Close
Photo

Grace's Blog!

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#61 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

Baaaaaaaah. So bored.

Not much to do while waiting for the latest Naruto chapter to come out.... Vacuumed, washed the dishes, checked the mail...

Nnnnggh, hurry up, Mangastream! arg.gif

#62 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

OH BOO YOU WHORE.

Meeeh, I'm tired of people making fun of me just 'cause I like Nickelback dry.gif
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean I'm the weirdo for liking them!
They have some fun songs, some sad songs, and some really sweet songs--I'm looking at you, "Gotta Be Somebody".
I don't care if Chad Kroeger's voice sounds rough, or people thinks their sound never changes... I like the sound, so it's no problem to me.
So th_tongue.gif

Ohohoh, and their song, "I'd Come For You" from their Dark Horse album always makes me think of this adorable NaruSaku AMV that makes me fangasm all over the place whenever I see it.
Here's the AMV:

In other news, I can't stop listening to "Airplanes" by B.o.B.<-----it's such a good song! Especially since when I was a kid I used to make wishes on stars all the time, and when I was about 9 years old I realized that most of them were probably planes. Even though I realized that, I decided to just make wishes on the planes anyways. I even made up a new rhyme for wishing on airplanes, though I don't remember it...
But the song is so good; it blends the rap with the bridge very well. Of course, it helps that the bridge is sung by the vocalist from one of my favorite bands: Hayley Williams from Paramore.

#63 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

I know what you mean. When I was 11, I LOVEDDDD Jenny Rom, and I was made fun of for that laugh.gif I'm not really into her anymore, though.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#64 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

Your an actual redhead? wow.png my hair is dyed red XP

#65 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I love Nickelback. People are right when they say his voice is rough, and that they have a similar sound each time, but I like it and the songs they have. I don't make fun of people for liking Scremo or Techno, which is often made fun of for having repeating elements along with a reputation for being annoying.

I think music is sort of like people's taste in clothing or food. I will only criticize it when it is sending across a bad message (like the sexism in most popular rap songs) but a band like Nickelback isn't making their money by flaunting bling or doing something widely controversial. What's the harm in liking them? Plus, they are Canadian <3 Teehee.

I'll check out that Airplanes song. =) If there's a NaruSaku amv with it, that will be a bonus.

#66 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Jul 23 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Nickelback. People are right when they say his voice is rough, and that they have a similar sound each time, but I like it and the songs they have. I don't make fun of people for liking Scremo or Techno, which is often made fun of for having repeating elements along with a reputation for being annoying.

I think music is sort of like people's taste in clothing or food. I will only criticize it when it is sending across a bad message (like the sexism in most popular rap songs) but a band like Nickelback isn't making their money by flaunting bling or doing something widely controversial. What's the harm in liking them? Plus, they are Canadian <3 Teehee.

I'll check out that Airplanes song. =) If there's a NaruSaku amv with it, that will be a bonus.

!! Yesyesyes! It doesn't make sense to me that Nickelback gets as much flak as it does when there are other genres/artists out there that are "guilty" of the same. But I guess one easy target is.....easy.

I try not to criticize someone's taste in music ever, though I guess if someone's listening to something with a bad message I'd say something about it. Not necessarily to criticize, but just to point out what I personally don't like about what they're listening to.

Being Canadian is sexy?<---That's a new concept for me XD

Oh, forgot to post the AMV. Here it is; it only uses the bridge of the song/the singing bits--and it's a bit short--, but it's still awesome:

@KonaKona--

Not sure I've ever heard of Jenny Rom. What are some of her songs called?

@Shippu--

Heh, totally authentic! a_thumbs.gif It's nothing like Kushina's (read: not a primary color), but it's definitely an orange-y-red =]

Edited by Kushina, 23 July 2010 - 10:18 PM.

#67 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

Not a good idea.

Staying awake for nearly 24 hours straight, riding an emotional high, then getting only 4 hours of sleep before trying to function again is not a good idea.

Really. 'Cause I just did that--am in the "trying to function again" stage--and it's not working so well for me.

I think I might be a cool person and post an AMV every time I add an entry to this, just because I have so freakin' many and the NaruSaku AMV thread never moves. I'd keep adding them there anyways, if double-posting was allowed. I think if I were to edit and add any more to the post I already have there, it'd end up taking over the whole page XP

So here's the AMV for this post. I find it cute, and was very happy that someone had made such a cool video for this song using NaruSaku. Not to mention, I highly approve of the ending <3:

Oh, and! I was rewatching my first box-set of Shippuuden, when I noticed something cool in the bonus features: a "relations" chart for Team Kakashi. You click on either Naruto, Sakura, or Kakashi and their thoughts/feelings towards the remaining two are shown.

-->For Naruto to Kakashi, it says something like, "He's a kind and cool sensei, but I wish he'd stop being late and get more energized!"
-->Naruto to Sakura says, "Always loved her. She's cute...though sometimes really scary. Don't want to get her upset."
------>Nyyyaaaaaan, you know you love it when she yells, boy-o. Don't deny it <3

-->Sakura to Naruto: (don't remember exactly....but something like) "Concerned about his well-being. He used to be an annoying brat, but I'm starting to see him in different way."
------> 8O !!! Could this be romantic hinting? Simple acknowledgement of the fact that they're growing closer as friends?
--------------->Who cares, it makes me happy!
-->Sakura to Kakashi: (something like....) "He's a smart and cool sensei. I've become resigned to his tardiness and lack of enthusiasm."

-->Kakashi to Naruto: (something like....) "This kid is really something. He's not as excitable as he used to be...."
-->Kakashi to Sakura: (something like....) "She's become strong. It's sad that she always doesn't react to jokes anymore."

How fun! XD

And even more fun is that for the second box-set, there's a chart for Team Gai. I have a feeling for Neji to everybody it'll be, "Mostly annoying, but they're my team so I put up with it."
And for Lee: "I LOVE YOU ALL, ESPECIALLY YOU GAI-SENSEEEEEEEEEIIII. NEJI WE'RE BEST BUDS RIGHT, RIGHT?? SHINING YOUTH, GOOOOOOOOOO."

#68 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Here's one, for instance...Listening to this again reminded me of what a weird child I am was.

....Seriously hm.png

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#69 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jul 24 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's one, for instance...Listening to this again reminded me of what a weird child I am was.

....Seriously hm.png

That song was too fun 8D But the video kind of made my eyes hurt....
She sounds sort of like the chick from Nightcore, though with a thicker accent.

Ooooooklahoma!

Saw a local production of the show Oklahoma! yesterday, and it was.....alright. Nowhere near as dull as the movie version, but still not making it to my list of favorites musicals. What it did do well, though, was remind me of how much I love cowboys wub.gif

Also, is it sad that throughout the whole show I kept making parallels between the couples in the show and NaruSaku? 'Cause every time anything sweet happened, I would think, "Awwwww, I bet Naruto and Sakura would do that too <333".

.....obsessive fangirl? ME? PSSSSHH.

Never. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Here's the post-ly AMV. Just a silly, short video that makes me wanna dance:

#70 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Those are some pretty good AMVs you posted and you saw Oklahoma? I could never sit through the whole thing myself. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#71 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 25 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are some pretty good AMVs you posted and you saw Oklahoma? I could never sit through the whole thing myself. tongue.gif

Yup, sat through the whole thing. It was put on by the local theatre company (which my family and I are members of), so it was kind of like...an obligation of sorts? We know the director, producer, and most of--if not all--the actors...

It was cute; they managed to make it bearable, and at times even entertaining.

#72 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 25 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, sat through the whole thing. It was put on by the local theatre company (which my family and I are members of), so it was kind of like...an obligation of sorts? We know the director, producer, and most of--if not all--the actors...

It was cute; they managed to make it bearable, and at times even entertaining.

They must be amazing actors to make that bearable argh1.png

JLHza2T.png

#73 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 25 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They must be amazing actors to make that bearable argh1.png

Hrm...s'pose that could be said. For me the highlights were:

--the girl that played Ado Annie (someone I've gone to school with since kindergarten). She has got the most amazing voice, facial expressions, timing...
--the guy that played Will Parker (ironically, the boyfriend of Ado Annie's actress, also someone I've known for forever). Amazingly funny.
--the dude that played the Persian (dear friend of my dad's, hilarious and sweet man). His presence took over whatever scene he was in.
--the guy that played Jud Fry (the director of the show). Managed to really make Jud dark, yet sympathetic.
--any time the cowboys were together on stage--especially when they were dancing.

Other than those things, the plot was as dull as ever, the characters were one-dimensional as ever, and I was not sad to see it end.

BTW Muffins: how'd your tennis match go? =]

Edited by Kushina, 26 July 2010 - 05:20 AM.

#74 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:24 AM

Ahhh I won but barely I got there late cause I overslept since I was reading Toradora! all night. So got around to reading anything besides the end yet? tongue.gif

JLHza2T.png

#75 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 25 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh I won but barely I got there late cause I overslept since I was reading Toradora! all night. So got around to reading anything besides the end yet? tongue.gif

a_dance.gif

Grats on the victory, in any case!

Haven't had a chance to sit and read the rest yet; my last two days have been spent cleaning house, seeing "Oklahoma!", then visiting my friend's new place. I did read as much of the final chapters as the site has though and was veeeeeery pleased by how utterly love-struck the writing is.

How far did you get?

#76 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

I'm in the middle of the second one, haven't read it recently I've been playing Starcraft to get my skills back so I don't get dominated as soon as I get starcraft II.

JLHza2T.png

#77 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 25 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in the middle of the second one, haven't read it recently I've been playing Starcraft to get my skills back so I don't get dominated as soon as I get starcraft II.

Oooh, Starcraft. A game I have watched many a-friend play yet have never played myself.

#78 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 25 2010, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooh, Starcraft. A game I have watched many a-friend play yet have never played myself.

It's very fun very recommended I think I'll start my own blog as an image dump and video dump.

JLHza2T.png

#79 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Eheheheheh.....

Fangirling is so much more fun when you do it with other people XD

Starchii (a NaruSaku artist from dA) and I have been having fun bantering back and forth on Livejournal about various things in the fandom--we had too much fun XD

Video for this post: Nothing too special, except that it uses one of my favorite classic "Christmas" songs. As a fan of old things, this makes me giggle with glee:

Unf, this video makes me wanna rewatch my favorite musicals....

#80 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

OHMYGOSH

I'm a genin now! omfg.gif

100 posts already.... Go me? XD

For your viewing pleasure, a cutesy video set to probably the most over-used romantic song:

At least it's done well tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users