#1 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

In a movie that is said to be focusing in Holmes's martial prowess and Watson's former soldier skills as much as it'd be focusing on Holmes's inhuman intellect and possibly Watson's womanizing abilities. Thoughts? Comments?

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:29 AM

This is NOT Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes has always been about the mental side of things. The preview shows it to be nothing but fights and explosions.

Oh, and Holmes getting stripped naked because he's a depraved pervert? Damnit, does no one research anything anymore? Holmes was a DRUG addict, not a SEX addict.

And Robert Downey Jr. may be the worst actor possible for Holmes, short of Keanu Reeves.

I am literally angry with rage!

#3 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And once again... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

Eh, I haven't seen of anyone as odd and quirky as Robert Downey Jr., maybe Johnny Depp. Besides, even if it wasn't prevalent in the books, Holmes is a proficient fighter. Though I find it odd that Irene Adler may have an attraction to Holmes?

#5 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

This reminds me of Shanghai Knights with Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan. Except it wasn't a mystery/thriller genre so the action/comedy fit well.

This Sherlock Homes seems way out of character. Replacing clever wit with things that go boom? I am disappointed.

#6 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 21 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, I haven't seen of anyone as odd and quirky as Robert Downey Jr., maybe Johnny Depp.

THISPLZ (well maybe not the way you meant. I see Depp as a better Holmes, thus the this-ing XD and omfg, I can't wait for Public Enemies |D

eh well, all of what Gravy said is pretty much spot on how I feel about this movie =/ Though they got Rachel McAdams so... Ah well, 94% of me still goes with the rage up a few posts; Dear watson Holmes is very OOC, yes? emoticon_monocle.gif

#7 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

Booooo bbbbbbbboooooo again booooo

This is NOT Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes has always been about the mental side of things. The preview shows it to be nothing but fights and explosions.

Oh, and Holmes getting stripped naked because he's a depraved pervert? Dammit, does no one research anything anymore? Holmes was a DRUG addict, not a SEX addict.

And Robert Downey Jr. may be the worst actor possible for Holmes, short of Keanu Reeves.

#8 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

...Hmmm, there seems to be a case of deja vu here, my dear Watson... emoticon_monocle.gif

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ May 22 2009, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Hmmm, there seems to be a case of deja vu here, my dear Watson... emoticon_monocle.gif

I just coped and pasted what KungFuTruffle said because it was what I was going to say.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 22 May 2009 - 01:22 PM.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 22 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just coped and pasted what KungFuTruffle said because it was what I was going to say.

Yes, and you have a habit of doing that a lot, and it makes people feel a bit...put out, because it's almost like you're plagiarizing ^^

I understand that you have a learning disorder, but at the same time please don't copy paste other people's posts as you're own, just to avoid others feeling plagiarized. Thanks happy.gif

#11 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

This isn't Sherlock Homes.

THIS ISN'T SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!!

*breaks his monocle and breaks some stuff*

Make me the next Sherlock Holmes H&E. I got a drug addiction relating to morphine , I'm sociopath and I get mad easily. Also I like slapping some people.

NOW SAVE WHAT REMAINS OF MY CHILDHOOD , VOTE FOR YAKA. VOTE...

SHERLOCK HOLMES.

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 1 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and you have a habit of doing that a lot, and it makes people feel a bit...put out, because it's almost like you're plagiarizing ^^

I understand that you have a learning disorder, but at the same time please don't copy paste other people's posts as you're own, just to avoid others feeling plagiarized. Thanks happy.gif

I will try my best to remember not to do it any more.

#13 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

I'll still see it, but I wont be happy about it...

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#14 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

quite interesting. biggrin.gif i hope the storyline is good enough for me to enjoy it.

Edited by jacm, 02 June 2009 - 05:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users