Sasuke.i don't remember seeing a female character, though Konan I saw but I include her in Akatsuki list.

#13 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ May 11 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, hehe im not a fan of cospalys, but yeah your right.

#14 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

you really only need to look at the popularity polls in Jump weekly.

Sakura has consistently placed higher in those polls then Hinata save once and that was immediately after her confession.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ May 11 2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you really only need to look at the popularity polls in Jump weekly.

Sakura has consistently placed higher in those polls then Hinata save once and that was immediately after her confession.

Actually, she had beaten Sakura twice... one in Part 1 (during Chuunin Exams) and the recent one (confession). Sakura jumped higher whenever Hinata isn't around. But overall, Sakura is the most popular female of the series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 13 2013, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, she had beaten Sakura twice... one in Part 1 (during Chuunin Exams) and the recent one (confession). Sakura jumped higher whenever Hinata isn't around. But overall, Sakura is the most popular female of the series.

An interesting thing I noted about that Chunin exams poll is that Sakura was all the way down in 14th place and still Kishi chose to draw all the characters up to her in the usual color spread that announces the winners. I think it's usually only the first 10 or 12.

I get the feeling that no matter how less popular Sakura was at the time Kishi wanted her to appear in that popularity spread. Maybe it has to do with her being Team 7, but I think Kishi just doesn't want people to think she's not liked.

#17 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Can someone explain to me what cultural divides cause Sakura to be more popular in Japan while NH/SS are the most popular couples in the West? What makes Western Culture prefer NH/SS over NS?

#18 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ May 13 2013, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone explain to me what cultural divides cause Sakura to be more popular in Japan while NH/SS are the most popular couples in the West? What makes Western Culture prefer NH/SS over NS?

Japan likes their tsunderes. But people from other countries might just think they're irritating.

#19 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ May 13 2013, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Japan likes their tsunderes. But people from other countries might just think they're irritating.

I dont think so i think it's more connected to SS, since it has the biggest fanbase on Japan, SS scored the first while NS was second place.( that poll which is old)

About Tsunderes, recently we had a pool of best heroine on mangas/anime, and the character who won was Rei from Evangelion, Sakura from Naruto didnt get a single vote, Rei isnt even a tsundere and she's not even an heroine she was the cause of the destruction of the world btw in contrast to the "heroine" which is a Tsundere.

last year there was a poll about whose heroines the Japanese guys think we foreigners would like.

http://cobs.jp/enque...13/01/19_3.html
Source.
http://www.ricedigit...-we-would-like/
English.

Sakura inst even noticed.

And finnaly on NHK's best heroine poll

http://www.animenews...sults-announced

Also no Sakura.( On this year)

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 May 2013 - 12:23 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#20 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

What are the results of the latest poll? (For everybody from 1-whatever it goes to)
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users