4201 replies to this topic

#3401 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

My best friend and I were talking about the series, and he believes the spin off manga Vigilantes is much better than the main series. 

It's been a while since I've read the earlier chapters of vigilantes, but if we're talking about where both series stand I guess Vigilantes is better for now.

Honestly, I'm more excited to see what's coming next for the main series then where we are at... I've got a whole discussion video coming up with where my thoughts on the series has been as of now. I'm try and get it out sometime this week. 

Vigilante is more on a safer ground, where its more like slice of life in a way, but it is focused due to limited to the main three that really are main three. Its more layback and thats fine. Is it better than the main series? Depends what you are looking for.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 14 January 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#3402 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

Vigilante is more on a safer ground, where its more like slice of life in a way, but it is focused due to limited to the main three that really are main three. Its more layback and thats fine. Is it better than the main series? Depends what you are looking for.

That's actually a fairly good point!

I'd probably say the same when it comes to Vigilante. Maybe I'd add that its a bit more grittier and mature with it's story more so with the main trio.  

Not that I think it's gonna happen anytime soon, but it would interesting to see Koichi and Deku cross paths with one another in the main series. If Kohei decides to go down that approach? who knows it could potentially give that UA Beginnings Saga feeling that we've all been craving since the Hideout Raid Arc, or The Cultural Festival Arc (in my case). 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#3403 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:25 AM

Maybe but I don’t think koichi will meet deku in costume though. Probably as a cilivial but Deku will only be 10-11 around this time. Me Personally wouldn’t call one better than the other because I enjoy them for different reasons. The Main series feels like a straight up Superhero Comic that has straight up action/fight scenes and heroic spirit and I love the diverse cast. Vigilante is more about street level crimes and like you said luck deals with more mature and gritty themes. However I agree with Derock that Koichi and Kazuho aren’t interesting. I mean i like them alot but they are not the driving force of the story, Knuckle Duster is, and he is also the backbone of the series. That will become more apparent later on in the story, but the point is Koichi and Kazuho don’t advance the plot on their own really.

Anyways, we have 9 and a 1/2 months left until season 4 premieres so lets talk about the manga. Vol. 17 is coming out next month and vol. 18 is coming out in April so mark that down if you plan on getting those because I'm definitely buying when they come out :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 January 2019 - 01:22 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3404 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

He met his mom in the first chapter if I recall correctly.

#3405 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Right, he did...... I think. I'll look back on it

#3406 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

So...

This week's chapter

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3407 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

MHA was a fun series while lasted...

#3408 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

What, dropping it?

#3409 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

What, dropping it?

I dont drop series that I started. It will be just another Bleach to me: read it because I started it and will end it.

#3410 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Let's hope Kohei can deliver with the next arc as he claims it's suppose to be crazy! 

Cultural Festival Arc & Pro Hero Arc felt like they were taking a good direction after the Internship Arc..  Honestly the first chapter with the one for all quirk was probably the biggest red herring for this arc as it really got put on the backburner until this very moment. Granted I haven't read the latest chapter that just came out, but I will at somepoint today. 

The Point is I want see the series go back to the same momentum it had during the U.A. Beginning Saga (start of the series to Hideout Raid Arc).

I mean The Pro Hero Arc was a great character piece for Endevour, but nothing really much was done for Deku. 

That's one of the things I really loved about the Cultural Festival Arc was that he took the center stage (yeah it had some issues, but it was a great arc).  It also harkoned back the uniqueness factor My Hero Academia initially had which is what I really loved about the series before the final third of the Internship Arc came into play. 

the excuse I hear a lot of people making that it's a training arc ofcourse you can't really expect too much out of it, and I couldn't disagree with that statement even more because The Final Exams Arc (right before the summer camp & Hideout Raid Arc) was a perfect example of demonstrating how a training arc should be.   Again I haven't read Chapter 213 yet, but it does feel disappointing.

Again I don't want to come off as negative towards My Hero Academia because I think it's a great series, but the flaws are definetly beginning to standout more now then they did before. 

Prior to this I thought it was at-least Amazing with minimal flaws. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 18 January 2019 - 12:44 PM.

#3411 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

You think I randomly reacted? It's because of the recent chapter. We Naruto now.

#3412 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

You think I randomly reacted? It's because of the recent chapter. We Naruto now.

My blame simply goes to BlueStar    

Oh yeah best arc in the series alright. 

#3413 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

So Deku is now the Sage of the six paths?

iAnby7W.gif

#3414 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

So Deku is now the Sage of the six paths?

Essentially, yes. I'm just waiting for reincarnation now.

#3415 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

MHA was a fun series while lasted...

On the flip side, we might finally get some damn shine and development for Deku himself. I’m happier about this than I have been with most of the series for a long while. If it’s done well, it could be much better than the trash heap Kishi put out. I don’t necessarily think it is equivalent to Naruto or the whole Sage thing, but it depends on how it’s written. Hopefully it’s a sign that the author is about to actually invest in his main character instead of sacrificing him on the altar of side characters like Bakugou.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3416 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

On the flip side, we might finally get some damn shine and development for Deku himself. I’m happier about this than I have been with most of the series for a long while. If it’s done well, it could be much better than the trash heap Kishi put out. I don’t necessarily think it is equivalent to Naruto or the whole Sage thing, but it depends on how it’s written. Hopefully it’s a sign that the author is about to actually invest in his main character instead of sacrificing him on the altar of side characters like Bakugou.

Don't worry. He will. He will be OP as hell and essentially, bore me with lack of tension and plenty of convenient plot point waiting to happen. Honestly, if Kohei knows how to choreograph, this type of power wouldn't be needed. 

#3417 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

Even if there's some complaints about this week's chapter, it starts to make sense why things are like this; the way One For All is, it worked with the Quirk of All For One's brother, since it was a Quirk that would be able to pass on other Quirks to others, so what's to say it isn't impossible to also take on additional Quirks too? The thing is, Izuku still has to LEARN how to use those Quirks besides what he's done with using One For All. It's just a matter of his motivation in the long run. I personally can't wait to see what happens next!

#3418 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:09 PM

Alright, what I say is that that first, the idea has been hinted at already. As Bryon said, It was already stated that OFA stockpiles quirks  and can pass them one to the next user. The main problem as to why it feels like an @$$Pull is that it was never alluded to by All Might using anything besides super-strength, and even Nana Shimura did not display multiple quirks. That is the only problem that I have with it, it is not an actual story inconsistency as it was subtlety foreshadowed, but it is inconsistent with what was shown with Deku's predecessors. That is all. And before anyone starts jumping the gun, do we know what EXACTLY those quirks are? It's a little too early to say that Deku will be the most op character in the series  and fights will be boring. Yes I'll prepare for the possibility that that may come true BUT until it happens let's just calm down and take it in as we go along.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2019 - 05:32 PM.

#3419 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:09 PM

This revelation demands some form of Man of Steel review from Nostalgia Critic, because I see nothing but two sides of the coin. I call dibs on "bad" side.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 18 January 2019 - 05:09 PM.

#3420 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Alright, what I say is that that first the idea has been hinted at already. As Bryon said, It was already stated that OFA stockpiles quirks  and can pass them one to the next user. The main problem as to why it feels like and @$$Pull is that it was never alluded to by All Might using anything besides super-strength, and even Nana Shimura did not display multiple quirks. that is the only problem that I have with it, it is not an actual story inconsistency as it was subtlety foreshadowed, but it is inconsistent with what was shown with Deku's predecessors. That is all. And before anyone starts jumping the gun, do we know what EXACTLY those quirks are? It's a little too early to say that Deku will be the most op character in the series  and fights will be boring. Yes I'll prepare for the possibility that that may come true BUT until it happens let's just calm down and take it in as we go along.  

So you want to play the good side? Good. We can have a fun discussion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users