• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:03 AM

Fate is gone (until Heaven's Feel), but Ufotable is back at it again with their grade A art animation.

Episode 1 came out and it was really good. Music was great. Art wasn't Fate Zero or Unlimited Blade Works, but it was still very good. Plot looks really interesting.

Anyone else watching this? Well let's talk about it. :P

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#2 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

I saw the first episode. It was meh to me. I will keep watching b/c of the interesting animation and potentially good fights, but I don't see anything intrigueing about the story so far. And MC feels so generic and boring. Music teally didn't stand out to me, and the opening isn't memorable (except for Kara no Kyoukai, I was never a fan of the soundtrack of the animes done by Ufotable). What is noteworthy though is that Ufotable had to ask 12 other studios to help them out to meet the deadline for this week.

Edited by trang95, 13 July 2015 - 02:51 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

I was never a fan of the soundtrack of the animes done by Ufotable

.........what...?!

And MC feels so generic and boring.

Well I wouldn't call it boring. His background wasn't even shown. The fact he has survived on the outside means theres much more to him than shown in episode 1. This also seems like one of those animes where 2 or 3 characters can be more appealing and favorited by the viewers for their mysterious but obviously deep past (like Attack on Titan). I'm also very tired of words like generic with anime characters. I swear people call about every single main character that now. You can call any character in any show generic now. Every type of character has already been done before. What was this MC supposed to do? Have one leg and not speak? Come on.

2XtVwF6.png

#4 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

.........what...?!
Well I wouldn't call it boring. His background wasn't even shown. The fact he has survived on the outside means theres much more to him than shown in episode 1. This also seems like one of those animes where 2 or 3 characters can be more appealing and favorited by the viewers for their mysterious but obviously deep past (like Attack on Titan). I'm also very tired of words like generic with anime characters. I swear people call about every single main character that now. You can call any character in any show generic now. Every type of character has already been done before. What was this MC supposed to do? Have one leg and not speak? Come on.

My personal taste when it comes to music. Bombastic sounding, but doesn't stand out to me and isn't memorable, except for Kara no Kyoukai (that soubdtrack is godly). I don't even remember the melody of Godeater's opening (all I remember is that it had some slowmotion scenes). About this whole repetitve use of the word "generic": Reason I use the word is b/c we'll learn about his tragic past and how he became this revenge type character, and along the line we'll find out he has some hidden power. Taciturn personality. Also a natural talent, but initially stalted b/c of his reckless behavior and drive to save others in need. A "cool" character design (b/c this is an adaptation of a game so everyone needs to have some badass clothing, but who cares about the level of proctection or uniformity among the fighters). Instead of typing all of this out, I just used the word "generic." No one expects to see the MC past in the first episode, so even w/out it, something about his personality should stand out, make him feel unique. I'm giving him and the plot a chance though, so I'll see if the show manages to surprise me.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

My personal taste when it comes to music. Bombastic sounding, but doesn't stand out to me and isn't memorable, except for Kara no Kyoukai (that soubdtrack is godly). I don't even remember the melody of Godeater's opening (all I remember is that it had some slowmotion scenes). About this whole repetitve use of the word "generic": Reason I use the word is b/c we'll learn about his tragic past and how he became this revenge type character, and along the line we'll find out he has some hidden power. Taciturn personality. Also a natural talent, but initially stalted b/c of his reckless behavior and drive to save others in need. A "cool" character design (b/c this is an adaptation of a game so everyone needs to have some badass clothing, but who cares about the level of proctection or uniformity among the fighters). Instead of typing all of this out, I just used the word "generic." No one expects to see the MC past in the first episode, so even w/out it, something about his personality should stand out, make him feel unique. I'm giving him and the plot a chance though, so I'll see if the show manages to surprise me.

Everything you just said about his character has been done before, but why does that men he isn't good? You try making a main character with characteristics never done before. It's impossible. His character wouldn't obey orders if too much was at stake. So far he is a good hero character and to bash him and call him generic is looking for an excuse to hate something new. Don't bash characters until you know their character. Ex: Trafalgar Law

2XtVwF6.png

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Everything you just said about his character has been done before, but why does that men he isn't good? You try making a main character with characteristics never done before. It's impossible. His character wouldn't obey orders if too much was at stake. So far he is a good hero character and to bash him and call him generic is looking for an excuse to hate something new. Don't bash characters until you know their character. Ex: Trafalgar Law

Law is generic and he's not that great of a character, plus he has the monotone I don't like everything attitude, which is very generic.  

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#7 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

Law is generic and he's not that great of a character, plus he has the monotone I don't like everything attitude, which is very generic.  

One Piece fandom hates you! xD

2XtVwF6.png

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

It's just my first impressions. Not saying that he's a bad character (despite his archetype character having been reused a lot), but so far his performance was rather weak and unimpressive in my eyes. Like I said: I'm giving him a chance, so no, I'm not hating on him, just rather uninterested in him so far. And I don't read One Piece (will read it when I've caught up with Berserk).

Edited by trang95, 13 July 2015 - 11:28 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#9 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

lol, good try

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#10 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

It's just my first impressions. Not saying that he's a bad character (despite his archetype character having been reused a lot), but so far his performance was rather weak and unimpressive in my eyes. Like I said: I'm giving him a chance, so no, I'm not hating on him, just rather uninterested in him so far. And I don't read One Piece (will read it when I've caught up with Berserk).

Fair enough I guess. You need to read it. It's a sin to not.

2XtVwF6.png

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

Fair enough I guess. You need to read it. It's a sin to not.

I will (hopefully before college begins). Same goes for Berserk though: Really a mustread!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

Watched the first episode, but I don't think it's something I will continue. Something about the animation I don't really like and neither the plot or characters stood out to me.

#13 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

Watched the first episode, but I don't think it's something I will continue. Something about the animation I don't really like and neither the plot or characters stood out to me.

Man you guys are making this top 3 Summer 2015 anime look bad here. The animation is done by Ufotable. Hard to find better animation than Ufotable's so.....

You've seen a little from a few characters. What is there to stand out without seeing enough? Gotta give characters time to have their personal stories told. We don't even know the real plot yet. Just monsters have taken over. We don't know if it was a god or gods that got mad. We don't even know if gods have anything to do with it. We don't know why some people are in and out of this protective area where our characters live in. How did these humans out of protection evolve into New-Types? Why did a sword get cut in half and start bleeding in the opening? We know so little of the plot and the characters surronding it. All we see is an anime with potential. The hate man... the hate is uncalled for.

2XtVwF6.png

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

Decided to watch episode 1 and I normally don't judge things by the first ep, but eh.

The animation is really off putting, they went with some sort of 2D/CG Hybrid. Don't get me wrong animation shouldn't really push you away unless its bad but something about this doesn't really feel right. 

From what I'm also reading around on various forums people don't really like it, they say the pacing is off. 

Im all for anime's about video games but idk.

#15 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

Can we get some positive in here!? I don't understand man. Every rating and review I saw was praising this until you guys showed up in here. :lol:

CG sucks, but that won't make me judge an anime too much. Have you seen RWBY? 2/10 animation, but we still like it. Ruby best girl. Blake overpowered.

2XtVwF6.png

#16 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:36 AM

Can we get some positive in here!? I don't understand man. Every rating and review I saw was praising this until you guys showed up in here. :lol:

CG sucks, but that won't make me judge an anime too much. Have you seen RWBY? 2/10 animation, but we still like it. Ruby best girl. Blake overpowered.

RWBY is different it's full CG I'm used to full CG.

A Hybrid which is normally used in video games IE: Record of Agarest Zero Im fine with

But when it gets into anime and you start animating full shows with it it's very off putting.

I wasnt just trying to focus on the animation the whole thing just seems really off pace even for the company that "animated" it.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 14 July 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#17 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

RWBY is different it's full CG I'm used to full CG.

A Hybrid which is normally used in video games IE: Record of Agarest Zero Im fine with

But when it gets into anime and you start anime full shows with it it's very off putting.

I wasnt just trying to focus on the animation the whole thing just seems really off pace even for the company that "animated" it.

Of course it was off pace for you. You can't even keep up with characters becoming really good (Law).

Shots fired. Fight me. :mellow:

2XtVwF6.png

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:03 AM

Lol, have you even read the comment section in myanimelist? Half of the users if not even more bashed this series from the getgo. So initial reactions are really mixed. Same goes for the youtube comment section of various youtube reviwers. The animation style here is subjective. I like it, but for some it might not be appealing.

Edited by trang95, 14 July 2015 - 01:10 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

Man you guys are making this top 3 Summer 2015 anime look bad here. The animation is done by Ufotable. Hard to find better animation than Ufotable's so.....

Just curious: What is the top 3 anime of the summer for you?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

Just curious: What is the top 3 anime of the summer for you?

Don't got one yet. When I said top 3 I was speaking for the public's top 3 most anticipated.

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users