234 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Gah, Kishimoto trollin'! Leaving out the 'find a girl like your mother' line on purpose... That highlights what I hate the most about the romantic development he writes >.<

But Gai was hilarious. He looked kinda funky in a few panels, but I do love the eyelashes XD

LOL Kisame-sword. He can fly~!

#22 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

Leaf Boulder Buster!

Between Naruto chasing him, Gai smashing the crap out of him, and Bee rapping. I think Kisame is gonna get owned.

#23 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Aug 4 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gah, Kishimoto trollin'! Leaving out the 'find a girl like your mother' line on purpose... That highlights what I hate the most about the romantic development he writes >.<

But Gai was hilarious. He looked kinda funky in a few panels, but I do love the eyelashes XD

i kinda have to disagree kish did not totally troll if you follow what was said last chapter as you said on purpose its left out. as catsi pointed out kish has the pink hair girl in mind thats not hard to see
from my pov wink.gif

Edited by hypno toad, 04 August 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#24 Tenten

Tenten

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Being a stronger kunoichi, fortune telling, eating Chinese food.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Kudos to Gai-sensei for Leaf Boulder Buster. He actually looks cool here.

#25 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (hypno toad @ Aug 4 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i kinda have to disagree kish did not totally troll if you follow what was said last chapter as you said on purpose its left out. as catsi pointed out kish has the pink hair girl in mind thats not hard to see
from my pov wink.gif

There is no absolute, undeniable proof that it is Sakura, that is the thing. To us it seems obvious, but at the same time it could mean completely nothing. The fact that out of all the things Kushina told Naruto that the one revolving around pairings was specifically left out says a lot to me. It says Kishi is quite happy with stringing everyone along without actually confirming anything, which is what I hate the most about the romance. At some point he will have ruined all the pairings unless he can get serious about the one he intends. I understand why he does it, but that doesn't make for very good or consistent writing, in my opinion.

#26 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Aug 4 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As soon as I saw the panel where he took off I was like "HOSNAP is he flying? No waaaaaaay."

Not a bad chapter, considering we just came out of an emotionally charged situation--the transition into humor and action was done pretty well.

As for Super Saiyan Naruto: it's about time. Glad to see him finally get some power-ups, and to see that his ability to use them (or not: I STOMPED TOO HARD) is slightly more realistic than when others get random boosts of awesome.

And while I can understand why Kishi didn't add a response to the "girl like me" part of the "Mommy says" speech..... I still really wanted to see it arg.gif
I swear, as soon as I saw that the chapter started right off the bat with Naruto responding to each and every aspect of Kushina's advice, my heartbeat shot through the roof.

Me: OMG Kishi's gonna throw us a huge frickin' bone!
*one boneless minute later*
OH WHAT THE HELL arg.gif

But, as others have mentioned, it's probably because he means to really deliver later with Sakura directly involved. ......Hopefully.

Oh, and Gai-sensei: you make me giggle all over the place. You're a barrel of laughs and I love you <3

#27 tojot

tojot

Day of Sagittarius

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

Super-Naruto is cool. Guy is funny.

I have a feeling that I am going to get shot for this. Oh well, might as well voice my concerns.

Wouldn't Karin be more like Kushina than Sakura? huh.gif

Please people, prove me wrong! arg.gif

#28 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

Similar, yes, though lacking in quite a few chapters of development. We've seen Karin acknowledge Naruto's presence in all of what, 2 or 3 chapters? Not nearly enough time, even Hinata has several times that.

My favorite line was definitely the Yellow Flash one. I really hope they use that in the official trans.

#29 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 4 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually this page says that the Rikudo sage 'aura' thing is what happens when accessing the Kyuubi's chakra. The demon cloak is probably part of his repertoire and what's probably shrouding him anyway.

And at @harry4e: My theory is that because the Kyuubi is basically just composed of chakra, Naruto's separation of Kyuubi from its chakra 'purified' it, returning it to its base form as an energy found surrounding, and binding all living things together in nature.

I think that it's just accessing only a little bit of the nine tails chakra and concentrating. He's not getting the hole amount of chakra. He could gain more power by either becoming friends with the nine tails (like Bee and the eight tails), getting the other half of the nine tails in Naruto, or both. It just doesn't make sense to show Killer Bee do that version 1 and version 2 thing and not make it so Naruto can do it in substitute for something completely different. I don't care how cool it is, I'd rather see Naruto turning demon cloak version 1 and demon cloak version 2 instead of some glorified Ninja Jesus Mode which should of stayed as an effect of the seal. Hopefully it's just a prototype of the demon cloak due to it being only half of the nine tails chakra and the tailed beast and jinchuriki not being on good terms with the tailed beast being confined in a small cage.

#30 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (tojot @ Aug 4 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't Karin be more like Kushina than Sakura? huh.gif

Please people, prove me wrong! arg.gif

She's similar in that she's outspoken and known to react physically to things that rile her--much like Kushina. But as for her personality in general? I'd say they differ greatly in their nuances. Whereas Karin's tomboyish nature is obvious in her aggressiveness, and offset by her outbursts of fangirlish sweetness, Kushina's tomboyish nature was evident in how she seemed embarrassed to delve into her falling in love with Minato when Naruto asked--showing that romance, something girls are generally known to be more "naturally" inclined to, wasn't something Kushina readily thought to discuss. *shrug* To me Karin's personality is a little too....thought out to really be comparable to Kushina's much more honest and forthwith personality.
(I say "thought out" meaning she puts a little more thought into how she'll behave, how it might benefit her, how others perceive her, etc.)

@Naruto being referred to as a yellow flash... I found it cool that he's obviously picked up his dad's technique, but I was kind of hoping he'd be the "Orange Flash" to be a little more unique. Not a huge deal though, just my personal preference.

#31 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

GAI-SENSEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD

#32 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

Anyone else up for shark fin soup next week? a_thumbs.gif

Now I'm left wondering. In that form, can Naruto naruto pick up on every type of emotion, or just those of a negative nature (more specifically rage, hatred, evil intent)?

Glad he sent Kisame squirming, though. That's what he gets for threatening to cut our boy's legs off 3 years ago. rawr.gif

Also, don't know about the rest of you, but it definately looked to me like Sakura was eying our boy up well and good. love.gif

And finally, we have Guy. Sometimes, I forget just how much I love this dude. laugh.gif

Edited by Quinny52, 05 August 2010 - 12:32 AM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#33 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

This is off topic, but since everyone's talking about Sakura and stuff...when will Naruto see Sakura again? He's supposed to stay on that island until the war is over (obviously he won't), and when will the readers see her again?

#34 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

Did anyone else think that Sakura and Shikamaru were sort of...seperate from the others in that panel?

Edited by Insurrection, 05 August 2010 - 12:46 AM.

#35 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

Yeah, the picture of his friends...

I'm struck again by how Sakura is drawn in his personal space. The composition here has him sandwiched between Shikamaru and Sakura, the two who are arguably the closest too him right now. (Wasn't Shikamaru slated to be a confidant of sorts to Naruto? Or am I remembering bits from the interview where it was mentioned that Kakashi and Sakura were supposed to have an arc? I'll file that under "Wait and See.")

Anyway, time and time again, Sakura is drawn in his core area. The time with the Kumo nins where he catches her and squats behind her. Him catching her after the Sasuke debacle, her hair so close to chest in the corner of the panel. And the intimate angle she's drawn with her looking up and saying his name. There was a cover or poster where they were both leaping but her angle was coming up through his legs (not sexual. seriously!). It was done with the manga, not a show or movie, otherwise I wouldn't have referenced it. I'll have to find it, though.

But this one has her facing him, and him turning to her. No, it's not confirmation of anything. But it is the most overt illustration of mutual acceptance they've had so far. The line about what kind of girl he'd like has not been played yet, but the visual buildup is there.

Good chapter. The Guy/Kisame thing at the end was a hoot.

#36 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

I saw it, maybe those 2 are to become more important than the others.

----------------
Now playing: Skillet - Would It Matter
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#37 RikutoShika

RikutoShika

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hmm...umm,I like : <br />-Listenin to Music<br />-Reading manga<br />-Watching anime<br />-Hanging out with my friends<br />-Soccer

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

fu.png I feel a lil sorry for poor Kisame,i mean,his discoverd by naruto and in a flash he gets Pwnd by his first atack heheelq7.png And just when he might think that he could get away BLAM Gai blasts him back in again ohboy.png

Edited by RikutoShika, 05 August 2010 - 12:55 AM.

JenvsHenra.pngQOKznxM.gif

#38 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

OH no!!!! Bee meets Gai. Is going to be a whole world of youth and nuttiness. And im liking the 6 paths Naruto already xD, all he needs is a rinnegan and i will say that Kishi reads too much fanfiction.

Edited by Strangelove, 05 August 2010 - 01:02 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#39 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 4 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally!!!!!! I don't think i've ever spent 25 Minutes on reading just one chapter before, I could have watched an episode of Shippuden in that time.

I'm totally confused right now.
How come when Naruto accesses the Kyuubi chakra now, it's nothing like the red vile chakra we have seen up until now? Did the Sage also tie in some of his power in the Kyuubi, and the power Naruto has access to is the Sage's power? It makes no sense for Kyuubi's Chakra to be so potent that Mokoten powers get advanced as well. Isn't Kyuubi's power meant to be distructive and completely opposite the power of nature?

Aobo is on the island too? Why is Gai always paired with the cool charactors?

Great Chapter, will have to read again once the site is back to normal speed...and hopefully Sleepfans scanalation will be made available via alternative providors.

Edit: Did anyone else think the ball of chakra looked like the ball the Kyuubi was nailed to when sealed inside Kushina?

Well, I assume it's because before, the Kyuubi took control of his body. Now, the Kyuubi's essence/mind is separated from it's Chakra.

#40 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Shirosaki @ Aug 4 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I assume it's because before, the Kyuubi took control of his body. Now, the Kyuubi's essence/mind is separated from it's Chakra.

I guess that's how it can be explained the separation of Kyuubi and its chakra because the tailed beasts were pure chakra from the Juubi given solid form.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users